View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject:

ronnyjeremy wrote:
Quote:
Boxing Insider.com ‏@BoxingInsider
Floyd Mayweather vs Marcos Maidana is official for Sept 13 with Golden Boy (w/o Shaefer) & Mayweather promoting.

Floyd runs away from Pacquiao AGAIN. Hopefully this time the fight isn't rigged and the win goes to Maidana.

How is he running away from Pacquiao?

Maidana gave him a good fight and Maidana is the only realistic opponent available in September.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject:

The world is crumbling. Two things Floyd doesn't do are happening. He is working with GBP right after he said he wouldn't. We all know "Floyd don't do rematches", well guess what? Maybe he doesn't write his stuff in stone after all.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Drifts wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
No one wants to see Manny Vs Algerie. This is a damned joke and an insult to the fans

I think that would be fun to watch... there are no other fights for Manny from what I hear.

for Manny, fighting a boxer like Algeri, it'll be a tune up for a rumored 2015 fight with Mayweather.
well, there is no way im going to pay big ppv bucks for that. im good!

Arum would have to throw this on HBO a la Tyson vs Douglass. Just can't see dropping 55 bones for a (bleep) undercard and Manny vs. a fighter most people still don't know who the hell he is.

Like Drifts said, the only thing I can see this being is a tune up for May. And that even isn't guaranteed.

Even if you know who the hell Algeri is, its not worth paying for. You know your going to get a guy that runs more then Floyd. Thats not fun! While it may be effective in winning, its not fun to watch for the fan that wants action.

Naw. This fight isn't PPV worthy. It's like when Tyson was the cash cow, Tyson vs Douglass wasn't PPV worthy. I saw that on HBO I think. The mega fights should be PPV. Canelo v Lara isn't PPV worthy. Floyd v Maidana may barely be PPV worthy because 850k is decent. Manny vs Algeri is not PPV material. That should be on HBO and Uncle Bob's sinile ass knows it. He said when promoters put on (bleep) cards, we should boycott them. So does he want us to boycott that garbage?

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
The world is crumbling. Two things Floyd doesn't do are happening. He is working with GBP right after he said he wouldn't. We all know "Floyd don't do rematches", well guess what? Maybe he doesn't write his stuff in stone after all.

Mayweather Promotions really isn't strong enough to carry this by himself and he couldn't fight Maidana unless he dealt with Golden Boy. Even though Maidana is repped by Haymon, he's still apart of that GBP family. Probably the best fight for him.

Maybe next he'll fight Manny. He has to do something with those 154 titles soon. Other than Canelo and Lara, really nothing at 54. I look for those belts to become vacant.

If all goes well, GBP and Top Rank go Cinco de Mayo weekend, Cotto vs Canelo and Floyd vs Manny on one card. They so that, it would put boxing fans back in the good graces of the promoters. Undercard could be stacked with Broner vs. ProVo. Garcia/Matthysse 2. And maybe Porter vs. Maidana.

Those four fights on a PPV card, 75 x 3 million buys - what would Top Rank, May Pro, MP, and GBP do with 225 million not counting the gate? Would the parties be able to work with Haymon? HBO or Showtime? The possibilities.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Mayweather Promotions really isn't strong enough to carry this by himself and he couldn't fight Maidana unless he dealt with Golden Boy. Even though Maidana is repped by Haymon, he's still apart of that GBP family. Probably the best fight for him.

Maybe next he'll fight Manny. He has to do something with those 154 titles soon. Other than Canelo and Lara, really nothing at 54. I look for those belts to become vacant.

If all goes well, GBP and Top Rank go Cinco de Mayo weekend, Cotto vs Canelo and Floyd vs Manny on one card. They so that, it would put boxing fans back in the good graces of the promoters. Undercard could be stacked with Broner vs. ProVo. Garcia/Matthysse 2. And maybe Porter vs. Maidana.

Those four fights on a PPV card, 75 x 3 million buys - what would Top Rank, May Pro, MP, and GBP do with 225 million not counting the gate? Would the parties be able to work with Haymon? HBO or Showtime? The possibilities.

No way they put all those fights on one PPV card.

Canelo vs. Cotto will be it's own PPV with possibly Garcia vs. Matthysse or Broner vs. Maidana on the undercard.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Drifts wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
No one wants to see Manny Vs Algerie. This is a damned joke and an insult to the fans

I think that would be fun to watch... there are no other fights for Manny from what I hear.

for Manny, fighting a boxer like Algeri, it'll be a tune up for a rumored 2015 fight with Mayweather.

Arum would have to throw this on HBO a la Tyson vs Douglass. Just can't see dropping 55 bones for a (bleep) undercard and Manny vs. a fighter most people still don't know who the hell he is.

Like Drifts said, the only thing I can see this being is a tune up for May. And that even isn't guaranteed.

Even if you know who the hell Algeri is, its not worth paying for. You know your going to get a guy that runs more then Floyd. Thats not fun! While it may be effective in winning, its not fun to watch for the fan that wants action.

Naw. This fight isn't PPV worthy. It's like when Tyson was the cash cow, Tyson vs Douglass wasn't PPV worthy. I saw that on HBO I think. The mega fights should be PPV. Canelo v Lara isn't PPV worthy. Floyd v Maidana may barely be PPV worthy because 850k is decent. Manny vs Algeri is not PPV material. That should be on HBO and Uncle Bob's sinile ass knows it. He said when promoters put on (bleep) cards, we should boycott them. So does he want us to boycott that garbage?

you do realize that Pacquiao vs Algieri is positioned to be the 1st PPV fight in China?
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

No way they put all those fights on one PPV card.

Canelo vs. Cotto will be it's own PPV with possibly Garcia vs. Matthysse or Broner vs. Maidana on the undercard.

Yeah I know. Just wishful thinking.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Drifts wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

you do realize that Pacquiao vs Algieri is positioned to be the 1st PPV fight in China?

Good for China. Probably won't do jack here. time difference, PPV numbers down, bad undercard, people are broke and a horrible main event.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Drifts wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

2nd in Macau. Rios was the 1st.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Drifts wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
Drifts wrote:
kcxiv wrote:

2nd in Macau. Rios was the 1st.

Pacquiao - Rios: 475k with Pac fighting the Mexican fan favorite. HBO said the numbers were low because of location. Arum tries to say they were between 500 and 550k. Fight fans didn't get it because they didn't wanna spend 70 on a brutal under card. Some fights just aren't made to be on PPV.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject:

117-111?
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
117-111?

Vegas. Mexican crowd. refs buy those oohs and awwwws as connecting punches.

Canelo won, but it wasn't that much a difference
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:37 pm    Post subject:

He goes to face Cotto at 160 probably. Floyd needs to either defend his titles at 54 or let them go. Then after that, Canelo would probably face Quillen while once again Golovkin is not given his shot as the best 160er out there.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Question is who is Levi Martinez? Other two judges had it 115-113. Goes no higher than 116-112 for either.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I'm a fan of the sweet science but that was not it. Lara really put on his track shoes. He lost that fight on his own. 117-111 is out there but i agree on the out come. Please no rematch, Lara stunk up place.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Lol @ Porter vs Brook at Stubhub. Wow. Many of you guys said you wanted to hit up the Stubhub. Floor seats 150. Next level back is 75. Top row run if about 25.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Canelo vs. Kirkland late 2014 and Cotto will be next May.

Lara does not deserve a rematch.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Canelo vs. Kirkland late 2014 and Cotto will be next May.

Lara does not deserve a rematch.

Kirkland is tailor made for Canelo. See Angulo fight. I don't think Cotto is gonna chance blowing a nice payday in the winter. Arums already trying to have one of his fighters to go up against Cotto in December (Bradley).
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:

WBO Bantamweight Title: Kameda with a vicious body shot to Singyu's liver.

Brutal shot. Good it was stopped because it looked like another brutal decision from the judges.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:47 pm    Post subject:

if Lara's name was Floyd Mayweather, he'd probably eked out the win.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject:

That's because Floyd stays in the pocket this isn't amateur boxing. If Lara replicated his 1st two rounds the whole fight he "runs" away with it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Mayweather vs Maidana, I'm not buying it. Chasing Marciano.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

What? This is professional boxing and not Olympic boxing. You don't win a prize fight by fighting like Lara did against Canelo. When have you ever seen Floyd fight like Lara? Floyd knows he still has to be aggressive because judges will not give you the decision when you fight like Lara did.

How can you say a fighter who literally ran for most of the night and fought off his back foot would get the decision if he was Floyd?

Remember what happened with DLH vs. Tito? Similar situation with Lara vs. Canelo. The judges and the fans will not give you the decision if you run for most of the fight.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

com'on.. Floyd didn't run like Lara did.. Floyd straight up Embarrassed Canelo

it was a clinic.

Lara boxed a few rounds.. ran a lot of rounds.. nothing like Floyd
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
Drifts wrote:

What? This is professional boxing and not Olympic boxing. You don't win a prize fight by fighting like Lara did against Canelo. When have you ever seen Floyd fight like Lara? Floyd knows he still has to be aggressive because judges will not give you the decision when you fight like Lara did.

How can you say a fighter who literally ran for most of the night and fought off his back foot would get the decision if he was Floyd?

Remember what happened with DLH vs. Tito? Similar situation with Lara vs. Canelo. The judges and the fans will not give you the decision if you run for most of the fight.

if it was Floyd, people would call it ring generalship.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 304, 305, 306 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 305 of 514
Jump to: