General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
It's coming up on the anniversary on December 11 of Bobby Chacon - Bazooka Limon 4 fight of the year in 1982. Was also Ring mAgazines fight of the decade. Bobby was always one of my favorite fighters from back in the old Olympic Auditorium days. 2 small guys 2 giant hearts.

Enjoy.

The Old Olympic Auditorium was a unique boxing venue. Balcony seats were great seats. The best fight I remember there was Indian Red Lopez vs Hedgemond Lewis. Hedge had Ernie beat twice but lost both fights TKO. 1st time round 9 of 10 TKO. 2nd time round 10 of 10 TKO. I went to LACC with Hedge. I said. "Man, you had him beat, why didn't you just continue to outbox him?" He said, "I just gotta knock him out, I just gotta knock him out." Hedge had the fastest hands and slickest moves of any fighter I've seen.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
It's coming up on the anniversary on December 11 of Bobby Chacon - Bazooka Limon 4 fight of the year in 1982. Was also Ring mAgazines fight of the decade. Bobby was always one of my favorite fighters from back in the old Olympic Auditorium days. 2 small guys 2 giant hearts.

Enjoy.

The Old Olympic Auditorium was a unique boxing venue. Balcony seats were great seats. The best fight I remember there was Indian Red Lopez vs Hedgemond Lewis. Hedge had Ernie beat twice but lost both fights TKO. 1st time round 9 of 10 TKO. 2nd time round 10 of 10 TKO. I went to LACC with Hedge. I said. "Man, you had him beat, why didn't you just continue to outbox him?" He said, "I just gotta knock him out, I just gotta knock him out." Hedge had the fastest hands and slickest moves of any fighter I've seen.

Absolutely some great shows there in the day. The shows were telecast during the week on local TV as well. Channel 9 maybe can't recall. But yes there were so many good fighters in LA at time it created so great local matchups. Carlos Palomino and Indian Reds little brother Danny Little Red Lopez were fan favorites. LA was always a great boxing town
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Mikey Garcia beats Loma.

Wanted to see this fight before Garcia moves up to get ruined by Spence. If he comes back down to face Loma after that, the excuse will be that he was weight drained. No version of Mikey beats Loma imo, and it is a shame that he did not fight Loma before moving up because he won't be the same after that fight.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Ted wrote:
Mikey Garcia beats Loma.

Wanted to see this fight before Garcia moves up to get ruined by Spence. If he comes back down to face Loma after that, the excuse will be that he was weight drained. No version of Mikey beats Loma imo, and it is a shame that he did not fight Loma before moving up because he won't be the same after that fight.

Loma is super exciting to watch because he is very unorthodox but fundamentally sound and accurate... Mikey is old school movement but also fundamentally sound and also accurate, I think they’re a good match (both got speed too)
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Good breakdown

https://imgur.com/gallery/vb1wCKY
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and betting prediction for Canelo vs. Rocky (headed to NYC this morning for the fight): https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/12/canelo-vs-rocky-fielding-quick-prefight.html
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Good breakdown

https://imgur.com/gallery/vb1wCKY

Nice, thanks for sharing this! Hopefully, the rematch happens soon!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

I can't find a PPV option other than DAZN Anyone have one or a stream?

NVM I used my FireStick to download DAZN. It offers a 1 month free, cancel anytime. I'll try the app. It has a bunch of PPV fights. If it shows some good ones I'll keep it. Nothing to lose. I'll see the Alvarez fight tonight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I can't find a PPV option other than DAZN Anyone have one or a stream?

NVM I used my FireStick to download DAZN. It offers a 1 month free, cancel anytime. I'll try the app. It has a bunch of PPV fights. If it shows some good ones I'll keep it. Nothing to lose. I'll see the Alvarez fight tonight.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

You ok with that stream Jodeke?
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Dumb fight
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Canelo straight beat Fielding up. His body shots were viscous. Rocky went down in all 3 rounds. No contest. I may keep DAZN for a minuet if they show most PPV's. I'd like to see him step in with Danny Jacobs.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
You ok with that stream Jodeke?

Might keep DAZN for a minute.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Cool my iptv service carried it as well
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:53 am    Post subject:

DELETED BY jodeke

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject:

The DAZN stream looked awesome on the Xbox app. Definitely a better picture than I get through cable PPV. Not a single stutter or any lag that I remember seeing which wasn’t the case when I got mayweather vs mcgregor stream, but they surely had millions more viewers.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:56 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The DAZN stream looked awesome on the Xbox app. Definitely a better picture than I get through cable PPV. Not a single stutter or any lag that I remember seeing which wasn’t the case when I got mayweather vs mcgregor stream, but they surely had millions more viewers.

Same with me. I turned my friend on to the site. He was impressed. He, like me, said he'll keep it for a while. If they broadcast more PPV's it's going to make the PPV business very competitive. They'll probably go after people like Adonis Stevenson, who was at the fight. He indicated he may come to America to fight. He loved NY. Canelo signed one hellofa contract, worth a reported minimum of $365 million over 11 fights. 🤑

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Same with me. I turned my friend on to the site. He was impressed. He, like me, said he'll keep it for a while. If they broadcast more PPV's it's going to make the PPV business very competitive. They'll probably go after people like Adonis Stevenson, who was at the fight. He indicated he may come to America to fight. He loved NY. Canelo signed one hellofa contract, worth a reported minimum of $365 million over 11 fights. 🤑

I believe you mean Anthony Joshua not Adonis Stevenson. It's been reported that Joshua did in fact sign a large deal with DAZN. Stevenson remains in a medically induced coma as of December 15th following his KO by Gvodsdyk on the same day of the Wilder Fury bout. Not looking good for Adonis.

https://fightnews.com/update-on-adonis-stevensons-health-status/35596
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I believe you mean Anthony Joshua not Adonis Stevenson. It's been reported that Joshua did in fact sign a large deal with DAZN. Stevenson remains in a medically induced coma as of December 15th following his KO by Gvodsdyk on the same day of the Wilder Fury bout. Not looking good for Adonis.

https://fightnews.com/update-on-adonis-stevensons-health-status/35596

There I go again. I'm starting to scare myself. I meant Joshua. Your post was on his health on 12/5. Have there been any updates?

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

^^^ That's all I can find.

BTW if anyone is into mixed martial arts they should check out some of the One Championship shows. They have different fights with different rules in a recent show in Bangkok they had the Rungvisai / Diaz fight (boxing) in a show that included Muay Thai and MMA rules fights as well. One Championship MMA allows knees and kicking to a fighter on the ground as well.

Just download the One Championship app to your device (yeah it's free) and stream quality streams for free on fight night. They also offer replays of recent cards. They have been putting on a show every week or two in Asia. Of course to watch live you may be doing it with your morning coffee.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Canelo is gonna fight a bunch of cab drivers on DAZN. Wonderful.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Canelo is gonna fight a bunch of cab drivers on DAZN. Wonderful.

Greg Haugen regretted making that statement before his fight against Julio Caesar Chavez at Aztec Stadium. He ended up admitting they were some pretty good cab drivers lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
1 of 2 things or both. Canelo is the real deal or Rocky was out of his class. Fielding had the height, reach and weight advantage yet Canelo just walked him down and destroyed his body. The adage kill the head and the body will die transposed. He should have used his reach and height advantage and kept the fight in the middle of the ring. His boxrec 27 2 0, 15 KO's is misleading. I wonder who Canelo will fight next. I'd like to see him in with Danny Jacobs. I'd also like to see a GGG vs Canelo trilogy. I'm beginning to warm up to Canelo. I think he'd beat both.

Canelo vs Rocky

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject:

I didn't want to do DAZN again, but was able to get a stream going for Canelo's mismatch against that tomato can. Went pretty much as expected. It's always the most frustrating thing to see a guy who has a significant, reach, height, and weight advantage somehow take that advantage away from themselves and not box from the outside. If that's not how that kid fights (from the outside), then it was definitely going to be a mismatch from the start.

In other news. Korobov is replacing Willie Monroe Jr. for the Charlo fight
http://www.sportingnews.com/us/boxing/news/matt-korobov-replaces-willie-monroe-jr-to-fight-jermall-charlo/1s9m8i5x3vje51gzmd2qn3jbx8

If you missed it, Monroe Jr. tested positive on the VADA testing. Not sure what for, but I guess he was trying to cheat his way back to any sort of relevance.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Jermell got robbed. I had it 117 112 Charlo. The judges gave Harrison the decision. Another black mark on boxing. I hope this doesn't throw Jermall off. If he loses in a similar manner boxing will be scoffed at again.

IMO Jermall pulled it out in the 12th. I had Korobov up 105 104 in the 11th. The 10 8 12th gave it to Charlo. 114 113 Charlo.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 461, 462, 463 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 462 of 514
Jump to: