Arenas' gun possession linked to confrontation with Crittenton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:16 am    Post subject:

Senor Mortgage wrote:
Actually, as bizarre as it sounds, this is great news for the Wizards. Much like VladRad's snowboarding injury, the Wizards may have just had their Christmas wish granted and been given a magical opt out of that horrible contract.

Yes I think the Wizards may be able to relieve their selves of Gilbert if this is all as bad as it sounds. I think it is fairly unlikely they will be able to void the thing even if this is all true. But any chance is something.

Living here outside of DC, I can say this: Gilbert WAS the city about 3 years ago and now he is universally despised.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject:

They're making a big deal of this. Jayson Williams once shot a handgun in the parking lot of the Meadowlands Arena and he turned out just fine.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject:

Senor Mortgage wrote:
Actually, as bizarre as it sounds, this is great news for the Wizards. Much like VladRad's snowboarding injury, the Wizards may have just had their Christmas wish granted and been given a magical opt out of that horrible contract.

It will be interesting to see if they try. The Warriors failed to get Sprewell's contract voided after his choking incident, but if true, this sounds a lot worse. Plus, Gilbert Arenas is a lot more important to the Wizards and the NBA than Spree was.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Senor Mortgage wrote:

It will be interesting to see if they try. The Warriors failed to get Sprewell's contract voided after his choking incident, but if true, this sounds a lot worse. Plus, Gilbert Arenas is a lot more important to the Wizards and the NBA than Spree was.

The NRA lobbyists will be livid if these clients get pushinshed in the freedom of the guns Ammendment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject:

carlosLisboa wrote:

The NRA lobbyists will be livid if these clients get pushinshed in the freedom of the guns Ammendment.

Yeah, because the NRA condones hot heads pulling guns on each other over gambling debts. I mean that was the entire point of the 2nd Amendment.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder what would happen if they were both students in college or at a high school...I'm quite sure they would no longer be students there, or what about if this happened on your job...I'm quite sure they would both be fired and probably tossed in jail for some amount of time. However, this is the NBA, "Where different rules happen."
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
They're making a big deal of this. Jayson Williams once shot a handgun in the parking lot of the Meadowlands Arena and he turned out just fine.

It turned a bit nasty when he wacked the limo driver at the party.... No jail it seems anyway...

Didn't Ricky Pierce say once Payton pointed a gun on him in the Sonics lockers?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject:

Maybe they need to change the team name back to Washington Bullets!
NickF
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:51 am    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/nba_gunpoint_R52AnT76DRgTSuVKDQ8XBO

j-crit was in debt to gil lmao

no it's gilbert who was in debt
David Rivers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject:

Didn't alot of people on this site wanna trade Kobe for Gilbert? Cuz he was cool and had a blog? Remember he was so cool and took a discount to win?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
I'm quite sure they would no longer be students there, or what about if this happened on your job...

Are you kidding me? We pull guns on each other all the time at work. Everyone knows if they take the last cup of coffee and don't make a fresh pot or don't refill the paper tray in the copy machine, they're going to get smoked.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject:

Arenas got the Killer instinct
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
Arenas got the Killer instinct

If Gil's killer instinct is a handgun, Kobe's is a nuclear submarine.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject:

http://hoopshype.com/twitter.html

from gils twitter "i woke up this morning and im the new john wayne" lol
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Two NBA players pull guns on each other...R U FREAKIING KIDDING ME!!! ARGG!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/report-arenas-teammate-had-gun-standoff?GT1=39002

Did Gilbert Arenas pull a gun on a teammate in the Wizards' locker room?

Arenas and Javaris Crittenton drew guns on each other during a Christmas Eve gambling dispute, according to a report in the New York Post.

According to the report, Crittenton became angry when Arenas refused to make good on a gambling debt and shouted "I'm not your punk!"

That's when Arenas reportedly pulled a gun from his locker, prompting Crittenton to do the same.

A friend of Crittenton, Kendrick "Bookie Ball" Long, told the Post the third-year player discussed the altercation with him.

"He (Arenas) was (expletive) with him; he (Crittenton) was just defending himself!" said Long, who would only say the the dispute was over money.

Arenas has said he brought unloaded guns from home and stored them in his locker to keep them away from his children.

D.C. police said Tuesday it is investigating a report that weapons were found inside a locker room at the Verizon Center, where the Washington Wizards play.

Last week, the Wizards said that guard Gilbert Arenas stored unloaded firearms in a container in his locker at the arena and that the NBA was looking into the situation. But Metropolitan Police Department spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump did not mention Arenas or the team in a one-sentence statement on the investigation.

Arenas acknowledged he was being investigated after the Wizards' 110-98 loss to Oklahoma City on Tuesday night but he did not specify if it was by the NBA or police.

"They've been (investigating) for the last two weeks," Arenas said. "You guys just found out about it."

Arenas said he was cooperating with the investigation and that he hadn't brandished the weapons in the team's dressing room.

"They just want to know where I got them from," Arenas said. "They want to make sure they're not dirty guns."

Crump did not immediately answer a follow-up e-mail asking if Arenas was under investigation.

The statement said: "Members of the Metropolitan Police Department are currently assisting the United States Attorney's Office for the District of Columbia with an investigation into an allegation that weapons were located inside a locker room at the Verizon Center."
The Predator
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject:

Wrong forum.

John Wooden
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject:

cmorton59 wrote:
http://hoopshype.com/twitter.html

from gils twitter "i woke up this morning and im the new john wayne" lol

Quote:
i guess nobody thought that last text was funny.well i hav 2 change subjects.umM what about that TIGER WOODS.i heard he dated 2 MIDGETS

Um, yeah, way to take your career seriously, dude.
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

The Predator wrote:
Wrong forum.

Not really because its a former Laker player...and this =story is unreal
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

chazz wrote:
The Predator wrote:
Wrong forum.

Not really because its a former Laker player...and this =story is unreal

Even then, he's not with the Lakers now. Hence all the Shaq crap is not here.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject:

It comes down to now whether anyone will cop to Arenas and Critt actually doing that.

If noone speaks as a witness to Stern, it is just talk. You have to prove that actually happened.

And if they can, then boy are Arenas and Critt in major trouble. You can't ban Ron Artest for a season for something that could be percieved a lot less dangerous ... and then let these two guys take out murder weapons without any consequences.

But Stern hasn't always been fair.
chazz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:16 pm    Post subject:

A friend of Crittenton, Kendrick "Bookie Ball" Long, told the Post the third-year player discussed the altercation with him.

When someone named BOOKIE defends you,....big trouble
Talby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
It comes down to now whether anyone will cop to Arenas and Critt actually doing that.

If noone speaks as a witness to Stern, it is just talk. You have to prove that actually happened.

And if they can, then boy are Arenas and Critt in major trouble. You can't ban Ron Artest for a season for something that could be percieved a lot less dangerous ... and then let these two guys take out murder weapons without any consequences.

But Stern hasn't always been fair.

it said crits child hood friend saw it happen and said,"gil was just messing w/him"
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I wish Arenas was on the Lakers....seriously...
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject:

This is why serious basketball enthusiasts are dissing the NBA, which has gained a reputation for over paid, gun toting thuggery.

And yes, this is the wrong forum.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject:

There are two threads about it in General NBA forum.

This story is unreal though. I guess the chemistry on the team isn't so good huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: