The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
Quote:
Here's an article I wrote about why the Lakers should be stripped of their 2010 World Champions title.

Quote:
they should be stripped of the title because the distorted and biased officiating system of the NBA and it's President, handed it to them on a silver platter. Inthis case, the best team lost, and it was proven once again that the "Good Guys" don't always win

Quote:
i am waiting for someone to post the video of Kobe kicking Perk's leg out from under him when he got hurt. Why has no one posted it?

Quote:
The Celtics are constantly getting hosed by Stern. A few years ago when we came in next to last place we were going onto the drawing for the draft pick and came up with the fifth spot.

Quote:
I agree that the Lakers won the series and as hard as it is to admit they are the better team this year (by a narrow margin).

Quote:
Many of us are still in the denial phase.

Quote:
i hate the lakers with a passion myself, but to strip them of their title just comes off like someone whining. our boys lost.....it sucks more than anything, but u have to come to terms with it and move on.

Quote:
I am a life long Celtic fan, but did not feel we were ripped off. Frankly, the refs allowed alot of contact in game 7, which played to our advantage. Lakers beat us, let's deal with it and move on.

Quote:
I think the winners of the Euroleague should challenge the Lakers to a playoff. If the Europeans win, then we should get rid of the World Champions moniker.

Quote:
What I don't understand is how this league can be above corruption and/or incompetence. Is it really that far out to think that? This country is full of businessmen, politicians that would lie to make a buck. Why is it so hard to believe that this league is immune to that?

Quote:
I hate the Lakers winning so much more than I hate the Celtics losing. God that sucks!

Quote:
It took me years to admit Magic Johnson was a decent player in the 80's and that those Lakers weren't a bunch of softy chokers. I hated them then, and I hate them now, but they won game 7 by being mentally tougher and hitting shots when it mattered most. Yes, there were a bunch of foul shots for the Lakers, but they were by and large legitimate because the Celtics were dead tired and incapable of legally defending any longer.

Quote:
It's pretty obvious that had game 7 been in Boston, the C's would've rolled - that 13 point 3rd quarter lead would've turned into 25. The Lakers were not the better team, necessarily. They just had the home court advantage, cause the C's obviously took it easy during the season.

When the Celtics were sending the Lakers to the line in the 4th quarter, I couldn't help but notice that they were as compliant as lambs. No complaints. No protestations. Because they knew that their little scheme came undone finally. You can only deliberately foul your way to a title once. Everyone catches on afterward.

So, here's the song that was probably playing in their heads during those last few minutes of the 4th quarter of game 7:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTnq268y2ms&feature=related
mefor3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject:

LOVING IT!!!
Daniel0501
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject:

grimmz4764 wrote:
These clowns act like they would have cheered Jerry West in Boston. Bill knows it was all in good fun, he got a good laugh out of it. I'm sure he was less offended then when he was called racial slurs back during his playing days in Boston.

Exactly. Are we supposed to yell and cheer for a guy who won 8 titles at our expense? Even Laker fans too young to remember those series have tasted defeat at the hands of the Celtics and know how crappy it feels.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Reload, regroup, get back in it and kick some Los Angeles behind. After all, "The Lakers are a second rate dynasty." We just need to show them.

second rate??? the celtics weren't relevent for 20 years, a one hit wonder, and the lakers are a second rate dynasty! the lakers won 5 championships in the last 10 years. no one eles went back-to-back except the lakers!

[bugs bunny]that's rich! whadda maroon![/bugs bunny]

Exactly!!! ONE title in a quarter century and 11 when players regularly wore Chuck Taylors on the court. Boston... Where delusion happens.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:06 am    Post subject:

JTS1 wrote:
the lakers won 5 championships in the last 10 years.

11 years actually, but still highly impressive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject:

Good stuff
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:

thetitleisours said...

Think of it this way, the Lakers only won by a few points and a wing and a prayer (and a zebra or two).

We destroyed them in 2008. Our championship is still superior to theirs
Reply June 22, 2010 at 02:40 PM

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

Think of it this way, the Lakers only won by a few points and a wing and a prayer (and a zebra or two).

What ever makes them feel better. The are obviously in anguish and delusional to actually believe some of the crap-ola they are spewing.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:07 pm    Post subject:

TarLaPaN wrote:
What? The *purs still exist? Sorry timmy, you will not be getting that 5th ring, your chances are up.

Not unless he wants a job backing up Bynum and Pau - LOL!
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Chick-N-Stew wrote:
tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

What ever makes them feel better. The are obviously in anguish and delusional to actually believe some of the crap-ola they are spewing.

Yep. I always used to say I don't care if it takes seven games and the Lakers win by one point, just as long as they win. A win, no matter by how many or how few points, makes all the difference. Imagine where Boston would be and where Los Angeles would be if Boston had won by a point.
*Purple&Gold*
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject:

And again I ask...why do opponets fans refer to us as "Fakers"?? Is this something that we are suppose to take offense to? Are they thinking that when we here ourselves being refered to as "Fakers" were going to wither and die?
I would have to say without a doubt, our opponets fans are retards, losers, etc, etc.
Get over it...WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS!! There are the Lakers...and then just a bunch of other teams!!
Bryant-Bynum Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Russell getting booed was awesome. And he loved it. He loved it because he knew that the booing was an acknowledgment of his history, showing that Lakers fans are knowledgeable and know their history pretty well.

And let's not forget the bottles thrown at CURRENT Lakers in Boston.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Roger O. Thornhill wrote:

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Nothing yet, I think he's avoiding me, even though I'm not the type to rub it in and bring it up just to (bleep) with him.)))

My hater friends texted me throughout the playoffs, knowing how stressed I get over the Finals. Left me comments on facebook, sent me e-mails.

Ever since Thursday, nada. Oh, sweet silence.

Typical Boston fan, really never met one that acted any different. And I have met a bunch!!

Always there to gloat and never around to deal with the fallout.

Always there to collect, never there to pay up.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject:

tenike1 wrote:
Quote:

thetitleisours said...

The last 4 times we faced the Celtics in the finals resulted in 3 championships for the Lakers.

The Celtic fans are just blowing each other, trying to convince themselves that their miserable 1-3 record against us is actually superior to our 3-1 record vs them.

Then you hear them respond with well those first two wins with Magic don't count because that was a different era. 3 seconds later they try to explain how their 17 rings are vastly superior to our 16 rings.

Honestly, Boston fans are just pathetic and that is being generous to them.
phayze one
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

From realgm.com thread: Celtics just won their 18th Championship*

Most of the stuff posted by Celtics fans is the same ref drivel we've been hearing so I thought I'd quote the fans of other teams who let them cry on their shoulder.

Quote:
F*** the Lakers. They won the game on FREE throws in the 4th.

-bulls fan

Quote:
Bulls fan here...

You guys got robbed your 18th title by the referees. Get this, the Lakers shot more FT's in the 4th quarter than the Celtics did in the entire game. How can the refs justify that? It makes no sense at all how something like that is possible.

Great game by the Celtics. They shot better from the field than the Lakers, better from 3 point line than the Lakers, and better from the foul line than the Lakers yet they lose the game? Something doesn't sound right about that.

Oh and by the way, Kobe sure didn't deserve the Finals MVP. He didn't shoot over 50% from the field in ANY game. His best of the game of the series his team lost. Gasol was the real MVP of this series, not Kobe. I love how Kobe copied Jordan by jumping on the scores table with the ball in his left hand and his right fist in the air. **** copy cat will never be as good as or better than MJ.

Also, just reported on ESPN that Rasheed tried to talk with the referees outside their room after the game but security told him he was not allowed to talk to them and he boarded the bus with his jersey on. How pathetic. The refs should have to explain their calls. They are the ones that made them, explain them...damn it!

Quote:
I think you got hosed in the 4th. You have my condolences. stern needs to go.

- Suns fan.

Quote:
Quote:
When they win everything is champagne and caviar, when they lose they want to smash your hands with a hammer, shoot you in the back of the head, and bury you in a hole in the desert.

Quote:
They're in a halcyon world; they feel they are entitled to every championship. When they win, the NBA is running as it should and they will not entertain a word to the contrary. When they don't win, the teams that beat them are lucky and the NBA is a sham.

I find the above quotes to be quite ironic.

If anyone, it's Celtic fans who have this burning sense of "entitlement". It's you guys who think everything is good and fair when you win but the NBA is a crooked scam when you lose.

This and countless other threads posted in the last few days are proof of that.
REphotog
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject:

I am so glad Boston lost, and lost to the Lakers...

I enjoy every moment seeing those Boston fans cry... and cry about how they "had" it in their hands...

I never imagined that I would be this cruel, but payback's a b**ch... it's about time they shut up and swallow karma.
tr1ck
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Quote:
What has been killing me the most for me is that I am convinced we were intentionally robbed by the officials. 21 FTs for the Lakers in the 4th quarter when they only shot 37 for the game. That tells me the refs began calling stuff they didn't call through the first 3 quarters. Also, 21 FTs in the 4th quarter! That staggering number should be enough. 7 minutes left in the game when the Celtics went into the penalty...when you think about it, that comes out to about a foul against the Celtics on every possession to start the 4th quarter up until that point. Did it look like the Celtics were hacking on every possession in the 4th?

Yes, they did start calling it differently. And if they called it like that the entire game, the Celtics would have lost by 30.

Their fans are delusional. They seriously believe that their "suffocating defense" has nothing do with the fact that the Celtics get away with murder.

This - I can't stand when Boston fans cry about officiating while forgetting how much they benefited from it in '08 and even from certain games this series; including the 1st 3Q of Game 7. The refs gave Boston every opportunity to put us away by all of the no calls they got away with. Do they REALLY think they got robbed by the refs? If so, it was payback.

Just like Queen fans crying about getting jobbed in Game 6, when they conveniently forget how the Lakers were jobbed in Game 5. Eff Boston fans and their one sided, delusional thinking.
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
pokoy wrote:

After game 7:
Quote:
(((Nothing yet, I think he's avoiding me, even though I'm not the type to rub it in and bring it up just to (bleep) with him.)))

My hater friends texted me throughout the playoffs, knowing how stressed I get over the Finals. Left me comments on facebook, sent me e-mails.

Typical Boston fan, really never met one that acted any different. And I have met a bunch!!

Gotta share this with you all...
I actually lost a gf behind the finals. She would text me gud morning normally everyday, then all of a sudden when we lost game five it was: Gooood Morningggg GOOOO BOSTON! So i took the high road and said thats cool, but pls dont send any of that crap to my phone, n if u cant do that then delete my number cause the series isnt done yet. Well then she sent pics and it was officially on! Now every moring i send her a randon smeltic fail pic to go with her cup of coffee. Not one reply since, golden/puple silence!
stare_at_GOATs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject:

*Purple&Gold* wrote:
And again I ask...why do opponets fans refer to us as "Fakers"?? Is this something that we are suppose to take offense to? Are they thinking that when we here ourselves being refered to as "Fakers" were going to wither and die?
I would have to say without a doubt, our opponets fans are retards, losers, etc, etc.
Get over it...WE ARE THE WORLD CHAMPS!! There are the Lakers...and then just a bunch of other teams!!

How can the Lakers be "fake" anyway when they won 5 titles in the 80s and 5 more in the 2000s? When they are the only team to not only repeat, but THREEPEAT, since Jordan retired? And the only team to repeat since the last team to repeat, which was ALSO the Lakers?

IIRC, they started calling the Lakers that when Boston won in 1984, maybe due to the "Memorial Day Massacre" in game 1. But they took Boston to 7 games. And then beat them twice. And followed up the second with another title to make it back-to-back.

JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject:

alexjlake_gr8t wrote:
Wino wrote:
pokoy wrote:

After game 7:
Quote:

Gotta share this with you all...
I actually lost a gf behind the finals. She would text me gud morning normally everyday, then all of a sudden when we lost game five it was: Gooood Morningggg GOOOO BOSTON! So i took the high road and said thats cool, but pls dont send any of that crap to my phone, n if u cant do that then delete my number cause the series isnt done yet. Well then she sent pics and it was officially on! Now every moring i send her a randon smeltic fail pic to go with her cup of coffee. Not one reply since, golden/puple silence!

hope you've been in the celtics fail images thread. you can torment your friend for a couple of weeks w/the stuff there. LOL!
stare_at_GOATs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject:

tr1ck wrote:
Wilt wrote:
Quote:
What has been killing me the most for me is that I am convinced we were intentionally robbed by the officials. 21 FTs for the Lakers in the 4th quarter when they only shot 37 for the game. That tells me the refs began calling stuff they didn't call through the first 3 quarters. Also, 21 FTs in the 4th quarter! That staggering number should be enough. 7 minutes left in the game when the Celtics went into the penalty...when you think about it, that comes out to about a foul against the Celtics on every possession to start the 4th quarter up until that point. Did it look like the Celtics were hacking on every possession in the 4th?

Yes, they did start calling it differently. And if they called it like that the entire game, the Celtics would have lost by 30.

Their fans are delusional. They seriously believe that their "suffocating defense" has nothing do with the fact that the Celtics get away with murder.

This - I can't stand when Boston fans cry about officiating while forgetting how much they benefited from it in '08 and even from certain games this series; including the 1st 3Q of Game 7. The refs gave Boston every opportunity to put us away by all of the no calls they got away with. Do they REALLY think they got robbed by the refs? If so, it was payback.

Just like Queen fans crying about getting jobbed in Game 6, when they conveniently forget how the Lakers were jobbed in Game 5. Eff Boston fans and their one sided, delusional thinking.

VALakerFan80
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Jealousy all over the NBA... OH WELL
PrplReign
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject:

stare_at_GOATs wrote:
*Purple&Gold* wrote:

How can the Lakers be "fake" anyway when they won 5 titles in the 80s and 5 more in the 2000s? When they are the only team to not only repeat, but THREEPEAT, since Jordan retired? And the only team to repeat since the last team to repeat, which was ALSO the Lakers?

IIRC, they started calling the Lakers that when Boston won in 1984, maybe due to the "Memorial Day Massacre" in game 1. But they took Boston to 7 games. And then beat them twice. And followed up the second with another title to make it back-to-back.

Memorial Day Massacre was in 85 and the Lakers still won that series in 6 games.
ADKLaketrout
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject:

LOVE IT, SOOO MUCH
DON'T FORGET TO LICK YOUR LIPS WHEN YOUR DONE SU#$ING IT, CELTS FANS!!!!!!!!!
divncom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject:

I just want to make two points:

1. To the people saying every basketball fan/city is essentially the same. I disagree. Los Angeles is and always will be the center of the basketball universe. This makes our fans different. We play basketball, many of us have played on many levels - I'd say from the content here many have played at least up through high school, some through college.

2. When we lose we do go through a period of denial; but that is quickly followed by a period of rebounding. We quickly turn our efforts internally - towards players, coaching, etc. This is why we win. Blaming things you can't change is a failures mentality (fixed game). Blaming things like a poor effort or poor talent is a winner mentality (we will fix it).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9
Jump to: