Who's the better player, Kobe or LeBron James?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's better Kobe or Bron
Kobe
86%
 86%  [ 186 ]
King James
13%
 13%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 216

CarlJohnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject:

cr8zy0 wrote:
IMO now that Lebron has a strong backing on his team, a solid coaching position that won't change mid season, and 2 years of experience it will become evident that he is the most talented player to ever play the game. he will start winning. nobody comes into the league and immediately starts winning. if he starts working on his defense and his 3pt shot he will become unstoppable. for god sakes in his 2nd year he averaged 27 7 7. so whoever said that kobe was better in his 2nd year then lebron in his 2nd year must be smoking something. and dont say oh stats arnt everything. cuz anybody who can post 27 7 7 is very special. i believe only 3 or 4 other people have done that. and he shot a higher percentage then kobe ever has i believe. on defense though he needs to work on staying in front of his man instead of cheating passing lanes. IMO though kobe had the same problem before. it takes maturity to get better at some of these things. 5 years down the line ppl will realize how good Lebron is.
I agree.No way Kob ewas better at 20 than Bron.Thats just silly.
jbone2308
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject:

During this season, Kobe will show these post won't have any merit. He's gonna dominate and no one can debate he's the best.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
PassiontoWin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Gotta love these posters like CarlJohnson frontin like they are Laker fans putting down Kobe every chance they get, while using the "I'm just being real and not a blind homer" excuse. :roll:
KingKobeDubbz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject:

I mean first and foremost I gotta say I love you in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas . I passed the game like three times and I got every single vehicle and ariplane,tank and hummers you could possible get. Second come on homie being biased or not you can't ask peoples especially Laker head peoples who is better between Kobe and Lebron. You alreay now the outcome. Now on real talk not being biased it's evident that Lebron got more athletic abilties and years left in him . Kobe is still hands down better. Just like how Kobe tried to take it to Jordan in 98'. Kobe was way more athletic than him but Jordan was just plain out better than him. End result Mj got his last title that year and that was that.
drzucchini
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject:

cr8zy0 wrote:
nobody comes into the league and immediately starts winning.

Magic Johnson, Larry Legend.
Crazy LA Fan14
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject:

They are fairly equal but Kobe may have an edge on him now because of his shooting. But in a few years, no doub itll be lebron.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is better at playing basketball. King James is better at writing Bibles.
dmills
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:13 am    Post subject:

EJtheDJ wrote:
Nobody has been as good as he is this soon. He has exceeded the hype and is the NBA's golden child. Kobe is more polished now, but by the end of Kobe's career LeBron will run the League. But nobody is taking anything away from Kobe.

There was this one guy... Uh what's his name? Played for the Lakers, won a finals MVP at age 20...became one of if not THE greatest player of all time. His name escapes me right now be I belive he wore number 32??? Anybody know who I'm talking about? Aw shucks I can't remember his name but he was pretty good at 20 too.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:

Lebron has the potential to be better. He's a more talented player and far more mature and smarter than Kobe was at the same age. If I went by last year Lebron was probably the better player. But overall, career wise Kobe definitely has the edge for now.

There's never any guarantees though. For now Lebron's building his legacy and Kobe's got a second chance to set things right. Lebron does have the benefit of a better team and weaker conf though.
OshadowO
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject:

Lebron has the potential to be better. He's a more talented player and far more mature and smarter than Kobe was at the same age. If I went by last year Lebron was probably the better player. But overall, career wise Kobe definitely has the edge for now.

There's never any guarantees though. For now Lebron's building his legacy and Kobe's got a second chance to set things right. Lebron does have the benefit of a better team and weaker conf though.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject:

funny pointless thread...King James??? only those who jock this guy calls him "King" James....

Lebron should first prove he can play D.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject:

CarlJohnson wrote:
cr8zy0 wrote:
IMO now that Lebron has a strong backing on his team, a solid coaching position that won't change mid season, and 2 years of experience it will become evident that he is the most talented player to ever play the game. he will start winning. nobody comes into the league and immediately starts winning. if he starts working on his defense and his 3pt shot he will become unstoppable. for god sakes in his 2nd year he averaged 27 7 7. so whoever said that kobe was better in his 2nd year then lebron in his 2nd year must be smoking something. and dont say oh stats arnt everything. cuz anybody who can post 27 7 7 is very special. i believe only 3 or 4 other people have done that. and he shot a higher percentage then kobe ever has i believe. on defense though he needs to work on staying in front of his man instead of cheating passing lanes. IMO though kobe had the same problem before. it takes maturity to get better at some of these things. 5 years down the line ppl will realize how good Lebron is.
I agree.No way Kob ewas better at 20 than Bron.Thats just silly.

at 20, what was Kobe's role for the Lakers compared to LBJ's role with the Cavs?...:roll:
kobeowns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
kobeowns wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Legends are made in the playoffs.

Kevin Garnett will be remember as one of the most verstatile and dominant Forwards , the game as every seen.

Tim Duncan on the other hand will be rememberedas more than likely the greatest forward we have even seen.

Numbers the same off course, but why is time duncan what he is, because he knows how to win.

Garnett say what u will help or no help, he jus isnt a winner like tim duncan.

This is the exact response to a Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning thread

But its true , ill give him that his D was never good but in the playoffs against the pats, it wasnt his Defense that let the team down the last 2 years it was payton manning
I believe in a relatively close game he THREW 4 INT's
Last year HIS Defense surrendered only 17 points.
The #1 ranked offense ,probably 3 best ever behing the 99-00 rams, scored count is 3 points.

Im just saying this if your comment meant was in a negative way, because it was manning who let the colts down those 2 years.(playoff games)

just like arod, a choker
SiRQB11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:03 am    Post subject:

Kobe at 20 would not have had the apg and fg% or rpg that LBJ had with the same team and same offense. That should tell you who was better at 20. Kobe may have scored more and maybe have pulled out a few more wins due to his clutch, thats it.

LBJ is not great defensively, but he isnt terrible at it. so bringing up Kobes D in comparison to apg,rpg and FG% is not enough.

but, thats not to say LBJ is guaranteed to become a better player overall. he may peak at a certain level of greatness, while Kobe becomes MJ like. (this year hopefully).
Lutter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject:

It's still Kobe. A better and more versatile scorer, and a better defensive player. LeBron's got the passing and is proabably a better leader. IMO he really needs to imrpove his 1-on-1 ability to get on the Kobe level.
Lutter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:31 am    Post subject: Kobe.

It's still Kobe. A better and more versatile scorer, and a better defensive player. LeBron's got the passing and is proabably a better leader. IMO he really needs to imrpove his 1-on-1 ability to get on the Kobe level.
Lutter
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject:

Lutter
Rookie
Rookie

Lutter
Rookie
Rookie

magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Smel Counts wrote:
LJ hasn't even made it to the playoffs in the weakazz EASTERN CONFERENCE. Kobe has taken over and won more Finals games and Conference Finals games than you are capable of counting.
Hey Carl, I see you finally stopped trolling w/ Jordan bait and have now switched over to LeBron worms. I mean I knew you were a Kobehatin troll but this is quite a reach don't you think.
Are you really MJ just trying to see if people remember who you are?
Dude it's a LAKER board. Are you stupid or a jerk?

Exactly!! This dude's a straight up TROLL. But, I'll bite.

Kobe's the more dominant offensive player, hence being double-teamed OFF the basketball, something LeBron rarely faces WITH the ball. Kobe also is a better defender.

Think of what Shaq is on the INSIDE. Anytime he faces single-coverage, two points, most likely AND-1.

Now imagine a player that is Shaq's equivalent on the OUTSIDE. That's what Kobe is. He's the equivalent to Shaq on the outside. Only way to stop him is double, and even then he usually finds a way through it.

The truely SCARY thought? Wait til Kobe has a complete team and players capable of actually hitting shots.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobeowns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:52 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
kobeowns wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Legends are made in the playoffs.

Kevin Garnett will be remember as one of the most verstatile and dominant Forwards , the game as every seen.

Tim Duncan on the other hand will be rememberedas more than likely the greatest forward we have even seen.

Numbers the same off course, but why is time duncan what he is, because he knows how to win.

Garnett say what u will help or no help, he jus isnt a winner like tim duncan.

This is the exact response to a Tom Brady vs. Peyton Manning thread

But its true , ill give him that his D was never good but in the playoffs against the pats, it wasnt his Defense that let the team down the last 2 years it was payton manning
I believe in a relatively close game he THREW 4 INT's
Last year HIS Defense surrendered only 17 points.
The #1 ranked offense ,probably 3 best ever behing the 99-00 rams, scored count is 3 points.

Im just saying this if your comment meant was in a negative way, because it was manning who let the colts down those 2 years.(playoff games)

Peyton is a choker just like Arod
kobeowns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Hoop_Knowledge wrote:
Quote:
Right now it's Kobe, if LeBron puts in the work in the next couple off-seasons, he will surpass Kobe as a player easily

I agree up until the bolded part. LJ will never surpass Kobe unless you see LJ winning 2-3 championships in the next 4-5 years.

com on !

You can't conmpare them based on that (Shaq 3 time finals mvp)
CheetahMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
The truely SCARY thought? Wait til Kobe has a complete team and players capable of actually hitting shots.

LeBron has it now, after the last season and the succesful mission of the franchise's leading executive to torpede Cavs' playoff chances. It will be a double-double (ppg, apg) average for him this year and in the future he will be the second ever player to have a triple-double average for a season.

But as for what comes to individual stuff and all that, Kobe is still better than LeBron. This is Kobe's era, while the next belongs to Bron. When it comes, I don't know for sure, but I project it to be within 4 or 5 years.

Oh, and both are playoff teams this season with these two taking the largest tally of MVP votes.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Agreed Cheetah.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
kobeowns
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is better right now, but not by much

Bron is entering his 3rd year while Kobe is a young veteran

Bron's gonna be better but right now, Kobe's da man !
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: