Kobe shots to much.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: Kobe shots to much.

I have been a Laker fan since 1990 from the first time i started watchin basketball.
I am a huge fan of Kobes, love the guys work ethic and will to win, not allways a big fan of some of the moves he makes on the court as they sometimes conflict with everything basketball as a team sport is, but he does things no other player can do so...

How ever, i do not know what it is, does he want the scoring crown, does he want to show the rest of the league that he is not old, that he still got ''it''?
Does he not trust his teammates still after winning a championship with this group last season?
I really thought coming into this season with the addition of Artest a proven post up scorer and good spot up shoter along with Pau having his normal impact along with the progression of Andrew Bynum that Kobe would tone down his shots a bit and let his teammates get more involved in the offence, however that has not been the case, he is shoting 25 even 30 shots a game while we see Bynum having 8-10 shots, same with Pau,Artest and Odom.

This inderectly affects the team and its defence, players get frustrated watchin Kobe chuck up 22 plus shots per game while Bynum and Pau both shot close to 60% and they dotn even get 10-13 shots in some games.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:01 pm; edited 9 times in total
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject:

He took 21 shots per game in 36 min last year. He took 23 shots a game in the play-offs. His style hasn't really changed.
Marty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
I have been a Laker fan since 1990 from the first time i started watchin basketball.
I am a huge fan of Kobes, love the guys work ethic and will to win, not allways a big fan of some of the moves he makes on the court as they sometimes conflict with everything basketball as a team sport is, but he does things no other player can do so...

How ever, i do not know what it is, does he want the scoring crown, does he want to show the rest of the league that he is not old, that he still got ''it''?
Does he not trust his teammates still after winning a championship with this group last season?
I really thought coming into this season with the addition of Artest a proven post up scorer and good spot up shoter along with Pau having his normal impact along with the progression of Andrew Bynum that Kobe would tone down his shots a bit and let his teammates get more involved in the offence, however that has not been the case, he is shoting 25 even 30 shots a game while we see Bynum having 8-10 shots, same with Pau,Artest and Odom.

This inderectly affects the team and its defence, players get frustrated watchin Kobe chuck up 22 plus shots per game while Bynum and Pau both shot close to 60% and they dotn even get 10-13 shots in some games.

Wilbon, is that you?
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject:

Gotta love how the trolls come out after every loss.
mandywwm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject:

STFU
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject:

This again...

Yes, it's his fault. He actually hates to win. He shoots because he likes to lose. His team mates are just waiting to blow away teams with their offensive efficiency, but Kobe tells them, no. I want my 34 points on 14-26 shooting.

He hates to shoot over 50% too. It kills him.

edit: seriously Lakers, start a new winning streak. Tired of seeing these people. They disappear for long stretches when you win.

Use that as motivation! Save us LGer's from the "Kobe shot too much/Pau is soft/Bynum sucks/Luke sucks/I miss Ariza" crowds.

Last edited by dmlakerfan01 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

True story.
melo061
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:31 am    Post subject:

I'm loving Kobe's aggressiveness on offense. His offense this year has been the best it has in years. If his teammates played as well as he has this season, lakers would be better off.
CHRISTYLE70
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:

rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject:

yeah, Kobe should give it to Gasol and get out of the way.. this scrub still doesn't get it.
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

Marty wrote:

Wilbon, is that you?

kemi4kobes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject:

You need to post this when we win as well for me to take this BS seriously
"I wish I could draw a picture of the look on their faces..... For a time, it was like he was on the court by himself. It's like God put Kobe here for us to watch him play basketball." - LO On KB8's Performance Against the Clips 07/01/06
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject:

Kobe shots to much?

Does this mean Kobe was drinking shots in reverence to an expression of quantity?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject:

melo061 wrote:
I'm loving Kobe's aggressiveness on offense. His offense this year has been the best it has in years. If his teammates played as well as he has this season, lakers would be better off.

He's playing way too many minutes. Less minutes. Less shots.

The problem: He's being forced to play that many minutes. Our depth sucks. We couldn't give Farmar/Vujacic away. Its also because of key injuries: Walton (21-games), Gasol (11-games), Artest (2-games), Bynum (2-games).
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject:

You might want to save this for a time where Bynum, Gasol, and Odom are NOT stinking the joint up w/ passivity, stupid mistakes, inefficiency, and laziness. Odom has been dragging his ass since the 1st preseason game aamof.

Bryant's not our point guard either. Our point guard(s) -- all 3 of them -- are the ones who all too often can't get the ball to Bynum and Gasol where they need it.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:

Wow......I just logged in for few min and I see each topic dedicated to one of the players on the team. Wow....just wow.
Keep bashing every guy on this team. And the last one you wanna bash is Kobe.....and we completed that also. Go LG.......Go!
Bench Kobe

Last edited by rak617 on Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
DrewBynum#17
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject:

Are you watching Lakers games? If it was not Kobe we will be with a negative record. He´s the one who has put us on the discuss of the game, and he´s the one who are saving us a lot of times. If Pau, Bynum, Odom and the bench play like champions, he would not have to put 40pts each night in order to Lakers win. Last year he had a lot of games with 20pts or less and we won by 10 or more.
I think that he have to shot 50 pg, so Lakers can win easily. We look like Lebron Cavaliers, where only one man can play.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:28 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Kobe shots to much?

Does this mean Kobe was drinking shots in reverence to an expression of quantity?

LOL You took the words right off my keyboard...

I was going to say I knew Artest would be a bad influence on Kobe...now he's got him doing shots at halftime...
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: .

i dont post all that often here but i read this board regularly, and no im not Wilbon or anyone else, or a ''troll'' for that matter.
if you think this Lakers team or Kobe Bryant are above critisism negative OR positive you my man are the one with the problem!
I have been reading this board and have not seen any discussions relating to this topic and yet i have watched numerus Laker games this season and this has been my feeling ever since the season started, for the first games Pau was out so Kobe took on a bigger scoring load along with Bynum.
Now Pau came back and he just kept chuckin away, WATCH Laker games and see the facial expression on Bynum and sometimes more often than not recently Gasol, they grow frustrated when they are not feed the ball down on the block and the Fact is that affects theyre defencive mindset.

Look at other teams and then look at the Lakers boxscore.
Kobe 25 shots
Pau 11
Bynum 9
Lamar 10
Artest 9

Look holier than thouh fans on here that think this is not worth dicussing do not reply to this thread but those with actual sense please do and help me analize this problem, what can the Lakers do? Get Pau and Bynum more thouches early in the game?
Lamar doesnt need playes called for him but Artest could be used a little bit more on the low block i think, the Lakers should somehow distribute shots and the ball better for WHEN it is time for Kobe to go off the defence isnt as keyed in on him, also i rather want him fresh in the fourth than in the second and third....
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 am    Post subject:

lol sticky this. leave the original title 2 lmao
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject:

another Kobe need to be a role player post
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Re: .

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
i dont post all that often here but i read this board regularly, and no im not Wilbon or anyone else, or a ''troll'' for that matter.
if you think this Lakers team or Kobe Bryant are above critisism negative OR positive you my man are the one with the problem!
I have been reading this board and have not seen any discussions relating to this topic and yet i have watched numerus Laker games this season and this has been my feeling ever since the season started, for the first games Pau was out so Kobe took on a bigger scoring load along with Bynum.
Now Pau came back and he just kept chuckin away, WATCH Laker games and see the facial expression on Bynum and sometimes more often than not recently Gasol, they grow frustrated when they are not feed the ball down on the block and the Fact is that affects theyre defencive mindset.

Look at other teams and then look at the Lakers boxscore.
Kobe 25 shots
Pau 11
Bynum 9
Lamar 10
Artest 9

Look holier than thouh fans on here that think this is not worth dicussing do not reply to this thread but those with actual sense please do and help me analize this problem, what can the Lakers do? Get Pau and Bynum more thouches early in the game?
Lamar doesnt need playes called for him but Artest could be used a little bit more on the low block i think, the Lakers should somehow distribute shots and the ball better for WHEN it is time for Kobe to go off the defence isnt as keyed in on him, also i rather want him fresh in the fourth than in the second and third....

Kobe's playing extended minutes, and taking more shots as a result of close games. You wanna blame him for the Suns loss, yet Kobe made 13 of 19 from the 2nd quarter on.

Gotta find a different reason brutha. It ain't Kobe. There are 11 other active guys on the roster who can do a whole lot more.
Lakerfan1-Iceland
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: .

Kobe's playing extended minutes, and taking more shots as a result of close games. You wanna blame him for the Suns loss, yet Kobe made 13 of 19 from the 2nd quarter on.

Gotta find a different reason brutha. It ain't Kobe. There are 11 other active guys on the roster who can do a whole lot more.[/quote]

Im not blaming him for the Suns loss or the Cavs loss either, the team is playing poorly, both defence and offence and especially the bench. That is not the point only those two losses, i am meaning the way the Lakers have played this season, stop beeing so extreme i dont want Kobe to be a role player, thats a idiotic statement!
But there could and should be some modesty in his shot selection and he should be more aware of his teammates, distributing more responsibility to them, takin fewer bad,semy bad shots in the first 2-3 quarters and be ready to dominate the game IF it is close in the fourth.
Pierce is dominating with the Celtics in the fourth,Lebron,Joe Johnson,B Roy sometimes even Wade and Melo but well maybe i dont pay AS close attention to them as i do with the Lakers understandably but i see these guys takin sometimes 14-16 sometimes 18 shots but still dominate the game.
Thats what i would like to see, See Kobe take a few fewer shots, increase the shots taken by Pau and Bynum espesially, that also will open up open spot up shoters like Artest and cutting Lamar.

And pleasr stop beeing so extreme in your responses, really childish! If you do not agree give explenations as to why not just throw out Troll or bulcrap like that
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject:

Looks like Iceland's educational system is failing its youths.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11
Jump to: