Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
The thing Oscat said he wasn't gonna do, he's now doing. Gonna hold off on the Canelo GGG fight until Sept-Nov 2017.

He's a cat, and Hopkins, that didn't duck anyone and now he's making his cash cow duck Golovkin. I fought Canelo in this because Golden Boy works for him. I don't think he's scared but if he wants the fight, he should demand it. GBP works for him.

The only way this fight happens in May 2017 is if no one buys the (bleep) PPV in September 2016. I see the business aspect but damn, you knew Oscar was gonna do this (bleep).

Fight won't happen until September 2017 because it's best for business. They couldn't come to an agreement, so how do you expect them to make a fight when both sides can't agree to the demands?

How is he ducking GGG when they have an agreement to fight in 2017? Better for Canelo to fight at 160 and see how his body responds to the extra weight instead of jumping into a fight with GGG.

Guess that (bleep) theory can go out the window now that Canelo is moving back to 154 to face tomato can, Liam Smith: Link. More evidence to alleviate any alleged confusion about whether Canelo is ducking GGG.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Don't forget, big fight this weekend!

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
The thing Oscat said he wasn't gonna do, he's now doing. Gonna hold off on the Canelo GGG fight until Sept-Nov 2017.

He's a cat, and Hopkins, that didn't duck anyone and now he's making his cash cow duck Golovkin. I fought Canelo in this because Golden Boy works for him. I don't think he's scared but if he wants the fight, he should demand it. GBP works for him.

The only way this fight happens in May 2017 is if no one buys the (bleep) PPV in September 2016. I see the business aspect but damn, you knew Oscar was gonna do this (bleep).

Fight won't happen until September 2017 because it's best for business. They couldn't come to an agreement, so how do you expect them to make a fight when both sides can't agree to the demands?

How is he ducking GGG when they have an agreement to fight in 2017? Better for Canelo to fight at 160 and see how his body responds to the extra weight instead of jumping into a fight with GGG.

Guess that (bleep) theory can go out the window now that Canelo is moving back to 154 to face tomato can, Liam Smith: Link. More evidence to alleviate any alleged confusion about whether Canelo is ducking GGG.

Alvarez has joined the fold, money before fan wants. He talked a good game about how Mexican fighters don't duck anyone. The almighty $dollar has changed his tune. Fans can blame Oscar but the reality is Oscar doesn't have the last say, Canelo does.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Liam Smith. Just unbelievable.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Any fighters of note here? LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

Any fighters of note here? LINK

Lol. No one. Dude has not one but two cats with 76 losses. Lol

Canelo is going to murder this guy and GBP should be ashamed.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject:

I'll be at the O2 arena tonight, watching our boy Anthony Joshua hopefully continuing to demolish anyone put in front of him. Got the seats as a birthday present, hoping to see a spectacular finish!

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:08 am    Post subject:

okay..I'm not mexican.. and I actually do understand why a lot of mexicans don't like Canelo since he doesn't necessarily fight mexican style..

but this is a smart move.. financially.. and physically..

let the fight grow in hype.. bigger pay day.. especially if I'm going to risk getting smashed by GGG..wait til GGG is another year older..
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

How? If they said Canelo will fight at 154 and then move up for his next two fights.

Quote:
Golden Boy CEO Oscar De La Hoya declined to comment through a spokesman, but a source with knowledge of the plan said Alvarez's fight on Sept. 17 -- opponent to be determined -- likely will be at the junior middleweight limit of 154 pounds, where he perhaps will seek a world title fight.

But after that he likely would fight "one or two more times to build himself up to 160," the source said.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
okay..I'm not mexican.. and I actually do understand why a lot of mexicans don't like Canelo since he doesn't necessarily fight mexican style..

but this is a smart move.. financially.. and physically..

let the fight grow in hype.. bigger pay day.. especially if I'm going to risk getting smashed by GGG..wait til GGG is another year older..

I'm not a fight aficionado. Haven't been to an arena since the Olympic, watching Hedgemon Lewis and Indian Red Lopez go at it. I'm a fan, one who likes good fights. I like Floyd's as much Tyson's.

What I don't like is promoters in Brunello Cucinelli, sitting behind Sligh Laredo's, taking no risks, getting the lions share.

Fans aren't getting the best of the best. The Marciano, Louis, Robinson and saddest of all, Ali, days are gone. Today's fight game is a bunch of BS.

Talk about Don King if you want to, he beat the fighters out of money but he gave us good fights. Oscar is a huge disappointment. He came from that era.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject:

Porter-Thurman tonight on CBS

I got One Time by decision
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

I'm a fan of Porter. Been a fan since I watched him as a Pacquiao sparing partner but I think he's gonna get KDFO LINK

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

I'm a fan of Porter. Been a fan since I watched him as a Pacquiao sparing partner but I think he's gonna get KDFO LINK

Possibly. He got dropped by Broner and fights a sloppy fight. I could see Thurman catching him on one of his lunges.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

Possibly. He got dropped by Broner and fights a sloppy fight. I could see Thurman catching him on one of his lunges.

He's changed his style. When he first came on the scene he was a boxer, a damn good boxer. Now he more a slugger. That's going to get him in trouble agains Keith.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject:

I thought Hurd vs Molina was a good stoppage. No chance for Molina to win. He was taking a lot of punishment. Of course there's always the chance of a one punch KO.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm from a era that had referees scoring fights. I don't remember when or why they stopped having a voice.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Hell of a fight! Thurman and porter both brought idk about the decision though but they are willing to do a rematch
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was a fair decision. It was a close fight.

dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:21 pm    Post subject:

I had it a draw but like u said close fight
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Moses wrote:
I'll be at the O2 arena tonight, watching our boy Anthony Joshua hopefully continuing to demolish anyone put in front of him. Got the seats as a birthday present, hoping to see a spectacular finish!

Solid. Joshua big massive mitts on Breazeale. Just wasnt ready. Don't think he would ever be ready. Dude just didn't get me excited in the many fights I've seen him live. Glad Joshua put an end to his hopes. Josh needs to pump that jab more though. That thing is actually like a damn power shot.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I thought Hurd vs Molina was a good stoppage. No chance for Molina to win. He was taking a lot of punishment. Of course there's always the chance of a one punch KO.

I can see the stoppage. Don't have a problem with it but you'd atleast like the let the guy try to finish especially if he's throwing back. Either way was fine. Entertaining scrap.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:22 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Hell of a fight! Thurman and porter both brought idk about the decision though but they are willing to do a rematch

I like the scoring and the scoring from CBS's judge. All had it 115-113. Not
115-113, 117-111 type of (bleep). Thought it was a draw or 116-113 either way. Really a good fight and they will probably rematch it because I don't see Thurman going after Brook or Garcia. If he had dominated Porter, he could have easily demanded one of the two.

Porter took some nice shots and kept coming. Really good night of boxing.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

I like the scoring and the scoring from CBS's judge. All had it 115-113. Not
115-113, 117-111 type of (bleep). Thought it was a draw or 116-113 either way. Really a good fight and they will probably rematch it because I don't see Thurman going after Brook or Garcia. If he had dominated Porter, he could have easily demanded one of the two.

Porter took some nice shots and kept coming. Really good night of boxing.

Word is that Danny fights Berto winner fights Thurman. Berto is a no win fight for Garcia. Small money, everybody expects him to win. Berto has a chance vs. Danny. He can still hit and I don't think Danny can keep him off. Bad fight for him.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Good to see the return of Mikey Garcia. The (bleep) side of the boxing game took away two years from this dude. You know Arum has to be pissed watching him jump to CBS/SHOWTIME.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 pm    Post subject:

I too had it as a draw.. but I could see Thurman with the power punches taking the win. I thought Keith was going to win going away until shawn came back and made it a fight..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 414, 415, 416 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 415 of 514
Jump to: