General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 453, 454, 455 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

he's been done well before the pac fight.

If he didn't get that fight he coulda took several more small fights against lesser opponents for some purses here & there but with the 2 Mill from the Pac fight was well enough to call a career.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

DAYUM!!!! Sergey got KDFO. I had him ahead in the fight 59 56. Roy Jones said he's done at 35.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DAYUM!!!! Sergey got KDFO. I had him ahead in the fight 59 56. Roy Jones said he's done at 35.

Those were some nice looking combinations by Alvarez to put him down. I don't know how Kovalev got up from that second one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:20 am    Post subject:

Watched the Dmitry Bivol vs Isaac Chilemba fight. No contest. Bivol dominated from the opening bell. He's a boxer, good defense with nice combos and movement. Roy Jones was in Chilemba's corner. Alvarez vs Bivol would be a great contest.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Ward took his soul. Kovalev is definitely done.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:47 am    Post subject:

Kovalev didn’t look obvious done in the fight, just look like he found his match... although it’s somewhat similar to how Joshua took the belt from Klitschko (Alvarez took Kovalev’s best shot and survived)

Bivol was dominating in the early rounds but looked like he got lazy/played it safe in the second half... but 20+ rds or getting hit only in single digit punches is impressive, Mayweather-esque
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 am    Post subject:

I think Alvarez going toe to toe when he got hit surprised Sergey, it did me. I thought that was a mistake. Turned out that's what took Kovalev out of the fight. Eleider beat him at his own game. Alvarez took Sergey's best and kept coming. The key was Alvarez's jab. Kept Kovalev off balance. He set him up for that overhand right with it. I saw it coming in the first round. Alvarez wasn't supposed to have the power to take Sergey out. HERE'S THE KO

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I think Alvarez going toe to toe when he got hit surprised Sergey, it did me. I thought that was a mistake. Turned out that's what took Kovalev out of the fight. Eleider beat him at his own game. Alvarez took Sergey's best and kept coming. The key was Alvarez's jab. Kept Kovalev off balance. He set him up for that overhand right with it. I saw it coming in the first round. Alvarez wasn't supposed to have the power to take Sergey out. HERE'S THE KO

Yeah, kovalev is not the top guy after yesterday but I don’t think he’s done done. I thought he kinda ‘figured out’ Alvarez after couple rounds but the power wasn’t there. He’s still good for couple entertaining fights. What u think of Bivol? He showed enough? I thought he kinda just cruise, wish he tried to end the fight earlier
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yeah, kovalev is not the top guy after yesterday but I don’t think he’s done done. I thought he kinda ‘figured out’ Alvarez after couple rounds but the power wasn’t there. He’s still good for couple entertaining fights. What u think of Bivol? He showed enough? I thought he kinda just cruise, wish he tried to end the fight earlier

I like Bivol. He's a boxer, puncher. I thought he could have won by KO, TKO. He seemed to think he had it in the bag and was just putting in some work. Alvarez has a slight advantage in bouts, Alvarez 24, Bivol 14. Judging by what I saw with Alvarez vs Kovalez and Bivol vs Chilemba I give him a slight edge. He has a better KO% 79% to 50% for Alvarez. I also think he's a better boxer. Alvarez showed surprising power in the fight with Sergey. I think it would be a great fight. Also they're not PPV fighters so HBO or SHOWTIME will air the fight.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Prefight analysis and prediction for Garcia vs. Porter: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/09/danny-garcia-vs-shawn-porter-prefight.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

BUMP; A reminder the fight Danny Garcia (34-1, 20 KO's) vs Shawn Porter (28-2-1, 17 KO's) is on SHOWTIME 6:00pm PST

Osei wrote:
Prefight analysis and prediction for Garcia vs. Porter: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2018/09/danny-garcia-vs-shawn-porter-prefight.html

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BUMP; A reminder the fight Danny Garcia (34-1, 20 KO's) vs Shawn Porter (28-2-1, 17 KO's) is on SHOWTIME 6:00pm PST

Osei wrote:

This one will be good! I got Porter by UD.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Osei wrote:

This one will be good! I got Porter by UD.

I like Shawn also. Danny's a fighter I don't think put his all into it. Shawn's a warrior. He goes bell to bell with bad intentions.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

I thought Danny tried to take away Porter’s ‘rush attacks’ by clinching and not letting Porter spun him to the corner/ropes in the early rounds and it worked but Porter was relentless and never stopped pressing, eventually figured out his timing by 4th rd. Garcia never seem to find his timing and looked quite a bit slower than Porter. Porter is strong
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I thought Danny tried to take away Porter’s ‘rush attacks’ by clinching and not letting Porter spun him to the corner/ropes in the early rounds and it worked but Porter was relentless and never stopped pressing, eventually figured out his timing by 4th rd. Garcia never seem to find his timing and looked quite a bit slower than Porter. Porter is strong

Yeah, Danny's strategy (of clinching) was reasonable - Kell Brook did it quite a bit with success in his win vs. Porter. Difference is Brook is naturally a bit bigger than Garcia so was able to clinch more effectively.

Yeah, it's hard to find timing against an awkward, athletic guy like Porter - one of the main reasons I figured he'd win the fight...
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
governator wrote:

Yeah, Danny's strategy (of clinching) was reasonable - Kell Brook did it quite a bit with success in his win vs. Porter. Difference is Brook is naturally a bit bigger than Garcia so was able to clinch more effectively.

Yeah, it's hard to find timing against an awkward, athletic guy like Porter - one of the main reasons I figured he'd win the fight...

Monday morning QB-ing, Garcia should’ve fight to win, not to avoid defeat. Be the precision power puncher that you are, fight thru the risks of getting hit but get the chance to win the fight (easier said than done lol but as a fan watching, wish he did that.

Porter, man, this dude is one strong athletic boxer
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:27 am    Post subject:

This fight was closer than some cards had it. I had it 115 114. IMO this fight could have gone either way. I gave it to Porter on aggression.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Anybody else lurk on boxingforum24? I like reading all the hot takes, but I wish there was more boxing analysis.

I'm rooting for Canelo, but if I had to bet my life on the match. I'd bet on GGG.

The heavyweight division is the most interesting to me right now. I want to say Joshua is the best hands down. But he looks like an overly compact boxer to me.

Wilder would have the slight height and reach advantage head to head. And the Fury who fought Klitschko could jab Joshua to death. But I don't think that Fury is coming back anytime soon. And there's a good chance that Fury is gone for good.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject:

I'm rooting for GGG all the way but I just wanna see another good match. It will be interesting to see which fighter learned the most from the first fight.

Hopefully, they'll get some good judges this time instead of those clowns from last time.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I'm rooting for GGG all the way but I just wanna see another good match. It will be interesting to see which fighter learned the most from the first fight.

Hopefully, they'll get some good judges this time instead of those clowns from last time.

yea man, that 118-112 was a joke. GGG impressed me by taking Canelo's clean shots in the first fight and continue to press. I think we gonna see a KO this time, I hope GGG pulls thru
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject:

Somebody's gonna get KDFO. I think it will be Canelo. GGG took his best shots and kept coming. I thought Gennady won the last fight. He was more aggressive. FULL FIGHT

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I thought Gennady won the last fight.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

yea man, that 118-112 was a joke. GGG impressed me by taking Canelo's clean shots in the first fight and continue to press. I think we gonna see a KO this time, I hope GGG pulls thru

The judge scored it 118-110, which means the corrupt (bleep) claimed Canelo won 10 rounds to 2! I got GGG winning by mid-round (6-8) KO this time.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

I want to get excited about boxing but I'm disappointed every time. The judging is so crooked that it's hard not to view it as WWE-level entertainment. It's been that way for decades now.

If a friend wants to pay for the fight, I'll watch but I've been burned too many times to spend the money to watch at home.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

The judge scored it 118-110, which means the corrupt (bleep) claimed Canelo won 10 rounds to 2! I got GGG winning by mid-round (6-8) KO this time.

I found it difficult to give Canelo any rounds. I scraped out 2.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 453, 454, 455 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 454 of 514
Jump to: