Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Um...not sure if Pacman had a good fight or if Matthysse is just done. When I heard about the fight I thought to myself, Matthysse ..really? Didn't he retire? But Pacman got 3 knockdowns. Pretty good.

This post seems like revisionist history. Pac is 40. Matthysse is 35. People were calling for Pac's retirement before Matthysse's, and many expected Pac to get KO'd. Amazing display by Pacman at his age! The man has the heart of a lion!
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Um...not sure if Pacman had a good fight or if Matthysse is just done. When I heard about the fight I thought to myself, Matthysse ..really? Didn't he retire? But Pacman got 3 knockdowns. Pretty good.

This post seems like revisionist history. Pac is 40. Matthysse is 35. People were calling for Pac's retirement before Matthysse's, and many expected Pac to get KO'd. Amazing display by Pacman at his age! The man has the heart of a lion!
Many expected? Did you see vegas odds?
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Is this the first Pacquiao fight you've ever seen? These are the worst odds he's had since he faced Mayweather. He's been a -1100 favorite before, and he was -200 for this fight.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Is this the first Pacquiao fight you've ever seen? These are the worst odds he's had since he faced Mayweather. He's been a -1100 favorite before, and he was -200 for this fight.
Yeah exactly, he was the favorite to win.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Pacquiao vs Matthysse

Yeah exactly, he was the favorite to win.

Not sure what to say if you don't understand the difference between -1100 and -200. -200 means many people thought he'd lose (and bet money accordingly), or Pac would be an overwhelming favorite in terms of odds (as he has been in the past).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Manny looked good. His hand and foot speed was Manny of old. He also showed power of old PacMan. Did any note his legs? He's on two tree trunks.

It's a shame the financial shape Bob Arum put Manny. I think he's still fighting to pay Uncle Sam. I believe he owe IRS $68 million. Floyd was smart to dump him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Manny looked good. His hand and foot speed was Manny of old. He also showed power of old PacMan. Did any note his legs? He's on two tree trunks.

It's a shame the financial shape Bob Arum put Manny. I think he's still fighting to pay Uncle Sam. I believe he owe IRS $68 million. Floyd was smart to dump him.

Who you got if Crawford vs. Pac or Danny Garcia/Thurman vs. Pac? How about Loma vs. Pac at 140?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Who you got if Crawford vs. Pac or Danny Garcia/Thurman vs. Pac? How about Loma vs. Pac at 140?

Honestly, I give PacMan a chance against any of them. Lucas may be shot, I don't know.

Manny still punches in bunches from all angles. He wasn't hit by Lucas so I don't know what his chin can stand.

I don't discount his age. He may be another Hopkins. Yeah I give him a chance against those you listed.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Honestly, I give PacMan a chance against any of them. Lucas may be shot, I don't know.

Manny still punches in bunches from all angles. He wasn't hit by Lucas so I don't know what his chin can stand.

I don't discount his age. He may be another Hopkins. Yeah I give him a chance against those you listed.

Matthysse should retire at this point. In terms of the others, I think Bud/Thurman can take Pac. With Loma, it depends on how he adjusts to the weight since Pac has a bit of a size advantage (and Loma is coming off an injury). Garcia gets outclassed by 40 year old Pac imo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Matthysse should retire at this point. In terms of the others, I think Bud/Thurman can take Pac. With Loma, it depends on how he adjusts to the weight since Pac has a bit of a size advantage (and Loma is coming off an injury). Garcia gets outclassed by 40 year old Pac imo.

Terence maybe. I don't think Keith wants it anymore. Loma is a mystery. He has a good record that I call suspect because of his limited professional experience.

If I had my druthers I'd druther MoneyMay pay PacMan IRS debt and Manny then retires. I know, I know, pipe dream.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:03 am    Post subject:

Mathysse looked exactly like his last fight, slow, no head movement... I thought the tall asian guy he KO's last time took a dive, it was such a slow motion sit then fell

PacMan looked swole, maybe he got another fight or two but he better pick another 'Mathysse' and not one of the younger champs
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Terence maybe. I don't think Keith wants it anymore. Loma is a mystery. He has a good record that I call suspect because of his limited professional experience.

If I had my druthers I'd druther MoneyMay pay PacMan IRS debt and Manny then retires. I know, I know, pipe dream.

Been a while since I had to look up a word, nice vocab there! Also, May/Pac 2 would be worse than the first imo. I wanted that fight in 2008-2010. Now, it's like eating food that has mold on it after sitting in your fridge for a month.

Also, you really think Loma is suspect after what he did to Linares? I got him and Bud as top 2 P4P.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Been a while since I had to look up a word, nice vocab there! Also, May/Pac 2 would be worse than the first imo. I wanted that fight in 2008-2010. Now, it's like eating food that has mold on it after sitting in your fridge for a month.

Also, you really think Loma is suspect after what he did to Linares? I got him and Bud as top 2 P4P.

Yeah, a Money, Manny 2 would be another snooze fest. Manny looked good against Lucas. If talks bout a Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 broke out it wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't buy it but wouldn't surprise me it rumors started.

Loma is proving to be a great fighter. I'm still convincing myself he's legit. Have to get over that.

Crawford is an anomaly. He fights so little yet seems to lose nothing. Reminds of of Sugar Ray Leonard. Take 2 years off and come back sharp.

Looking forward to Joshua vs Wilder. Did he accept the 50 million flat fee? I give Deontay a punchers chance. Also I think he wants it more.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, a Money, Manny 2 would be another snooze fest. Manny looked good against Lucas. If talks bout a Mayweather vs Pacquiao 2 broke out it wouldn't surprise me. Wouldn't buy it but wouldn't surprise me it rumors started.

Loma is proving to be a great fighter. I'm still convincing myself he's legit. Have to get over that.

Crawford is an anomaly. He fights so little yet seems to lose nothing. Reminds of of Sugar Ray Leonard. Take 2 years off and come back sharp.

Looking forward to Joshua vs Wilder. Did he accept the 50 million flat fee? I give Deontay a punchers chance. Also I think he wants it more.

I am picking Wilder to win. I think Hearn and AJ don't want the fight. AJ is fighting Povetkin (I believe), so I am not sure whether the fight will happen soon. Usyk vs. Gassiev is the next great fight on the horizon! Hopefully, it does not get derailed by the typical boxing politics bs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Quote:
I am picking Wilder to win. I think Hearn and AJ don't want the fight. AJ is fighting Povetkin (I believe), so I am not sure whether the fight will happen soon. Usyk vs. Gassiev is the next great fight on the horizon! Hopefully, it does not get derailed by the typical boxing politics bs.

I eliminated the quotes the tree's getting to long.

I'm not familiar with either fighter. I looked at their boxrec, both impressive. I'm also not familiar with the quality of their opponents. Some have impressive W/L records but against who I don't know. Can't make a choice in this one.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:52 am; edited 4 times in total
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 am    Post subject:

Joshua is the A student, perfect technique, has power, has great feet, great defense... Wilder is raw power, I think his haymaker hits harder than Joshua’s best but he’s careless at times. Rational would put my money on AJ but man, can’t get against this Wilder dude, he’s not scared going toe to toe and one of those long ass reaching haymaker bound to land... I pick Wilder
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Joshua is the A student, perfect technique, has power, has great feet, great defense... Wilder is raw power, I think his haymaker hits harder than Joshua’s best but he’s careless at times. Rational would put my money on AJ but man, can’t get against this Wilder dude, he’s not scared going toe to toe and one of those long ass reaching haymaker bound to land... I pick Wilder

Usyk or Gassiev?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Usyk or Gassiev?

Don’t know em too well. What u think?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Quote:

I don't know them either so I looked up their boxrec. See my post above.

Oleksandr Usyk boxrec .... Murat Gassiev boxrec

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Usyk or Gassiev?

Usyk is the favorite, but I think Gassiev breaks him down because he's too strong for him. Gassiev trains in Big Bear with GGG and fights with a similar style.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Even though Manny looked good this weekend, I still hesitate to say that he'd be able to handle the young lions at the top (e.g. Crawford, Spence). Matthyse has always had his history of folding against the top guys (Garcia, Postol), so even though I gave him a punchers chance of maybe surprising Manny, I figured the fight would go similar to how it went.

I really hope Manny retires soon. I don't want to see him continuing on, like Roy Jones did.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Even though Manny looked good this weekend, I still hesitate to say that he'd be able to handle the young lions at the top (e.g. Crawford, Spence). Matthyse has always had his history of folding against the top guys (Garcia, Postol), so even though I gave him a punchers chance of maybe surprising Manny, I figured the fight would go similar to how it went.

I really hope Manny retires soon. I don't want to see him continuing on, like Roy Jones did.

I also want him to hang up the Everlasts. It's his fault but I also give onus to Bob Arum. He's part of the reason Pac's in deep debt to Uncle Sam. I thought the fight with MoneyMay would get his head above water. I guess it didn't.

Fighters should push for some kind of committee, commission, union, to assure fighters some protections from unscrupulous promoters.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Will be at Garcia v. Easter fight this weekend. Should be a solid scrap.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Will be at Garcia v. Easter fight this weekend. Should be a solid scrap.

fundamental vs long reach sledgehammer, who you got? (If the Mikey that dismantled Broner shows up, I give him a hair thin edge)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:23 am    Post subject:

Liam Smith (26-1-1, 14 KOs) gave Jaime Munguia (29-0, 25 KOs) all or more than he wanted. It showed Munguia's not ready for Canelo or GGG.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 451, 452, 453 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 452 of 514
Jump to: