Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat (Pg. 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject:

tony smith wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
No Deng no deal.

It would be very ironic if Deng's contract blocked James signing with Chicago since he was the piece that blocked Kobe from heading to the Bulls.

If that's the case, Deng will have singlehandedly prevented TWO historical trades that would have forever altered the NBA power structure. Not bad for a glorified mid range jump shooter.

lol, thats great. If it leads to James going to LA, the Lakers would have to find a way to at least send him some Omaha Steaks or something.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 9:51 am    Post subject:

Well, like mentioned before, he IS changing his number from 23....so it could be very credible.

Although I'm not sure how Noah would feel.

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
djsaad1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Here is another report about him going to the bulls

Quote:
Sonny Vaccaro, once the most powerful man in amateur basketball and a friend of LeBron James', says LeBron will not play for the Cavs next year.
"If he chooses to leave, and I believe he will, he has the pick of the litter of where he can go," said Vaccaro. "In my opinion, the Bulls are the perfect fit." He also mentioned the Clippers as a place he could wind up. Prepare yourself for constant LeBron updates every day between now and the end of July.
Source: ESPN.com
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Chad Ford: 3 NBA GM's Predict LeBron Will Be A Bull

Quote:
Chad Ford: 3 NBA GM's Predict LeBron Will Be A Bull

Boston Celtics fans were chanting "New York Knicks" during Thursday's Game 6 every time that LeBron James went to the foul line. Maybe they should've been chanting "Chicago Bulls."

Within minutes of the Cleveland Cavaliers' elimination at the hands of the Celtics, the speculation about LeBron James' next destination resumed in full force.

In the space of five minutes I heard from three NBA GMs via text, e-mail and phone. All three said that based on the information they have, they believe LeBron will leave the Cavs.

More surprisingly, all of them said they believe the destination will be the Chicago Bulls. Two said they believe that John Calipari will be the Bulls' new head coach.

One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

I'm sure we'll hear various scenarios involving the Knicks, Nets and Heat over the course of the next month. But it's hard to come up with any other scenario that would be quite as appealing for LeBron.

http://espn.go.com/blog/TrueHoop/post/_/id/15881/lebron-to-the-bulls-3-gms-think-so
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject:

djsaad1 wrote:
Here is another report about him going to the bulls

Quote:
Sonny Vaccaro, once the most powerful man in amateur basketball and a friend of LeBron James', says LeBron will not play for the Cavs next year.
"If he chooses to leave, and I believe he will, he has the pick of the litter of where he can go," said Vaccaro. "In my opinion, the Bulls are the perfect fit." He also mentioned the Clippers as a place he could wind up. Prepare yourself for constant LeBron updates every day between now and the end of July.
Source: ESPN.com

Is that ESPN warning us themselves?
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject:

That ping pong ball that put James in Cleveland could be trumped by the one that put Rose in Chicago. They had a 1.7% chance and got a cheap building block that gives them a chance. They could have had more with the young talent they had, and signed Hinrich and Deng to questionable deals, but that ball bailed them out if they somehow get James (and Bosh).

I do wonder though what Cleveland's opinion of Deng really is. I wouldn't just assume they'd be fine with taking his deal rather than nothing, especially if they're trying to cut costs. Since that sign and trade could be so important in LBJ heading to Chicago (needing another slot open), they could work toward trading Deng in a 3 way for young talent.

I think Chicago's situation, say Rose/Hinrich/James/Bosh/Noah competes with the Lakers, but I wouldn't start printing up LBJ Bulls jerseys yet. This soap opera is going to be a monster soon.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject:

I still think if Lebron wants to win then the best place for him to go is the Nets assuming they land Wall. They can sign and trade Harris for Lebron then sign Bosh or Wade. They have a stud center in Lopez and some solid young improving role players in CDR, Courtney Lee, and Terrance Williams.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject:

I could definately see him in Chicago.

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:39 pm    Post subject: Knicks Might Give LeBron's HS Teammate Chance To Make Team

Quote:
Knicks Might Give LeBron's HS Teammate Chance To Make Team

If the Knicks are auditioning the desperately needed point guard position, they could do worse than offering a summer-league roster spot to one of LeBron James’ closest buddies, Dru Joyce III. The Knicks’ summer league team competes in July in Las Vegas.

Joyce, who played in Poland last season, was the rock on James’ high-school team at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron. In James’ book on his high school team, “Shooting Stars,” James calls Joyce “a brother” and King James nicknamed him “The General.”

The Knicks, who have no point guards on their roster other than Toney Douglas, are willing to pull out all the stops for James and probably would be willing to offer Joyce even a training-camp invitation — if that’s what it would take.

Nicknamed Little Dru, the 6-foot point guard averaged 7.5 points and 3.4 assists in Poland. Joyce’s father was their high school coach at St. Vincent-St. Mary.

Upon James’ recommendation, the Cavaliers signed Joyce to their summer league team in 2008.

James has a very close-knit set of long-time friends who are influential. And when he talked about his “team” having a “game plan” this summer during free agency, he was referring to his business manager, Maverick Carter, his agent Leon Rose and adviser William Wesley.

The three met with James in the visitor’s locker room late Thursday night after the Cavaliers’ ouster in Boston.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/hs_teammate_could_be_used_as_bait_zk4pkzicQd7ikEHE3v2xvJ
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Knicks Might Give LeBron's HS Teammate Chance To Make Team

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Knicks Might Give LeBron's HS Teammate Chance To Make Team

If the Knicks are auditioning the desperately needed point guard position, they could do worse than offering a summer-league roster spot to one of LeBron James’ closest buddies, Dru Joyce III. The Knicks’ summer league team competes in July in Las Vegas.

Joyce, who played in Poland last season, was the rock on James’ high-school team at St. Vincent-St. Mary in Akron. In James’ book on his high school team, “Shooting Stars,” James calls Joyce “a brother” and King James nicknamed him “The General.”

The Knicks, who have no point guards on their roster other than Toney Douglas, are willing to pull out all the stops for James and probably would be willing to offer Joyce even a training-camp invitation — if that’s what it would take.

Nicknamed Little Dru, the 6-foot point guard averaged 7.5 points and 3.4 assists in Poland. Joyce’s father was their high school coach at St. Vincent-St. Mary.

Upon James’ recommendation, the Cavaliers signed Joyce to their summer league team in 2008.

James has a very close-knit set of long-time friends who are influential. And when he talked about his “team” having a “game plan” this summer during free agency, he was referring to his business manager, Maverick Carter, his agent Leon Rose and adviser William Wesley.

The three met with James in the visitor’s locker room late Thursday night after the Cavaliers’ ouster in Boston.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/hs_teammate_could_be_used_as_bait_zk4pkzicQd7ikEHE3v2xvJ

That's how you win a championship! Put his friends and family on the roster. If he's happy winning 30 games a year with friends, that's cool.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:41 pm    Post subject:

how pathetic
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One GM went a bit further in a phone call a few minutes later. "I think the Bulls are really going to go for it. Look for them to offer the Cavs Luol Deng in a sign-and-trade for LeBron. That will allow them to retain most of their cap space. Then they'll go after Dwyane Wade or Chris Bosh as well."

So, Rose, Lebron and Wade all sharing a 1 ball? Bosh sure, but Wade, nope.

Cavs would be stupid to do that though. Deng isn't the best they could do and they do have the upper hand here.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:42 pm    Post subject: Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

Quote:
Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

“Chicago or Miami,” says Charles Oakley, the former Knicks power forward. “Not New York. He’s leaving. “He wants to go someplace where he can win. He’s been in the league, what, seven or eight years? It’s time for him to get over the hump.”

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/05/15/charles-oakley-chimes-in-on-slowly-developing-lebron-james-story/
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Slowly developing LeBron James story?

This has been a few years in the making when James just got the 3 year deal instead of a long term one.

!...
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I know when I want Lebron news, I go to a guy who never played with or against him who has no ties to him whatsoever.

Up next, Wayne Gretzky weighs in on where Lebron is going in a roundtable discussion with Lance Armstrong, Pele, Steve Garvey and some dude who played college lacrosse at a midwest Juco for half a season.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James reportedly called Bulls guard Derrick Rose to say that "he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together."

Though emanating from the Chicago Daily Herald, this was first mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and then confirmed by a league source. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme but is sure to kindle endless LeBron-to-Chicago rumors.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381195
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I know when I want Lebron news, I go to a guy who never played with or against him who has no ties to him whatsoever.

Up next, Wayne Gretzky weighs in on where Lebron is going in a roundtable discussion with Lance Armstrong, Pele, Steve Garvey and some dude who played college lacrosse at a midwest Juco for half a season.

I'd listen to whatever that group had to say about almost anything.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:43 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James reportedly called Bulls guard Derrick Rose to say that "he likes Rose's game, likes his team and would welcome the chance to play together."

Though emanating from the Chicago Daily Herald, this was first mentioned by ESPN reporter Scoop Jackson and then confirmed by a league source. It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme but is sure to kindle endless LeBron-to-Chicago rumors.

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381195

It wouldn't be a big deal if he did it after the Bulls lost to the Cavs but to do it after the Cavs were eliminated is strange.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 7:13 am    Post subject:

Hard to say whether LeBron is considering it, or faking it to use Chicago as leverage so he can force a sign-and-trade elsewhere.

If he does go to Chicago, Rose will have to sacrifice his game as his role will undergo a major change. Chicago will still lack low-post scoring as trading Deng is unlikely to solve that problem.
krack18
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Bulls should just sign Bosh or Stoudamaire....
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

“Chicago or Miami,” says Charles Oakley, the former Knicks power forward. “Not New York. He’s leaving. “He wants to go someplace where he can win. He’s been in the league, what, seven or eight years? It’s time for him to get over the hump.”

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/05/15/charles-oakley-chimes-in-on-slowly-developing-lebron-james-story/

Barkley should know by know that Lebron's goal isnt to win.
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject:

The report makes no sense at all, except to generate site traffic.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Hard to say whether LeBron is considering it, or faking it to use Chicago as leverage so he can force a sign-and-trade elsewhere.

If he does go to Chicago, Rose will have to sacrifice his game as his role will undergo a major change. Chicago will still lack low-post scoring as trading Deng is unlikely to solve that problem.

It would likely take ownership willing to pay luxury tax to take Deng, but outside that what about Utah for Boozer? Utah signed him (and Okur) to big deals at the time and have Matthews and Korver expiring. They could use Deng on Carmelo for years to come as either Deng or Miles can switch between the 2 and 3.

Boozer is the key as I can see New York maxing out JJ and Boozer with their room to try and make a splash. That puts Utah in the position to loose him for nothing, and though very expensive I could see Deng fitting in more than it seems. This is a Deng trade that helps both teams, and could actually be a domino that falls BEFORE James decides. Tons of maybes up in the air, but this could be something like the Ray Allen deal before they secured KG.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject:

I say he's going to the Clippers! Clipper Daryl told me so on the subway yesterday!
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject:

Lebron leaves the Cavs for Chi or the Nets he starts over. All the time knowing that Orlando might not be much of a future threat and the Celts getting older. Hawks might fall apart too. Why leave the Cavs? You can trade and draft and help that team as it is, sign a ETO contract and give it another short window.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17
Jump to: