General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 443, 444, 445  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15205
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Who do you guys think will win Horn v. Crawford?



Crawford by murder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Wilder is so sloppy. AJ will knock him out.


I give AJ the edge, but I could see Wilder KO'ing him too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 1150

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Who do you guys think will win Horn v. Crawford?



Crawford by murder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject:

We're in for another Mayweather vs Pacquiao. Hype it for all it's worth. It's reminds me of how GGG was treated, wait for Wilder to age, Wilder is 3 years senior.

If the fight happens I like Wilder. Height, weight and reach are bout even, age is the largest difference. I like Wilder for his jab and underappreciated boxing ability. I think he'll keep Joshua at bay with it and land the big one. I like Wilder with a KO in 6.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Arlington, VA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Can't believe how dead this thread is on the eve of one of the better matchups in recent years LOL. Well here's my prediction for the fight:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2017/12/lomachenko-vs-rigondeaux-prefight.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
Can't believe how dead this thread is on the eve of one of the better matchups in recent years LOL. Well here's my prediction for the fight:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2017/12/lomachenko-vs-rigondeaux-prefight.html

Casual fans don't really know either fighter. They've clocked 17 fights combined. There hasn't been a lot of promotion for the contest. Should be a good fight. Lomachenko did beat a good fighter Gary Russel Jr.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Rigondeaux quit. This was a bigger farce then Garcia and Canelo. Big disappointment.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15205
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Rigo quit. Axman quit. Wtf. Iíd be pissed if I spent a G to sit on the floor.

Loma makiní these fools tap out. Rigo just didnít throw enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject:

When Rigo got real low I thought he was trying to sucker Lomo into a from the floor up right hand. Lousy fight from opening bell to staying on the stool.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15205
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Get a big matchup and its a huge let down ........ ironically, it's attached to Uncle Bob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 1013

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:40 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Rigo quit. Axman quit. Wtf. Iíd be pissed if I spent a G to sit on the floor.

Loma makiní these fools tap out. Rigo just didnít throw enough.
The fight should've never been made in the first place because Rigo is too small and old to compete with someone like Loma.

He needs to fight Mikey.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
NickDaQwik
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject:

Why are we not giving lomachenko more props for this win? Yes, Rigo is older and came.up 2 weight divisions. But he was an undefeated top p4per, 2x gold medalist with an amateur record on par with loma's. Loma broke him down and clearly outclassed a man who's taken down everyone he's faced. Weak fight? Yes. But c'mon, another fighter, a great fighter no less, quitting on the stool vs nomas'chenko? Impressive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7181

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

Rigo couldn't touch Loma at all, not a single clean shot... give Loma the credit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject:

I'd like to see him go against Rances Barthelemy. I thought Rances clocked Argenis Mendez at the bell. What do you guys think about that match up and did you think the punch was at or after the bell?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Apr 2004
Posts: 227
Location: Arlington, VA

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:24 am    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for Saunders vs. Lemieux: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2017/12/david-lemieux-vs-billy-joe-saunders.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 687

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:55 am    Post subject:

I know its a little late, but oh my......

This guy Loma is something else. To completely neutralize and demoralize someone of that caliber is a career defining fight. Rigo simply had no answer, it seemed like he wanted to bait Vasyli into one of his counters the whole night, but when he realized that Loma wasn't letting up on the pressure, I think he realized that he had no answer and used the "bruise" on his hand to end it early.

Fighting Loma must feel like playing video games on "hall of fame" level where the AI is just 3 steps ahead every time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject:

Lemieux vs Saunders was Mayweather, Pacquiao like. Billy Joe flat outboxed David. Same with Antoine Douglas Vs Gary O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan wanted Douglas to stand and fight, Antoine stuck with his game plan and marked Gary up.

O'Sullivan's frustration was obvious. He cracked me up ask the ref to make Douglas stop running. Ref told him "I can't do that!"

If you like the sweet science these were your kind of fights. If you like brawls, you most likely were bored.

Osei You called this as if you'd already seen the fight.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7181

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lemieux vs Saunders was Mayweather, Pacquiao like. Billy Joe flat outboxed David. Same with Antoine Douglas Vs Gary O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan wanted Douglas to stand and fight, Antoine stuck with his game plan and marked Gary up.

O'Sullivan's frustration was obvious. He cracked me up ask the ref to make Douglas stop running. Ref told him "I can't do that!"

If you like the sweet science these were your kind of fights. If you like brawls, you most likely were bored.

Osei You called this as if you'd already seen the fight.


O'Sullivan was the moustache that knocked out Antoine Douglas. I think you're describing Ulessys fight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lemieux vs Saunders was Mayweather, Pacquiao like. Billy Joe flat outboxed David. Same with Antoine Douglas Vs Gary O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan wanted Douglas to stand and fight, Antoine stuck with his game plan and marked Gary up.

O'Sullivan's frustration was obvious. He cracked me up ask the ref to make Douglas stop running. Ref told him "I can't do that!"

If you like the sweet science these were your kind of fights. If you like brawls, you most likely were bored.

Osei You called this as if you'd already seen the fight.


O'Sullivan was the moustache that knocked out Antoine Douglas. I think you're describing Ulessys fight

You're correct sir. Thank you.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 7181

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lemieux vs Saunders was Mayweather, Pacquiao like. Billy Joe flat outboxed David. Same with Antoine Douglas Vs Gary O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan wanted Douglas to stand and fight, Antoine stuck with his game plan and marked Gary up.

O'Sullivan's frustration was obvious. He cracked me up ask the ref to make Douglas stop running. Ref told him "I can't do that!"

If you like the sweet science these were your kind of fights. If you like brawls, you most likely were bored.

Osei You called this as if you'd already seen the fight.


O'Sullivan was the moustache that knocked out Antoine Douglas. I think you're describing Ulessys fight

You're correct sir. Thank you.


Saunders... Can this guy dance fast enough for somebody like GGG? (His foot work was impressive)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Lemieux vs Saunders was Mayweather, Pacquiao like. Billy Joe flat outboxed David. Same with Antoine Douglas Vs Gary O'Sullivan. O'Sullivan wanted Douglas to stand and fight, Antoine stuck with his game plan and marked Gary up.

O'Sullivan's frustration was obvious. He cracked me up ask the ref to make Douglas stop running. Ref told him "I can't do that!"

If you like the sweet science these were your kind of fights. If you like brawls, you most likely were bored.

Osei You called this as if you'd already seen the fight.


O'Sullivan was the moustache that knocked out Antoine Douglas. I think you're describing Ulessys fight

You're correct sir. Thank you.


Saunders... Can this guy dance fast enough for somebody like GGG? (His foot work was impressive)


I don't think he'd be able to stay away from GGG for 12. Gennady knows how to cut the ring off. Billy Joe's said to have a good chin, he'll need it. Also, GGG's boxing skills are underrated.

Brook: Saunders is the right opponent to beat GGG (Takes awhile for the video to load)

LINK
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 May 2001
Posts: 11766
Location: West LA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject:

What's up everyone! Been MIA past couple months. Been a pretty rough November and December, but still been watching boxing recordings when things settled down.

Just had to stop in and visit to give my take on Fight of the Year, which I think has to go to Joshua vs. Klitschko. Looking forward to seeing the winner of Wilder vs. Ortiz going up against Joshua.

Lots of fights to look forward to in the New Year, for sure.
_________________
Just chill and watch the new Dynasty evolve...

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1638

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

^thoughts on Loma banking an impressive string of 'No Mas's" ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 42124
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
^thoughts on Loma banking an impressive string of 'No Mas's" ?


Won RTD last 4! Looking at his Boxrec. Other than Garry Russell Jr. has he fought any top 10 fighters? I'd like to see him in with Rances Barthelemy

http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/659771
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 May 2001
Posts: 11766
Location: West LA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
^thoughts on Loma banking an impressive string of 'No Mas's" ?


NoMasChenko! Very impressed and entertained by Loma.
_________________
Just chill and watch the new Dynasty evolve...

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 443, 444, 445  Next
Page 444 of 445
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB