General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:42 am    Post subject:

Brandon Rios is gonna be trained by his pops instead of Robert Garcia. Garcia is cool with it and they're still good friends but Garcia thinks they got too comfortable. Doing shot that trainers and fighters shouldn't be doing together and letting him get away with half assing. Good move but I think Rios is done.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject:

Kovalev and Pascal 2 this weekend. Both under 175. Weighing around 174. Think Andre Ward fights in March so this is a pretty big fight for Kovalev. That Ward-Kovalev fight in the fall is a must. Hopefully the summer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Kovalev is a beast. He doesn't fight just to win, he fights to destroy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Mayfield already looks tired. Dude is already done and it's round 4. Mikhaylenko is applying strong pressure.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Pasval doesn't get killed. Seems like he's stalling. Got Roy Jones rapping. Roy can't get in the ring with him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Kovalev admitted he was trying to punish Pascal. Roach did the right thing stopping the fight. He should have done it the round before. He let Jean talk him into another round.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject:

Naw. He was coherent. I would have given him the other round even though Roach said he'd stop it. He didn't really wanna stop it or he woulda did what he did when he did stop it. He said I'm gonna stop the fight and turned his back to Pascal and stopped it.

Think he wanted to give him one more chance and he came out in the first few seconds looking decent. Then those clubbing shots stopped his ass.

Loved the balls of Kovalev going into Pascal's home twice and putting 15 rounds worth of ass whippin' on this dude. Stevenson really don't wanna see Kovalev. If he did, he would stayed at HBO instead of jumping to Showtime. That's the only thing saving his ass.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Naw. He was coherent. I would have given him the other round even though Roach said he'd stop it. He didn't really wanna stop it or he woulda did what he did when he did stop it. He said I'm gonna stop the fight and turned his back to Pascal and stopped it.

Think he wanted to give him one more chance and he came out in the first few seconds looking decent. Then those clubbing shots stopped his ass.

Loved the balls of Kovalev going into Pascal's home twice and putting 15 rounds worth of ass whippin' on this dude. Stevenson really don't wanna see Kovalev. If he did, he would stayed at HBO instead of jumping to Showtime. That's the only thing saving his ass.

Jean had nothing left dough. He has a warrior attitude but no chance at winning the fight. Sergey was carrying him just to punish him. He could have been seriously hurt. I would have stopped the fight earlier.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject:

Yeah I see your point. I just think with any fight, a shot can come from anywhere and change its direction. Just look at that Vargas v. Miura fight from last year. They were about to stop that fight because Vargas was done and then BOOM BOOM.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject:

Kovalev is a monster/beast. I think Freddie made the right choice. Stevenson actually thinks he scared Kovalev when he entered the ring...LOL...Stevenson, no matter what he says, is the punk and I hope he has the balls to ask out of his contract to finally fight Kovalev.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Kovalev is a monster/beast. I think Freddie made the right choice. Stevenson actually thinks he scared Kovalev when he entered the ring...LOL...Stevenson, no matter what he says, is the punk and I hope he has the balls to ask out of his contract to finally fight Kovalev.

L_D these damn Ali wanna be's really grate my nerves. The only thing Adonis did was assure himself the same kind of punishment Pascal received. Kovalev said in a interview he goes into the ring with bad intentions. He goes in trying to really hurt his opponent. He's not a man you want to anger.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

L_D these damn Ali wanna be's really grate my nerves. The only thing Adonis did was assure himself the same kind of punishment Pascal received. Kovalev said in a interview he goes into the ring with bad intentions. He goes in trying to really hurt his opponent. He's not a man you want to anger.

Yup! Bernard, without realizing it, made the right choice in not downgrading Kovalev's talent and being respectful throughout. I think Sergei would've had more inclination to really end Bernard's career, had he taken a different approach with the promotion, especially seeing how well Sergei boxed the heck out of him.

And totally, Jo. It would mean so much more, if I actually felt like they were going to step in the ring. Even Bernard was talking crap about how Stevenson jumped in there and how it was all talk. And I totally agreed with him that they only guy that will give Sergei a competitive fight, due to styles, is Dre Ward. Depending on where that one is, I might just try to watch it live, if it's in LA or Oakland.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject:

Khan finally got his big fight he's been waiting for.

Speed vs. Power.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Yup! Bernard, without realizing it, made the right choice in not downgrading Kovalev's talent and being respectful throughout. I think Sergei would've had more inclination to really end Bernard's career, had he taken a different approach with the promotion, especially seeing how well Sergei boxed the heck out of him.

And totally, Jo. It would mean so much more, if I actually felt like they were going to step in the ring. Even Bernard was talking crap about how Stevenson jumped in there and how it was all talk. And I totally agreed with him that they only guy that will give Sergei a competitive fight, due to styles, is Dre Ward. Depending on where that one is, I might just try to watch it live, if it's in LA or Oakland.

Ward's inactivity may work against him. His only fought 3 times in the last four years, 09/08/12, 11/16/2013, 06/20/2915. That's not enough to get into the ring with Kovalev. He'll need a couple of tuneups before getting in with Sergey.

WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:

Speed vs. Power.

It's a huge mismatch. I give Khan credit for taking the fight but it will be about a 25 pound difference on fight night. He was just recently fighting at 140 and canelo hydrates up to about 170. Imagine canelo hitting him like he did Kirkland
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Speed vs. Power.

It's a huge mismatch. I give Khan credit for taking the fight but it will be about a 25 pound difference on fight night. He was just recently fighting at 140 and canelo hydrates up to about 170. Imagine canelo hitting him like he did Kirkland

I had just heard about it. Been so busy with work, that I didn't get to post:

http://www.boxingscene.com/khans-father-hunter-muscle-amir-up-canelo-shot--100975

Amir better get his track shoes on and improve his wind. He's gonna have to keep moving throughout the 12 rounds. Even though Canelo's slow, he's got more than enough power to put Amir to sleep.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Dominic Wade got a crack at GGG? I think it's too soon, especially how bad he looked vs. Soliman (although, nobody looks good against that guy), but maybe Al Haymon got him a huge pay day

http://www.badlefthook.com/2016/2/2/10900294/gennady-golovkin-vs-dominic-wade-set-for-april-23-on-hbo

Hope Dominic has his track shoes ready, just like Amir needs to also!

-EDIT- Forgot to add...If this is at the Forum, I'm going for sure!

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject:

RIP Amir Khan
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject:

lol @ GGG at the Forum again possibly ...... might hafta make that long 10 mile drive..

obviously a tune up for Canelo in the fall. both fighting weeks apart from each other....

still can't believe this Khan BS
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Nissan wrote:

Speed vs. Power.

I say Canelo at 168-173, naturally.
Khan 155-160 unnaturally

just cant put on all that weight and be natural

Floyd is a natural 147
Manny is a natural 140
Khan isnt a natural 155. His power is still at 140. Hasnt even come up to 47 yet
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Ohhh...this explains why Dominic Wade was put in with GGG (mandatory defense)

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/14699965/how-canelo-alvarez-amir-khan-was-made

Really interesting to see how Oscar came up with Amir, for Canelo.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
lol @ GGG at the Forum again possibly ...... might hafta make that long 10 mile drive..

obviously a tune up for Canelo in the fall. both fighting weeks apart from each other....

still can't believe this Khan BS

Yup, dough. I was still happy to have gotten my souvenir t-shirt (Forum Boxing Club) and GGG hat at the last one. Even though seats weren't quite as good (or as cheap) as StubHub, I am definitely jumping on tickets right away this time. I am not missing out on better seats, especially now that I know how the seats actually are.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/14699965/how-canelo-alvarez-amir-khan-was-made

Good business deal. Named fighter with some skill who will bring in the loot because of his UK following. Nice payday. No real chance at taking the title and a tune up for possibly GGG in September.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Good business deal. Named fighter with some skill who will bring in the loot because of his UK following. Nice payday. No real chance at taking the title and a tune up for possibly GGG in September.

It'd be pretty funny if Khan beat Canelo. There's no way Khan would face GGG right after Canelo, so he'd vacate. However, I bet Canelo would be much more eager for the GGG fight after that, and he would have to fight at 160 with no bargaining power after coming off a loss to a recent junior welterweight.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

It'd be pretty funny if Khan beat Canelo. There's no way Khan would face GGG right after Canelo, so he'd vacate. However, I bet Canelo would be much more eager for the GGG fight after that, and he would have to fight at 160 with no bargaining power after coming off a loss to a recent junior welterweight.

I think there's a rematch clause on Canelo's side of Khan did win. If Khan pulls it out, it will totally (bleep) up GGG's chance at the unification. He'd probably hafta wait until next summer or summer 2017. Something Oscar doesn't have a problem with. Get a few more months on GGG being closer to slowing down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 401, 402, 403 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 402 of 514
Jump to: