***LAKERS -at- Wizards 01/26 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Another win. Lakers were about a couple shots (missed) away from about 3-1 or even a 4-0 trip.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Shannon has huge hands

!...
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I hate these early starts... only caught the last :29 secs... but LOVE the result.
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
After watching this game I'm convinced...ship Bynums butt out. Kid doesn't get it, if we can get Bosh, DO IT. I decided to watch him throughout the game. He doesn't even TRY to rebound 90% of the time, watch him on other teams free throws, his first move after the 2nd throw is straight down the court.

That kind of effort is exactly why this cat doesn't get 15 boards a game like he should. He also plays small quite often, not taking up as much room as possible on the block, watch how often he'll get a pass at his hands but it'll get deflected because he just doesn't utilize his body properly.

Finally, the kid has bum knees...multiple serious knee problems and he's only 22? No thanks. Maybe he can be a franchise center, but it's not going to be anytime soon and if I'm the Lakers I don't want to take any more chances he'll finally get IT and won't blow out his knee again.

He looked a little slow tonight, but please, you don't trade a guy that is really the only one who's playing any kind of D on this team. If anyone needs to go, it's Gasol. His D is just incredibly soft. His offense can easily be matched by Bynum, if he has Bosh to improve the spacing.
k4lakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:22 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
After watching this game I'm convinced...ship Bynums butt out. Kid doesn't get it, if we can get Bosh, DO IT. I decided to watch him throughout the game. He doesn't even TRY to rebound 90% of the time, watch him on other teams free throws, his first move after the 2nd throw is straight down the court.

That kind of effort is exactly why this cat doesn't get 15 boards a game like he should. He also plays small quite often, not taking up as much room as possible on the block, watch how often he'll get a pass at his hands but it'll get deflected because he just doesn't utilize his body properly.

Finally, the kid has bum knees...multiple serious knee problems and he's only 22? No thanks. Maybe he can be a franchise center, but it's not going to be anytime soon and if I'm the Lakers I don't want to take any more chances he'll finally get IT and won't blow out his knee again.

He looked a little slow tonight, but please, you don't trade a guy that is really the only one who's playing any kind of D on this team. If anyone needs to go, it's Gasol. His D is just incredibly soft. His offense can easily be matched by Bynum, if he has Bosh to improve the spacing.

kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:

good job bench
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:

I disagree. I watched the game too. There was only 1 rebound that slipped out of his hands. Every other one that you think he could have gotten was in some other area. he was fouled on one so no credit for that board.
TeamFarmar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

You must be out of your mind .. I would never trade Bosh for Gasol. Gasol is so much smarter players and he does a lot of the little things that I guess you don't see. Gasol is a much better fit for the triangle than Bosh.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
night89 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

That deserves a "lolwut?"

!...
Keyser Soze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject:

RealOne wrote:
Another win. Lakers were about a couple shots (missed) away from about 3-1 or even a 4-0 trip.

They are a few games away where they care to show up and play for 48min from a 4-0 trip. Instead I can see them going back home 3-5 like Jackson predicted.

Nothing should surprise you after this.

Last edited by Keyser Soze on Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:26 pm    Post subject:

good win ....... they actually played some nice defense
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject:

good win for the lakers tonight now on to indy
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Keyser Soze wrote:
RealOne wrote:

They are a few games away where they care to show up and play for 48min from a 4-0 trip. Instead I can see them going back home 3-5 like Jackson predicted.

It all depends on their focus and energy.
smiles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject:

good thing the defense stepped up and got the seperation.
andyypatel
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

@dirka dirka trade bynum wtf ?!?

@night89 trade gasol WTF?!?!?!?!?

puss*****
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Bah, Gasol is just taking advantage of midgets, nothing more. Whenever Gasol has had to go against a PF that's equal to the center, he's struggled.

Let's see how Gasol does when he has Haywood on him, but Bynum on the weakside, so that he has no space to work with. Of course, the other team is not stupid to put the undersized PF on Bynum(despite the fact that Gasol is abusing their undersized PF, because they know that even if you switched them around, it still makes no difference, because now we'll go to Bynum instead).

Given equal spacing and equal sized defenders, Bynum's post game => Gasol's, his defense is also > Gasol.
chazzz3dt_AB17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:34 pm    Post subject:

andyypatel wrote:
@dirka dirka trade bynum wtf ?!?

@night89 trade gasol WTF?!?!?!?!?

puss*****

Don't give the trolls that much attention.
TeamFarmar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:36 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:
Bah, Gasol is just taking advantage of midgets, nothing more. Whenever Gasol has had to go against a PF that's equal to the center, he's struggled.

Let's see how Gasol does when he has Haywood on him, but Bynum on the weakside, so that he has no space to work with. Of course, the other team is not stupid to put the undersized PF on Bynum(despite the fact that Gasol is abusing their undersized PF, because they know that even if you switched them around, it still makes no difference, because now we'll go to Bynum instead).

Given equal spacing and equal sized defenders, Bynum's post game => Gasol's, his defense is also > Gasol.

He struggles to guard those big physical centers because Gasol is a power forward, not a center. Thats why we have Bynum to guard those big centers.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject:

good win

against a sucky team, but a wins a win

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Shannon Brown just said "execute" in the LTV post game interview. LOL
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject:

TeamFarmar wrote:
night89 wrote:

He struggles to guard those big physical centers because Gasol is a power forward, not a center. Thats why we have Bynum to guard those big centers.

He allowed Jamison to go off, allowed Bargnani to go off, and David Lee is more a PF than a center. The fact is Gasol can't guard anyone with a modicum of talent, without help.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Rick12322 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:

I disagree. I watched the game too. There was only 1 rebound that slipped out of his hands. Every other one that you think he could have gotten was in some other area. he was fouled on one so no credit for that board.

Then I am sorry to say, but you may need to start wearing glasses now.

Bynum was flat footed all night. I will admit, when he played Bosh he was jumping for boards but tonight he was out of position and only got the boards when they landed right on him.

Bynum gave a very poor effort tonight.

I won't even argue with the Bynum crowd anymore though, you guys have an excuse for everything that Bynum does wrong.

Lucky for me, the best NBA coach ever sees Bynums laziness and benched his a** for the 4th. So you guys could sit here and argue it all you want but you do NOT have more knowledge then Phil when it comes to basketball.

Phil doesn't like Bynums effort and I'm sticking with him.
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject:

You act like Phil's decisions have been right. Let's see, ever since Gasol came back, which also coincides with Bynum's explosiveness coming back, he went with Gasol in crunch time against the Cavs, and he laid an egg. He went with Gasol on the last possession against the Raptors, and Gasol directly gave up the game winning FTs. The game against the Knicks, if one was observant enough, one would see that he was merely getting a bunch of calls, with the refs taking them from Kobe and Bynum.

This game against the Wizards prove nothing, given that we were already comfortably ahead. The lineup with Gasol did give up the lead, however, and made it a little more interesting, and we couldn't quite blow them out. This shows that either Bynum or Gasol would result in the same outcome, by the same differential probably.

Now if you considered that other than the Raptors game, Bynum's explosiveness is not really at its peak(well, it's not at its peak in the Raptors game either. All we can say that in the other games, he was less explosive than the Raptors game, due to the flu probably), yet Gasol can't even prove to be the clear goto guy over Bynum. This shows that from now on, if Bynum's explosiveness is at the Raptors game's level or more, he should be the clear choice over Gasol.
chilake24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
Awwww Caron/Kobe

fan of caron. felt bad he was called out by dramaa queen zero at the start of the season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24
Page 24 of 24
Jump to: