Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat (Pg. 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject:

He knew he was going to the Bulls before the season started. That's why he is going to change his jersey number to 6. Because 23 is retired.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

Master)v(ind wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
Charles Oakley: "Chicago or Miami," for LeBron

“Chicago or Miami,” says Charles Oakley, the former Knicks power forward. “Not New York. He’s leaving. “He wants to go someplace where he can win. He’s been in the league, what, seven or eight years? It’s time for him to get over the hump.”

http://thebiglead.com/index.php/2010/05/15/charles-oakley-chimes-in-on-slowly-developing-lebron-james-story/

Barkley should know by know that Lebron's goal isnt to win.

Okay.

But what about Charles Oakley?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
He knew he was going to the Bulls before the season started. That's why he is going to change his jersey number to 6. Because 23 is retired.

You don't need to file paperwork with the league if you are going to a new team and want a different jersey number.

The only time you need to file the paperwork is if you are changing your jersey number while remaining with your current team. In other words, he did it so that he can change his number regardless of where he played.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: LeBron Has Had Say In Cleveland's Trades

Quote:
LeBron Has Had Say In Cleveland's Trades

LeBron James has had a lot of power in Cleveland, according to ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

Sources told Bucher that James vetoed trades he didn't like for the Cavaliers, while pushing other deals through that he thought would help the team.

Any team that signs LeBron will likely have to set a basis for how much power he'll have in the front office.

Bulls owner Jerry Reinsdorf never gave that type of power to Michael Jordan, so it's doubtful he'd give it to James.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2ffeatures%2frumors
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Wow Cleveland is pathetic.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
Wow Cleveland is pathetic.

Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
djsaad1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I am sure every superstar has some say in trades. If we could have gotten ray allen for sasha 3 years ago I doubt kobe would have allowed it. You have to keep your superstars happy.

On the other hand, even though Kobe might have vetoed some trades he isn't bolting from the Lakers either. If you are going to control the trades your team makes then you better stay loyal to them too.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
Legacy wrote:

True, but its like LBJ to want to say he changed the number of his own accord, rather than because its retired. Makes something he would have to do a "magnanimous" gesture ahead of time, to curry favor with the fans of mj's old team.

You don't need to file paperwork with the league if you are going to a new team and want a different jersey number.

The only time you need to file the paperwork is if you are changing your jersey number while remaining with your current team. In other words, he did it so that he can change his number regardless of where he played.

djsaad1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:15 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Legacy wrote:

True, but its like LBJ to want to say he changed the number of his own accord, rather than because its retired. Makes something he would have to do a "magnanimous" gesture ahead of time, to curry favor with the fans of mj's old team.

My guess would be that it was all about the money, the guy with the second most jersey sales this year, has a new jersey next year. It doesn't matter if he stays or goes a ton of people are going to be buying a new lebron jersey next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject:

djsaad1 wrote:
24 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Legacy wrote:

My guess would be that it was all about the money, the guy with the second most jersey sales this year, has a new jersey next year. It doesn't matter if he stays or goes a ton of people are going to be buying a new lebron jersey next year.

That is pretty nice of Lebron to see that the league gets more revenue from him changing jersey numbers.
djsaad1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
djsaad1 wrote:
24 wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
Legacy wrote:

That is pretty nice of Lebron to see that the league gets more revenue from him changing jersey numbers.

He might not make money directly from the sale of the new jerseys, but I wouldn't be surprised if the nba or adidas gave him some type of "incentive" for changing numbers.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:39 pm    Post subject: LeBron's Co-Author Urges Him To Sign With Knicks

Quote:
LeBron's Co-Author Urges Him To Sign With Knicks

Buzz Bissinger, the co-author of "Shooting Stars" with LeBron James, writes that James should leave the Cavaliers and sign with the Knicks.

Bissinger thinks that James needs to play in New York for his personal growth, to open a new chapter in his life outside of Ohio.

"I believe LeBron needs to be in a place that is bigger and more dynamic than even he is, and the only possible place is New York (though as a Philadelphian it pains me to say that)," Bissinger writes.

"The hysteria over his coming would be incredible at first, just as it was when Reggie Jackson and Alex Rodriguez joined the Yankees. If he played well, the hysteria would continue. He would own the town," Bussinger continues. "But if the team struggled, he would hear about it, just as Jackson and Rodriguez heard about it. If he ever turned in a performance like the one he had in Game 5 against the Celtics, he would never be allowed to forget it — which, in the long run, would only help his game further develop and blossom."

Bissinger ends with a final thought directed to James.

"LeBron, take the chance. Just go and never look back. In the greatest city in the world, you will never regret it. It is time to leave home."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/20/opinion/20bissinger.html
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: LeBron Isn't House Hunting In Chicago

Quote:
LeBron Isn't House Hunting In Chicago

There is no truth to rumors that LeBron James is house hunting in Highland Park, writes the Chicago Tribune.

Rumors swirled that James was looking for real estate in Chicago, with some even suggesting he was doing so with Michael Jordan.

Matt Silver, an Evanston real estate agent, told the Tribune that he does not believe the rumors.

"I got about 20 text messages today from about six or eight agents, who were like, 'Are you working with (James)?' I said: 'What are you talking about?' " Silver said.

"I am pretty quiet about stuff (involving celebs). But there are lots of people in my profession who can't keep their mouth shut."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0520-around-town--20100519,0,7491657.column
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: LeBron Isn't House Hunting In Chicago

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
LeBron Isn't House Hunting In Chicago

There is no truth to rumors that LeBron James is house hunting in Highland Park, writes the Chicago Tribune.

Rumors swirled that James was looking for real estate in Chicago, with some even suggesting he was doing so with Michael Jordan.

Matt Silver, an Evanston real estate agent, told the Tribune that he does not believe the rumors.

"I got about 20 text messages today from about six or eight agents, who were like, 'Are you working with (James)?' I said: 'What are you talking about?' " Silver said.

"I am pretty quiet about stuff (involving celebs). But there are lots of people in my profession who can't keep their mouth shut."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-spt-0520-around-town--20100519,0,7491657.column

The rumor may well be BS, but this news item is kind of ridiculous. They say there is no evidence Lebron is house hunting, but their only support is some real estate agent saying he doesn't think it is true and then admitting that he is tight lipped about celebs anyway.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject:

Who cares?

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
djsaad1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject:

They should fine Obama 100K like they did cuban and kerr.

Quote:
Obama explores LeBron's options

Associated Press

If LeBron James isn't sure he can win in Cleveland, President Barack Obama thinks there's an opportunity with his hometown Chicago Bulls.

"You know, like I said, I don't want to meddle," Obama told TNT. "I will say this: [Derrick] Rose, Joakim Noah it's a pretty good core. You know, you could see LeBron fitting in pretty well there."

LeBron Tracker

James Where will LeBron James land? We're keeping tabs on the King. Here's the latest. LeBron Tracker

Obama was interviewed about a number of basketball subjects by broadcaster Marv Albert on the White House basketball court. The interview will be shown Tuesday night at 8 p.m. ET.

James can become a free agent this summer, and his decision whether to leave the Cavaliers is one of the hottest topics in sports. Though he's never said he wants out of his native Ohio, there's speculation he'd consider it after the Cavaliers were knocked out of the playoffs in the second round by the Boston Celtics.

"I think that the most important thing for LeBron right now is actually to find a structure where he's got a coach that he respects and is working hard with teammates who care about him and if that's in Cleveland, then he should stay in Cleveland," Obama said. "If he doesn't feel like he can get it there, then someplace else."

Obama compared James' situation to the Bulls not winning until Michael Jordan had confidence in Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen and the rest of his teammates. Once that happened, Chicago won six NBA championships in the 1990s.

"It wasn't until you got that framework around you that you could be a champion," Obama said. "Same thing happened with Kobe [Bryant]. You know, I think that, first with Shaq [O'Neal] then later with [Pau] Gasol, you know, he's gotten that sense of a team around him and I think LeBron hasn't quite been able to get that yet. That's what he needs to find."
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm    Post subject: LeBron: Cavs Have An Edge

Quote:
LeBron: Cavs Have An Edge

In an interview with Larry King that will air on Friday, LeBron James said the Cavaliers have the inside track on retaining him as a free-agent this summer.

King asked James, "Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in?"

"Oh, absolutely," James said.

King then asked James if he meant his home team, the Cavs.

"Absolutely," James answered. "Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years.

"And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And - and so it does have an edge."

James' remarks are the first insight into which way he is leaning since Cleveland was eliminated from the playoffs nearly three weeks ago.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/01/lebron-cleveland-has-edge-when-hes-free-agent/
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject:

the only reason to come out with a statment like that is if you're preparing an excuse for leaving (they didn't do enough, etc...).
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
the only reason to come out with a statment like that is if you're preparing an excuse for leaving (they didn't do enough, etc...).

Even though I know better, I homestly hope he stays in Cleaveland. It would give LA an ever better chance of shipping out Bynum and getting Bosh.

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
James answered. "Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven winless years.

Fixed.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: LeBron: Cavs Have An Edge

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
LeBron: Cavs Have An Edge

In an interview with Larry King that will air on Friday, LeBron James said the Cavaliers have the inside track on retaining him as a free-agent this summer.

King asked James, "Do you lean at all toward the place you know the best? I mean do they have an edge going in?"

"Oh, absolutely," James said.

King then asked James if he meant his home team, the Cavs.

"Absolutely," James answered. "Because, you know, this city, these fans, I mean, have given me a lot in these seven years.

"And, you know, for me, it's comfortable. So I've got a lot of memories here. And - and so it does have an edge."

James' remarks are the first insight into which way he is leaning since Cleveland was eliminated from the playoffs nearly three weeks ago.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/01/lebron-cleveland-has-edge-when-hes-free-agent/

those answers were weak. he's leaving
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I'm SO tired of this LeBron James bullish. Seriously, this guy has the ego the size of whatever state he ends up being in. I wish him nothing but first and second round exits for the rest of his career.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
I'm SO tired of this LeBron James bullish. Seriously, this guy has the ego the size of whatever state he ends up being in. I wish him nothing but first and second round exits for the rest of his career.

Wossap
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron wants shots at championships, his only chance in the next couple years is in Miami with Wade.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Lebron's ego is big, and he doesn't hide it at all. Not even a little bit. I would be surprised if Bosh would prefer to play with Bron, rather than Wade.

I think Bosh and Wade end up in Miami
Lebron and Amare in NYC, unless the Suns offer him the max before the 1st.
Boozer with the bulls.

I don't see any team wanting what the cavs would be offering in a sign and trade. JJ Hickson, a late 1st, and contract fillers.

The Cavs only hope is that if they the Raptors want the package. I don't see why they would take on near max salary for that package. When they can buy 2 first round picks for less. The Cavs don't have the ability to sign him outright. The Raptors tell him to find another team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17
Jump to: