General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1854

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Is Joshua X Wilder a "Superfight?"

Joshua is a decent draw but still on the lower scale compared to the lower weights.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24272

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Is Joshua X Wilder a "Superfight?"

Joshua is a decent draw but still on the lower scale compared to the lower weights.


Joshua's draw is in Europe and specifically England. Think Joshua/Klitschko did 1.5M buys in England alone on top of selling out Wembley stadium.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1854

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

hmmm... I guess it would definitely be a superfight then!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24272

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
hmmm... I guess it would definitely be a superfight then!


I'm pumped for it. Not a huge boxing fan (more of an MMA guy) but it's always great to see these juggernauts go at it.

If Joshua wins in spectacular fashion, this is going to catapult him to the next level. Guy has everything to be an even more massive star...the looks, the physique, the charisma and the skills.
_________________
Never wanted him anyways! Bron/Kawhi 2019!!! Choo Choo!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Joshua called out Wilder. Says Deontay has to come across the pond to get it done.



As he should ... he made 18M (USD) .... Parker made a measly 9M (USD)

Parker has never seen that much cake ......


Who's calling the shots???? Wilder made 2M fighting Ortiz who made 500K, which after taxes is 275K and after paying his camp, hopefully King Kong got outta there with 200K.

They fight when Joshua wants to fight. Wilder has zero say in this. Joshua could fight a stop sign and make 10M (USD) easily

Parker gave Joshua all he wanted. I thought it was closer than the score cards.118-110 twice and 119-109. I had it 116 112 Joshua. Did you score it? If so, how.


117-111 ..... Parker had moments but just thought he didnt do enough and was just overmatched size wise. Ref was pretty brutal but just thought most of the meaningful moments went Joshua's way.

Ill watch it again and probably come up with a different score but Joshua won for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:55 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Finally looks like Joshua vs Wilder is unavoidable

Joshua can also use Fury as leverage so Wilder just gonna have to accept his terms


you would think but it's avoidable .... like you stated, Joshua can use Fury as leverage to make Wilder take a lowball number, like 10M but to Wilder, that's a huge payday. Even Uncle Al Haymon can't save his ass. Hearn has all the leverage. Wilder can't ask for 50/50 when he can't even fill up Barclays.

Wilder got on television and said Joshua make the bigger lootage fighting in America .... lol ..... Joshua don't need America. Dude just put 75K+ in a stadium, made 18M in US loot, picked up a fourth belt, the WBO, to add to his WBA, IBF and minor IBO belts. Dude is playing chess with three queens on the board.

He could say, F Wilder, I'm gonna fight Fury and would probably pocket 20M+ because the Brits are that crazy about the dude. They're rapidly approaching the Latinos when it comes to boxing. And no one is making that kinda money anymore. Last one was Floyd. Canelo possibly after PPV numbers but Josh is a tremendously great position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
Is Joshua X Wilder a "Superfight?"

Joshua is a decent draw but still on the lower scale compared to the lower weights.


it's a big fight. Wouldn't call it a Super fight in America. Dont think we'll have those for a while. We need another huge draw in the states.

Ali-Frazier I was a super fight. Leonard-Hearns. Hagler-Hearn. Hagler-Leonard. Leonard-Duran I and II. Those were fight that made you say, damn I need this money for my gas bill. Well, we can eat cold cuts and take cold showers for a couple weeks. I gotta pay for this fight.

Dont think Wilder v. Joshua is on that level but it is a fight that's sparked a lot of interest moreso overseas than here. It's possibly a super fight in England because they no longer have to sit back and watch America dominate the sport. They have the multiple belt champ and they follow the pied piper everywhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 8604

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:41 am    Post subject:

Itís time for Wilder-Joshua... it will be a super fight. US v UK, tactical polish v Wild(Er), undefeated KO artist v undefeated KO artist. Canít wait

Joshua and Parker werenít aggressive at all, yeah they were tactical but both fought not to get hit, no risk taken at all. Stark contrast to Wilder-King Kong fight. Joshua wonít be able to Ďplay it safeí against Wilder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43525
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject:

Wilder vs Joshua will be a SuperFight in the UK. I don't know about the US. If I were a promoter I'd stage the fight in the UK because I believe it will draw more audience there. The US draw will add to totals. Overall bigger payday if fight is held in the UK.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilder vs Joshua will be a SuperFight in the UK. I don't know about the US. If I were a promoter I'd stage the fight in the UK because I believe it will draw more audience there. The US draw will add to totals. Overall bigger payday if fight is held in the UK.



Yup. It would sell out in Vegas primarily because Hearn would bring over 30k Brits with 15k holding tickets to the venue. It would basically be a home game for Joshua in Vegas. Host it in England on PPV. Rake in the dough and if Parker is leaving with 9M, Wilderís leaving with probably 12-15M. Joshua would see 25M+. That British Pound is nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16109

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
22 wrote:
Finally looks like Joshua vs Wilder is unavoidable

Joshua can also use Fury as leverage so Wilder just gonna have to accept his terms


you would think but it's avoidable .... like you stated, Joshua can use Fury as leverage to make Wilder take a lowball number, like 10M but to Wilder, that's a huge payday. Even Uncle Al Haymon can't save his ass. Hearn has all the leverage. Wilder can't ask for 50/50 when he can't even fill up Barclays.

Wilder got on television and said Joshua make the bigger lootage fighting in America .... lol ..... Joshua don't need America. Dude just put 75K+ in a stadium, made 18M in US loot, picked up a fourth belt, the WBO, to add to his WBA, IBF and minor IBO belts. Dude is playing chess with three queens on the board.

He could say, F Wilder, I'm gonna fight Fury and would probably pocket 20M+ because the Brits are that crazy about the dude. They're rapidly approaching the Latinos when it comes to boxing. And no one is making that kinda money anymore. Last one was Floyd. Canelo possibly after PPV numbers but Josh is a tremendously great position.


Canít disagree with anything here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 2922
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Once again Wilders management team is not serving him well Dibella is just doing boxing basics, but who the hell is managing his brand? With his big personality and his record, my god he is the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world with multiple title defenses and leaves the opposition face down in the ring. And you can't market that guy? Come on, the LG community could do a better job than his representation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:47 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Once again Wilders management team is not serving him well Dibella is just doing boxing basics, but who the hell is managing his brand? With his big personality and his record, my god he is the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world with multiple title defenses and leaves the opposition face down in the ring. And you can't market that guy? Come on, the LG community could do a better job than his representation.



He just did an interview with the Breakfast Club in New York and was on the NFL NETWORK last week. Theyíre trying. Dude is charismatic. May have to go the Floyd route and become a full fledge a-hole to get people to pay to watch him lose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 2922
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:34 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Once again Wilders management team is not serving him well Dibella is just doing boxing basics, but who the hell is managing his brand? With his big personality and his record, my god he is the undefeated heavyweight champion of the world with multiple title defenses and leaves the opposition face down in the ring. And you can't market that guy? Come on, the LG community could do a better job than his representation.



He just did an interview with the Breakfast Club in New York and was on the NFL NETWORK last week. Theyíre trying. Dude is charismatic. May have to go the Floyd route and become a full fledge a-hole to get people to pay to watch him lose.


That would be a (bleep) shame.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1854

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject:

^yeah, I'd rather he stay true to himself. i don't see him doing any better trying to pretend he's something he's not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 43525
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

There will never be another Ali, there will never be another Floyd.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 14879
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject:

GGG vs Canelo II is off while Canelo faces doping charges from Nevada St. Athletic Commission.

LINK
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 22 Nov 2004
Posts: 25649

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
GGG vs Canelo II is off while Canelo faces doping charges from Nevada St. Athletic Commission.

LINK


LOL
_________________
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 1854

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:41 am    Post subject:

would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:57 pm    Post subject:

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.



yup. they should but i dont think it's enough time but it shouldnt be hard to sell. for all the 160 belts and have it in the UK where Saunders is from. It would give them a shot to see GGG. That would be crazy and in front of 70K.

Hate to say it but 70K beats 15K any day of the week.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17065
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Can't wait for Joshua v Wilder.
Joshua's is a little too stiff and robotic in the ring for my liking. I slightly prefer Wilder's unorthodox approach.
Despite being the superior knockout artist, Wilder would probably be the underdog.

I'm not buying Canelo's tainted meat excuse. And I actually rooted for him when he fought GGG.
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2011
Posts: 1993

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather watch daniel jacobs vs billy joe saunders than GGG vs one of those. I honestly thought Jacobs vs GGG was an easy decision. Sure Jacobs picked it up at the end but GGG clearly won. Don't need to see that fight again. Saunders needs to fight one more top guy to get a GGG fight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
loslakersss
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Dec 2008
Posts: 8186
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Well Canelo killed his rep with this.

At this point why don't they just fight somewhere else (if GGG still wants to)?
_________________
LAKERS-DODGERS-BUCCANEERS-KINGS-GALAXY-TROJANS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 2922
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.



yup. they should but i dont think it's enough time but it shouldnt be hard to sell. for all the 160 belts and have it in the UK where Saunders is from. It would give them a shot to see GGG. That would be crazy and in front of 70K.

Hate to say it but 70K beats 15K any day of the week.


Saunders has a hand injury thats why he postponed the Martin Murray fight until June.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Posts: 15238
Location: Southern California

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:
would love to see a Danny Jacobs rematch. but they'll probably get a Billy Joe Saunders or something.



yup. they should but i dont think it's enough time but it shouldnt be hard to sell. for all the 160 belts and have it in the UK where Saunders is from. It would give them a shot to see GGG. That would be crazy and in front of 70K.

Hate to say it but 70K beats 15K any day of the week.


Saunders has a hand injury thats why he postponed the Martin Murray fight until June.



I donít see them ever fighting. Golovkin might as well attempt to move up. Fighting Charlo will be tough because of the networks. Thatís why Hearn had Jacobs sign with HBO so there would be no road blocks on a potential GGG rematch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 447, 448, 449, 450, 451, 452  Next
Page 448 of 452
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB