(Vet min) CHRISTIAN WOOD a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Hanging from Rafters wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Loved my first year playing for my Hometown team, I Wish I wasn’t hurt majority of the season, But all in all it was a dream come True for me.. I will be better and 100% healthy next season .

https://twitter.com/Chriswood_5/status/1786483635266134243

Sounds like Wood's opting in.

Good to see actually

I guess man, if we get 2022-23 Wood not the imposter from this season 2023-24. I don’t mind having Wood as an injury insurance long shot if the plan is not expecting him to be in an initial 8 man rotation.

The Lakers need 8 players better than Hayes/Wood/CamR/MaxC/Vincent. Right now they only have 6 in AD/Rui/LBJ/AR/Dlo + Vando. They need a center and a guard that’s both better than the current reserves.

Verdict still out on Gabe because of injuries… Didn’t really get a chance to get comfortable with the team. I think bringing in Dinwiddie also hurt him and kind of got lost in all guard rotation.

MaxC will be interesting to see if he takes that jump next season if we bring him back.

We see things differently regarding Vincent. It’s ok if we disagree and we definitely do. The verdict can be overturned on an appeal but it is certainly in at the moment. He was just too consistently ineffective to be considered more than a bust. The pre-season - bust, the 5 games before out for most of season - bust, the few games after returning from injury - bust, the post season - bust. When I mention bust, I’m not talking about poor shooting like 25ish%, he’s like 10%, and had just about as many zero point games as games where he scored at all, including 2 and 3 point games.

Things can change but Vincent looks unbelievably bad such that any success from him as a Lakers should be a bonus surprise and not something we count on for a plan regarding a ship run. This is especially true since his sample size of good play is low without any regular seasons of effective play, which makes the Heat playoffs look more like a fluke than a positive prospect.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

Opted in, officially

Willing to give him another year, definitely needs to show out next season to stay in the league so I’m hopeful
#18 next...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

He can definitely help off the bench. Would love to see him embrace, and be used in, a Naz Reid-lite role. Big man who plays with big energy and can score. Again, Reid-LITE. A real coach will help him get there.

But realistically, he's officially trade fodder.
PNWlakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:29 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
He can definitely help off the bench. Would love to see him embrace, and be used in, a Naz Reid-lite role. Big man who plays with big energy and can score. Again, Reid-LITE. A real coach will help him get there.

yes this is the mindset for sure!

and trade fodder with a "name" and "upside"
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 10:30 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

100%
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Fine bench player at this price. Glad he opted in.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Probably our best backup big option considering his talent. Just because Ham wasted it for a season doesn't mean he should pay for it.
We'll see where this goes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Low IQ guy. Should come off bench but will his ego come to grips that he isn’t a starter on a serious team.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:00 pm    Post subject:

I am not upset that Wood is opting in. I still think there's an upside play.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Low IQ guy. Should come off bench but will his ego come to grips that he isn’t a starter on a serious team.

It will be interesting to see what he does with a more accomplished coach. It’s hard to imagine how Wood/Dinwiddie both declined so steeply. I actually want both back but as 4th big and 4th guard so that they are 9th/10th on playing time, at least until they return to form.

So far for now your 2024/25 LA Lakers:
AD
Rui/Wood
Vando/MaxL
AR
Vinc/JHSfino

Player options:
Hayes/LBJ/Cam/Dlo

FAs:
Dinwiddie/MaxC(RFA?)/TPrince
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Halflife wrote:

It will be interesting to see what he does with a more accomplished coach. It’s hard to imagine how Wood/Dinwiddie both declined so steeply. I actually want both back but as 4th big and 4th guard so that they are 9th/10th on playing time, at least until they return to form.

So far for now your 2024/25 LA Lakers:
AD
Rui/Wood
Vando/MaxL
AR
Vinc/JHSfino

Player options:
Hayes/LBJ/Cam/Dlo

FAs:
Dinwiddie/MaxC(RFA?)/TPrince

This wasn’t his first coach. Kidd couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. But maybe he changes his stripes.
lakeshowtacular
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 3:17 pm    Post subject:

At the min what can you say, there is a ton of upside for a position we are lacking in. 2019 is right though, just enough of a name to move the needle in a trade (not the big piece, the throw-in that could put up 18/7 in the right situation). Either way this is a plus moving forward.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back. I hope the next coaching staff will use him properly.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully he comes into camp in shape unlike last year when he blamed his lack of offseason conditioning on his lack of a contract.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I was thinking the same thing as J-M. Wood could be much more useful in a new system with a different coach. If he returns to form, it would be a bargain contract. And despite him not playing great in year one, he didn't seemed to get along fine with his teammates. That was one of the concerns coming in.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:11 am    Post subject:

Pretty sure he’s promised something to opt in this early, risking being traded with the picks… my guess is Pelinka told him they’ll try to move Rui and give C.Wood that role, Rui+JHS+3FRPs matches Markannen+tpMLE
Itsowheeze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject:

I like the idea. It adds depth to our big rotation. Also gives us some need size thats inexpensive.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Pretty sure he’s promised something to opt in this early, risking being traded with the picks… my guess is Pelinka told him they’ll try to move Rui and give C.Wood that role, Rui+JHS+3FRPs matches Markannen+tpMLE

I had the same thought. He opted in very early and I wonder what he knows or what he was told. The Rui theory is good..I like Rui so if he is on the move, I really hope its for the right player. Markannen would be the right player but we'll just have to hope he can stay healthy
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I think it’s simpler than that. There may not have been a contract offer out there for him.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:19 am    Post subject:

I thought he found a nice little role along side AD. That gave us a second layer of length and on the boards defensively. He also had some moments on certain individual matchups defensively where his length caused problems. He has a place on this roster.

I'd be surprised if there were promises made. The market was poor for him last season. He finished this one on the bench with injuries. I'd imagine the market would be even worse.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:26 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
I thought he found a nice little role along side AD. That gave us a second layer of length and on the boards defensively. He also had some moments on certain individual matchups defensively where his length caused problems. He has a place on this roster.

I'd be surprised if there were promises made. The market was poor for him last season. He finished this one on the bench with injuries. I'd imagine the market would be even worse.

Yup. The guy is 28 and just coming off a season of averaging 17 a game. I don't think he reached that once as a Laker which is insane.

In theory, Dinwiddie+Wood should be one of the best bench tandems in the NBA.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:

Yes, it's too early to say that there weren't any better offers. Free agency (officially) won't even begin for several more weeks. But what sort of offer was he really going to get? If another team wants him and envisions a big role for him, then I'm sure a trade can be worked out. Otherwise, it's guaranteed money, and hopefully a little bit of a "revenge tour" mentality will have him come to camp in good shape.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

I imagine playoff team like suns, sixers or clippers, maybe even Miami wanting a min salary back up big like Wood.
Happy to have him back, still curious if he’ll fight Rui for the same role
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

He’s promised $3 mil.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
governator wrote:

He’s promised $3 mil.

He earned the $3m if u wanna play word game, the contract was signed with PO not TO
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41
Jump to: