General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Sergey Kovalev didn't look that good against Isaac Chilemba. If that's the best he can do against a boxer Ward will have him for lunch.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Sergey Kovalev didn't look that good against Isaac Chilemba. If that's the best he can do against a boxer Ward will have him for lunch.

I skimmed through it. Didn't look good. I'll check it out thoroughly once I leave the gig. But from what I saw, wasn't pretty.

Could be because he was back home and in the spot where he killed some cat.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
SMH

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/16893648/gennady-golovkin-defend-belts-kell-brook-sept-10

Are you guys going to criticize him like you do with Canelo, or are giving him a pass?

He gets a pass from me. He's in a damned if you do and damned if you don't situation. I personally wouldn't have him fighting Brook but I see the money that would come with this fight. With that said, there's a difference. Boxers aren't running from Canelo. Canelo made Golovkin jump through hoops just to get a shot at a title he wasn't even defending at the natural weight (160 lbs.). Then when he supposedly gets his shot because he's the interim WBC champ, Oscar hides his tampon string, drops the title and hides his cash cow. That's flat out running. You don't have to hype this fight anymore.

They're running from Golovkin. Saunders is a champion and said he would fight him. But when the decision had to be made, he got shook. Oscar made a business decision for Canelo. Don't think Canelo is running. That's Oscar trying to add another year on Golovkin. Lara, Jacobs and Quillen is probably out of the picture because of Showtime and HBO. And Eubanks talked all that (bleep) and got shook.

Dude is just gonna have to go up to 68 and fight in another no name division.

Don't bother trying to use logic to convince Canelo fans. The retort will either be "Canelo is the A-side" or "Why did GGG duck Ward?". Pretty sure this is the only time GGG has fought someone from a lower weight class than himself while Canelo has built his career doing so (even made Mayweather come up in weight despite the fight being the biggest of his career). However, the ridiculous speculation is that Canelo is building himself up to 160 while he continues to fight at 154/155 and that he already has an "agreement" with GGG for fall 2017 (an agreement with about as much credibility as any of the other fighters who call out GGG only to subsequently duck him). Finally, Kell is demonstrating the heart of a true boxer, and you have to give him credit for stepping up to the challenge.

that "Canelo has to build himself up at 160" is the biggest bunch of (bleep) in the world. And once again, that Oscar being Canelo's mouthpiece. Dude is a natural middleweight an has been for a long time. He walks around at 170-75. You're telling me he's needs to gain five more pounds???

Look at GBP cards when Schaffer was there. You had all of the Haymon players on the cards and you had really good cards. For 45 bones, I got to see Wilder damn near kill liakovich, saw Broner talk plenty of (bleep) the entire card, a photo for my boy with Matthysse and Francisco Vargas put serious hands on Broner's boy, Bennett. Was a great night of boxing. Now there's a card in Indio that has no one but Jo Jo Diaz and maybe one other dude worth seeing; and I get a bunch of 4, 6 and 8 rounders. Not worth me driving to Palm Springs.

Oscar is protecting that prize possession and that's shocking because Oscar and Hopkins ran from no one. That's really the only guy they have on the roster. Dont call Golovkin in the ring saying that you're gonna fight him, say Mexicans dont back down an put the gloves back on and then say, oh Canelo is too small still, we'll fight a year and a half later. Don't want Brook in there but he gets major props for stepping up to the plate. Dont fault the fighters for trying to get that money but it has set the sport back twenty years. Think if Hagler, Hearns, Leonard and Duran pulled the (bleep) their pulling today???

And yet, dough, we hear nothing from the GBP cash cow apologist that is crying for everyone to discredit GGG (even though I really don't give him as much of a pass as you've mentioned). Before, it was Floyd and now Canelo. That's the only time we see the dude EVER comment in here. I still hold to what I had said a while back. I think that person has ulterior motives. It's clear, anytime anything is mentioned negatively about a GBP cash cow (e.g. Floyd before, Canelo now).

I just looked at the roster. I love the real King Kong. Could really do damage at heavyweight. Tricky Cuban Southpaw. Really love this dude. Like Jo Jo Diaz. Like Francisco Vargas. Jorge Linares is OK. BHop is a legend. And love Matthysse. Rest of the fighters really have zero substance as far as name recognition.

I mean I know there's the business side of it but they made Golovkin jump through hoops to get a shot at the title and instead of defending it, they dropped it and paying the sanctioning fees every time you fight has to kill GGG on those three belts. Canelo is so gifted yet coddled. His recent resume is nice but you only thought he could possibly lose the Floyd and Lara fights. Many think he would lose to GGG and I just don't want this fight to turn into a Manny Floyd scenario.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Manny coming back to fight?!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Arum said Broner wanted the same money which would be crazy. AB is barely a blip right now. Probably Jesse Vargas.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Yup.

Manny Pacquiao to return this fall to face unannounced opponent: Link

I hope he does not fight Crawford because Manny will lose that fight at this stage of his career.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:27 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Yup.

Manny Pacquiao to return this fall to face unannounced opponent: Link

I hope he does not fight Crawford because Manny will lose that fight at this stage of his career.

that would be an awesome fight though.. I can see them raising Terrence's star by beating an aging legend.. ala Floyd and gatti.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't be surprised if Crawford was on the list if he beats Postol. Manny is a natural 140er. Easy to make weight and easy to make fight.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject:

Boxing schedule!

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:37 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I skimmed through it. Didn't look good. I'll check it out thoroughly once I leave the gig. But from what I saw, wasn't pretty.

He really didn't look as good as he looked against Hopkins. From what I could tell on the interview, he did say he almost feels more comfortable fighting in the US, even though he loved having the opportunity to fight in front of his home crowd.

That said, he still dominated Chilemba and hurt him several times...but he better not fight like that against Dre, if he wants to win.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He really didn't look as good as he looked against Hopkins. From what I could tell on the interview, he did say he almost feels more comfortable fighting in the US, even though he loved having the opportunity to fight in front of his home crowd.

That said, he still dominated Chilemba and hurt him several times...but he better not fight like that against Dre, if he wants to win.

Something to keep in mind is that, the last time Kovalev fought there, he killed his opponent Drago-style. That fight probably had some impact on his performance this time.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Something to keep in mind is that, the last time Kovalev fought there, he killed his opponent Drago-style. That fight probably had some impact on his performance this time.

He wasn't using his jab like he was against Bernard, I think he underestimated Chilemba and was just looking for the overhand right. Then had him hurt so he thought it was just a matter of time. He probably just wanted to get through the fight and get on with focusing on Ward which is the biggest fight on par with Canelo-GGG for me personally.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject:

Terrence-Postol made into PPV, that is going to bomb terribly, as good as a fight as that is, I cant see myself dishing out the cash.
I would like to see Danny Garcia and Pacman made. They're considering him and that would be the most ideal guy for Manny. A name, undefeated but perfect match making for Mannys style to flourish.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject:

Thurman said he wants to fight manny.. that would be fun.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:10 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
Thurman said he wants to fight Manny.. that would be fun.

It would be but Thurman is a big welter and heavy handed, Porter is a damn linebacker and got stunned. I wanna see Manny leave with his hands raised against a non tomato can. Danny brings the payday and is a less of a risk in my opinion.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject:

The judges almost got it wrong in the Vasquez vs Diaz. First time I've seen a recalculation of score cards. The point the ref took for spitting the mouthpiece was the decider. I had Diaz winning. He was doing the most damage.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

It would be but Thurman is a big welter and heavy handed, Porter is a damn linebacker and got stunned. I wanna see Manny leave with his hands raised against a non tomato can. Danny brings the payday and is a less of a risk in my opinion.

they've said that about most bigger fighters that manny's faced.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Arreola had no chance against Wilder. It was a good stoppage.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject:

wilder broke his hand and tore his bicep?! dang son..
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject:

I understood the hand but the bicep? How'd he do that?

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Actually watched it through and forgot he was fighting Chilemba who's really awkward and just weird in the ring. That could be part of the reason why Kovalev looked bad. Chilemba really don't give you too much to hit at and when he does, he doesn't. 😐
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The judges almost got it wrong in the Vasquez vs Diaz. First time I've seen a recalculation of score cards. The point the ref took for spitting the mouthpiece was the decider. I had Diaz winning. He was doing the most damage.

Easy fight to judge. Vasquez was the pushed fighter and he was getting worked. Looks like he had his mouthpiece knocked out and his tooth went through his lip. Mouth was gruesome. Kinda made it hard to keep the mouthpiece in after that.

With that said, Diaz got in that ass. Period. A main reason why matches should go five rounds, nine rounds and 11 rounds. Would eliminate a (bleep) load of draws.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

they've said that about most bigger fighters that manny's faced.

Showtime vs HBO
Arum vs Haymon

They would have much work to do.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I understood the hand but the bicep? How'd he do that?

Crazy. Good stoppage and Arrelola is just done. Not even a gatekeeper. Just don't have the conditioning and the skills. I mean the way he throws his punches are terrible.

0-3 in title fights and all of them were stoppages. Wilder was fighting a heavy bag and I really like Chris. Good dude.

This really says a lot about Seth Mitchell because CA stopped him in the first at Indio.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:45 am    Post subject:

Arreola's body looks like he doesn't take training seriously. Dude should be wearing a bra.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 416, 417, 418 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 417 of 514
Jump to: