General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

weigh-ins done. Both made weight

http://www.proboxing-fans.com/mike-alvarado-vs-brandon-rios-3-weigh-in-results-photos-videos_012315/

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject:

How do you guys see a Wilder/Klitschko fight going?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

A wrestling match ending with a Klitschko win. Klitschko will jab, Wilder will get close, Klitschko will grab and hold him.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

A wrestling match ending with a Klitschko win. Klitschko will jab, Wilder will get close, Klitschko will grab and hold him.

Pretty much. Klitschko does have a suspect chin. All that muscle and his chin is like glass. One good shot could end it.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:25 am    Post subject:

Wilder has a reach advantage on Klitschko. Not sure how many times that's happened, or what affect it would have on the fight.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Pretty much. Klitschko does have a suspect chin. All that muscle and his chin is like glass. One good shot could end it.

How do you know his chin is suspect if he never loses?
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

Looking like Lucas vs prov March 28. (bleep) Awesome.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for the Alvarado/Rios fight:

http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2015/01/alvarado-vs-rios-ii-prefight-analysis.html
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Well he has lost twice, both by early-round TKO. He's also been knocked down numerous (i.e., more than 10) times in fights, including 3 times in his win vs. Samuel Peter and 4 times in his loss vs. Corrie Sanders. So the chin is definitely suspect - he's just learned how to protect it better (with conserative jab approach and LOTS of clinching LOL)...

Last edited by Osei on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

I am so stoked at Wilder coming up. Boy, it has been almost 18 freakin years since I have been really excited about a heavyweight boxing match. The last one that mattered was Vitaly vs Lewis.

I can not wait for this fight. I hope Wilder is the next big thing, we can finally piss all over Mayweather and make him a secondary fighter if the Heavyweight Division can get some momentum. Heavyweight division has been ridiculously due. All the top promoters and boxing enthusiasts really need to start marketing this full tilt. We want the heavyweight division to matter again. There is NOTHING in sports that can compare to a competitive Heavyweight division.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

What Osei said.

Really diggin' Brandon's mouthpiece.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Alvarado looks shot
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Alvarado looks shot

He's getting his ass kicked. Those uppercut are viscous. How he's able to stand up to them is a wonder, .

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Alvarado is done. Rios beat him up pretty nicely. They'll turn this into Rios destroying a top contender and get a big fight. Problem is I don't see anything left in Arum's stable unless you go ProVo vs. Rios or throw him in there with Bradley.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Dude needs to stop fighting in Denver: two beat downs.

He's saying he's not done. 303 is pissed off. Denver crowd is booing his ass.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Ruslan Provodinkov gave Mike a terrible beating, breaking his orbital bone. That injury is a pretty tough one for a fighter to comeback from. By the same token Rios looked sharp and as good as he has looked since he was a lightweight. Rios, Kell Brook, or Jessie Vargas would be nice. I think Thurman is too long for him as is Khan. Him and Shawn Porter would provide some exciting moments though.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Just thought Rios was working on the heavy bag. Pretty easy work. Don't see him in with anyone in the top ten at 147. Rios would be honestly ranked around 15. With the interim title he just won, that would make him next in line to fight Manny, again and we know that's not gonna happen.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Floyd isn't holding anything up. No one is waiting on Floyd to rubber stamp or sign anything. Arum isn't being truthful on this and he knows it. There is no contract that is awaiting Floyd's signature and Bob Arum knows that. Floyd has been absolutely clear with all of us, with Leslie Moonves, with Al Haymon, and with me, that he wants the Pacquiao fight. That's what we've been working on for weeks. We've made what I call significant progress, but there's still open issues which have to be resolved. So there's no agreement or closed deal or contract or anybody signing off on anything. Neither CBS or Showtime or Haymon, or even HBO really for that matter, have yet agreed," stated Showtime Sports Executive Vice President and General Manager Stephen Espinoza, who set the record straight on the current status of negotiations for a potential showdown between undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather and 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. Check it out!

BT: Obviously a lot of things have been said from one side, but not from the other when it comes to these negotiations for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Can you set the record straight and give us an update on exactly what's going on?

SE: Sure. Our agreement at the onset of this process was that we were all going to keep it out of the press as much as possible, and I think our side has done a fairly good job of doing that, but with all the misrepresentations that have been going around lately, we have to speak up, and it's a disservice to our side of things if we don't. To get to the specifics, Floyd isn't holding anything up. No one is waiting on Floyd to rubber stamp or sign anything. Arum isn't being truthful on this and he knows it. There is no contract that is awaiting Floyd's signature and Bob Arum knows that. Floyd has been absolutely clear with all of us, with Leslie Moonves, with Al Haymon, and with me, that he wants the Pacquiao fight. That's what we've been working on for weeks. We've made what I call significant progress, but there's still open issues which have to be resolved. So there's no agreement or closed deal or contract or anybody signing off on anything. Neither CBS or Showtime or Haymon, or even HBO really for that matter, have yet agreed on the old terms. We're trying to resolve open issues, which is what is taking time. There's no delay or impediment from Floyd, and for Arum to say otherwise is just completely untrue.

BT: I know you're not speaking on Bob's behalf, but in your opinion, why do you think he would go to the media and start making some of the comments he's made?

SE: A lot of the stuff that has come out from Arum is baffling to us. I can only guess as to what his motives may be. Maybe he thinks that this is creating some public pressure on Floyd to get the deal done, but the irony of the whole thing is no one needs to pressure Floyd. Floyd has wanted this all along. If people saw the terms that have been negotiated, it's clear Floyd wants to make a deal. He doesn't need this PR campaign to convince him that he needs to make the deal. He wants to do it for himself, for the fans, for the sport of boxing, and no one needs to pressure him into making that fight. Then you start to wonder if someone is consistently mischaracterizing the negotiations and trying to demean the other side, is that person really trying to make a deal? Someone who's trying to make a deal doesn't go out and publicly misrepresent what's going on with the negotiations. It's a complete mystery to us.

BT: Do you think that some of the things that Arum has said might hurt the chances of finalizing a deal?

SE: All of this misinformation and mischaracterization certainly doesn't help. I think up to this point, we're sort of gritting our teeth and trying to keep focused on our goal, and that continues to be our goal, but at a certain point, you can only take so much of the misstatements before you have to speak out and set the record straight.

BT: Knowing all of the misinformation that Arum has put out there regarding these negotiations, are you still confident that all the parties involved actually do want to make this fight a reality? I mean, if Arum knows none of that information is true, then why would he be putting it out there as if it were true?

SE: One thing I'm certain of is everybody on our side, from CBS to Showtime to Al Haymon to, most importantly, Floyd Mayweather, have continuously worked to make this fight happen since these discussions opened back in the fall of 2014. I hope the same is true for the other side. There are times when I believed it is true, but when you see these kind of misinformation floating around, you have to start to wonder.

BT: Does it cause you concern about being able to finalize negotiations with the other side when you start to hear that it looks like De La Hoya and HBO are already making plans for a fight between Canelo and Kirkland on May 2?

SE: Ultimately, none of this other external stuff has any impact on what our goal is and what our course of conduct is. Our goal is to make that fight and we're going to continue trying to make that fight until it becomes clear that either the deal is impossible to make or that someone on the other side has decided that they don't want the fight to happen. Unless one of those two things happens, then we're going to continue to try to make this fight because it's the right fight to make.

Steven Espinoza coming out and dropping the hammer on Uncle Bob is has been known to lie a time or two. Normally, you don't hear (bleep) from Espinoza.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

What about the Cotto, Mayweather fight? Is it on or off?

WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Quote:
"Floyd isn't holding anything up. No one is waiting on Floyd to rubber stamp or sign anything. Arum isn't being truthful on this and he knows it. There is no contract that is awaiting Floyd's signature and Bob Arum knows that. Floyd has been absolutely clear with all of us, with Leslie Moonves, with Al Haymon, and with me, that he wants the Pacquiao fight. That's what we've been working on for weeks. We've made what I call significant progress, but there's still open issues which have to be resolved. So there's no agreement or closed deal or contract or anybody signing off on anything. Neither CBS or Showtime or Haymon, or even HBO really for that matter, have yet agreed," stated Showtime Sports Executive Vice President and General Manager Stephen Espinoza, who set the record straight on the current status of negotiations for a potential showdown between undefeated pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather and 8-division world champion Manny Pacquiao. Check it out!

BT: Obviously a lot of things have been said from one side, but not from the other when it comes to these negotiations for Mayweather vs. Pacquiao. Can you set the record straight and give us an update on exactly what's going on?

SE: Sure. Our agreement at the onset of this process was that we were all going to keep it out of the press as much as possible, and I think our side has done a fairly good job of doing that, but with all the misrepresentations that have been going around lately, we have to speak up, and it's a disservice to our side of things if we don't. To get to the specifics, Floyd isn't holding anything up. No one is waiting on Floyd to rubber stamp or sign anything. Arum isn't being truthful on this and he knows it. There is no contract that is awaiting Floyd's signature and Bob Arum knows that. Floyd has been absolutely clear with all of us, with Leslie Moonves, with Al Haymon, and with me, that he wants the Pacquiao fight. That's what we've been working on for weeks. We've made what I call significant progress, but there's still open issues which have to be resolved. So there's no agreement or closed deal or contract or anybody signing off on anything. Neither CBS or Showtime or Haymon, or even HBO really for that matter, have yet agreed on the old terms. We're trying to resolve open issues, which is what is taking time. There's no delay or impediment from Floyd, and for Arum to say otherwise is just completely untrue.

BT: I know you're not speaking on Bob's behalf, but in your opinion, why do you think he would go to the media and start making some of the comments he's made?

SE: A lot of the stuff that has come out from Arum is baffling to us. I can only guess as to what his motives may be. Maybe he thinks that this is creating some public pressure on Floyd to get the deal done, but the irony of the whole thing is no one needs to pressure Floyd. Floyd has wanted this all along. If people saw the terms that have been negotiated, it's clear Floyd wants to make a deal. He doesn't need this PR campaign to convince him that he needs to make the deal. He wants to do it for himself, for the fans, for the sport of boxing, and no one needs to pressure him into making that fight. Then you start to wonder if someone is consistently mischaracterizing the negotiations and trying to demean the other side, is that person really trying to make a deal? Someone who's trying to make a deal doesn't go out and publicly misrepresent what's going on with the negotiations. It's a complete mystery to us.

BT: Do you think that some of the things that Arum has said might hurt the chances of finalizing a deal?

SE: All of this misinformation and mischaracterization certainly doesn't help. I think up to this point, we're sort of gritting our teeth and trying to keep focused on our goal, and that continues to be our goal, but at a certain point, you can only take so much of the misstatements before you have to speak out and set the record straight.

BT: Knowing all of the misinformation that Arum has put out there regarding these negotiations, are you still confident that all the parties involved actually do want to make this fight a reality? I mean, if Arum knows none of that information is true, then why would he be putting it out there as if it were true?

SE: One thing I'm certain of is everybody on our side, from CBS to Showtime to Al Haymon to, most importantly, Floyd Mayweather, have continuously worked to make this fight happen since these discussions opened back in the fall of 2014. I hope the same is true for the other side. There are times when I believed it is true, but when you see these kind of misinformation floating around, you have to start to wonder.

BT: Does it cause you concern about being able to finalize negotiations with the other side when you start to hear that it looks like De La Hoya and HBO are already making plans for a fight between Canelo and Kirkland on May 2?

SE: Ultimately, none of this other external stuff has any impact on what our goal is and what our course of conduct is. Our goal is to make that fight and we're going to continue trying to make that fight until it becomes clear that either the deal is impossible to make or that someone on the other side has decided that they don't want the fight to happen. Unless one of those two things happens, then we're going to continue to try to make this fight because it's the right fight to make.

Steven Espinoza coming out and dropping the hammer on Uncle Bob is has been known to lie a time or two. Normally, you don't hear (bleep) from Espinoza.

You must not have checked his twitter page. He's always talking smack. Any way if bob is lying tell us what he's lying about. According to him and Pacquiao they've agreed to everything the purse ring size gloves who goes in first. If they say they have significant issues left what are they.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1906702-amir-khan-has-signed-contract-to-fight-floyd-mayweather-waiting-on-american

Khan said the same thing he agreed to everything and signed the contract and was waiting on mayweather. We know how that turned out
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:01 pm    Post subject:

The rumored split is 60/40 which would net mayweather 120 million and Pacquiao 80 million. Last year Espinoza offered 40 million with 35 percent upside and people blaming manny for turning it down.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/11/showtime-offers-top-rank-40-million-for-floydpac-fight/

Lets see 80 million>> 40 million. Where was the other forty million going
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Good to see the Oxnard homeboy getting a big win, it looked like Alvarado wanted no part of being in the ring. I have to say I enjoy Ward's commentary, nice find there by HBO. I was impressed by Klosva in his loss, guy changed style and attack mid-fight and made a boring fight somewhat enjoyable.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Quote:

You must not have checked his twitter page. He's always talking smack. Any way if bob is lying tell us what he's lying about. According to him and Pacquiao they've agreed to everything the purse ring size gloves who goes in first. If they say they have significant issues left what are they.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1906702-amir-khan-has-signed-contract-to-fight-floyd-mayweather-waiting-on-american

Khan said the same thing he agreed to everything and signed the contract and was waiting on mayweather. We know how that turned out

really not into twitter. nothing wrong with a smack talking CEO of the Sports Department
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
The rumored split is 60/40 which would net mayweather 120 million and Pacquiao 80 million. Last year Espinoza offered 40 million with 35 percent upside and people blaming manny for turning it down.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2014/11/showtime-offers-top-rank-40-million-for-floydpac-fight/

Lets see 80 million>> 40 million. Where was the other forty million going

yeah I remember this. Arum basically tried to milk the deal after the Algeri fight and after Manny put serious hands on dude, they (HBO, Lampley and Arum) tried to make it look like he knocked out Hagler or Leonard.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Good to see the Oxnard homeboy getting a big win, it looked like Alvarado wanted no part of being in the ring. I have to say I enjoy Ward's commentary, nice find there by HBO. I was impressed by Klosva in his loss, guy changed style and attack mid-fight and made a boring fight somewhat enjoyable.

SOG has always been a great color man. I was wondering where Kellerman was. And you'll find plenty of boring under card fights when it comes to Top Rank. Their stable is extremely low. Hence, numerous rematches.

Hopefully with Oscar running GBP, he and Arum can make big fights and cut the crap.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 344 of 514
Jump to: