View previous topic :: View next topic  
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
Screens make it worse for Kobe in clutch.. but, lakers deserved the loss, too bad Kobe's record came in a loss.

Odom/Pau soft as hell. But that's not going to change. Again, Kobe needs Bynum in the game.. he needs to get him going first. Otherwise, his head is not in the game and more often than not gets in foul trouble and loses focus.

I understand that Kobe needs to get Drew involved more, but are you seriously blaming Drew's foul trouble on Kobe???

no, of course not. I'm just saying as a leader Kobe needs to make sure Bynum is involved and active.

...or maybe Bynum should make sure Bynum is involved and active...
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Glad this trip is over one way or another.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Missed the game. Was this like the Orlando game last season where Sasha was open at the end and clanked it?

Win some, lose some. I see this team still takes some of their competition a bit too lightly but that's how it's been the past decade, can't imagine it changing anytime soon.
ImmortalD24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Why didn't Kobe ask for an iso? Why bring Gasol's man out?

Nobody gives a crap about defending the screener on a play like that.. and you need shooters to space the floor if they collapse. Really poor play.

Had Kobe iso'd, Mayo wouldn't have stood a chance at contesting a Kobe 3 or 2.

Last edited by ImmortalD24 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
Missed the game. Was this like the Orlando game last season where Sasha was open at the end and clanked it?

Win some, lose some. I see this team still takes some of their competition a bit too lightly but that's how it's been the past decade, can't imagine it changing anytime soon.

Yeah. Pau had another elden game too.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:

Memphis is actually 18-6 at home. I don't know if it is they took them lightly or they just ran into a good team and were tired. Either way, a loss is a loss unfortunately.
ClutchShot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:44 pm    Post subject:

sucks our entire front court almost fouled out. that was pretty bogus. cavs will enjoy the sloppy seconds tomorrow.
XPUNKSURFERX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject:

whats up with our free throw shooting?
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
SlickVic wrote:

Memphis is actually 18-6 at home. I don't know if it is they took them lightly or they just ran into a good team and were tired. Either way, a loss is a loss unfortunately.

Yeah Memphis is definitely good, but nothing a championship contender can't handle. I'll agree it's tough off a road back-to-back but I still feel these guys have enough talent to take care of them. Did not watch the game tonight so don't know what the issue was but the past 10 years, I'm just so used to LA taking nights off in the regular season (hell sometimes even a few games in the playoffs) that I'm just not surprised by these losses anymore.
XPUNKSURFERX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject:

that was awesome.....horrible no call
XPUNKSURFERX
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Pau needs to rotate over on defense, no excuse for that and 1
VALakerFan80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject:

How on God's green Earth did LA lose to the Grizzlies?
VALakerFan80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject:

XPUNKSURFERX wrote:
Pau needs to rotate over on defense, no excuse for that and 1

G a s o f t sucks!
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
Wolverine wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
Screens make it worse for Kobe in clutch.. but, lakers deserved the loss, too bad Kobe's record came in a loss.

Odom/Pau soft as hell. But that's not going to change. Again, Kobe needs Bynum in the game.. he needs to get him going first. Otherwise, his head is not in the game and more often than not gets in foul trouble and loses focus.

I understand that Kobe needs to get Drew involved more, but are you seriously blaming Drew's foul trouble on Kobe???

no, of course not. I'm just saying as a leader Kobe needs to make sure Bynum is involved and active.

...or maybe Bynum should make sure Bynum is involved and active...

He was. Still need perimeter guys to throw him the ball more than 3 times.
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject:

At least Bynum is still in one piece
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Mbengaposterized wrote:
At least Bynum is still in one piece
Aside from his sprained vagina.

Last edited by uberzev on Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject:

What the hell was LO doing down the stretch?

Lousy, sloppy, ugly!
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Didn't like what Kobe did tonight--seemed to be one of those nights he put individual achievement over team achievement. Don't know why he was in such a rush to pull this off in Memphis. He ended up with great numbers but forced a lot of bad offense early on, phased out the rest of the team (who never really got back into the game), and this ultimately allowed Memphis to remain competitive and gave them the confidence they needed. We don't usually win games Kobe shoots around 30. And you can never put it all on one thing since there's always blame to go around, but this was one of the easiest things that could have been avoided (and not what the team leader should be doing). A great achievement definitely comes at a significant cost with Cleveland pulling a big two games ahead.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:56 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
Didn't like what Kobe did tonight--seemed to be one of those nights he put individual achievement over team achievement. Don't know why he was in such a rush to pull this off in Memphis. He ended up with great numbers but forced a lot of bad offense early on, phased out the rest of the team (who never really got back into the game), and this ultimately allowed Memphis to remain competitive and gave them the confidence they needed. We don't usually win games Kobe shoots around 30. And you can never put it all on one thing since there's always blame to go around, but this was one of the easiest things that could have been avoided (and not what the team leader should be doing). A great achievement definitely comes at a significant cost with Cleveland pulling a big two games ahead.

Only on LG Kobe pass the ball to A WIDE OPEN ARTEST and it on Kobe for the loss
NWMS14
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject:

[quote="koolmo23"]
StuLantz#1 wrote:

Only on LG Kobe pass the ball to A WIDE OPEN ARTEST and it on Kobe for the loss [/quote
I honestly agree with you both. The fact that Kobe took so many shots at the beginning of the game kept everyone else out of rhythm, BUT with all that said we were down by 2 at the half.

I would even argue that it seemed like the game plan was to give the ball to Kobe so he could break the record and get it out of the way. I mean it wasn't like he just grabbed the rebound, brought the ball up and shot it. Teammates were looking to give the ball to him....even Fish who is known to go away from Kobe just for the sake of maintaining offensive flow. And again, all of Kobe's shots had nothing to do with the team as a whole not playing great defense or not grabbing rebounds.

In the second half, the Lakers played more of a team game. They had more than enough to establish a rhythm. Kobe missed two gimmes at the beginning of the 3rd, but I would hardly say he forced those looking back on it. At the time, though, it might have seemed that way. After he broke the record on a slam dunk, he then converted a 3 pointer off the glass. And at that point, the Lakers were well within the game...even taking the lead at various points but never extending it by more than 4. Drew and Pau could have gotten more looks, but I do recall Drew missing a dunk on one occasion and Pau missing hooks in the lane or settling for face-up jumpers.
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Yes, let's blame the guy who scored 44 pts on 58% shooting.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Can't our bigs just dunk when they're under the basket? All the missed layups and jumpers, ugggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:42 pm    Post subject:

All I can say is, at least they beat Boston. Going 5-3 on this trip full of lousy teams (sans the Crabs and Boston) is no accomplishment.
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

[quote="NWMS14"]
koolmo23 wrote:
StuLantz#1 wrote:

Only on LG Kobe pass the ball to A WIDE OPEN ARTEST and it on Kobe for the loss [/quote
I honestly agree with you both. The fact that Kobe took so many shots at the beginning of the game kept everyone else out of rhythm, BUT with all that said we were down by 2 at the half.

I would even argue that it seemed like the game plan was to give the ball to Kobe so he could break the record and get it out of the way. I mean it wasn't like he just grabbed the rebound, brought the ball up and shot it. Teammates were looking to give the ball to him....even Fish who is known to go away from Kobe just for the sake of maintaining offensive flow. And again, all of Kobe's shots had nothing to do with the team as a whole not playing great defense or not grabbing rebounds.

In the second half, the Lakers played more of a team game. They had more than enough to establish a rhythm. Kobe missed two gimmes at the beginning of the 3rd, but I would hardly say he forced those looking back on it. At the time, though, it might have seemed that way. After he broke the record on a slam dunk, he then converted a 3 pointer off the glass. And at that point, the Lakers were well within the game...even taking the lead at various points but never extending it by more than 4. Drew and Pau could have gotten more looks, but I do recall Drew missing a dunk on one occasion and Pau missing hooks in the lane or settling for face-up jumpers.

Kobe shooting 28 times had nothing to do with the Loss , the Lakers Bigs played soft and got outplay again on the road trip
koolmo23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:

KINGD wrote:
Yes, let's blame the guy who scored 44 pts on 58% shooting.

only on LG Kobe score 44 points and he the blame for the Loss and for the bigs playing soft
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 54 of 55
Jump to: