OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: OFFICIAL DWIGHT HOWARD DISCUSSION (Put all postmortem analysis and links to articles here)

that means i probably will not sign until august or so. houston will wait. i tell f/o you put some pieces around me and kobe. fire dantoni and get a real defensive minded coach and i resign. hes been down this road, he is not going to just resign with a team who is showing they are going down the hill and not up. i cant wait to see if he helps out us laker fans. i think they are going to have to pay a large luxury tax whether they want to or not.
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: if im dwight i dont resign until i see what the lakers do about putting shooters around me and dantoni

clutchkobe wrote:
that means i probably will not sign until august or so. houston will wait. i tell f/o you put some pieces around me and kobe. fire dantoni and get a real defensive minded coach and i resign. hes been down this road, he is not going to just resign with a team who is showing they are going down the hill and not up. i cant wait to see if he helps out us laker fans. i think they are going to have to pay a large luxury tax whether they want to or not.

That's exactly what he's thinking but knowing Jimmy and the spoiled and prideful he is he won't let anyone dictatate him around and just let dwight walk and keep dantoni.
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject:

The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

So Dwight will go somewhere that isn't his first choice for less money if he doesn't get his way? I can't see that happening.
WaltonFam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:
The last time Jimbo said he went out and signed shooters we got stalwarts like Kapono and Troy Murphy.

lol. Lakers are screwed for a while. Dasfosho.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

this is true....omg we are doomed!!!!
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject:

word on the street is the Lakers covet Ben Gordon and plan on offering him a 6 yr extension
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject:

JoJo Dancer wrote:

With the Lakers cap situation it's hard to get the good shooters, they usually want the MLE. Guys usually only want to take less money if they think they're going to win it all and I don't know if the Lakers can attract any of those guys at this moment.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject:

If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.
malicious_intent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Trade gasol for monte Ellis!!!!! He can fill in for Kobe until he gets back and he can move over to pg when he gets back or Kobe moves to sf

Nash
Ellis
Kobe
Hill
Howard

Next summer decide if we want to resign Ellis or another fa
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
If I'm Dwight I take a good look at the decisions Jim Buss have made and I head straight for the exit, else he'd be in yet another situation like Orlando with bad decision after bad decision. Only way I would stay is if he would rectify his mistakes and hire the right coach.

So the decisions that Jim made that resulted in 2 titles and 3 Finals visits should scare Howard away? Is he afraid of winning?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject:

malicious_intent wrote:
Trade gasol for monte Ellis!!!!! He can fill in for Kobe until he gets back and he can move over to pg when he gets back or Kobe moves to sf

Nash
Ellis
Kobe
Hill
Howard

Next summer decide if we want to resign Ellis or another fa

But will Ellis opt out for a FA contract now? My guess is that he does and works out a longer deal with the Bucks, it seems to be a good fit.
composite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So Dwight will go somewhere that isn't his first choice for less money if he doesn't get his way? I can't see that happening.

So the Lakers will let Dwight walk for nothing just to save $4 mil a year by keeping D'Antoni? I can't see that happening.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
Only way we bring in talent is a trade. Pau has played great lately and is the only asset we really have.

Would Houston trade us Parsons for Gasol if they knew Dwight would not go? Parsons is very good, but a player like Pau makes them a very well rounded team.

Honestly, this is going to be an interesting summer. I dont see what the Lakers can really do to make a team that Dwight can contend with.

Parsons makes like 1 million dollars lol where does the rest of the salary come from?
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject:

ucntgrd24 wrote:
rock0100 wrote:

Parsons makes like 1 million dollars lol where does the rest of the salary come from?

Small filler contract if needed. They have the cap room to absorb Paus contract.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Let him walk. If he decides he doesn't want to be a Laker than I don't want him here. But he'll stay. He cannot afford anymore bad press after the fiasco in Orlando.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Statcat wrote:
Let him walk. If he decides he doesn't want to be a Laker than I don't want him here. But he'll stay. He cannot afford anymore bad press after the fiasco in Orlando.

I dont see there being negative press. He would simply be a free agent choosing a good situation.

I hope he stays. We shall see.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject:

its all about Wiggins at this point
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject:

shooters are overrated. proven by the jodie meeks experiment. we need players who can shoot and create
ucntgrd24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
shooters are overrated. proven by the jodie meeks experiment. we need players who can shoot and create

not sure why ppl are obsessed with meeks. for his salary he is actually decent, if not good. 1.5 mil is rarely gonna get you a gamechanger or sixth man of the year

nate robinson and jr smith are anomalies. there is a reason they bounced around a bit before finally finding a niche
laker84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject:

Draft Glenn Rice Junior. Probably would be a first for Kobe to be a teammate with a father and son.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
its all about Wiggins at this point

no
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

So the decisions that Jim made that resulted in 2 titles and 3 Finals visits should scare Howard away? Is he afraid of winning?

are you jim buss agent? what moves did he make to get us two titles and 3 final visit.....remember at that time he said jerry buss made all the moves then.....the decisions i remember about jim buss are andrew bynum which was a good decision and rudy t....which was a bad one. was jim buss in charge?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject:

EVERYTHING GOOD THAT HAPPENED TO LAKERS WAS JERRY
EVERYTHING BAD WAS JIM

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844  Next
Page 1 of 844
Jump to: