Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183, 184  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139561
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But Lebron told us all we are the Brady first year Bucs


Bron just forgot he is not Brady


If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.

Tom Brady is making 25 mil per year while because of the loopholes/signing bonus of NFL salary rules, his cap hit is only 10.5 mil
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-bradys-contract-details-buccaneers/1dxnys93a6wqs1uffpku8cbiz1
so what extremely large paycut did Tom take?
also Lebron's net worth might be higher than Tom and his wife combined given his success in his business and that Nike lifetime deal (1bil), but that's really insignificant to talk about.


Brady did make less than his value in New England, he reworked his contract at least twice to give the team cap space.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139561
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Good podcast on Russ

https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1481813168276086784


Who are these guys? Is the podcast any good?


Now a days everyone has a podcast... Just saying


Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11868

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But Lebron told us all we are the Brady first year Bucs


Bron just forgot he is not Brady


If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.

Tom Brady is making 25 mil per year while because of the loopholes/signing bonus of NFL salary rules, his cap hit is only 10.5 mil
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-bradys-contract-details-buccaneers/1dxnys93a6wqs1uffpku8cbiz1
so what extremely large paycut did Tom take?
also Lebron's net worth might be higher than Tom and his wife combined given his success in his business and that Nike lifetime deal (1bil), but that's really insignificant to talk about.


Brady did make less than his value in New England, he reworked his contract at least twice to give the team cap space.

rework contract by using signing bonus to reduce cap hit is not taking a large paycut. if they allow signing bonus in the NBA, all hell will break loose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 18007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
The minute Russ said “If we win a championship great. If not, life goes on.” is when the heat really turned on.

Can’t be saying that on the Lakers and then play like (bleep).



OMG yes!!! I couldn't believe what I heard. He is not Laker material!!! Lakers are about rings. Dude is all about stats!!!! We do not like that type of attitude. Russ couldn't have played with Kobe, damn!!! He would have asked for a trade a long time ago..

NOw he pouting and costing us games. But no one has the guts to bench him
_________________
New Beginings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 18007

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:24 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Russ went 1-7 at the rim last night...


Ouch. Before this bad 3 game stretch, he wasn't much better. Maybe going like 3-7

And we probably won that game if he went 3/7, lol


To be fair, some of those attempts were tough shots. Russ was driving into 2 or 3 guys, off-balance, side of the basket, etc. Now why he put himself into those situations and still thought it was a good idea to shoot is a different issue.


It's about decision making. Why you driving on 2-3 guys when you can kick out to the open shooter? Those moves of his always turn into TOs or missed at the rim. It's annoying
_________________
New Beginings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
logical24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 1624

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
There is a ‘rising belief’ around the league that Sacramento will trade Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield before the trade deadline, per
@TheSteinLine


Russ/2027 1st/THT do it rob!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
logical24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 1624

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
·
1h
According to
@massey_evan
the Raptors and Pacers have discussed a Myles Turner / OG Anunoby trade

Damn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 31 Oct 2018
Posts: 231

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
There is a ‘rising belief’ around the league that Sacramento will trade Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield before the trade deadline, per
@TheSteinLine


Russ/2027 1st/THT do it rob!


I would take Harrison Barnes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 26069

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.


I believe it. It's a lot easier to spend 30 to 60 minutes pontificating and spitting out hot takes than to spend a few hours writing an article with original ideas. Everyone wants to be a pundit, no one wants to do the hard work.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32775

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But Lebron told us all we are the Brady first year Bucs


Bron just forgot he is not Brady


If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.

Tom Brady is making 25 mil per year while because of the loopholes/signing bonus of NFL salary rules, his cap hit is only 10.5 mil
https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/tom-bradys-contract-details-buccaneers/1dxnys93a6wqs1uffpku8cbiz1
so what extremely large paycut did Tom take?
also Lebron's net worth might be higher than Tom and his wife combined given his success in his business and that Nike lifetime deal (1bil), but that's really insignificant to talk about.


The Brady thing has been extensively reported. He has chosen to leave money on the table in order to give his teams room to sign players. Business Insider calculated that Brady, over the course of his career, was paid $60 million less than he could have easily gotten. Other folks have estimated he made $100 million less than he could have.

Lebron has left some money on the table, too, when he signed with Miami. But nowhere near Brady. However, Brady is such a unique case that I wouldn't expect anyone to follow it. Lebron would have to leave a ridiculous amount of money on the table to significantly change things for the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21744

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
logical24 wrote:
NBA Central
@TheNBACentral
There is a ‘rising belief’ around the league that Sacramento will trade Harrison Barnes and Buddy Hield before the trade deadline, per
@TheSteinLine


Russ/2027 1st/THT do it rob!


I would take Harrison Barnes


Why? We have LeBron.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32775

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
But Lebron told us all we are the Brady first year Bucs


Bron just forgot he is not Brady


If Lebron were Brady, he would take an extremely large paycut to help the team sign other players.

Then again, Brady is married to a wife that’s richer than him. So that helps too.


I always wondered why more star players towards the tail end of their career don't take pay cuts to maximize their chances of winning.


1. The money is guaranteed; the winning isn't.

2. Players don't want to be perceived as having to give up a ton of money to win; they are afraid it would be perceived as buying a championship.

3. The money is as important or more important to the players as winning.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32775

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.


I believe it. It's a lot easier to spend 30 to 60 minutes pontificating and spitting out hot takes than to spend a few hours writing an article with original ideas. Everyone wants to be a pundit, no one wants to do the hard work.


I like podcasts with some depth -- where they dig out and analyze information, and combine it with interviews and storytelling.

Podcasts where a couple of guys just have a conversation, and give their opinions, are generally a waste of time. It's like listening to radio programs where fans call in with their opinions and questions -- I don't understand why anyone bothers with that type of thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5906

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 11620

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:21 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.


Good points, but then he'd be...Chris Paul?
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 6699
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:28 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.

A weird thing about Westbrook is that, somehow, he's a good 3-point shooter from the corners - 45.5% on the season.

Moving more without the ball and going to the corners when LeBron or someone else has the ball would help Westbrook. We've seen it every now and then, how about more often?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 6035

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject:

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/14/22883038/lakers-russell-westbrook-fit-analysis-why-not-stats-breakdown

Quote:
I also get that his weaknesses are exposed in very specific ways, particularly through a combination of length and strength that allows an individual defender to not only lay off him and encourage jump shots, but to challenge him at the rim should he still get to the paint anyway. Of late, teams are often defending him with forwards — something they’re more able to do with LeBron playing more center, and with the team starting two other 6’3 guards next to him — and we’re seeing the limitations of his individual strength and speed when the players who defend him are more equipped to deal with both.


Good explanation for why Russ has struggled more with Lebron at the 5. In the Kings game, he was guarded by Harrison Barnes. Lebron had to play PG all game as a result.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 378
Location: Shanghai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/14/22883038/lakers-russell-westbrook-fit-analysis-why-not-stats-breakdown

Quote:
I also get that his weaknesses are exposed in very specific ways, particularly through a combination of length and strength that allows an individual defender to not only lay off him and encourage jump shots, but to challenge him at the rim should he still get to the paint anyway. Of late, teams are often defending him with forwards — something they’re more able to do with LeBron playing more center, and with the team starting two other 6’3 guards next to him — and we’re seeing the limitations of his individual strength and speed when the players who defend him are more equipped to deal with both.


Good explanation for why Russ has struggled more with Lebron at the 5. In the Kings game, he was guarded by Harrison Barnes. Lebron had to play PG all game as a result.


I do think small lineup is killing us, it hurt everything, rebound, rim protect, and force every one face to bigger rival, how stupid it is .
_________________
You are not alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 6035

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

lts wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2022/1/14/22883038/lakers-russell-westbrook-fit-analysis-why-not-stats-breakdown

Quote:
I also get that his weaknesses are exposed in very specific ways, particularly through a combination of length and strength that allows an individual defender to not only lay off him and encourage jump shots, but to challenge him at the rim should he still get to the paint anyway. Of late, teams are often defending him with forwards — something they’re more able to do with LeBron playing more center, and with the team starting two other 6’3 guards next to him — and we’re seeing the limitations of his individual strength and speed when the players who defend him are more equipped to deal with both.


Good explanation for why Russ has struggled more with Lebron at the 5. In the Kings game, he was guarded by Harrison Barnes. Lebron had to play PG all game as a result.


I do think small lineup is killing us, it hurt everything, rebound, rim protect, and force every one face to bigger rival, how stupid it is .


True, but it's also true that right now we're not a very good team. Any identity is likely to struggle without AD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 26069

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I believe it. It's a lot easier to spend 30 to 60 minutes pontificating and spitting out hot takes than to spend a few hours writing an article with original ideas. Everyone wants to be a pundit, no one wants to do the hard work.


I like podcasts with some depth -- where they dig out and analyze information, and combine it with interviews and storytelling.

Podcasts where a couple of guys just have a conversation, and give their opinions, are generally a waste of time. It's like listening to radio programs where fans call in with their opinions and questions -- I don't understand why anyone bothers with that type of thing.


I don't think I've heard a sports podcast that actually had 60 minutes worth of content. I've listened to a handful, and each time I felt like I'd just wasted an hour of my time. There are articles in the The Athletic that provide more information, and you can read one of them in about five minutes.

This drives my impression of the whole podcast industry: It is hard work to write a coherent article with original thoughts or actual reporting, and it is much easier to babble to a microphone for an hour. The first time I saw this was Bill Simmons. Even though he was annoying about the Celtics and Lakers, his written pieces were pretty good. But after a while, he hardly wrote anything and instead just babbled away in podcasts. This started around the time that he had reached his apex at ESPN and was a major force in the sports world. Now he has receded to being just another podcaster.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 6035

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:21 am    Post subject:

Podcasts have greatly enriched my life. I use them as white noise during some of my more menial task around the house or at work. It’s the most convenient mental stimulation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 8059

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

Time's running out on salvaging this season. I don't think there's enough games left for us to make a major lineup change such as swapping WB out for Reaves and try to build chemistry. It's whatever at this point. On to next season...

Hopefully, some teams would be desperate for WB's expiring contract and take him off our hands without any sweeteners.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Nov 2020
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Good podcast on Russ

https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1481813168276086784


Who are these guys? Is the podcast any good?


Now a days everyone has a podcast... Just saying


Exactly. I saw some stats where the people who listen to podcasts went up 20% over 2 years, while the number of podcasts went up 1300%.

What bothers me about monetization on the internet is it rewards a lot of low-effort crap. A person could spend hundreds of hours making a animated short on YouTube, and they'll make a fraction of what a brainless reaction video will pull in. Don't even get me started on clickbait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 08 Nov 2020
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:36 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The craziest thing is, all Westbrook needs is a shot. If he had a shot, Lakers would skyrocket up. Or if he had great IQ the Lakers would skyrocket upwards, but his strengths are not necessarily what the Lakers need. His strengths actually hurt the team; like he forces assists, rather than surveying the floor and setting up the best shot and sacrificing defense to get rebounds.

This is why it's so stunning that they made the trade in the first place. It's not like him being an inefficient shooter caught anyone off guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jan 2016
Posts: 8059

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:43 am    Post subject:

You can't fastbreak off of a made basket. The Lakers are built for fastbreaks but they couldn't stop anyone from scoring hence no fastbreaks. That's our problem!! Whenever Westbrook tries to force his way to the basket without thinking (forced fastbreak), it usually results in a turnover. That's why good defense is so important. Good defense (and good boxing out) leads to more fastbreak opportunities.

We need to remove WB from our lineup and rethink our gameplan. We will try to go back to our championship days. Focus on stingy half-court defense and boxing out, THEN whenever the opportunity presents itself, outlet fastbreak to Lebron (Lebron could take on 2-3 guys by himself on a fastbreak)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 181, 182, 183, 184  Next
Page 182 of 184
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB