General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:22 am    Post subject:

You know, I believe to a degree you can be fit without completely looking like it, but the skills needed for boxing demand him to be much more in shape.

If he were say a sumo wrestler or a power lifter then this wouldn't be as much an issue.

But it's all his fault anyway, he's admitted many times he hasn't taken training seriously in the past.

Bye.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject:

He just doesn't have the skills. I've seen guys who were ripped and in tremendous shape and didn't have the skills to get it done. Gotta have those basics and Chris just doesn't have it.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject:

Agreed.

It wasn't just his fitness and conditioning, he was just
never championship material.

Bye.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:48 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Thurman said he wants to fight Manny.. that would be fun.

It would be but Thurman is a big welter and heavy handed, Porter is a damn linebacker and got stunned. I wanna see Manny leave with his hands raised against a non tomato can. Danny brings the payday and is a less of a risk in my opinion.

they've said that about most bigger fighters that manny's faced.

Showtime vs HBO
Arum vs Haymon

They would have much work to do.

Didn't khan just fight on HBO. He's advised by haymon. Dominic wade was a haymon fighter also and he fought triple g on HBO. Broner was going to but they couldn't agree on the money. The only thing stopping the fight is probably the money. Pacquiao has a contract with HBO. That's why it can't be on showtime. What network does Thurman have. It's usually something someone wants to use as an excuse like that coward Stevenson. After they had all but agreed to everything he wanted showtime to be part of the deal even though he doesn't have a contract with showtime and now he's calling out the winner of ward kovalev when he will probably have to fight either fighter on HBO
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:52 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
Thurman said he wants to fight Manny.. that would be fun.

It would be but Thurman is a big welter and heavy handed, Porter is a damn linebacker and got stunned. I wanna see Manny leave with his hands raised against a non tomato can. Danny brings the payday and is a less of a risk in my opinion.

they've said that about most bigger fighters that manny's faced.

Showtime vs HBO
Arum vs Haymon

They would have much work to do.

Didn't khan just fight on HBO. He's advised by haymon. Dominic wade was a haymon fighter also and he fought triple g on HBO. Broner was going to but they couldn't agree on the money. The only thing stopping the fight is probably the money. Pacquiao has a contract with HBO. That's why it can't be on showtime. What network does Thurman have. It's usually something someone wants to use as an excuse like that coward Stevenson. After they had all but agreed to everything he wanted showtime to be part of the deal even though he doesn't have a contract with showtime and now he's calling out the winner of ward kovalev when he will probably have to fight either fighter on HBO

Think Thurman is Showtime/CBS. Wade is virtually unknown and more than likely has no TV contract; and wasn't fighting an Arum fighter (K2).

With Stevenson, he was an HBO fighter under Haymon and he and up-in-coming Kovalev were collecting belts and was on a collision course at 75. Instead of fighting and settling it in the ring, Stevenson bolted to Showtime/CBS. Good move if the money is right. Punk move for the sport. Fight could have been easily made. No Arum/Haymon issue (Kovalev with Duva) and no network issue. Both were on HBO.

Stevenson also thought that Hopkins was going to fight him. BHop is with GBP but has no TV contract ties. So when Hop fought Kovalev instead, it left Stevenson in a bind and practically fighting lesser comp. Haymon has a good solid stable but the higher weight classes maybe rather iffy. Kovalev and Ward don't need Showtime and really don't need Stevenson. He (bleep) himself as far as legacy but he should make out alright by fighting lesser guys and getting a nice check from Uncle Al. Less the risk/million dollar check vs. facing Kovalev??? Obviously, he didn't choose the latter.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to see the fight tomorrow! I got Crawford by late stoppage. Postol will try to use his jab, but Crawford is too smart and skilled for him imo.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:25 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Can't wait to see the fight tomorrow! I got Crawford by late stoppage. Postol will try to use his jab, but Crawford is too smart and skilled for him imo.

I'll wait for the replay. I don't think Crawford is worth $60.00

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I'll wait for the replay. I don't think Crawford is worth $60.00

I get that they're (Crawford or Postol) not big names, but I'm hoping to show the promoters that people are willing to pay for the best fighting the best (#1 vs #2 in the division in this fight). Otherwise, we'll have casual fans continuing to buy garbage PPV events like Canelo/Smith and outnumbering the PPV buys of quality fights like this one. If that continues to happen, there may not be any motivation for the promoters to make the fights that the boxing fans claim to want (e.g., GGG/Canelo) in a timely fashion.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and betting prediction for tonight's Crawford vs. Postol fight on HBO PPV:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2016/07/crawford-vs-postol-prefight-analysis.html
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Here is my prefight analysis and betting prediction for tonight's Crawford vs. Postol fight on HBO PPV:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2016/07/crawford-vs-postol-prefight-analysis.html

Hard to really know what Postol's been up against but he looked cool and collected vs Hank Lundy and Lucas. I don't think he's ever seen real speed like Crawford but Freddie being in the corner definitely helps. I think Crawford turns it up and takes the late rounds for the UD.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject:

Anybody have a stream for tonight's fight?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anybody have a stream for tonight's fight?

Dimsports.eu go to fighting section and first link on the Crawford fight. I'm watching on Kodi so I can't give you a link
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Basically a clinic was put on. Bud Crawford is nice. Easy fight to pick but you never know in boxing. Just didn't like the 28 wins and 12 KO's on Postol's record even though he worked Matthysse.

Card wasn't worth the 60 andArum should be ashamed for making this PPV. More people would have watched if it was on HBO. This is the perfect time for Crawford to become a dick and have people tune in and pay to see him lose.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:59 am    Post subject:

Schedule for the weekend. Stephenson on Spike tonight and main event tomorrow isn't even what I'm looking forward to. I'm more looking forward to Mikey Garcia's return. I'm glad he finally got the dispute settled with Top Rank. I hope to hell that the time off has him even hungrier to wreck guys. Dude was a top 10 p4p guy on my list, prior to all the b.s.

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject:

Glad I didn't buy the Crawford vs. Postol fight (not that I ever even considered it). I did manage to catch a link of it.

I don't know what the Top Rank blow by blow guy saw, but I had it even after 4 rounds. The early rounds were much closer and Crawford typically starts slow anyway.

In the end, I think I had it 9 rounds to 3 for Crawford. Crawford said that if Manny does come back, he'd have to fight him at 140, which is actually Manny's ideal weight and the last "true" knockout that Manny had. I don't know that he is as dangerous as they're saying for Manny. It wasn't that long ago that Yuriorkis Gamboa was actually out boxing Crawford and actually had Crawford knocked down and stung at certain points in their fight. But...we all know that Gamboa's chin was supsect and as soon as he started getting carless, Crawford took advantage. Manny isn't as chinny as Gamboa, but just as fast and more accurate with his combinations. And Manny's defense/counterpunching is way underrated, so it'd be a very interesting and possibly entertaining fight, but I don't think it's actually a dangerous fight.

I like Bud a lot, but for some reason, I see Errol Spence being more of a dominating guy at 147 and if Terrence were to step up to 147, I think Errol Spence actually beats him.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Glad I didn't buy the Crawford vs. Postol fight (not that I ever even considered it). I did manage to catch a link of it.

I don't know what the Top Rank blow by blow guy saw, but I had it even after 4 rounds. The early rounds were much closer and Crawford typically starts slow anyway.

In the end, I think I had it 9 rounds to 3 for Crawford. Crawford said that if Manny does come back, he'd have to fight him at 140, which is actually Manny's ideal weight and the last "true" knockout that Manny had. I don't know that he is as dangerous as they're saying for Manny. It wasn't that long ago that Yuriorkis Gamboa was actually out boxing Crawford and actually had Crawford knocked down and stung at certain points in their fight. But...we all know that Gamboa's chin was supsect and as soon as he started getting carless, Crawford took advantage. Manny isn't as chinny as Gamboa, but just as fast and more accurate with his combinations. And Manny's defense/counterpunching is way underrated, so it'd be a very interesting and possibly entertaining fight, but I don't think it's actually a dangerous fight.

I like Bud a lot, but for some reason, I see Errol Spence being more of a dominating guy at 147 and if Terrence were to step up to 147, I think Errol Spence actually beats him.

Hmm i'ma have to look that Gamboa fight up.. the dude was definitely lighting up some fighters a few years back.

I'd love to see that Manny vs Crawford fight, i get the sense it would be a GREAT fight and it could be the fight that pushes Crawford up (mainstream wise).

How's everyone feeling about the Santa Cruz fight this weekend?
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject:

manny/crawford is going to happen. top rank will do it. and they need someone to replace manny..
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Hmm i'ma have to look that Gamboa fight up.. the dude was definitely lighting up some fighters a few years back.

I'd love to see that Manny vs Crawford fight, i get the sense it would be a GREAT fight and it could be the fight that pushes Crawford up (mainstream wise).

How's everyone feeling about the Santa Cruz fight this weekend?

If Santa Cruz fights like he did against Mares Frampton will be destroyed. If he wants to box with him he stands a good chance of losing. For Frampton though this is a big step up in class. He's never fought anyone of this status before.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject:

When is the Crawford vs. Postol fight going to be aired?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:01 am    Post subject:

Adonis Stevenson not only showed his power he show his chin. Thomas Williams Jr put the Everlast on it consistently. Williams has some power, he has 14KO's in his 20 fight. He wobbled Adonis a couple of times.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
When is the Crawford vs. Postol fight going to be aired?

A few times over the weekend. Heard the fight did 40-60k on ppv
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Adonis Stevenson not only showed his power he show his chin. Thomas Williams Jr put the Everlast on it consistently. Williams has some power, he has 14KO's in his 20 fight. He wobbled Adonis a couple of times.

Stevenson has a solid chin. Still has Kovalev problems. Gotta fight the Ward Kovalev winner.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Tony Harrison with a solid win. Touch jab. Straight right. BOOM.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:49 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Stevenson has a solid chin. Still has Kovalev problems. Gotta fight the Ward Kovalev winner.

He's gonna find 10 million excuses not to take that fight. Stevenson been duckin' for years already. That's one dude that I lost respect for, from a fan standpoint.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject:

I dunno, but I had Santa Cruz winning by a round or 2. I wasn't mad at the draw scorecard, but that fight was WAY closer than the 117-111 card. That was a wtf were you watching card.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 418 of 514
Jump to: