I'm retiring from posting here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: I'm retiring from posting here

I love this place, and I'll continue to lurk once in a while, but I cannot continue posting here anymore with all of the immaturity that is evident in the forums these days, certain members that think it's their duty to completely highjack and ruin people's threads because they think it gives them some sort of internet superiority. Whatever the case, everytime someone posts a thread, it does NOT give people the right to post things in the thread that have no bearing to the discussion at hand. It really ruins the integrity of the forums and the integrity of folks such as myself who aren't going to go back and forth with people who find it necessary to throw insults at people for sharing their opinion on a basketball forum.

Therefore, I've decided to just leave this place all together. I'm getting married soon and will have other responsibilities in my life aside from being an active members. I truly do appreciate this place and all the great members that post here, from City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad, and I'm not one to sit here and judge whose good and who isn't, everyone who posts here is generally a diehard Laker fan and you can never take that away from them.

No less, I expect people to come in and post derogatory and rude remarks to this thread, which is fine, I'm not going to bother with that anymore, but I just wanted to make it clear that I will not be a part of a community that allows people to run rampet and insult the intelligence of other posters. However I do not blame the mods or the owners, it is nearly impossible to filter out everyone in a community where 1000's of posters are active daily. The mods and staff here do a fantastic job and it's evident in their daily work.

Thanks to everyone who I've built a friendship with here and good luck to the Lakers in 2010.

Last edited by GTL on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Extravagant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject:

Agreed, {edit by alpha}.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject:

Congratulations on the wedding.
Extravagant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject:

{deleted by alpha}
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

GTL wrote:
I love this place, and I'll continue to lurk once in a while, but I cannot continue posting here anymore with all of the immaturity that is evident in the forums these days, certain members that think it's their duty to completely highjack and ruin people's threads because they think it gives them some sort of internet superiority. Whatever the case, everytime someone posts a thread, it does NOT give people the right to post things in the thread that have no bearing to the discussion at hand. It really ruins the integrity of the forums and the integrity of folks such as myself who aren't going to go back and forth with people who find it necessary to throw insults at people for sharing their opinion on a basketball forum.

Therefore, I've decided to just leave this place all together. I'm getting married soon and will have other responsibilities in my life aside from being an active members. I truly do appreciate this place and all the great members that post here, from City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad, and I'm not one to sit here and judge whose good and who isn't, everyone who posts here is generally a diehard Laker fan and you can never take that away from them.

No less, I expect people to come in and post derogatory and rude remarks to this thread, which is fine, I'm not going to bother with that anymore, but I just wanted to make it clear that I will not be a part of a community that allows people to run rampet and insult the intelligence of other posters. However I do not blame the mods or the owners, it is nearly impossible to filter out everyone in a community where 1000's of posters are active daily. The mods and staff here do a fantastic job and it's evident in their daily work.

Thanks to everyone who I've built a friendship with here and good luck to the Lakers in 2010.

Try to ignore posts that bother you, if you can. Hey, I enjoy reading your posts, so I think you should stay.

Last edited by ForumBlueFrank on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject:

If you really leave, then I'm going to turn this into a funny what does "GTL" stand for.

---George Carlin
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

GTL wrote:

dont let a few bad apples ruin the bunch. some of us have been posting here for 9+ years and have built a steady reputation on what to expect out of everyone. Just do what everyone else does. Ignore the stupidity.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject:

Isn't there an ignore button on this site?

Why leave after 6000 + posts?

Well, unless you agree that Derek Fisher can still play basetball, Sasha Vujacic is an NBA player, and trading Andrew Bynum for Bosh is a bad idea.....if you believe all that, than be my guest and leave.
Kobe024
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:20 am    Post subject:

He's getting married. Truth is there will be lots of things he can no longer do.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject:

Off Topic
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject:

HAPPY MARRIED, GTL!

It is normal to have a lot of weird opinion on the Internet. It is fun btw, tho some is really annoying. But don't let it in to you much.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

GTL wrote:
City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad,

it looks like im not in the "cool" group
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject:

Well, I don't know about the rest, but I refuse to accept your resignation, so suck it up, add some tough, and fight like a man! Snap out of it soldier! We've got more than half a season to go!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject:

Mark_in_Tulsa wrote:
If you really leave, then I'm going to turn this into a funny what does "GTL" stand for.

Game Time Laker

read his sig
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:23 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

Lakers999 wrote:
GTL wrote:
City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad,

I slipped him $5.
Bas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject:

Sorry to hear this GTL. I do enjoy reading your posts. Thats just too bad.

On the brighter side of things, good luck with your wedding and I hope everything goes well for you
"Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons." - Kobe Bryant
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

Lakers999 wrote:
GTL wrote:

It's no secret... That you are surprised is amazing!
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject:

There are some douchers on this board but just ignore them dude.

I get frustrated sometimes trying to have discussions but hey its the internet!

- Andy Warhol
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 am    Post subject:

Bas wrote:
Sorry to hear this GTL. I do enjoy reading your posts. Thats just too bad.

On the brighter side of things, good luck with your wedding and I hope everything goes well for you

Yeah, seriously congratulations with that.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject:

Ko8e8ryant wrote:
There are some douchers on this board but just ignore them dude.

I get frustrated sometimes trying to have discussions but hey its the internet!

He may have been talking about you...
shortodom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject:

Yeah i know how you feel man, i was thinking about doing the same thing... i hate when people here start threads pinning our players against each other so it makes you choose a side of a player, why the hell do people do that ish? the latest one: Bynum vs Kobe. What happened to the Lakers against the rest of the league? Stop pinning our players against each other and trying to make us hate one of them
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

ocho wrote:
Lakers999 wrote:
GTL wrote:

I slipped him $5.

OOOOOOhhh ok, see that's where I screwed up. I wrote him a check... I really did think I had enough funds to cover though. GTL, THE_SHOES is both embarrassed and sorry!
Arizona
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject:

That's too bad. I'm sorry you feel that way. I too have been posting WAY less lately for the same reasons you list. Just not worth it to get upset about stuff. I mostly come here for news on the Lakers (injury reports, public appearances, tv appearances, and trade rumors) and to read DB's thoughts and ratings and 'just the quotes', etc. I comment once in a while but not as regularly as I used to.

Congrats on your wedding and all the best to you as you begin your lives together.

“You’ve got to play with pride and guts.” -LO

Last edited by Arizona on Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject:

Can I have your posts?

Early congrats on the wedding.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject:

shortodom wrote:
Yeah i know how you feel man, i was thinking about doing the same thing... i hate when people here start threads pinning our players against each other so it makes you choose a side of a player, why the hell do people do that ish? the latest one: Bynum vs Kobe. What happened to the Lakers against the rest of the league? Stop pinning our players against each other and trying to make us hate one of them

Now that's not necessarily true. The only reason people start appreciating Luke Walton was because he was injured... Ask Jordan if he thinks he is more popular with the fans than Shannon Brown...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: