LO is the most versatile player in the game
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:55 pm    Post subject: LO is the most versatile player in the game

People talk down on LO but truth be told he is one one of the most if not the most uniquely gifted player in basketball. Think about it 6-10 230 plays the point on offense and guard 3s 4s and when LA goes small 5s. He boards blocks shots and runs the point. Who else does that in the league?

His offense will come around he is a 16 to 17 ppg player for his career. No one not KG, TD, LeBron, TMac, or Kobe are a versatile as LO. He will get it together and when he does alot of people are going to eat crow. He also is a better than he has shown, its a matter of him finding his spots in the tri.
Waterboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, he added another dimension to his game last night. INCONSISTENCY. :roll: Oh wait..that's been there his whole career.
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Waterboy wrote:
Yeah, he added another dimension to his game last night. INCONSISTENCY. :roll: Oh wait..that's been there his whole career.

We will see wont we
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Re: LO is the most versatile player in the game

EJtheDJ wrote:
People talk down on LO but truth be told he is one one of the most if not the most uniquely gifted player in basketball. tri.

..just wait till he has a good game. Well start hearing, "Odom is the next Pippen told ya so!!!1111." Just typical fan reaction.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Waterboy is an appropriate name for you.

Quote:
Yeah, he added another dimension to his game last night. INCONSISTENCY. Oh wait..that's been there his whole career.

Is this what your mama told you?
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: LO is the most versatile player in the game

KobeButler wrote:
EJtheDJ wrote:
People talk down on LO but truth be told he is one one of the most if not the most uniquely gifted player in basketball. tri.

..just wait till he has a good game. Well start hearing, "Odom is the next Pippen told ya so!!!1111." Just typical fan reaction.

true dat
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject:

EJ..that's a bold statement...

Odom is okay...2-13 isn't the best shooting percentage..I think we can agree on that...

But to say that he's the most versatile? over..say KG..who can bang in the post and step out and even shoot three's.. Sheed even comes to mind as being a better shooter and post ability..

Lamar needs to reach his potential..which I agree..is sky high...but as of now...he's not there... he's not allstar caliber yet..when he drops 18, 8, and 6 consistently... which he is so capable of...then he'll be an allstar...
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Odom is okay...2-13 isn't the best shooting percentage..I think we can agree on that...

But to say that he's the most versatile? over..say KG..who can bang in the post and step out and even shoot three's.. Sheed even comes to mind as being a better shooter and post ability..

Lamar needs to reach his potential..which I agree..is sky high...but as of now...he's not there... he's not allstar caliber yet..when he drops 18, 8, and 6 consistently... which he is so capable of...then he'll be an allstar...

I agree its a bold statement, but to ignore what he is capable of is very hard. I also think its foolish for some to harp on his bad shooting so much. He still got 9 boards and 7 dimes with 2 steals. He is going to feel up a stat sheet every night.

To me that says that he will always have an effect on the game. The kid has got one very slick game! And if you look at the numbers he has put up over his career his scoring will come around. As he gets more proficient running the show, I think Phil will start to work him in the post more. His best is yet to come, but I feel its coming.

No 2-13 is not ideal. LOL. But we can also agree that it wont be like that night in and night out.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject:

what can LO do that others cant, that would make him more versatile than the next guy?
SedaleThreatt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject:

listen the guy needs to throw it down man. he just flicks the ball up and hopes to hear a whistle. i thought he played well but he cant finish when hes contested. of course he wont put up 2-13 nights night in and night out. but if there is one thing that pippen should help with lamar other than his ball handling is teaching him how to attack the basket and go up strong and dunk on guy like when scottie played (patrick ewing dunk in the face was nasty). I dont know if lamar can. im praying to god he does. i thought he played well in other facets of the game though. he had a nice line. dare i say a scottie pippen line
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Waterboy wrote:
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject:

SedaleThreatt wrote:
listen the guy needs to throw it down man. he just flicks the ball up and hopes to hear a whistle. i thought he played well but he cant finish when hes contested. of course he wont put up 2-13 nights night in and night out. but if there is one thing that pippen should help with lamar other than his ball handling is teaching him how to attack the basket and go up strong and dunk on guy like when scottie played (patrick ewing dunk in the face was nasty). I dont know if lamar can. im praying to god he does. i thought he played well in other facets of the game though. he had a nice line. dare i say a scottie pippen line

THROW IT DOWN BIG MAN!

Yeah..I'm hoping he comes around..I'm rooting for him..
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Thug yeah KG is ridiculous with all that he brings to the game. But you cant ask him to guard all 3 front court positions rebound at a high level and be the primary ball handler set a man. KG cant play the point. And Sheed is not as killed on the perimeter as LO IMO. LO distributes the ball, mops the glass, and is gonna present matchup problems against 3s and 4s.
nextphenom23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject:

KG is the most versatile player in the league hands down. LO hasnt proven anything except that he is inconsistent

The Spurs will never live up to the dynasty we created
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:39 pm    Post subject:

EJtheDJ wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

I agree its a bold statement, but to ignore what he is capable of is very hard. I also think its foolish for some to harp on his bad shooting so much. He still got 9 boards and 7 dimes with 2 steals. He is going to feel up a stat sheet every night.

To me that says that he will always have an effect on the game. The kid has got one very slick game! And if you look at the numbers he has put up over his career his scoring will come around. As he gets more proficient running the show, I think Phil will start to work him in the post more. His best is yet to come, but I feel its coming.

No 2-13 is not ideal. LOL. But we can also agree that it wont be like that night in and night out.

I just love the visual of Odom FEELING UP a stat sheet.

KG is more versatile, argument over. But I do agree that LTrain is VERY unique and his value seldom comes in PPG.

W/ LTrain last year the lakers were above .500, w/ Kobe missing many games and George/Vlade missing all of them.
W/ him out. We were 2-16 and Kobe played in all of those games, Caron was on FIRE, George was back and we couldn't win jack.
Coincidence? Last night he couldn't have thrown it in the ocean, but we win in one of the 4 hardest places to get a road win, despite 21 turnovers and NO inside game whatsoever.
flashakadrano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject:

kg "the big ticket"
twoface723
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject:

I think Odom has the potential to be the most versatile player in the game. Just give him a chance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
EJtheDJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject:

I agree KG is the most versatile because of the results, he puts up numbers every night across the stat sheet. So he has an impact no matter what. There are not many player like that in the league. LO is one of them. to me thats special.

Maybe I should have said LO has the most versatile skill set. Because to be 6-10 with that game is a rare breed. If he scores around 17ppg he will get all star consideration because he is gonna do all the other things too. I think he will be an improved defender also from what Ive seen through preseason and last night.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject:

if only he had a right hand and could finish at the hoop
Purple Reign
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject:

i don't see the purpose of this post. we all know that lamar is special and unique. it is not as if we are learning anything new. if lamar ever puts everything together, then perhaps there will be something to write about.
Waterboy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Actually i really hope he proves me wrong. Thats part of the reason i posted what i did. I love to be proven wrong. True, LO does have the potential...but how long must we wait before he comes close to reaching it? Olowokandi had potential. So did Danny Ferry and Pervis Ellison. How many single digit scoring games did LO put up last season anyways? That's what we really need out of him this year. Points. If Smush didn't have an outer body experience like he did last night, the Lakers would have been handed their heads on a platter last night. If LO is consistent this year (and i don't mean consistently inconsistent) and healthy, then i truly believe the Lakers will make it to the playoffs.

The last truly CONSISTENT and most versatile NBA player is a member of the Lakers. Unfortunately he's retired and too busy opening up Starbucks, movie theatres, and restaurants.
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject:

KG is versatile. Did you see the stat lines for Darius Miles? 32 points, 11 rebounds, 5 assists, 5 steals, 3 blocks. Too bad he's a headache.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Think about it 6-10 230 plays the point on offense and guard 3s 4s and when LA goes small 5s. He boards blocks shots and runs the point. Who else does that in the league?

Anyone who plays point forward does all of those things. The question is this: How many of those things does Odom do exceptionally well? As the season progresses, we'll find out.
DiehardLakerFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject:

well Odom can post, drive, pass, shoot 3s, initiate, rebound, steal - still I think guys like Shawn Marion and AK47 are more talented than him, but Odom is definitely in the top 10
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Waterboy wrote:

Consistency has always been Lamar's achilles heel. He'll look like the best player on the court one night, and the next night he'll make you forget he's even on the floor. After a poor performance last night, he very well may put up a triple-double @ home tonight against Phoenix. You just never know what you're going to get from Lamar on any given night. If he weren't making franchise player money, it wouldn't even be an issue. The inconsistency is what bothers me the most though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: