General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:50 pm    Post subject:

oliverginob wrote:
saw Mayweather's promo for direct tv yesterday, the guy reads at the level of a 5yr old

I seriously thought it was being exaggerated, until I heard this:

Does anybody remember that commercial he did for high speed internet? I always wondered why they didn't have him say anything, through the entire commercial. I guess it makes sense now.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject:

He has Dyslexia or (bleep). I know people who are like that as well. They can write the words just fine, but when it comes to reading its like they see things differently. I have it, but not as bad. My only issues is like when i read a magazine ill read it from the back forwards. Like ill read the back articles then the middle then the beggining. lol

Its weird.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:57 am    Post subject:

yeah, its kinda sad. I mean, his child hood dictated a lot of that. Mother or drugs. Pops dealing drugs and arrested. Dude had to grow up in the ghettos of Grand Rapid damn near by himself.

With that said, there's no reason now why he can't get that tutoring especially with 150 million in his checking account.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject:

The 150 million is probably why he doesn't.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
The 150 million is probably why he doesn't.

preach.
Stylistic Stylez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject:

anybody know of any links to the mayweather fight tonight? Thanks in advance fellas!

Why can't America realize that falling in love with Kobe doesn't mean breaking up with Michael
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Floyd claiming maidana bit his glove.
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Look at that low blow by Floyd, I would be on the ground for an hour even with a cup
bryants2hot2handle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject:

Another snorefest. Mayweather by unanimous decision. Saying his fingers were numb lol.

For the highest paid athlete in all of sports, I've never seen someone get boo'd and disrespected by the fans so much. So glad I never paid a cent for any of mayweather's fights.

Pacquiao just got brought up again, still no straight answer from floyd. But he's for sure fighting in May. Thank god only one more year we have to continue to see this guy duck.

Goodnight.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Now how is Maidana going to hurt Floyds fingers hes got a mouthpiece and a glove to bite thru and his hands are wrapped as well. And what was the lace part of the glove doing in Maidana's face anyhow? Floyd was lacing him as usual. During the "takedown" of Floyd he was lacing Maidana and pushing off with a forearm but Maidana continued to go forward and Floyd just collapsed to the ground Dwyane Wade style.

That said Maidana didn't have enough punch volume to win the fight. I had Floyd winning by a couple rounds one round even and the point deduction.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Pretty crazy - So few posts here. I even forgot he was fighting until a few hours ago. Just goes to show that people are not feeling his fight selection.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:10 pm    Post subject:

MoneyMay won it with his right hand lead, his skill and his legs. He had enough in his legs to stay away from Maidana. He's still a master boxer, boring but skilled to the max. So many are going to continue to be disappointed when he wins. I don't think the Pacquiao fight will ever be made.

My score card

Floyd Maidana

10------09
10------09
10------09
10------10
10------09
10------10
10------09
10------09
10------09
10------08
10------09
09------10

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
XTN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Easy night for FMJ. Some drama but nothing of a serious nature. Did anyone really think it was going to end differently. Floyd doesn't make very many mistakes in the ring and if he does make one he tends not to repeat it. When Floyd got on his bicycle in the 12th I started hearing the Benny Hills theme song.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MoneyMay won it with his right hand lead, his skill and his legs. He had enough in his legs to stay away from Maidana. He's still a master boxer, boring but skilled to the max. So many are going to continue to be disappointed when he wins. I don't think the Pacquiao fight will ever be made.

The time when Pac had a puncher's shot against Floyd is probably done. Pac doesn't look like he has that knock out drive anymore, and any fight that goes the distance with Mayweather is Floyd's. It is too bad we couldn't see Floyd take ont he best fighters in their prime, but you have to acknowledge his business sense. He knows that zero is his moneymaker.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Pretty crazy - So few posts here. I even forgot he was fighting until a few hours ago. Just goes to show that people are not feeling his fight selection.

I was distracted by college football.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:21 pm    Post subject:

How is the zero going to make him money when he retires as he is close to doing? Take the 114 million that Dubai is offering and make the fight. After all its easy work for him right?
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject:

If you watched the post-fight presser and his interviews afterwards, you can tell that Maidana got Floyd unnerved. He got hit with some big shots today and a fat lip to boot. He stated that he's lost the passion to fight and didn't feel good today. His age is definitely showing. If he wants to keep that zero, he needs to avoid Pacquiao and Amir Khan. Floyd's last four fights have been against slow, flat-footed, come forward fighter (Ortiz, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana). He's going to struggle against speed, especially at this age. I'd be interested to see who he'll fight next, there's not many options left. Look for Mayweather to avoid those two guys though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
If you watched the post-fight presser and his interviews afterwards, you can tell that Maidana got Floyd unnerved. He got hit with some big shots today and a fat lip to boot. He stated that he's lost the passion to fight and didn't feel good today. His age is definitely showing. If he wants to keep that zero, he needs to avoid Pacquiao and Amir Khan. Floyd's last four fights have been against slow, flat-footed, come forward fighter (Ortiz, Guerrero, Canelo, Maidana). He's going to struggle against speed, especially at this age. I'd be interested to see who he'll fight next, there's not many options left. Look for Mayweather to avoid those two guys though.

Mayweather vs Maidana post fight press conference

What presser were you watching? Maidana didn't take anything out of Floyd, 15 rounds of boxing did. How in the hell did you glean he was unnerved?

He said he felt better in his last fight. I never heard him say he's lost the passion to fight. Listen to the question around 17:00 into the interview.

Man why are you making ish up? If you don't like Floyd, fine, but why are you making ish up ish, that can be proven wrong on tape?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

What presser were you watching? Maidana didn't take anything out of Floyd, 15 rounds of boxing did. How in the hell did you glean he was unnerved?

He said he felt better in his last fight. I never heard him say he's lost the passion to fight. Listen to the question around 17:00 into the interview.

Man why are you making ish up? If you don't like Floyd, fine, but why are you making ish up ish, that can be proven wrong on tape?

He didn't say that in the presser, I read that comment on twitter that was trending so I assumed it was said in the aftermath of the fight. In the presser, he was very subdued and he looked unnerved, not his usual jovial self. I think fighting Maidana took a lot of out him and made him feel every one of his 37 years of age.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

He didn't say that in the presser, I read that comment on twitter that was trending so I assumed it was said in the aftermath of the fight. In the presser, he was very subdued and he looked unnerved, not his usual jovial self. I think fighting Maidana took a lot of out him and made him feel every one of his 37 years of age.

Twitter, you gotta be ishing me Twitter?. You base your post on what someone on Twitter said. SMH. Assume, you know what that does, makes a ASS out of U and ME

You're totally discounting Floyd had just gone 12 grueling rounds with a very tough opponent, he was tired man, tired.

Floyd gave Marcos his props, said he was a tough opponent. When asked about his age he didn't say it wasn't a factor, didn't say it was. He said people don't understand what it takes to promote a fight and talked about all he had to do and how much that took out of him.

He said he's in shape and knows how to handle the long grueling fights, been there, done that.

You seem only to see what you want to see.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

Twitter, you gotta be ishing me Twitter?. You base your post on what someone on Twitter said. SMH. Assume, you know what that does, makes a ASS out of U and ME

You're totally discounting Floyd had just gone 12 grueling rounds with a very tough opponent, he was tired man, tired.

Floyd gave Marcos his props, said he was a tough opponent. When asked about his age he didn't say it wasn't a factor, didn't say it was. He said people don't understand what it takes to promote a fight and talked about all he had to do and how much that took out of him.

He said he's in shape and knows how to handle the long grueling fights, been there, done that.

Whatever man, he's been looking older and slower. He got caught with some big shots yesterday that he would never have gotten hit with in the past. It's natural, everyone ages and you can't beat father time. With that said, I'm not discounting his skills. Even at 37, he beat a young Maidana in his prime, even while looking old. That's a testament to his work ethic. I'm not a Floyd hater, I respect his skill and drive to be the best. To his credit, he makes excellent boxers look average in the ring. But I just want to see him fight the best, which unfortunately, he's been afraid or unwilling to do for whatever reason. He's got 2 more fights, let's see who he chooses. I'll be surprised if he doesn't choose another flat footed come forward puncher. Look for Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia in May. Rinse and repeat.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Ted wrote:

Whatever man, he's been looking older and slower. He got caught with some big shots yesterday that he would never have gotten hit with in the past. It's natural, everyone ages and you can't beat father time. With that said, I'm not discounting his skills. Even at 37, he beat a young Maidana in his prime, even while looking old. That's a testament to his work ethic. I'm not a Floyd hater, I respect his skill and drive to be the best. To his credit, he makes excellent boxers look average in the ring. But I just want to see him fight the best, which unfortunately, he's been afraid or unwilling to do for whatever reason. He's got 2 more fights, let's see who he chooses.

I'll be surprised if he doesn't choose another flat footed come forward puncher. Look for Mayweather vs. Danny Garcia in May. Rinse and repeat.

He got caught because Marcos is a pressure fighter. He's been caught in the past by pressure fighters. When Shane pressured him he rocked his world. I don't see where he's lost very much hand or foot speed. Of course he's lost some, that's natural. Who's the best he hasn't faced?

I don't blame him.

AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Is there any new up and coming boxer in any weight class that will draw some interest to the casual fan? The only time I watch boxing was just the hype between Mayweather and Pacquiao. Right now, I don't even care if they fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:26 am    Post subject:

I'm watching FirstTake. SAS said he's worried about Floyd. He thinks Money is slowing down. He won't say whether or not there will be a Mayweather vs Pacquiao or not but he said if it happens the Mayweather he saw Saturday would lose. He also said Floyd gave himself a C-.

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The time when Pac had a puncher's shot against Floyd is probably done. Pac doesn't look like he has that knock out drive anymore, and any fight that goes the distance with Mayweather is Floyd's. It is too bad we couldn't see Floyd take ont he best fighters in their prime, but you have to acknowledge his business sense. He knows that zero is his moneymaker.

This is what i tell all my friends. They hate floyd and always bring up manny..

i'm like dude manny HAD a puncher's shot.. thats about it. I dont think he could ever outbox floyd. His best bet was his power, but if you can't touch em, that power is as good as nothing.

I had my doubts that he could touch floyd even when he was 'prime' manny.. now its like yea no way dude. As boring as these mayweather fights are.. gotta give the guy props, for a 37 year old, the dude looks prime.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 316 of 514
Jump to: