Kobe shots to much.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ErMonnezza
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject:

I think it's not a problem if kobe takes 15 or 25 or 55 shots, it's about what kind of shots he takes.
I mean, if he makes the offense move and shoots 30 times it's not that bad but if he plays the kobe vs the world game ,it's a very bad thing, regardless of the result.

he'll be ok in the playoff, that's the only thing that matters!!!
Hycosa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe shots to much.

Lakerfan1-Iceland wrote:
I have been a Laker fan since 1990 from the first time i started watchin basketball.
I am a huge fan of Kobes, love the guys work ethic and will to win, not allways a big fan of some of the moves he makes on the court as they sometimes conflict with everything basketball as a team sport is, but he does things no other player can do so...

How ever, i do not know what it is, does he want the scoring crown, does he want to show the rest of the league that he is not old, that he still got ''it''?
Does he not trust his teammates still after winning a championship with this group last season?
I really thought coming into this season with the addition of Artest a proven post up scorer and good spot up shoter along with Pau having his normal impact along with the progression of Andrew Bynum that Kobe would tone down his shots a bit and let his teammates get more involved in the offence, however that has not been the case, he is shoting 25 even 30 shots a game while we see Bynum having 8-10 shots, same with Pau,Artest and Odom.

This inderectly affects the team and its defence, players get frustrated watchin Kobe chuck up 22 plus shots per game while Bynum and Pau both shot close to 60% and they dotn even get 10-13 shots in some games.

Smh...
Jacks3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject:

what's sad is that the same morons will direct the same criticisms toward kobe this year despite the fact he's lead the lakers to three straight finals and back-to-back championships.
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:03 pm    Post subject:

This has been a topic since Kobe became the starting SG a decade ago. I defer to Kobe on his "shot-to-much-edness "as always .
Laker_B89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Jacks3 wrote:
what's sad is that the same morons will direct the same criticisms toward kobe this year despite the fact he's lead the lakers to three straight finals and back-to-back championships.

No....he has not lead his team.....he is the leader, however, its Pau Gasol. His win shares is much higher than Kobe Bryants.

If it wasn't for the two towers....Kobe and the Lakers would be an average team.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

No....he has not lead his team.....he is the leader, however, its Pau Gasol. His win shares is much higher than Kobe Bryants.

If it wasn't for the two towers....Kobe and the Lakers would be an average team.

I guess Pau and the twin towers would be dominating the league without Kobe.. smh.. as if the lakers don't need an inside-outside game to be a contender.. without either, they're an average team just like any other team with one star.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

If it was at all possible to see this team play the entire season without Kobe, you would see this team fall apart. I hope that never happens but it seems that only this extreme would finally give a nice cup of STFU to everyone who downplays the importance of the Black Mamba.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:10 pm    Post subject:

wow bump of death, well at least the people who don't know where the shots to much meme comes from now know.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

If it was at all possible to see this team play the entire season without Kobe, you would see this team fall apart. I hope that never happens but it seems that only this extreme would finally give a nice cup of I think I can tell people what to say to everyone who downplays the importance of the Black Mamba.

x-factor without Kobe is Lamar.. and yes, relying on him means eventually you'll see the team play average and come down.. but, Phil would at least get them to play average ball.
Laker_B89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
LAL4K3RS wrote:
Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

If it was at all possible to see this team play the entire season without Kobe, you would see this team fall apart. I hope that never happens but it seems that only this extreme would finally give a nice cup of I think I can tell people what to say to everyone who downplays the importance of the Black Mamba.

x-factor without Kobe is Lamar.. and yes, relying on him means eventually you'll see the team play average and come down.. but, Phil would at least get them to play average ball.

I doubt that. Gasol is a perfect fit for the triangle.

Example: Bulls without Jordan.

They did a good job when Jordan decided to retire. Pippen did his part as the leader and lead his team to a 50 + win season and close to making a good successful playoff run.
The-GM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Kobe shots too much.
indigenous
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

What a bunch of baloney, he played his part as the number two guy next to Kobe for almost four years, and didn't do squat.
Tris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject:

There're tons pp strongly believed the Kobe's show in the 3rd quarter of game 5 where Kobe took over is the right thing to do despite resulting in a L. It's proven that Kobe ball is inferior. Teamwork, especially in game 7, is the reason why Lakers won.
Jacks3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject:

Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

lol! Pau isn't close to Kobe. Kobe is definitely the leader and by far the best player .
Jacks3
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject:

yeah, the lakers had so much trouble the last 3 postseasons with kobe averaging 23 FGA per game. 3 finals and 2 championships.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:51 am    Post subject:

I love the internet.

Bynum sucks, Fisher sucks, Odom sucks and Kobe shoots too much.

Pau is soft but the rings are all his!!

Man people are unreal.

THE MENTALITY: Yeah, so what if we own the rings, I gots da right to be angry and complain!!! I GOTS DA RIGHT!!!

F'ing hilarious.

I now consider all the complainers one step away from being Celtic fans, just a bunch of a-holes who hate that the Lakers own the rings.

Bynum owns the rings.
Odom owns the rings.
Fisher owns the rings.
Kobe owns the rings.
Pau owns the rings.

I am a life long fan of the Lakers and I own the rings.
You guys who don't support the team and constantly bash on the players. You're all just green with envy, like every other clown from Boston.

We don't care what you all think because, we are about winning rings. And NOT winning rings your way. We don't need to do it your way. Because we are already doing it, OUR WAY.

It's OUR WAY or the highway, so hop aboard or take the next tram to Boston.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject:

indigenous wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

What a bunch of baloney, he played his part as the number two guy next to Kobe for almost four years, and didn't do squat.

that's exactly what I'm saying.. that relying on him means you eventually fall because all he can help is with is produce average ball. but, he would pull together with a string of games where he teases us with "promise".
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject:

The-GM wrote:
Kobe shots too much.

Correction: According to the poster "Kobe shots to much."
heheh1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject:

Laker_B89 wrote:
Jacks3 wrote:

That's like saying Michael couldn't win without Pipen... That's like saying Magic Johnson couldn't win without Kareem. That's like saying you are a moron.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject:

revgen wrote:
Kobe is averaging 23 attempts per game. While our 2nd option is averaging 11 attempts per game. I know Kobe is a 1st option, but there is no reason for him to be taking 23 attempts per game when he has 2 low-post threats. This isn't 2004-2005 anymore. My guess is that he may be playing for the contract, while at the same time trying to win another championship. Bad combination.

(Pre) All-Star break: 42.0 MPG 27.8 PPG 6.2 RPG 6.6 APG (20.6 shots: 40.9 FG% 33.0 3P%) Record: 20-16
(Post) All-Star break: 39.2 MPG 27.3 PPG 5.6 RPG 5.3 APG (19.3 shots: 46.3 FG% 34.8 3P%) Record: 8-22

Perhaps he should have shot more in 2004-05.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject:

What the hell?

!...
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject:

Why was this bumped ? LG bumps to much.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject:

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LO@the2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Put the ball in the hands of your best player?

Seems to make sense... I mean we did just win back-to-back, right?
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject:

Hycosa bmps to much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11
Jump to: