General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:07 pm    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/5rDR7V5.png

These are the kind of decisions that give fighting a black eye. GGG won first and second fight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Boxing is the most racially divisive sport in the world.
My hispanic friends think Canelo won. My white friends think GGG won.
Gonna watch the fight now. I'm downloading it.
Can't wait to dissect the fight.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

If GGG was Floyd, he'd be 2-0 against Canelo. He just doesn't have the name and the gravitas to win this type of fight. Boxing is so gross.

"Follow the money..." indeed. Tony Atlas nails it as usual.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I know a few Mexicans that agree GGG won. It's funny cause, I saw a clip on YouTube (some dude recording his tv, he was watching azteca tv in Mexico I believe) and their unofficial scorekeeper had golovkin ahead in the end. It was a very very close fight, I could see it going either way until the championship rounds...that's were GGG imposed himself the most.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Well just remember that Canelo was given a 114-114 card against Mayweather, so...he's unbeatable on the scorecards. GGG should've pressed the fight earlier. He knew he couldn't let it go to a decision.

With that said, it was a close fight that GGG should've won 115-113 or 114-114 draw. No point in a third fight. He's going to be a year older. No way he beats Nelo anymore.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Just finished watching the fight. I had GGG winning the first fight.
This one I think was a draw.

Shame on GGG for ignoring Canelo's body. He head hunted.... the whole fight. What a waste.
Kudos to Canelo for controlling the center of the ring. He landed more power shots. And GGG landed more shots overall.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I know a few Mexicans that agree GGG won. It's funny cause, I saw a clip on YouTube (some dude recording his tv, he was watching azteca tv in Mexico I believe) and their unofficial scorekeeper had golovkin ahead in the end. It was a very very close fight, I could see it going either way until the championship rounds...that's were GGG imposed himself the most.

I have it as a draw. Canelo I had winning the early rounds. GGG's jab was the most efficient punch of the fight (landed with the best accuracy). But I do think Canelo landed more power shots and controlled the center of the ring.
There are at least 3 rounds you could score either way.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject:

As for the "Latinos think Canelo won" thing, it's worth pointing out that Filipinos were adamant that Pacquiao won the fight against Floyd, also, when he got badly outclassed. Now, Pacquiao's fight against Horn? Yeah, that was a total robbery. That, actually, was the second-to-last fight I watched. That's the decision that finally set me over the edge and I swore off watching the sport any longer, save for the Mayweather-McGregor fight. I only watched that because I just wanted to see the spectacle.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:39 am    Post subject:

^ I think we're all a little sensitive to the results of this fight, because GGG hands down won the 1st fight.
The fight tonight was VERY close., unlike the 1st matchup. If Canelo was fighting a younger GGG. No way this goes the distance. But this is now the 3rd GGG fight in a row that went all the way.
And he was unfairly punished for not being the aggressor.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
^ I think we're all a little sensitive to the results of this fight, because GGG hands down won the 1st fight.
The fight tonight was VERY close., unlike the 1st matchup. If Canelo was fighting a younger GGG. No way this goes the distance. But this is now the 3rd GGG fight in a row that went all the way.

What about the non white, non latino folks (we need an LG poll... is it racist to include race in the poll, I'm kinda curious)?
I think Canelo edge GGG by a hair, those early rounds, maybe up to 5 or 6 with Canelo controlling the ring and not backing down might have got him majority of the rounds. The later rounds GGG was definitely better but also not by much
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:45 am    Post subject:

Mungia... Beast!!! but kinda suspect he not really a middleweight
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

I gave GGG the fight. This is not an all out robbery though, Canelo came out determined and was really beating GGG early on. I was very impressed. GGG did finally take over the fight I thought in the 5th, 6th rounds area. I thought it was a close fight. Thought GGG won or it was a draw. Not a huge shocker though that Canelo got the decision.

P.S. Im Mexican.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

What about the non white, non latino folks (we need an LG poll... is it racist to include race in the poll, I'm kinda curious)?
I think Canelo edge GGG by a hair, those early rounds, maybe up to 5 or 6 with Canelo controlling the ring and not backing down might have got him majority of the rounds. The later rounds GGG was definitely better but also not by much
I had GGG winning rounds 1,3,5. Canelo controlling the inside of the ring was by design (don't know why everyone is saying canelo was controlling the fight or that canelo was the agressor, I mean he was, but by design). GGG was fighting the big man fight. He was letting canelo throw a high volume of punches while standing upright and throwing the Jab (head hunting) allowing Canelo to hit his body. Obv Canelo is strong and dealt a few good body hits causing GGG to back up. GGG is older. Was gasping at points. But won the majority of the championship rounds. It was an amazing fight. Would've been most happy with a Draw or GGG as the winner.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
If GGG was Floyd, he'd be 2-0 against Canelo. He just doesn't have the name and the gravitas to win this type of fight. Boxing is so gross.

"Follow the money..." indeed. Tony Atlas nails it as usual.

Boxing promoters know their audience. They know they will pay for a big boxing match. My neighbor whenever there was a big fight used to have a BBQ and have tons of friends over. It would be an excuse for a social gathering. The fact that there were so few big fights in a calendar year is the reason why you have the rematch phenomenon. Also most people aren't big fight fans so they know that there are a few big names that attract the casual fight fans. This is why I'm not surprised to see multiple GGG-Canelo matches or the Mayweather-Pacman rematch.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

I thought GGG won, but I was not surprised to see Canelo receive the decision. It was an incredible fight and closer than the first, so I am not too disappointed. However, it sucks for GGG and his team since they likely won't do better in a trilogy fight.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

Mod, do a poll GGG v Canelo
2 - 0
1 - 1
0 - 2
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
2 - 0
1 - 1
0 - 2
I have read several boxing forums. Seen several scorecards from different media sites (GGG narrowly winning). All pretty much have the same conclusion. GGG won both fights. Most polls on the second fight I've seen have GGG winning 65%, Canelo Winning 20%, and a Draw at 15% It's not even a debate anymore. Canelo really gave it to him. But in the eyes of the majority, GGG still inched it out.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
2 - 0
1 - 1
0 - 2

Won both fights 2-0

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Is JOSHUA VS. POVETKIN going to be televised?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

in the US, only live streamed on DAZN ( LINK ) It is $9.99 a month....but they offer a one month free trial....so you could sign up, watch, and cancel without being charged (I assume).
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Solid scrap. Could have gone either way. Love Canelo coming forward but it wasn’t any real pressure like Golovkin did in the first fight. If it were real pressure, GGG’s back would have been on the ropes and it wasn’t. Dude basically kept the fight in the middle of the ring.

He should have traded but stuck with the jab. Not mad at the decision. Take away Byrd’s crazy card and all the rest were 115-113 or 114-114.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

in the US, only live streamed on DAZN ( LINK ) It is $9.99 a month....but they offer a one month free trial....so you could sign up, watch, and cancel without being charged (I assume).

Thanks. Think I'll wait for it to come to TV. I don't trust those free trials.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject:

AJ the diva with a ridiculous ring walk. Hope Wilder gets him after Fury.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject:

did not watch, but Joshua defeated Povetkin with a 7th Round TKO. I guess from reports, Povetkin looked better than expected through 6.

Last edited by adkindo on Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Full fight LINK Go Full screen for a better view.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 457 of 514
Jump to: