OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7279, 7280, 7281 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the Grant trade doesn’t materialize I don’t mind taking a crack at Harrison Barnes

Would you do Russ/THT/1st 2027 for Barnes/Hield/DJones?

Sacramento wouldn’t

Okay, we finally found you two in the same room

This.

Lol! It’s the SAME person….writing styles and silly trade ideas are exactly the same.

If it makes you sleep better at night, go ahead.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the Grant trade doesn’t materialize I don’t mind taking a crack at Harrison Barnes

Sacramento would have to be on crack to do that trade? LOL

They are on crack for last 14/15 years. Their owner has been one of the worst

Sacto is probably the only team I could say that's worse than the Lakers in terms of management. Drafting Bagley over Doncic and hiring Walton just to name a few of the boneheaded moves. If there's one team that would take on WB for us, it would be Sacto. Pelinka should give them a call and try to work his magic (no pun intended).
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:29 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Sacto is probably the only team I could say that's worse than the Lakers in terms of management. Drafting Bagley over Doncic and hiring Walton just to name a few of the boneheaded moves. If there's one team that would take on WB for us, it would be Sacto. Pelinka should give them a call and try to work his magic (no pun intended).

Kings are definitely a team that would take a chance on Westbrook but the question is are they still bitter about the Hield fiasco from this past off season? Not only that but the Kings have no incentives to help us out, Knicks on another hand might do something with us because Fournier and Kemba are frustrated with there role.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Saw an interesting trade
Nunn/Dwight for Mo Bamba
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Stein: The Pacers have signed Lance Stephenson to a standard 10-day contract now after two previous 10-day hardship deals.

The Pacers continue to do permissible short-term deals with Stephenson to maintain roster flexibility as they engage in trade talk on various fronts with the ongoing expectation Lance will ultimately be signed for the rest of the season.

First off, since this is the year of retreads, I would have loved Lance back.

Secondly, Indy seems to be up to something and imho Turner woulda been a great get for us, but my gut is telling me we just don’t have enough punch in our current assets to knock some sense into Pritchard.

Lastly, Stanley re-inked a 10 day (non hardship) deal with us on the 6th. Tomorrow will be his final day on that deal. Don’t be surprised if we have him in a holding pattern for a few days to either have him sign another 10 dayer (we can offer him one more) or a rest of season deal in order to have flex with our roster spots for tradeSZN.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No one wants WB. Why would NY want WB? What I was trying to say is Sacto is probably the only team gullible enough that we could trick into taking WB. No one is going to willingly and consciously take WB unless they could unload their toxic contracts. Just because some player is unhappy with his team doesn't mean his contract is toxic. Knicks could always trade said players for better players.

Kings are definitely a team that would take a chance on Westbrook but the question is are they still bitter about the Hield fiasco from this past off season? Not only that but the Kings have no incentives to help us out, Knicks on another hand might do something with us because Fournier and Kemba are frustrated with there role.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

This franchise better figure what their next move long term and realize they're not winning jack with this core.

This is what we're facing:

1. No first rounders this year or in 2024 or 2025, a swapped first next year, meaning tanking isn't an option

2. Only young controllable players (Reaves, THT) that do not look like foundational guys, just solid role players

3. No cap space until 2023, of course that means no WB (good) and no Lebron (bad)

4. Our locked up young foundation piece (AD) can neither stay healthy and even when he does play, looks like a disinterested shell of the guy he was a couple years ago.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Evan Massey
@massey_evan
Per source to
@HoopAnalysisNet
, the #Pacers and #Raptors have had trade discussions for Myles Turner with OG Anunoby being a name mentioned as a potential return.

There goes myles!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Evan Massey
@massey_evan
Per source to
@HoopAnalysisNet
, the #Pacers and #Raptors have had trade discussions for Myles Turner with OG Anunoby being a name mentioned as a potential return.

There goes myles!

tf...would much rather have anunoby.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:27 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Evan Massey
@massey_evan
Per source to
@HoopAnalysisNet

There goes myles!

tf...would much rather have anunoby.

Need mins for Scottie barnes
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

We would be able to upgrade the team if Rob didn't handle assets so poorly. What Lakers need to do is sign the forgotten players (like Stanley), players not really playing (like Malik), or scout players who have talent in the G league. He has always had potential, but didn't workout on other teams. I feel maybe that route could be effective for us. As well as going after bigger names; Grant, Simmons, Myles, etc...
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr
Assuming ur a GM with job security the further out I can get the Lakers pick the better imo. In 6 yrs Lebron will be 43 and AD will be 34

Sam Quinn
@SamQuinnCBS
Been saying this for a month. Certain GMs can’t take the risk of trading for a pick five years out… but the ones that can should really want to because there’s a chance those deep future Laker picks are realllllly valuable.

Good read
https://twitter.com/SamQuinnCBS/status/1482132227131691011
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr
Assuming ur a GM with job security the further out I can get the Lakers pick the better imo. In 6 yrs Lebron will be 43 and AD will be 34

Sam Quinn
@SamQuinnCBS
Been saying this for a month. Certain GMs can’t take the risk of trading for a pick five years out… but the ones that can should really want to because there’s a chance those deep future Laker picks are realllllly valuable.

Good read

Lol Lakers future would be getting pushed back further than an exceeding hairline. Depending on who we would get in return
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:37 pm    Post subject:

This is mind blowing: The last first round draft pick by the Knicks to get a second contract from the Knicks was . . . Charlie Ward. The Knox trade extends the streak. I guess they haven’t found any more Heisman Trophy winners.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I really think Russ would work with Philly i dont see why not..
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
This is mind blowing: The last first round draft pick by the Knicks to get a second contract from the Knicks was . . . Charlie Ward. The Knox trade extends the streak. I guess they haven’t found any more Heisman Trophy winners.

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:05 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr

Sam Quinn
@SamQuinnCBS

Good read

Reeaally good chance that's a lotto pick. 95% chance the post-Lebron superstar we get (if we even get one--why are stars so hyped to play with a 30-year-old/looks-35 AD?) is another Russ.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:12 pm    Post subject:

Tht/Nunn/1st for og anunoby

Get it done Rob
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

That is weird, especially considering they've drafted some solid players: Kristaps Porziņģis, Iman Shumpert, Tim Hardaway Jr., Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Channing Frye, David Lee,
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Ralph Mason
@Ralph_MasonJr

Sam Quinn
@SamQuinnCBS

Good read

Reeaally good chance that's a lotto pick. 95% chance the post-Lebron superstar we get (if we even get one--why are stars so hyped to play with a 30-year-old/looks-35 AD?) is another Russ.

Lebron is 27. He's still got a good 10 years left. The way Lebron's been playing lately, he's gonna be around awhile. In 5 years, even if Lebron's production declined by 50%, he would still be a starter. Therefore, that '27 pick will be mediocre.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:20 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:

I actually think so as well, but Morey has to think so. I think people get caught up in numbers and not fit. Fit can effect your numbers. To me Westbrook would fit way better for the Sixers, under a coach like Doc Rivers, than here.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:21 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Hield didn't impress me that much from the 4 games he played against Lakers. imo, he's just a younger and a tad more consistent version of Wayne Ellington.

I'm not interested in any move that doesn't bring us better defense. Good grief... start addressing our weaknesses!!!
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Hield didn't impress me that much from the 4 games he played against Lakers. imo, he's just a younger and a tad more consistent version of Wayne Ellington.

I'm not interested in any move that doesn't bring us better defense. Good grief... start addressing our weaknesses!!!

In a perfect world we get either Tobias and Simmons or Grant and Trent while still holding onto Bron, Davis, Melo and Monk.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
logical24 wrote:

I actually think so as well, but Morey has to think so. I think people get caught up in numbers and not fit. Fit can effect your numbers. To me Westbrook would fit way better for the Sixers, under a coach like Doc Rivers, than here.

Also their goal is to have cap in 2023.

Russ would be expiring. Just hopeful thinking
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

RJ Barrett might break that streak, but I'm guessing they want him to make the leap to star level in the new few seasons before giving him a shiny contract.

However, they need a new owner. I see the Reddish trade as their last hail mary.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7279, 7280, 7281 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7280 of 8560
Jump to: