BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:14 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Ohhh...this explains why Dominic Wade was put in with GGG (mandatory defense)

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/14699965/how-canelo-alvarez-amir-khan-was-made

Really interesting to see how Oscar came up with Amir, for Canelo.

Good business deal. Named fighter with some skill who will bring in the loot because of his UK following. Nice payday. No real chance at taking the title and a tune up for possibly GGG in September.

It'd be pretty funny if Khan beat Canelo. There's no way Khan would face GGG right after Canelo, so he'd vacate. However, I bet Canelo would be much more eager for the GGG fight after that, and he would have to fight at 160 with no bargaining power after coming off a loss to a recent junior welterweight.

I think there's a rematch clause on Canelo's side of Khan did win. If Khan pulls it out, it will totally (bleep) up GGG's chance at the unification. He'd probably hafta wait until next summer or summer 2017. Something Oscar doesn't have a problem with. Get a few more months on GGG being closer to slowing down.

Hmm, good point. There probably is a rematch clause despite Khan having a snowball's chance in hell of winning.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:03 am    Post subject:

Next fall 2017 rather.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Matthyssee vs Molina = FOY

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
that was an awesome fight
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject:

Been a bit too busy to follow up on things but has any reporter grilled Canelo for his new division that he created? Like wtf is 155? You know theirs divisions right?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
jodeke wrote:
that was an awesome fight

Was at stubhub. Took the old lady to her first fight card and it didn't disappoint. Sat right sat to Jorge Paez and got some signed gloves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject:

I need to move back to LA.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

Anthony Joshua has a title shot. Should work Charles Martin.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Anthony Joshua has a title shot. Should work Charles Martin.

Yup. I'm excited to see that one. Big step up opportunity for Joshua.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Did anybody else get the pre-order for GGG vs. Wade? Already swooped up my tickets.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject:

So excited! Chocolatito is on the undercard again!

http://goo.gl/45by3z

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 7:29 am    Post subject:

I got mine yesterday too! Can't wait!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

I hope they have more tribute type gear to The Forum Boxing Club. I love the black shirt I got at the last event.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I hope they have more tribute type gear to The Forum Boxing Club. I love the black shirt I got at the last event.

Definitely going to grab a t-shirt if I can. I didn't go to the event last year, and this is going to be my first visit there. Do you have any tips in terms of how to get a t-shirt (i.e., how early do you have to show up)? Also, do they have food stands inside the arena, or do you have to get food/drinks from the people walking around with concessions?
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Definitely going to grab a t-shirt if I can. I didn't go to the event last year, and this is going to be my first visit there. Do you have any tips in terms of how to get a t-shirt (i.e., how early do you have to show up)? Also, do they have food stands inside the arena, or do you have to get food/drinks from the people walking around with concessions?

At GGG vs. Earl Monroe, they only had one little concession stand for souvenirs and it was disorganized as all hell!...LOL. I got there early enough that, I made a b-line for that stand first. Took me about 30 minutes (or more) to finally get my order in and buy shirts and a hat, cuz forget about there being any sort of "line." People were just pushing and shoving their ways through, in order to buy stuff. Hopefully, they'll have at least 2 this time around. I got there about 15 minutes prior to doors opening and they had food/drink vendors around the outside of The Forum, so it was cool just chilling out there until they finally opened the doors (and from what I remember, they didn't open the doors right away, when the event was supposed to have started. I can't remember if they had food stands inside though.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Gonna probably pass on this card. Truck needs a new cat, so I'm probably gonna watch it on the tube. I'll make it up in the fall especially if Kovalev/Ward or Canelo/GGG happens out here in the fall.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Gonna probably pass on this card. Truck needs a new cat, so I'm probably gonna watch it on the tube. I'll make it up in the fall especially if Kovalev/Ward or Canelo/GGG happens out here in the fall.

Crazy because my car might need one too, dough. I'm already locked into going to this though, so will try to do your normal sharing of pics (although, my seats won't be anywhere near as good as you typically would purchase).

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:06 am    Post subject:

Thurman vs. Porter is delayed due to Thurman injury.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

At GGG vs. Earl Monroe, they only had one little concession stand for souvenirs and it was disorganized as all hell!...LOL. I got there early enough that, I made a b-line for that stand first. Took me about 30 minutes (or more) to finally get my order in and buy shirts and a hat, cuz forget about there being any sort of "line." People were just pushing and shoving their ways through, in order to buy stuff. Hopefully, they'll have at least 2 this time around. I got there about 15 minutes prior to doors opening and they had food/drink vendors around the outside of The Forum, so it was cool just chilling out there until they finally opened the doors (and from what I remember, they didn't open the doors right away, when the event was supposed to have started. I can't remember if they had food stands inside though.

Thanks for the info! So annoyed Thurman/Porter is delayed! That was the fight I was most looking forward to this year (outside of seeing GGG live) since Canelo/GGG is a borderline pipe dream for this year.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

Thanks for the info! So annoyed Thurman/Porter is delayed! That was the fight I was most looking forward to this year (outside of seeing GGG live) since Canelo/GGG is a borderline pipe dream for this year.

No problem. I was annoyed too, but I'd rather see a healthy Thurman vs. healthy Porter. Plus, it's apparently a neck injury (from a car accident), so that's something I'd never expect a boxer to go into a fight with.

I'm sure there will be other big fights this year. And Kovalev vs. Ward is a big one that should be happening at the end of the year anyway.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

Lots of boxing this weekend, folks!

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

I'm really looking forward to Quigg vs. Frampton. I think Crawford is gonna pick Hank Lundy apart easily. Looking forward to seeing Verdejo again. He looked great in his last fight. Leo Santa Cruz vs. Kiko Martinez might actually be the most entertaining fight of all of them, but Leo doesn't have as much power at 126 and his ko's at 122 were mostly form accumulation of punches landed, not necessarily 1 punch power.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

No problem. I was annoyed too, but I'd rather see a healthy Thurman vs. healthy Porter. Plus, it's apparently a neck injury (from a car accident), so that's something I'd never expect a boxer to go into a fight with.

I'm sure there will be other big fights this year. And Kovalev vs. Ward is a big one that should be happening at the end of the year anyway.

Kovalev/Ward will be dope, but I don't think it happens this year. Ward sounded a lot like he wants the fight to happen in the future when he's more comfortable at LHW. For the record, I don't think Ward is ducking Kovalev, but, at the same time, he's not going to jump into a fight against the most dangerous guy in the division (and arguably in all of boxing other than GGG) with so few recent fights under his belt.

Edit: Apparently, Ward needs two fights before Kovalev according to their agreement: Link
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Thinking of heading over to the Honda Center this weekend and see if i can snap some last minute tix to the santa cruz fight lol
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Kovalev/Ward will be dope, but I don't think it happens this year. Ward sounded a lot like he wants the fight to happen in the future when he's more comfortable at LHW. For the record, I don't think Ward is ducking Kovalev, but, at the same time, he's not going to jump into a fight against the most dangerous guy in the division (and arguably in all of boxing other than GGG) with so few recent fights under his belt.

Edit: Apparently, Ward needs two fights before Kovalev according to their agreement: Link

Thanks. I hadn't been keeping up with the recents on that one. At the end of last year, they were talking like it was going to happen at the end of the year, after Dre finally got a tune-up match in (and assuming Kovalev would beat Pascal, which he did).

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Crawford did what Crawford does. Bore you to sleep and set traps for three rounds and then light that ass up.

Santa Cruz and Martinez was fighting in my closet. Nice scrap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 402, 403, 404 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 403 of 514
Jump to: