General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 336, 337, 338 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Manny vs Floyd won't happen... it's just typical Mayweather (bleep)

I am just hoping for good fights from other fighters. GGG vs Andre Ward please...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:26 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
For those that missed it, it wasn't on the main TV card:

It was supposed to be on Showtime Extreme, but TWC f'd up my cable before it started, so nothing recorded.

step ya game up .... get that Directv ..... stop bs'ing

Double stamp. Picture quality is world's apart. I record anything boxing, there's so many fights in my dvr it's hard to keep up.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Manny vs Floyd won't happen... it's just typical Mayweather (bleep)

I am just hoping for good fights from other fighters. GGG vs Andre Ward please...

Ditto! That is, assuming GGG gets through Martin Murray, which I think he will with ease.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

It was supposed to be on Showtime Extreme, but TWC f'd up my cable before it started, so nothing recorded.

Double stamp. Picture quality is world's apart. I record anything boxing, there's so many fights in my dvr it's hard to keep up.

You guys will like this. Even the outsourced TWC Technician said DirecTV kills it and he even made the switch!

The only issue I had with it was, I'd still have to keep TWC internet (no FiOS/U-Verse or anything close in speed to TWC), so splitting off TV from cable ends up costing me just as much, with all the channels I have and that's before the initial 2 year deal expires on DirectTV.

Nonetheless, I had so many issues with a simple DVR swap that I ended up getting a discounted deal that saved me $40 a month for at least 1 year. By this time next year, I'll be exploring a switch for sure, but just saving so much money right now that once they corrected the issues, it's worth grin and bearing it until that time.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject:

I know it's still early in the week, but didn't want anybody to forget that there's still fights this weekend:

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Friday Showtime card
Stevenson fighting no name
Andre Dirrell with another tuneup on his way back from whatever medical issue he had.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ Thanks L_D, got them auto tuned.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

You guys will like this. Even the outsourced TWC Technician said DirecTV kills it and he even made the switch!

The only issue I had with it was, I'd still have to keep TWC internet (no FiOS/U-Verse or anything close in speed to TWC), so splitting off TV from cable ends up costing me just as much, with all the channels I have and that's before the initial 2 year deal expires on DirectTV.

Nonetheless, I had so many issues with a simple DVR swap that I ended up getting a discounted deal that saved me $40 a month for at least 1 year. By this time next year, I'll be exploring a switch for sure, but just saving so much money right now that once they corrected the issues, it's worth grin and bearing it until that time.

I currently pat $240/mon for TWC Internet, Cable, Phone (I know please don't kill me for having a home phone). I got 5 boxes, a dvr, and hbo/sho..

Been thinking of switching to DirecTV, but I wanna keep the TWC internet.. im just not sure if I'd end up saving anything.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject:

^^^^^ Won't kill you for the home phone, I have one. I rarely use it for calling. I have it because it gives me a fax line. It's truly amazing how much business can be completed by fax. It cuts mailing 80% and is most times instant response.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I currently pat $240/mon for TWC Internet, Cable, Phone (I know please don't kill me for having a home phone). I got 5 boxes, a dvr, and hbo/sho..

Been thinking of switching to DirecTV, but I wanna keep the TWC internet.. im just not sure if I'd end up saving anything.

I have 2 mocha DVR's (one being the new 6 tuner whole home dvr) and 1 playback box. I also have a digital tuner box (4 pieces of equipment). My bill was recently dropped to much lower than the $220 I was paying before (after taxes) w/ just internet and TV. I had to add a phone line, which I didn't really want, but ended up using it as a dedicated fax number.

When the Direct TV folks at Best Buy had initially priced it out for me, the combination of paying just for Internet (TWC) and DirectTV, came out to $5-10 less, per month, for the 1st 2 years (contract w/ DirectTV). After contract expiration, it would go up by $50 per month!

Something to also keep in mind, once you're no longer in a package deal with TWC, pricing goes up, so Internet only through TWC would go up to whatever their single service fees are for internet.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^ Won't kill you for the home phone, I have one. I rarely use it for calling. I have it because it gives me a fax line. It's truly amazing how much business can be completed by fax. It cuts mailing 80% and is most times instant response.

Yup, jo. Before, I was opposed to having TW phone, since I have a dedicated landline for safety purposes (I take care of both my senior citizen parents, so having a separate landline is really important). Packaging a phone line (TW has VOIP) dropped my bill by a lot, for 1 year, so I will be using it as a dedicated fax.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I accidentally deleted all the boxing on my dvr. Had a strong collection. Brutal. Now watching this Herrera robbery.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Why can't Manny and Floyd just do a winner takes majority of the purse?
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
Why can't Manny and Floyd just do a winner takes majority of the purse?

Just don't work that way. Especially when one fighter brings in three times as much as the other.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Andy Lee and that right hook was nice. Dude was being schooled by Korobov. Dude pulled that right hook out of his drawls. Glad to see him finally get over the hump.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Andy Lee and that right hook was nice. Dude was being schooled by Korobov. Dude pulled that right hook out of his drawls. Glad to see him finally get over the hump.

Yeah he was getting spanked. Somewhere Emanuel Steward is smiling.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject:

240 a month?! holy crap. you guys are rich.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

not really.

I just don't pay a cell phone bill (would be 80ish) or utilities (would be 80ish as well).. that all goes to someone else in the house hold, I just pay the twc bill >.<
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I accidentally deleted all the boxing on my dvr. Had a strong collection. Brutal. Now watching this Herrera robbery.

dough, was that DirecTV error or your own? Not making a strong case for them...LOL.

And yes, I feel really bad for Herrera. The guy keeps getting robbed left and right. That was worse than the Bradley decision.

Surprisingly, Julie Lederman is the one who had the card that was questionable for the Bradley vs. Chaves fight, and she's usually on point with her decisions.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

not really.

I just don't pay a cell phone bill (would be 80ish) or utilities (would be 80ish as well).. that all goes to someone else in the house hold, I just pay the twc bill >.<

LOL...If I were rich, I probably wouldn't worry about the costs at all. Just comes with the territory of having to take care of 2 elderly parents and working full time, in entertainment (which can be a 60-70 hour week).

I will say, I'm very very good at budgeting...LOL.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

dough, was that DirecTV error or your own? Not making a strong case for them...LOL.

And yes, I feel really bad for Herrera. The guy keeps getting robbed left and right. That was worse than the Bradley decision.

Surprisingly, Julie Lederman is the one who had the card that was questionable for the Bradley vs. Chaves fight, and she's usually on point with her decisions.

That surprised me, as you say she's usually on point. Harold had it 116 112 Bradley, opposite of Julie.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:42 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:

Oh yeah! Fight of the night for sure. Kinda reminded me of Khan vs. Garcia, where Khan was really dominating every round...and then...

Korobov wasn't really "dominating" as much as Khan, but that hook by Lee just changed the fight right away. If he hadn't ended it and Korobov survived, it still would've been an intriguing fight to score.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

I did that with my phone photos. I'll never get her to pose like that again.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

That surprised me, as you say she's usually on point. Harold had it 116 112 Bradley, opposite of Julie.

That was crazy too, that she was the complete opposite of her Dad! I typically find my scores 1 round different from Harold and Julie (at most).

Just makes me wonder, since she typically would be a NY judge, did someone get to her?

In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes it's the angles they're watching the fight from, I know when I go to fights, I typically sit real close, then watch it at home and there's always things that looked different from my POV.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

It was my mistake. It was recording a fight that I had already seen and deleted the wrong programming. The file that had all the fights. I just started screaming. I even lost my debut performance on HBO at the Bradley/ProVo fight and the tremendous performance of me running back to my seat as Arreola had Mitchell stumbling all over the ring. I had a case of mudbutt, thought it would go longer than a round and while sitting on the john, heard the crowd roaring. You can literally see my boy telling me the fight is over as I got back to my seat.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 336, 337, 338 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 337 of 514
Jump to: