General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 354, 355, 356 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Just some other boxing news

http://thaboxingvoice.com/roach-on-provodnikov-matthysse-somebodys-going-to-get-knocked-out/40584?var=no
Looks like New York got the fight, not StubHub...Oh well. April 18th. Mark it in the calendars. I agree with Freddie. Someone is getting KTFO.

Very good article on what other fights can be made, now that "The Fight" is set in stone:
http://www.fighthype.com/news/article19399.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

And do any of you remember Augie Sanchez? Last American to beat Floyd?
http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/meet-the-last-american-to-beat-floyd-mayweather/

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
what's sad.. is JCC could be so good if he weren't such a douche. get in there and train!

Oh he's training alright, with his fork.

or with his pipe.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
The problem for Cotto now is who does he fight to make money ? The guy is on the tail end of his career and wants to cash out. Problem is of all the top ten middleweight the only one I could seriously give him a chance with would be the light hitting Murray and maybe Quillen. But nobody will pay to see him fight Murray and Quillen is fighting Lee. Everybody else is too big too strong. Golovkin is a smallish middleweight and he towers over Cotto. GGG however will make him the most money as I think Alvarez people are done with him. Unfortunately for Miguel there is no way he wins that fight or any other against a credible middleweight. He should go back to 147 and mix it up with the likes of Shawn Porter or if he likes Bradley and Rios but as a middleweight, hell no!

He can only blame himself for ducking Canelo when they had multiple opportunities to fight in the past. He expected to fight Floyd again that's why he refused to continue negotiating with Canelo. Now everyone has a dance partner except for him, lol.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't know that he expected to fight Floyd. My take Is that Floyd was using Cotto as a fall back position in case the Pacquiao fight didn't pan out. In this game of musical chairs Cotto is the one left standing.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
The problem for Cotto now is who does he fight to make money ? The guy is on the tail end of his career and wants to cash out. Problem is of all the top ten middleweight the only one I could seriously give him a chance with would be the light hitting Murray and maybe Quillen. But nobody will pay to see him fight Murray and Quillen is fighting Lee. Everybody else is too big too strong. Golovkin is a smallish middleweight and he towers over Cotto. GGG however will make him the most money as I think Alvarez people are done with him. Unfortunately for Miguel there is no way he wins that fight or any other against a credible middleweight. He should go back to 147 and mix it up with the likes of Shawn Porter or if he likes Bradley and Rios but as a middleweight, hell no!

He can only blame himself for ducking Canelo when they had multiple opportunities to fight in the past. He expected to fight Floyd again that's why he refused to continue negotiating with Canelo. Now everyone has a dance partner except for him, lol.

and Canelo would have been his biggest pay day outside of Floyd/Manny.

Idk why Cotto suddenly took on this "I'm the star" attitude. Pretty annoying, kinda hoping he gets put on his butt by who ever he fights next.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Idk why Cotto suddenly took on this "I'm the star" attitude. Pretty annoying, kinda hoping he gets put on his butt by who ever he fights next.

I know why Cotto is taking on that attitude. He's closer to the end of his career, than the beginning, and he just beat the lineal middleweight champion, so he's trying to cash in on the biggest paydays possible. With Floyd still dangling as a possibility, he took a gamble and lost...LOL.

Well, no matter who he fights next, hope he's not expecting a PPV, cuz there isn't anybody out there that he could fight that would be PPV worthy.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:13 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I know why Cotto is taking on that attitude. He's closer to the end of his career, than the beginning, and he just beat the lineal middleweight champion, so he's trying to cash in on the biggest paydays possible. With Floyd still dangling as a possibility, he took a gamble and lost...LOL.

Well, no matter who he fights next, hope he's not expecting a PPV, cuz there isn't anybody out there that he could fight that would be PPV worthy.

Agreed, unless he fights GGG.. which is a long shot.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Agreed, unless he fights GGG.. which is a long shot.

I'd love to say that would happen and definitely would pay for that PPV, but just can't see it unless GGG agreed to some low catch weight at 156 w/ a rehydration stipulation...

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject:

I guess Peter Quillin had been going through some personal things last year:

http://thaboxingvoice.com/peter-quillin-opens-up-money-dont-buy-happiness/40490?var=no

Definitely looking forward to his fight with Andy Lee on April 11. Maybe GGG vs. the winner?...hopefully?

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Even Wladimir wouldn't step in the ring with GGG!
http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2015/02/24/news/klitschko-i-m-glad-golovkin-is-not-in-my-division

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
After rehydration, Golovkin can easily be around 65-70, Cotto would go in maybe at 60.

Dude was literally walking through Murray's punches .... Hell, he was walking through Steven's punches and dude has serious power.

Yeah, pretty sure Abel was saying that he walks around at around 168 and always stays in very good shape, but even bigger guys like Murray couldn't really stop him.

On a side note, I was reading through some different boxing articles and saw Chavez make a claim that he'd knock GGG out, if they fought! If he was truly that confident, he shoulda taken that humongous payday that he was offered, instead of backing out of the fight before. He's gonna make GGG fight at 175, if they ever get in the ring, and I'd still give GGG a good shot at knocking him out. Still hoping to see either JCC Jr. or Andre Ward vs. GGG, if GGG can't get a unification fight.

He bet a million that he knocks ggg out if they fought at 168. Ggg accepted the offer via twitter real quick. It escalated quickly.

who we talking? Ward or Jr?

and what makes you think anyone could KO GGG? the dude's chin is rock solid.

I don't think GGG fights ward for a while.. that's a super fight.. if anything.. Ward should go up and challenge Kovalev.

People always gripe at GGG for not fighting SOG. Ward already cleaned out 168. He should be fighting at light heavyweight. He even fought Dawson at 68.

maybe next year.. Ward/Kovalev.. I'm telling you.. how insane would that match up be?

He's gotta move up first ...... Kovalev can't come down like SOG made Dawson come down - and Dawson was the champ at 175 at that time. He has game but his name and style aren't good for ratings.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
I guess Peter Quillin had been going through some personal things last year:

http://thaboxingvoice.com/peter-quillin-opens-up-money-dont-buy-happiness/40490?var=no

Definitely looking forward to his fight with Andy Lee on April 11. Maybe GGG vs. the winner?...hopefully?

Cancer is a bastard ......
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Moreso, the title he's holding added to that belief. There's few titles in sports that you want: Yankee captain, Cowboys Quarterback, Heavyweight champion especially if American. After that on that next level, middleweight champ is right there. Dude went into that fight with Sergio already saying, I'm the A-side, which he probably was but he was constantly pounding that into Sergio's dome. Sergio actually thought he meant A-level and B-level. Now that he has that title, it filled his head up that much more. He's in the check cashing business at this point. Canelo would have been the A-side if that potential fight had happened anywhere near Mexico.

If he wants a major PPV fight with big money, $49.99, Cotto v Golovkin in New York, a day before the Puerto Rican Day Parade ...... second Saturday in June. I just don't see him getting any big money anywhere else ..... other than a catchweight Cotto v. Khan,
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Moreso, the title he's holding added to that belief. There's few titles in sports that you want: Yankee captain, Cowboys Quarterback, Heavyweight champion especially if American. After that on that next level, middleweight champ is right there. Dude went into that fight with Sergio already saying, I'm the A-side, which he probably was but he was constantly pounding that into Sergio's dome. Sergio actually thought he meant A-level and B-level. Now that he has that title, it filled his head up that much more. He's in the check cashing business at this point. Canelo would have been the A-side if that potential fight had happened anywhere near Mexico.

If he wants a major PPV fight with big money, $49.99, Cotto v Golovkin in New York, a day before the Puerto Rican Day Parade ...... second Saturday in June. I just don't see him getting any big money anywhere else ..... other than a catchweight Cotto v. Khan,

Oh man, dough. I SO hope that it's not Cotto vs. Khan at the 155 catchweight. Then again, the fight in general is kinda an intriguing matchup.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Oh man, dough. I SO hope that it's not Cotto vs. Khan at the 155 catchweight. Then again, the fight in general is kinda an intriguing matchup.

Khan's a natural 147 now ... Cotto's not trying to defend that title without cashing big money .......

June, Cotto v Khan. UK fans right across the pond. New York filled with Puerto Ricans and other Latinos. That may get a nice PPV number. At least 300K.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Cotto has always been like that... look up some articles on how he treats the people around him. He is a complete (bleep) and treats people like crap.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Khan's a natural 147 now ... Cotto's not trying to defend that title without cashing big money .......

June, Cotto v Khan. UK fans right across the pond. New York filled with Puerto Ricans and other Latinos. That may get a nice PPV number. At least 300K.

I'd definitely pay to see that. I thought Khan looked good against D. Alexander.. Plus he comes out and throws with good technique/speed, that's always fun for me to watch.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

I'd definitely pay to see that. I thought Khan looked good against D. Alexander.. Plus he comes out and throws with good technique/speed, that's always fun for me to watch.

They're the only two stars who got left out of the prom. Might as well rent thy limo and partner up.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

marga86 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

Khan looked okay against Devon. But, at the same time, every single "big" fight that Devon has had, he has lost, so part of me thinks that he was overrated/over-hyped while he was coming up. Especially seeing him complain the way he did against Bradley...he just wanted to find a way out. That said, Amir has always had very very good skills. Problem has always been his chin. As soon as someone with good power clocks him, his legs go wobbly.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

I really hope that Khan is re-considering fighting Kell Brook! That's a big PPV in England and it would give Amir a chance to be the only other titlist at Welterweight. If there's no rematch between Floyd and Manny, winner of Amir vs. Kell would be an interesting fight with the winner of The Fight for a real unification and "undisputed" title.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-2968088/Floyd-Mayweather-Manny-Pacquiao-tickets-cost-100-000-m-talks-make-Amir-Khan-vs-Kell-Brook.html

Also, in that article, is an interview with Martin Murray after the fight...He said, he was just too strong for him. Murray said that his power with the pressure was what made GGG difficult. Even watching GGG dominate that fight, I still think Martin Murray could do some things against any of the other middleweights and I actually agree that he'd be #2 (at least in my rankings).

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
marga86 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:

They're the only two stars who got left out of the prom. Might as well rent thy limo and partner up.

sure but at 147
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Nice! I think, assuming Brook gets past Jo Jo Dan at the end of next month, Brook vs. Khan is the fight that should be made. I think it would be a big PPV in the UK. Could rival the money that Cotto vs. Khan would make, maybe even be better live gate. If there's no rematch between Floyd vs. Manny, that means winner vs. winner would still make a great unification fight, and loser vs. loser would still make another great fight!

http://goo.gl/laKDj3

But, considering the "business" side of boxing, I could easily see this being the final scenario:

Cotto vs. Khan in June (Puerto Rican Independence Day), in NYC.
Brook vs. Marquez, whenever that is and assuming Brook beats Jo Jo Dan

I'd love to see Bradley vs. Khan still. Even though they're both trained by Robert Garcia, I'd still love to see Rios vs. Maidana.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Brook and Khan is what everyone over the pond wants to see ..... might as well make it happen. Big money fight for both sides and it could be a trilogy easily.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Roman Gonzalez is gonna be on HBO! http://thaboxingvoice.com/roman-chocolatito-gonzalez-to-fight-on-hbo-in-may/41086?var=no

Exciting fighter at the lower weights.

ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Interesting scope below.

Quote:
Mayweather will run all night= Brad Cone!!!or else he'll gonna die!!! that was the statement of my insider friend Brad. He never see Manny so determine and focus this early, He already instructed his team early on to gather all equipments for ploymetrics on power and speed productions and triometric exercises which he applied during his series of fights from diaz to cotto, but only took lightly during clottey and totally abandoned during margaritos training camp that made ariza a useless member of the team starting from margarito fight until he left the team.

Brad knew that Manny were passive in his training camp after the Margarito fight til his latest victim algiere because of one goal, for mayweather to realize that Manny is no longer a threat to his zero record. Not known to media, manny always skipped days from training during those training days, and didn't follow his training routine starting from mosley til the latest algiere fight. According to Brad Manny wanted to look sluggish during his fights in order for mayweather to grow some balls to finally agree in fighting him, even-though his lack of training paid off a disastrous knock out loss from Marquez in 2012. There's no regret Mayweather finally agreed to fight him. The trap succeed.

More news to come from the training camp soon.

Brad Cone
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 354, 355, 356 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 355 of 514
Jump to: