View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
anyone know the fight schedule for saturday night? will the crawford fight be aired before the matthysse/provodnikov fight?

I usually post them up on Thursdays, but since you brought it up, here's the schedule for the weekend:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Thanks for posting the schedules, but they don't show the approximate times of the main events (i hope). Since the crawford and matthysse/provo fights are a split-site double-header by HBO, i was thinking they might want to stagger the fight times (otherwise viewers will have to pick one to watch live and one via tape delay). However, the second link (which i normally use) has the exact same times for both fights.

Set that DVR.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Wow...Cotto vs. Geale is at 157 catchweight

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12698400/miguel-cotto-fight-daniel-geale-canelo-alvarez-next

And he tried to use the example of Pacquiao making him come down to 145, which was actually only 1 pound less than he weighed in for his prior fight with Clottey.

Not only that, but he's gonna ask all Middleweight fighters to fight him at a catchweight, not the full 160! Eeek...He might as well go back down to 154.

Kinda pisses me off. You're the middleweight champion. The title limit is at 160. If he does fight Canelo or Golovkin, since he's the A side, he'll try toake the catchweight at 155-56. This is where the opponent needs to step up and say F Cotto, or F Mayweather (152 vs Canelo) or F Pacquiao especially when having drain yourselves to lose extra weight. The WBC should step in and say it's at 160 and if you can handle that, drop the title.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Sad, sad, sad...
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12632/stevenson-kovalev-not-happening-in-foreseeable-future

Hope nothing happens that'll kill the momentum on that one, like when Juan Manuel Lopez and Gamboa were going back and forth in the media.

Cant see the fight happening now. I blamed Stevenson the first time but this falls on main events, Kathy Duva. They went to the WBC and asked to be made the mandatory then backed out of a purse they knew they weren't going to win. On top of that they signed a extension with hbo which prohibits kovalev from fighting on another network

Yup. They're trying to build up the hype, but something is going to derail that from happening for sure and it won't be anywhere near as big, if it ever does happen. They're hoping to make it into the next version of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...LOL.

Kathy Duva responded...Stevenson's promoter might have done that, just to bring Stevenson out of the bad light because this entire time, everything has made it look like Stevenson didn't want the fight

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/more-on-kovalev-stevenson-286856

They went to the WBC asking to be made the mandatory. Maybe they should have waited

Kinda makes Duva look bad which is hardly the case.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Wow...Cotto vs. Geale is at 157 catchweight

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12698400/miguel-cotto-fight-daniel-geale-canelo-alvarez-next

And he tried to use the example of Pacquiao making him come down to 145, which was actually only 1 pound less than he weighed in for his prior fight with Clottey.

Not only that, but he's gonna ask all Middleweight fighters to fight him at a catchweight, not the full 160! Eeek...He might as well go back down to 154.

Kinda pisses me off. You're the middleweight champion. The title limit is at 160. If he does fight Canelo or Golovkin, since he's the A side, he'll try toake the catchweight at 155-56. This is where the opponent needs to step up and say F Cotto, or F Mayweather (152 vs Canelo) or F Pacquiao especially when having drain yourselves to lose extra weight. The WBC should step in and say it's at 160 and if you can handle that, drop the title.

Yup, dough. Disappointing.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Sad, sad, sad...
http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12632/stevenson-kovalev-not-happening-in-foreseeable-future

Hope nothing happens that'll kill the momentum on that one, like when Juan Manuel Lopez and Gamboa were going back and forth in the media.

Cant see the fight happening now. I blamed Stevenson the first time but this falls on main events, Kathy Duva. They went to the WBC and asked to be made the mandatory then backed out of a purse they knew they weren't going to win. On top of that they signed a extension with hbo which prohibits kovalev from fighting on another network

Yup. They're trying to build up the hype, but something is going to derail that from happening for sure and it won't be anywhere near as big, if it ever does happen. They're hoping to make it into the next version of Mayweather vs. Pacquiao...LOL.

Kathy Duva responded...Stevenson's promoter might have done that, just to bring Stevenson out of the bad light because this entire time, everything has made it look like Stevenson didn't want the fight

They went to the WBC asking to be made the mandatory. Maybe they should have waited

Is their something I'm missing dough. I haven't been able to read up on everything
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
anyone know the fight schedule for saturday night? will the crawford fight be aired before the matthysse/provodnikov fight?

I usually post them up on Thursdays, but since you brought it up, here's the schedule for the weekend:

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

Thanks for posting the schedules, but they don't show the approximate times of the main events (i hope). Since the crawford and matthysse/provo fights are a split-site double-header by HBO, i was thinking they might want to stagger the fight times (otherwise viewers will have to pick one to watch live and one via tape delay). However, the second link (which i normally use) has the exact same times for both fights.

Set that DVR.

I'm too cheap for DVR. According to HBO's schedule online, the Crawford fight is the co-main event, so it will most likely be shown right before the Matthysse/provo fight.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Both made weight! Really looking forward to this one:

http://www.boxingscene.com/weights-from-verona-matthysse-139-provodnikov-1395--89880

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Sad, sad, sad...

Is their something I'm missing dough. I haven't been able to read up on everything

People are just gonna cut through the politics and look at the meat. Stevenson and Kovalev dusted opponents and was on a collision. Both were HBO people. Haymon gets Steveson to Showtime and Duva flips. She even went to the courts and withdrew her claim when Hopkins agreed to fight Kovalev.

Now the WBC does something most organizations don't do: try to have other champions ranked. So they make Kovalev the mandatory for Stevenson. Pretty much what Duva has been wanting. She gets it and then pulls out. That's what most people are gonna see and it makes her looks as if she's holding up the contest. Mainly because she wants to stay loyal to HBO.

They just need to get in there and hammer out the deal. I can't see this fight going down on PBC but it would be great if it were on free TV. PPV usta be for the huge fights. Now it's been watered down tremendously. Kovalev vs. Stevenson is not a PPV bout. And Duva didn't have the coin to win a purse bid against that Haymon money machine. She wants a 50-50 split. I think a purse bid would allow Stevenson to get 75% of the bid and Kovalev 25% since it's the WBC and Stevenson is their champion.

Just politics and networks and money getting in the way again. Hopefully it goes down in the fall.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Both made weight! Really looking forward to this one:

http://www.boxingscene.com/weights-from-verona-matthysse-139-provodnikov-1395--89880

Was supposed to go out tomorrow but the old lady cancelled the plans. Saying she's not missing this fight. Lol.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

I'm getting toasted to watch this fight, my lady is down for the cause. Its just hard to imagine this fight not being an absolute battle.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

Provodnikov is forever stained for failing to beat/put away that bum Algieri.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Wouldn't say stained because of the damage he did to that eye but many thought he won that fight. Kinda too close to call but Provo will always get a pass for the beatings he gave Bradley and Alvarado. I mean those were two serious beatings. And I saw the Bradley one live.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Here is my prefight analysis and prediction for tonight's Matthysse/Provodnikov fight: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2015/04/matthysse-vs-provodnikov-prefight.html
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Crawford looked nice
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Damn this fight shoulda been at Stubhub.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Three good scores.

A lotta people had it at 114-114 or 115-113. Only thing that sucks about the fight was that early cut. I think hat probably makes a huge difference in the bout. Lucas was wearing down late.
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Three good scores.

A lotta people had it at 114-114 or 115-113. Only thing that sucks about the fight was that early cut. I think hat probably makes a huge difference in the bout. Lucas was wearing down late.

The score cards were good for this fight so people can't complain about who won or the score cards.

I want to see Lucas rematch Danny at 140 in the fall.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Fonfara putting it on jr
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Three good scores.

The score cards were good for this fight so people can't complain about who won or the score cards.

Just can't see it happening. Matthysse is probably gonna try 147 but he's built for 140. Had no problem making weight. So he's probably gonna stay and try 47 only if the right fight happens. Garcia is headed to 147. Hopefully they meet at 47. Matthysse had him until the eye slammed shut.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Fonfara putting it on jr

Dude is done. In a (bleep) up situation. Trying to fight in the same weight classes as Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson and Froch while carrying the name of a legendary fighter. Fonfara is no joke. Gave Stevenson trouble. Dude is really gonna hafta figure it what's best. Let's see if Haymon can work his magic.

Last edited by doughboy90650 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Three good scores.

Just can't see it happening. Matthysse is probably gonna try 147 but he's built for 140. Had no problem making weight. So he's probably gonna stay and try 47 only if the right fight happens. Garcia is headed to 147. Hopefully they meet at 47. Matthysse had him until the eye slammed shut.

Garcia has lost 2 of his last 3 fights and he really wants no part of the Machine. Who will he fight at 147? He needs to test the waters first before stepping in the ring with a top guy at 147. His first fight at 147 better be against an easy opponent, or he might be in trouble again.

He should stay at 140 for at least the rest of the year and maybe early next year.
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject:

So good to see chavez worked. I hope he gets his rematch and gets ktfo. I thought Matthysse won but a big disservice was done by his corner telling him he was ahead big. Provo is a bad man but he's just too easily out boxed, very good fight, gotta love and respect both guys.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Three good scores.

Garcia has lost 2 of his last 3 fights and he really wants no part of the Machine. Who will he fight at 147? He needs to test the waters first before stepping in the ring with a top guy at 147. His first fight at 147 better be against an easy opponent, or he might be in trouble again.

He should stay at 140 for at least the rest of the year and maybe early next year.

He should but the problem is his body won't allow it and the money is at 47. I don't think Matthysse lets a second chance go to waste if he faced Garcia. Danny's trying to cash out while taking the easiest fight at 47 for now. Can't see him jumping into the deep end in boxing's best division. Even the gatekeepers could expose him. Dude does have serious flaws.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

In_your_Eye wrote:
So good to see chavez worked. I hope he gets his rematch and gets ktfo. I thought Matthysse won but a big disservice was done by his corner telling him he was ahead big. Provo is a bad man but he's just too easily out boxed, very good fight, gotta love and respect both guys.

I though Provo really held his own and Matthysse benefitted from Provo's eye turning vampire and drinking all that blood. He was getting caught early but I think Provo could have pulled that out without the cut. Matthysse had to change his whole game plan because he never backs up and Provo made him box.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

Amir Imam showed how important a jab can be. He was nice last night. Plenty of salty Mexicans at the Hub last night.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 365, 366, 367 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 366 of 514
Jump to: