Talk Crap About Lebron Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

If you think Kobe drops those numbers and the Lakers lose we'd be kissing his ass, you haven't spent much time here.

Uhhh, yeah we would, and LG would have turned into a massive "Kobe can't win with these scrubs" argument.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject:

slippy wrote:
Quote:

If you think Kobe drops those numbers and the Lakers lose we'd be kissing his ass, you haven't spent much time here.

Uhhh, yeah we would, and LG would have turned into a massive "Kobe can't win with these scrubs" argument.

Of course! That's the double-standard with the media and Leblow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
Star Player
Star Player

slippy wrote:
Quote:

(bleep)! Every loss is Kobe's fault, either it's defense or selfishness or not getting his teammates involved. What crap!
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

82410 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
stacato wrote:
Yes he made a couple of shots in the end, but he didn't TAKE OVER THE GAME WHEN IT COUNTED MOST, and that's what I'm talking about, that's the difference between him and Kobe. That is why Kobe is the BEST closer in the game.

He didn't take over the game? All of the points in the closing minute were a result of either him scoring or getting someone a shot, were they not? Again, a dude missed a wide open corner tre that they got off his penetration.

When it counted, James wilted. When it counted, James shrunk. When it counted, James was James.

When does the game start counting? Within the last 4 minutes...can we say?

Dunk at 3:49 to pull them within 1
Layup at 3:06 to pull them within 1
Didn't he Williams get his 3 at 2:04 off the secondary pass off James double (unsure about this one)...got them within 1
Missed 1 of 2 freebies at 1:39 (big miss here)
Varajoa gets a layup off the secondary pass off James double at 1:09 to pull them within 2
Assisted on West's 3 pointer at .40...up by 1
And 1 with .25 left to put them up by 2....on a hell of a shot to foul out Howard
Got West a wide open look at .04....off the secondary pass from him being doubled

Yeah...he wilted in the clutch........
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ArminNBA wrote:
Stu Lantz is my Homeboy wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
NO dude, LeBron played amazing talking fairly. His teammates choked in the clutch. Mo williams or Z.

Delonte, Williams, and Varejao were making the clutch shots down the stretch. LBJ was missing free-throws.

Please, We all hate Lebron him, but you shouldnt say stupids things. A guy with 49 shooting on 65% also 6 rebounds 8 assists, and he did a freaking 3 point play to put his team 2 up with 20 seconds away...all this is a hell of game.

What do you think of his defense tonight? That is HALF of the entire basketball game.

Van Gundy's strategy was to let Bron get his, that was obvious. WOuldn't surprise me to see Lebron score 49 again, maybe more than once. Van Gundy is playing to win, not to stop Lebron from scoring, necessarily, Van Gundy realizes that if you make Lebron a scorer, Cleveland's offense bogs down.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Yep he lost...and he was celebrating in the first quarter.

Yes he wilted, he couldn't keep his team ahead even with all his points.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
stacato wrote:
Yes he made a couple of shots in the end, but he didn't TAKE OVER THE GAME WHEN IT COUNTED MOST, and that's what I'm talking about, that's the difference between him and Kobe. That is why Kobe is the BEST closer in the game.

He didn't take over the game? All of the points in the closing minute were a result of either him scoring or getting someone a shot, were they not? Again, a dude missed a wide open corner tre that they got off his penetration.

Soon or later you need to create shots for yourself... he travelled and got away with it, then he turned the ball over, then he got a bogus and 1... missed clutch FTs...

I take the the one that made 8 straight FTs with weight of the game on him.... difference in what you like: "1st thru 3rd qtr" superstar or the 4Q ACE?

But I get it... as a fan of the former top 1st-3rd Qtr superstar (TMac) I get the attraction.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
NO dude, LeBron played amazing talking fairly. His teammates choked in the clutch. Mo williams or Z.

Delonte, Williams, and Varejao were making the clutch shots down the stretch. LBJ was missing free-throws.

Please, We all hate Lebron him, but you shouldnt say stupids things. A guy with 49 shooting on 65% also 6 rebounds 8 assists, and he did a freaking 3 point play to put his team 2 up with 20 seconds away...all this is a hell of game.

What do you think of his defense tonight? That is HALF of the entire basketball game.

Van Gundy's strategy was to let Bron get his, that was obvious. WOuldn't surprise me to see Lebron score 49 again, maybe more than once. Van Gundy is playing to win, not to stop Lebron from scoring, necessarily, Van Gundy realizes that if you make Lebron a scorer, Cleveland's offense bogs down.

I'm talking about Lebron's awful defense throughout the game and down the stretch. According to you, offense is the only factor in a basketball game.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

Good strategy. The Cavs missed a lot of open jumpers though.

It seems like Brown is willing to let Howard get his and not give up 3's as well. It stopped working in the 2nd half though. I don't know why he had Big Z trying to D up at the end instead of Joe Smith or Wallace though....
slippy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
(bleep)! Every loss is Kobe's fault, either it's defense or selfishness or not getting his teammates involved. What crap!

I'll say this though. Orlando made adjustments, and even though Lebron had monster numbers, Cavs PPG in the 2nd half went way, way down. "Lebron ball" (or "Kobe ball" or any iso-centric play) against a great defensive team is not the best way to play basketball for a whole game.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject:

lebron didn't choke, and Cavs didn't choke either, they played well
the refs choked, they didn't foul out Howard fast enough, and Lebron didn't shoot 20 fts, so it is the refs fault.

if you don't let Lebron get a running start from the 3 pts line, he is really easy to guard, slow him down a bit, he has no back to the basket game nor in between game, and he can't change his pace.
if you know basketball, watch how kobe played him in both games, and watch how Artest and Battier played him

they deny him the ball if he is out of the 3pt line, and let him catch it with his back to the basket( which he is not effective), if he got the ball beyond the 3pt line, force him left and force him to your help, because when he drives left, his speed is much slower.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Come to think of it... LeChoke does have lot of resemblence to TMac... TMac was also a physical freak with ton of athleticism, 6'10" with crazy wingspan.

Great for 1-3 qtrs... but boy you can always count on him to choke in the 4th when his teammates needed him the most.

Both depended solely on their natural physical talents and most of us called it that they would have the fastest decline with their lack of true bball skills.

So far, TMac is right on cue on that easy prediction... who here thinks LeBron will be any good at 30?
kobe_fan4life
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Lebron has GOT to take that last shot he had at the end of the game. That is totally unacceptable from the so called "King"

Even if he missed it, thats his job.

Kobe or Jordan, u better believe they taking tha last shot no matter what the circumstances are
Stu Lantz is my Homeboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

I'm talking about Lebron's awful defense throughout the game and down the stretch. According to you, offense is the only factor in a basketball game.

Good offense always owns good defense in a basketball game. Defense wins championships, but if a superstar is on fire, even the greatest defender ever cant stop him.
Stu Lantz is my Homeboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:20 pm    Post subject:

kobe_fan4life wrote:
Lebron has GOT to take that last shot he had at the end of the game. That is totally unacceptable from the so called "King"

Even if he missed it, thats his job.

Kobe or Jordan, u better believe they taking tha last shot no matter what the circumstances are

Maybe, but Delonte was open for three....that was a perfect play. I would prefer Kobe pass the ball for Pau who is alone for the easy shot, that kobe shooting with two guys on him.
KINGD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject:

Man I can't believe the hate Lebron is getting.
Seriously? Dude scored 49 pts on 67% shooting to go along with 8 assists. That was a amazing game. He deserves nothing but props.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject:

KINGD wrote:
Seriously? Dude scored 49 pts on 67% shooting to go along with 8 assists. That was a amazing game. He deserves nothing but props.

Great stats Lebron...oh nice loss too.

Everyone should be applauded for losing...especially losing a game you were dominating. But you enjoy those great stats Lebron, the Magic will enjoy the win.

Last edited by Lakers5150 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject:

KINGD wrote:

0-1 is the only stat that matters.
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Dream, when it counted means when the HEAT is on, when the PRESSURE COOKER is overflowing. When the game is on the line. The game wasn't on the line in the first half, it was on the line the last couple of minutes. That is the hardest period during a game to do anything right. That is what separates the great ones from the rest. Yes Lebron is a great player no doubt, but he hasn't shown the ability to come through in the clutch again and again like Kobe has been doing for years. Until he does that on a consistent basis he shouldn't be compared to Kobe in that regard. That is all I'm saying
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

Good offense always owns good defense in a basketball game. Defense wins championships, but if a superstar is on fire, even the greatest defender ever cant stop him.

When did Hedo Turkoglu become a superstar?
Bean24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject:

stacato wrote:
Dream, when it counted means when the HEAT is on, when the PRESSURE COOKER is overflowing. When the game is on the line. The game wasn't on the line in the first half, it was on the line the last couple of minutes. That is the hardest period during a game to do anything right. That is what separates the great ones from the rest. Yes Lebron is a great player no doubt, but he hasn't shown the ability to come through in the clutch again and again like Kobe has been doing for years. Until he does that on a consistent basis he shouldn't be compared to Kobe in that regard. That is all I'm saying

Kobe bailed him and the team out in the gold medal game too. No Kobe, still Lebronze.

Last edited by Bean24 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject:

stacato wrote:

This is bad play in the last couple of minutes?

Dunk at 3:49 to pull them within 1
Layup at 3:06 to pull them within 1
Didn't he Williams get his 3 at 2:04 off the secondary pass off James double (unsure about this one)...got them within 1
Missed 1 of 2 freebies at 1:39 (big miss here)
Varajoa gets a layup off the secondary pass off James double at 1:09 to pull them within 2
Assisted on West's 3 pointer at .40...up by 1
And 1 with .25 left to put them up by 2....on a hell of a shot to foul out Howard
Got West a wide open look at .04....off the secondary pass from him being doubled

I have seen LeBron come through in the clutch on many occassions. Now to be fair, if I needed a last shot to win I would rather give it to Kobe because I know he will make his FT's.
Lakers5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject:

What was the final score? Oh yeah Lehype lost.

Just making sure.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Lebronze is not Kobe. He is a great player but he is not the be all end all the media dubs him. The King passed out to a 3 point shooter but to be honest, that is a low % shot for ANY shooter, let alone at the end of the game.

You gotta find a better shot. Or be a man and take your shot. Either way, Lebronze just gave up HCA to Orlando. And he won't be hitting his 67% all series long.

The earth will come to Lebronze faster than he will return to earth.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what the media will say tomorrow? Will they say the Cavs are soft? That they have no intensity? That they gave up a big lead because they have no focus, that they're over-confident, that they don't respect their opponents, that they take games off?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29
Jump to: