Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject:

not that good of a chin though
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject:

that was a brutal knockout.. watch the ring girls reaction.

LOL at Fury.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Charles Martin got gifted a championship belt He's tryin' to call out the top guys, but nothing I saw makes me say he could handle any of them. Anthony Jshua would eat him alive.

Deontay's ko of Spilka was beautifully placed. He listened to his corner perfectly. His chief 2nd told him Spilka was leaning to his right and he should throw the right exactly to where he's going to lean...Bam, perfect placement while Spilka was rushing in.

David Haye's comeback fight
https://goo.gl/yRY5Ty

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Serious KO. dude looked hurt.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 11:43 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

LINK

What came to mind when Wilder landed the punch was Foreman vs Fraizer. Looked liked Szpilka came off the floor same way Frazier did.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject:

The knockout was so brutal that I was wondering if he was going to survive at one point.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject:

Can I just say, that I love the fact that the heavyweight division finally seems to be making a comeback. With young talents like Wilder, Joshua, Ortiz...Those 3 could be the current generations version of Holyfield, Tyson, Lewis!...That is, if they keep entertaining the fans with skill and importantly, one punch ko power!

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Jarrell Miller looks like he could make some noise if he were to get in better shape. He has power and when he puts his mind to it some good boxing skills. He had Donovan Dennis out on his feet in the first round, didn't finish him. When he got his second wind, started to box he showed some skills. The KO was vicious. Dennis's hand were down, he was out on his feet. The stoppage was on time.

Rob Brant also shows promise. He's not listed as a power puncher but the KO of Perez was instant. He went through the ropes and back. Second time he's been down, first time out. Brant does has some power and also boxing skills.

I only watch those two. Good fights. Thank for the heads up L_D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for tonight's Garcia vs. Guerrero fight: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2016/01/garcia-vs-guerrero-prefight-analysis.html
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for tonight's Garcia vs. Guerrero fight: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2016/01/garcia-vs-guerrero-prefight-analysis.html

Hopefully The Ghost can pull off the upset.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Osei wrote:

Hopefully The Ghost can pull off the upset.

I'm ok with the decision but Danny didn't show me much at 147. I think Thurman, Porter, Bradley and Brooklyn give him a very hard time. Provodnikov as well 147.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:56 am    Post subject:

I actually had Guerrero winning the fight.

Also, what the heck is up with fighters being gifted tko's due to injury, so far this year?

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I had it 8-4 for Garcia. Guerrero looked better than I thought he would (i.e., the guy is far from washed up) and was arguably ahead early. But Garcia actually boxed a bit better than I thought he could... he made the proper adjustments in the 2nd half of the fight and outboxed a guy in Guerrero who is probably a better pure boxer than he is.

I was (mildly) impressed with the way Garcia boxed last night, though I don't see him beating Thurman - or even Porter - down the road. Also have doubts he would beat Khan (who is now his mandatory) in a rematch unless he gets the KO again.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Also, what the heck is up with fighters being gifted tko's due to injury, so far this year?

Could be wrong but I think any injury that is deemed the result of a legal punch is considered a TKO if the injured fighter cannot continue... this would include things like falling awkwardly and injuring your knee as the result of a punch. Am thinking it's presumed injuries are the result of a legal punch unless it was clear (or ruled by the ref) that that was not the case.

The Monsour injury was clearly the result of a legal punch; Monsour couldn't continue so that was clearly a correct TKO stoppage. Not completely clear to me what the Aaron Martinez injury was or what caused it but I guess it was presumed to be caused by a legal punch therefore the stoppage since Martinez didn't come out for the next round...
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I had it 8-4 for Garcia. Guerrero looked better than I thought he would (i.e., the guy is far from washed up) and was arguably ahead early. But Garcia actually boxed a bit better than I thought he could... he made the proper adjustments in the 2nd half of the fight and outboxed a guy in Guerrero who is probably a better pure boxer than he is.

I was (mildly) impressed with the way Garcia boxed last night, though I don't see him beating Thurman - or even Porter - down the road. Also have doubts he would beat Khan (who is now his mandatory) in a rematch unless he gets the KO again.

From what I remember, this is how I scored the fight. After the 5th, I had Guerrero up 4 - 1. After the 9th, I had it 5-4 Garcia, with Guerrero winning the 10-12th. Some of those early rounds, and possibly the 11th, I think were close, which could be where the difference is with my card vs. what the judges had (but I, without a doubt, had Guerrero winning 10 and 12). I thought Danny, even though he was trying to box, was still getting tagged by Guerrero. They weren't extremely hard shots, Guerrero was landing, but he was landing enough punches to have Danny cut up and swelling.

What's interesting about Danny is that, I had him already losing to Herrera and one other fighter (maybe it was Zab Judah?) before, at 140. I think he would've lost easily to Amir, if Amir didn't have such a glass jaw. I'd still give Danny a punchers chance against Amir.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Could be wrong but I think any injury that is deemed the result of a legal punch is considered a TKO if the injured fighter cannot continue... this would include things like falling awkwardly and injuring your knee as the result of a punch. Am thinking it's presumed injuries are the result of a legal punch unless it was clear (or ruled by the ref) that that was not the case.

The Monsour injury was clearly the result of a legal punch; Monsour couldn't continue so that was clearly a correct TKO stoppage. Not completely clear to me what the Aaron Martinez injury was or what caused it but I guess it was presumed to be caused by a legal punch therefore the stoppage since Martinez didn't come out for the next round...

That heavyweight, Charles Martin, didn't win by punching a guy. I forgot the Russian's name, but all he did was step back, while Charles completely missed all punches being thrown, and the Russian's knee just gave out!...LOL. That was the biggest gift that guy could ever get as a prize fighter! No way he could handle any of the top guys, from what I saw in the few rounds that fight went.

Monsour, yeah, he broke his jaw via a punch (it was just like Victor Ortiz quitting on his stool), which was such a shame. Thing is, I had Monsour dominating that fight, so if there were a rematch, I think Monsour would still beat Brazeale. I guess Martin and Brazeale could fight...LOL.

Aaron Martinez hurt his hand, from what I remember. Based on the way he fought against Guerrero and Devon Alexander, I highly doubt that Vasquez hurt him enough to end it by a punch, even though I like Vasquez's skills.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Floyd had it closer to what I had:

Difference for me was I gave Guerrero rounds 10-12 and he had Guerrero winning 11-12, which is where his draw came.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am    Post subject:

Just think Garcia took over those middle rounds. Crisper and cleaner shots. Guerrero made his usual late run but I just thought it wasn't enough.

Look for a scrub matchup for Garcia then hopefully a nice scrap with Thurman at the end of the year.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:30 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

LINK

What came to mind when Wilder landed the punch was Foreman vs Fraizer. Looked liked Szpilka came off the floor same way Frazier did.

Which one?? Lol.

The only thing Foreman didn't hit Frazier with was the referee.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

LINK

Which one?? Lol.

LOL.

Danny.. the last time he didn't win a controversial decision.. don't remember.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Just think Garcia took over those middle rounds. Crisper and cleaner shots. Guerrero made his usual late run but I just thought it wasn't enough.

Look for a scrub matchup for Garcia then hopefully a nice scrap with Thurman at the end of the year.

IMO Thurman beating Porter is anything but a foregone conclusion. I think Shawn will give him everything he can handle and then some.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

LINK

Which one?? Lol.

LOL.

Danny.. the last time he didn't win a controversial decision.. don't remember.

I'd say he beat Guerrero. Beat Malignaggi. Peterson was controversial but Peterson F'd that up. Killed Salka. Beat Matthysse but was losing until Matthysse's eye got pregnant. And lost to Herrera.

He's had a few close calls. Love his résumé because he's fought top guys but you can't keep running across the 405 at 5:30 pm. Eventually traffic is going to lighten up.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:02 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

IMO Thurman beating Porter is anything but a foregone conclusion. I think Shawn will give him everything he can handle and then some.

He'll make it rough and ugly but if he thinks about boxing Porter, he'll definitely lose. I'd be shocked if he beats Porter in a boxing contest.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 400, 401, 402 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 401 of 514
Jump to: