HEAT -at- LAKERS - 12/4 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject:

what a game! Thanks!
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject:

I thought Miami did a nice job after LO went out by switching the screen guy to a guard. We had started dialing in defensively when they was using a big but once they started using Chalmers we didn't seem to adjust to it well.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: HEAT -at- LAKERS - 12/4 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings

DancingBarry wrote:

Genius is nine parts imposing your will, one part luck.

Genius is hard work when no one is watching. Think Einstein just lucked his way through mathematics to stumble upon a theory of relativity? Think Bach just lucked his way through musical notes to come up with a fugue or a St. Matthew Passion?

Greatness isn't handed to these people. They impose their minds and wills on it. They work for it, and then they take it. Luck is simply a small ingredient, and great ones don't rely on it.

Kobe sank an amazing bank shot in the first half as the buzzer went off. He had three defenders around him and still made the shot while falling on his back. Luck? I don't think so. If you've watched Kobe for any part of this season, you know that this is a virtuoso at work.

Are ya'll listening to what this man is saying?

Good (bleep) DB

!...
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject:

I had to rewatch the game this morning. Too much jumping up and down and yelling last night after the game to recall anything but that last crazy shot.

Like the old saying, it's better to be lucky than good, but if you're both, you are a bad, bad man, Mr. Bryant. If any of you get to watch the NBA TV recap show with Cheryl Miller, she does this Mortal Kombat move to simulate Kobe ripping out the Heat's beating heart. Very funny and appropriate.

The Lakers lost a lot of momentum after LO got ejected. Miami was about to fade on B2B game, but that play re-energized them.

Why was Sasha on the floor for the last play? If I were a Heat, I would've left him alone to double Kobe, even if Sasha's under the basket. If the bball gods weren't with us, surely the ball would've somehow wound up in Sasha's hands.

Nice controlled game by JoFar. DFish clutch again in the final seconds.

Time to rewatch the last minute.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Quote:
Lamar took acception to him hanging there on the rim with his legs on him.

I think the word you want to use is exception.

That's a good one. I feel like this report is probably got several of these. Just very difficult to concentrate and I kept reading LG after the win. Maybe I should finally breakdown and use spellchecker.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:
Did you see the look on Kobe's face at the end of the first half when he was literally pushed to the floor on his crazy banker? The ref just looked back at him, coldly.

After I went to sleep last night there were several lasting images from this game. That was one of them.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Mr. EiGhTy-OnE wrote:

very true but the lakers always seem to screw up the 2 for 1 with the game on the line. i think they just look for the best shot and say screw it to the 2 for 1. however this time, it obviously wasnt the best shot (airball)

Usually, this is a timeout situation with a lot of other coaches where they will set something up that works fairly quick. Phil wants them to manage it themselves. That possession, I'm sure, is one of their talking points today. Seems like we usually have crunch time issues at the early parts of the season until the guys know what they want to do.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject:

fakethefunk wrote:
are you or were you a professional writer? Your stuff is to good to be a novice

Used to be. I'm planning on getting back into it.

Need to get a literary agent, but I haven't done the leg work yet.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject:

I was just noticing that after 3 quarters Kobe, Andrew, and Pau had 13, 12, and 14 shots respectively.

In the 4th, Kobe had 12 shots while Andrew and Pau had 2 each.

Playing a complete balanced team game would be a better use of the talent the Lakers have and make near losses to oppenents that are not close to them in talent uneccessary.

Of course, then Kobe wouldn't have his duel with Wade, there'd be no need for a 'heroic' lucky shot, and the game wouldn't be nearly as 'exciting'.

But it would be good basketball, which this game wasn't.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
I was just noticing that after 3 quarters Kobe, Andrew, and Pau had 13, 12, and 14 shots respectively.

Playing a complete balanced team game would be a better use of the talent the Lakers have and make near losses to oppenents that are not close to them in talent uneccessary.

Of course, then Kobe wouldn't have his duel with Wade, there'd be no need for a 'heroic' lucky shot, and the game wouldn't be nearly as 'exciting'.

You were just noticing, huh??

:rolling eyes:

Maybe you also noticed after 3 quarters that the game was TIED.

Maybe a duel between star players is what happens sometimes when the game is close. Think that's ever happened before?? Geez, I dunno. Probably have to search real hard to find games like that.

Really, you are such a joke. The only thrill I get in reading your posts is how absolutely bitter and sour you are and how much it must KILL you every time Kobe does something great for his team.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

Maybe a duel between star players is what happens sometimes when the game is close. Think that's ever happened before?? Geez, I dunno. Probably have to search real hard to find games like that.

Really, you are such a joke. The only thrill I get in reading your posts is how absolutely bitter and sour you are and how much it must KILL you every time Kobe does something great for his team.

That may be the case, but those other duels were done the right way.

Don't ask me what that means. Just accept it as the truth.

And to make matters worse, Artest didn't hurt anyone.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject:

^^^

PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

Hitting a lucky shot is hitting a lucky shot. It's not great.

Apparently it kills you and all the other Kobe fanatics when someone points out that the team is playing stupicly so he can play the hero.

And yes this happens all the time. The NBA is has become Prima Donna centric.

I've explained it as best I can. Hope you understand what good basketball is someday.

I'm with COCO!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

Apparently it kills you and all the other Kobe fanatics when someone points out that the team is playing stupicly so he can play the hero.

I've explained it as best I can. Hope you understand what good basketball is someday.

So you know....I'm laughing at you right now.

Had you popped the cork on the champagne bottle when it looked like the Lakers were gonna lose??
laker_guerilla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject:

just trying out the new av
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
PopcornMachine wrote:

So you know....I'm laughing at you right now.

Had you popped the cork on the champagne bottle when it looked like the Lakers were gonna lose??

Bet he did, he had his little talking points ready, and Kobe's 48% shooting, 33 points, 17 in the 4th, and game winner shut him up.

Some fan.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

^ as Stu says: "nooooooiiiiiccceeee"

laker_guerilla wrote:
just trying out the new av
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bet he did, he had his little talking points ready, and Kobe's 48% shooting, 33 points, 17 in the 4th, and game winner shut him up.

Some fan.

It's funny. 2 superstar champions using their immense talent and skill in a close game to try and get their teams a win = 'Prima Donna Centric,' apparently. I guess Doc and Mickey pay these guys $20 million to be wallflowers.

News to me.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll become a bitter Lakers fan and in the process understand what is 'good basketball.'

Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject:

The irony is hoopschick, your sounding pretty bitter too. And he does raise a good point. The Lakers do need to improve, they need to cultivate trust with the players who close out games.

Of course i enjoyed the win, and no, I didn't give up on them because i believed we had a chance. While coming away with an entertaining game winner is lots of fun, I would like to see a little more strategy involved in closeouts like this.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject:

* it was largely Kobe, Pau, Ariza and some Fisher in the clutch last year. Ariza is sorely missed in that dept on both ends. Artest's awful game yesterday played a big part in why the game was so close in the first place.

And, lot of shots went to Kobe in the fourth because Bynum was on the bench early, Odom was in and was pretty much a negative influence throughout right up to his T, Pau was injured and Artest wasn't doing anything. and poor spacing all around.. Lakers will figure it out though..
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
* it was largely Kobe, Pau, Ariza and some Fisher in the clutch last year. Ariza is sorely missed in that dept on both ends. Artest's awful game yesterday played a big part in why the game was so close in the first place.

And, lot of shots went to Kobe in the fourth because Bynum was on the bench early, Odom was in and was pretty much a negative influence throughout right up to his T, Pau was injured and Artest wasn't doing anything. and poor spacing all around.. Lakers will figure it out though..

I don't think you can blame it on Artest. The physical play of teams, such as the heat yesterday, throws us out of our comfort zone. It exposes our softness. That's the way Denver beat us the last time too.
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
The irony is hoopschick, your sounding pretty bitter too. And he does raise a good point. The Lakers do need to improve, they need to cultivate trust with the players who close out games.

Of course i enjoyed the win, and no, I didn't give up on them because i believed we had a chance. While coming away with an entertaining game winner is lots of fun, I would like to see a little more strategy involved in closeouts like this.

There is trust. But everyone trusts Kobe more. Just look at his teammates.
Cap4232
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Long time lurker first time poster. Saw it when Mr. Pincus had his CHAT and was reposted here.

Quote:
PopcornMachine in Old and Crusty California:
Since I am boycotting the Lakers until the filth known as Kobe and Artest are gone, how about my new team The Suns?
[/quote]

[url=http://www.hoopsworld.com/chat.asp?chat_topics_id=631&status=Inactive][/url]

Cap4232
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Mr.DancingBarry you are the best Lakers writer! I always read your game reports for every game. Thank you.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject:

Go DB!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: