I'm retiring from posting here
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swcom120
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject:

Rodman28 wrote:
Isn't there an ignore button on this site?

Why leave after 6000 + posts?

Well, unless you agree that Derek Fisher can still play basetball, Sasha Vujacic is an NBA player, and trading Andrew Bynum for Bosh is a bad idea.....if you believe all that, than be my guest and leave.

Yeah i have been asking for an ignore button for years.

It is unfortunate that you cant come on this site without having a "_____ sucks" in every thread. I used to like it much more around here when there was more talk about the actual game than there is now. Either way.....good luck with the marriage.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject:

Thick skin brotha.. thick skin.

Hey, it pisses me off to see the "shots to much" threads, but hey..I jsut ignore them.

Plus,

youre getting married dude. What do you think youll need to learn after the honey moon period is over??? IGNORE!!!!!

ignore like youve never ignored before.

Goog luck on the marriage
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Can I have your posts?

Now that's cold...
Kobetide
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

GTL wrote:
I love this place, and I'll continue to lurk once in a while, but I cannot continue posting here anymore with all of the immaturity that is evident in the forums these days, certain members that think it's their duty to completely highjack and ruin people's threads because they think it gives them some sort of internet superiority. Whatever the case, everytime someone posts a thread, it does NOT give people the right to post things in the thread that have no bearing to the discussion at hand. It really ruins the integrity of the forums and the integrity of folks such as myself who aren't going to go back and forth with people who find it necessary to throw insults at people for sharing their opinion on a basketball forum.

Therefore, I've decided to just leave this place all together. I'm getting married soon and will have other responsibilities in my life aside from being an active members. I truly do appreciate this place and all the great members that post here, from City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad, and I'm not one to sit here and judge whose good and who isn't, everyone who posts here is generally a diehard Laker fan and you can never take that away from them.

No less, I expect people to come in and post derogatory and rude remarks to this thread, which is fine, I'm not going to bother with that anymore, but I just wanted to make it clear that I will not be a part of a community that allows people to run rampet and insult the intelligence of other posters. However I do not blame the mods or the owners, it is nearly impossible to filter out everyone in a community where 1000's of posters are active daily. The mods and staff here do a fantastic job and it's evident in their daily work.

Thanks to everyone who I've built a friendship with here and good luck to the Lakers in 2010.

See you back in a bit. They always come back. You may think you can resist those urges but some of those conversations in which you feel strongly upon which no one has brought up yet, you'll be the one initiating. Good luck with everything.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:36 am    Post subject:

you know if getting married is the reason why you have to quit LG....than im going be the guy who stands and speaks after the priest says

"Does anyone oppose this Marriage"
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: I'm retiring from posting here

Kobetide wrote:
GTL wrote:
I love this place, and I'll continue to lurk once in a while, but I cannot continue posting here anymore with all of the immaturity that is evident in the forums these days, certain members that think it's their duty to completely highjack and ruin people's threads because they think it gives them some sort of internet superiority. Whatever the case, everytime someone posts a thread, it does NOT give people the right to post things in the thread that have no bearing to the discussion at hand. It really ruins the integrity of the forums and the integrity of folks such as myself who aren't going to go back and forth with people who find it necessary to throw insults at people for sharing their opinion on a basketball forum.

Therefore, I've decided to just leave this place all together. I'm getting married soon and will have other responsibilities in my life aside from being an active members. I truly do appreciate this place and all the great members that post here, from City, Wolf, Ocho, all the mods, LS, VLF, DaMule, Jeffs, etc. etc. There is obviously more great members then bad, and I'm not one to sit here and judge whose good and who isn't, everyone who posts here is generally a diehard Laker fan and you can never take that away from them.

No less, I expect people to come in and post derogatory and rude remarks to this thread, which is fine, I'm not going to bother with that anymore, but I just wanted to make it clear that I will not be a part of a community that allows people to run rampet and insult the intelligence of other posters. However I do not blame the mods or the owners, it is nearly impossible to filter out everyone in a community where 1000's of posters are active daily. The mods and staff here do a fantastic job and it's evident in their daily work.

Thanks to everyone who I've built a friendship with here and good luck to the Lakers in 2010.

See you back in a bit. They always come back. You may think you can resist those urges but some of those conversations in which you feel strongly upon which no one has brought up yet, you'll be the one initiating. Good luck with everything.

not true i havent seen JD in almost a Year
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 am    Post subject:

Fan Forums will attract fans of all ages.

No need to take it personal.

Just drop your insight and have a good time.

aka ILLWiLL20

R.I.P PHIL
fakethefunk
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject:

I leaned that lesson early. This is a great site, but I find it easier to read and not post as much. Thats why I have been a member for five years with a low post count

KOBE BRYANT
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject:

i havent seen magic bryant either
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject:

i heard Kobe 2.0 just made some poor woman very unhappy so hes gone too....
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:

JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20Dub wrote:
Fan Forums will attract fans of all ages.

No need to take it personal.

Just drop your insight and have a good time.

this.

if you know the folks that bug you...don't read their shot, just ignore them.

this place is for fans...this team has too much potential to win the whole 'ship. nice to share the journey.

there's way more good than bad here. it's only human nature to focus on the bad.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject:

Sportsmuze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject:

Not to be insensitive but....

its a forum, its really not a big deal.

Everyone gets angry at the postings sometimes, but its not like there is a dedication to a forum, like your part of a team lol. U just simply go to the website or you don't...

I think your taking this way too seriously.
ODotSoHot
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject:

If this is what your other threads are like, no wonder they get highjacked. Was this condemnation of the board and its posters really necessary? People are always going to say things that you don't like or agree with....so what? Did you really have to come in here and announce that you're leaving? If you're gonna go, just go. It's the internet, dude. Nobody cares.

You said this board has too much immaturity...well, what you're doing is reminiscent of a child saying, "I'm not your friend anymore" then running off to his room and slamming the door. It's a classic cry for attention. Maybe this break from LG is needed so you can do some soul-searching and grow up yourself.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject:

fakethefunk wrote:
I leaned that lesson early. This is a great site, but I find it easier to read and not post as much. Thats why I have been a member for five years with a low post count

I'll bet you're enjoying great blood pressure, and paying low health insurance premiums as well... Bully!
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject:

ODotSoHot wrote:
If this is what your other threads are like, no wonder they get highjacked. Was this condemnation of the board and its posters really necessary? People are always going to say things that you don't like or agree with....so what? Did you really have to come in here and announce that you're leaving? If you're gonna go, just go. It's the internet, dude. Nobody cares.

You said this board has too much immaturity...well, what you're doing is reminiscent of a child saying, "I'm not your friend anymore" then running off to his room and slamming the door. It's a classic cry for attention. Maybe this break from LG is needed so you can do some soul-searching and grow up yourself.

I kinda have to agree with Odot. To announce you're breakin' wide is kinda like sayin' "Hey, look at me! I'm the bomb, and the bomb is leaving you guys". If you're starting this thread in the hopes of maybe some form of meeting of the minds to ease the hateration, then cool. But if it's just to kinda take parting shots at people on your way out, then it's certainly not conducive to the change you want to see.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject:

ODotSoHot wrote:

This.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:50 am    Post subject:

ODotSoHot wrote:

Now, now, I thought it was polite of him to at least tell us he was leaving... A lot of folks are so rude as to leave here with a mad on, and not even say goodbye! That is just plain unethical!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:

LuxuryBrown wrote:
ODotSoHot wrote:

I kinda have to agree with Odot. To announce you're breakin' wide is kinda like sayin' "Hey, look at me! I'm the bomb, and the bomb is leaving you guys". If you're starting this thread in the hopes of maybe some form of meeting of the minds to ease the hateration, then cool. But if it's just to kinda take parting shots at people on your way out, then it's certainly not conducive to the change you want to see.

MMMmmmmm LB makes a damned good point there GTL...
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:

Come on man......it is after all a message board with different opinions from different people. This is no an ideal world. Just enjoy whatever you can.
There is no need to react for every posts. I just ignore many posts.....including mine sometimes
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:54 am    Post subject:

I like the train wreck some of the posts turn into, so my announcement is: I'm not retiring from posting here.

And: Mary Ann was hotter than Ginger.

THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I just ignore many posts.....including mine sometimes

Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject:

There's a few cats I'd like to b-slap here also because since they don't agree with your analysis on certain players - you "don't know basketball". Posting opinions is what a forum like this is about so really I try to take the good with the bad.

The problem is the false gospel that comes. If you criticize a players' continuous lack of effort you become a hater. If you point out a players' consistent bad habits you become a hater. So on and so on.

A lot of people here have tunnel vision. Sometimes I do also and this always reflects in our posts. Another thing is we usually are posting here during or right after the game that we watched live and our emotions have skewered our perceptions.

I know I've been forced to dvr most of the games for the last year and I watch basketball a lot differently know. I watch the wins and the losses, but I see much more of the game off the ball (on both ends) because I can simply rewind and rewatch the "play". It lets me dissect the players, officiating and coaching better. That's why coaches watch the film before they make adjustments. You see what is actually occurring and not what you think occurred.

My point being, a lot of people need to get off the antagonistic posts, the verbally abusing post and get down to really discussing how the game is played in the context of the system each team runs. We all know LeBron getting 35 points, 8 dimes and 6 rebounds is way different how Kobe gets those same stats so stats don't show the whole picture. Also, it's not always just the results (a made shot, a steal, a big rebound or block, etc...) but how the game is played.

Yeah - I'm all over the place but I had to get it out dammit!

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject:

Lakers999 wrote:
you know if getting married is the reason why you have to quit LG....than im going be the guy who stands and speaks after the priest says

"Does anyone oppose this Marriage"

And you're going to get up and say "GENITAL WARTS!"

---George Carlin
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: