Rudy Fernandez, Marcus Williams, Nick Young or Aaron Gray

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Rudy Fernandez, Marcus Williams, Nick Young or Aaron Gray

I think that there is a chance these guys will be on the board with the lakers pick- either the 19'th or 20'th slot. - We are missing Odom now, so there is a chance we move down to 18. These are 4 players who I think could help the Lakers in low teens of this deep as heck draft.

I don't know if we need another Center at this time, but Aaron gray is big 7'1" 280 lbs and agile. His stock has fallen a lot since the last draft- mainly since the undenible talent of the big men in front of him like Spencer Hawes, Oden, Noah, Durant & Al Horford.

Last Draft I think Gray would have been in the Lotto. Guy is a really good rebounder, he boxes out like crazy, he has soft hands and has a good post game. He is not the most athletic player and has no outside game (he is a center IMO, he does not need one) His massive size and smarts make him a very very good post defender. If we were to move Kwame for some reason in the offseason, Gray might be a good pick up.

I really like Marcus Williams from AZ- if he were on the board, I would take him to be Kobe's back court mate for years to come. Guy brings it- he is a great scorer @ .54% From the field- has size 6'7", hops and he is a very good defender. He can defend fast PG's with his long wingspan, quick lateral speed and intelligent defense.

Nick Young is comming on and is a good team leader- he is not the most consistent defender at this time which is why I would rather hvae Marcus Williams, but he does have the tools to be a good defender. At this point, I want Defense over all else because our back courtD is soo bad- Kobe needs help!. But he does have a lot of skills and drive, I would not be sad to see him in P&G.

Then we have Rudy Fernandez whom I am tempted to write off as another non-defense playing fundamentally sound Euro SG. Rudy is great with the ball and is a versitle scorer, he can shoot and slash. The kid has done well in Europe- it shows that he has a good competive drive- he was the MVP of his Spanish league's King's cup in 2004. Reminds me of a shorter Sasha- but Shasha had no pedigree coming into the NBA- he was a bench player on his Euro team.

Fernandez may be good, but we already have too many SMART, but soft players on this team already IMHO. But knowing Mitch, you might be looking at our next Laker.

Right above those 4 guys are Acie Law & Tyler Hansbrough- probably out of our reach.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject:

we might be able to get rudy with our charlette pick, its a deep draft
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject:

marco belinelli.

rudy would be best suited for a fast paced team - actually the suns are his best fit.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject:

They're in a good spot to take a top notch player that falls to them, and there are plenty of NBA ready swingmen to go around as well. Gray won't be a logical fit if the Lakers find a way to lockup Mihm longterm for cheap. If they don't though, and do move Kwame for a solid PG, Gray would be an NBA ready big that could give Bynum a 15 min. break nightly. You'd have to like having a solid backup that can pass, board and hit a midrange shot once in a while. If he's the best available player and Mihm isn't back, he'd have a good shot at being the pick.

Rudy looks like has great offensive upside that would fit the triangle, but you have to wonder about his longterm fit. You take the best available player, but would he have room to become a starter eventually? We've been thristing for a defensive stopper on the perimeter, and you have to question if Rudy will ever be better than average at best. If Phil is ever leaning toward moving Kobe to SF though, he could eventually start at SG if he reaches his potential. I guess I'd hope to get more out of the pick than a Sasha type that gives Kobe a little break. Hope they do a good job scouting him, cause he looks like a big gamble either way.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Young or None of the above.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Definitely not Aaron Gray.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
Definitely not Aaron Gray.

You are right, with how far he has dropped down the board, we might get him with a second round pick.

I am so happy, Brewer is falling down the draft boards too- we might have a shot at him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: