***Lakers Summer League Game 5 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Winless in the Summer League. Typical for "Asleep at the switch" Mitch.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Caracter only had 6 shot attempts. Some of his teamates didn't get him involved. They were trying to pad their stats instead. Especially Green.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:20 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
Overall, we suck but I really like Gerald Green, Caracter, and Ebanks. At least one or two of those 3 need to be on the court at all times.

ban + burn house

The hate for Gerald Green never seems to amaze me on here. The guy is a raw as Trevor and Shannon were before they came here, and the same things were being said about them. Do any of you guys actually remember him in high school or is it just the flavor of the month on LG to hate on the guy, oh that's right some of you have probably just started following the game of basketball!? He had a complete game coming out of high school, but hasn't even been given a chance since then and is mostly looked at as nothing but a dunker but he has more to his game than that. Guess it's the "thing" to hate on players you know nothing about.

I don't think anybody is saying that he doesn't have a complete game by HS standards.

He has stunk it up in the NBA and several summer league/D-league stints though.

He's seen as a dunker because that's all he is.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
We're not going to make the SPL playoffs and are headed to the SPL lottery.

We are still basking in the limelight of the last Summer Punch Line lottery win, Smush Parker.
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:26 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Winless in the Summer League. Typical for "Asleep at the switch" Mitch.

I know! If we go winless in the preseason too I'm taking my ball and going home.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I think only the following players should get an invite to camp.....

Caracter
Ebanks
Sims
Crittenton (hopefully in shape by then)
Strawberry (maybe)
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject:

thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
Overall, we suck but I really like Gerald Green, Caracter, and Ebanks. At least one or two of those 3 need to be on the court at all times.

ban + burn house

The hate for Gerald Green never seems to amaze me on here. The guy is a raw as Trevor and Shannon were before they came here, and the same things were being said about them. Do any of you guys actually remember him in high school or is it just the flavor of the month on LG to hate on the guy, oh that's right some of you have probably just started following the game of basketball!? He had a complete game coming out of high school, but hasn't even been given a chance since then and is mostly looked at as nothing but a dunker but he has more to his game than that. Guess it's the "thing" to hate on players you know nothing about.

I don't think anybody is saying that he doesn't have a complete game by HS standards.

I am going to take it that you are a knowledgeable fan, thus it's the only reason I'm responding to you as opposed to many fans on this board with a VERY questionable IQ but I want to ask you this: you do know what was said about Trevor and Shannon before they got here, right?? Basically the same things, and Shannon bounced around a few years before he got here, so did Trevor and they looked like nothing but athletic scrubs with some upside before their stints with Kobe and Phil.
Gerald was a all around player in HS, with extreme heart and overcame much adversity as a youth. He's an extremely humble kid and I think guys on this board are being extremely harsh when the kid has amazing upside, he just needs a mentor. I will be rooting for the kid, no matter where he goes hoping he fights all the odds and doubt.
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

I am going to take it that you are a knowledgeable fan, thus it's the only reason I'm responding to you as opposed to many fans on this board with a VERY questionable IQ but I want to ask you this: you do know what was said about Trevor and Shannon before they got here, right?? Basically the same things, and Shannon bounced around a few years before he got here, so did Trevor and they looked like nothing but athletic scrubs with some upside before their stints with Kobe and Phil.
Gerald was a all around player in HS, with extreme heart and overcame much adversity as a youth. He's an extremely humble kid and I think guys on this board are being extremely harsh when the kid has amazing upside, he just needs a mentor. I will be rooting for the kid, no matter where he goes hoping he fights all the odds and doubt.

Humble? The reason he has bounced around has been due to his attitude.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

Humble? The reason he has bounced around has been due to his attitude.

Let me guess, you read this one a message board or just googled in his name and saw this huh ?Whatever the case, Kobe and Del Harris clashed back in the day so I guess Kobe's a bad guy too?? Now take it into account, that Gerald is NO Kobe by any means, the reason he's been sent from team to team was for the same reasons Trevor and Shannon were bounced around. They weren't given enough opportunities.
Knedalah
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject:

oh come on how is it possible that Ebanks takes only 8 shots while green takes 17, and caracter only taking 6 shots... were trying to test Ebanks and caracter skills and they take only 14 shots in 60 minutes for both... i just cant understand that...
those teammates are so selfish i would tell them to post caracter every offensive position and isolate Ebanks as much as possible...
thedude1977
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

Whether or not Trev and Shannon had poor reputations before they got here, Gerald Green has a long track record to be parsed. You're referring to him as a kid - and he is relatively young - but he is a four-year vet who looks confused playing in SL games with and against guys who don't have a chance of playing in the NBA. You are arguing that he hasn't been put in the right situation yet, and if given the chance he can shine ... but he has been given many chances, and for me to think that he would do well on the Lakers is to not believe my own eyes. We've all watched him this summer league. So I guess my question to you is, if this was just some guy off the street, and all you had to judge him on is what he has brought to the table during this audition process, would you be talking to us about his upside and rooting for him to make the Lakers team? Considering that any spot we give to him is a spot we deny someone else?

I'd be stoked if we signed him and it turned out that everything I've seen from him has been wrong, or somehow caused by his previous coach or something. I just don't see it happening.

For every Ariza-style redemption story in the NBA there is like 100 players whose bad reputations are confirmed. Really athletic guys who can't seem to play in a team context are just nothing to get excited about.

I mean, I can root for a guy who has overcome adversity and has upside 10 times in any NBA game. The league has chewed up and digested hundreds of guys like this.

So for now I will root for Caracter instead. He has overcome adversity too, right?
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Knedalah wrote:
oh come on how is it possible that Ebanks takes only 8 shots while green takes 17, and caracter only taking 6 shots... were trying to test Ebanks and caracter skills and they take only 14 shots in 60 minutes for both... i just cant understand that...
those teammates are so selfish i would tell them to post caracter every offensive position and isolate Ebanks as much as possible...

Actually, I'd say that the Lakers probably did need to see what guys like Gerald Green could do before the end of Summer League. It's obvious that Ebanks and Caracter are training camp invites at this point.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
Knedalah wrote:

Actually, I'd say that the Lakers probably did need to see what guys like Gerald Green could do before the end of Summer League. It's obvious that Ebanks and Caracter are training camp invites at this point.

Exactly. We know that Ebanks and Caracter or pretty much set, so of course other guys like Green are going to try to show what they can do, and when nobody else could hit a basket Gerald pretty was impressive in the clutch, only making a few mistakes compared to the down right tentative and frantic type of play by Robinson, Strawberry and the other guards.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject:

How many 3s did Green chuck up and miss?

Not very smart of him....and why do we never have a coach that tells our players to stop shooting 3s when we're missing them???
terence
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

Right before Ariza and Shannon came here they werent just considered amazing athletes, they were also considered exceptional defensive players. Green is considered an amazing athlete, but with a terrible attitude and no basketball IQ either. Trevor was considered to have a decent IQ before he came too. I am shocked that Green hasnt done more and I continue to root for him. I remember when he was first drafted out of HS and could score and hit the NBA 3, so I assumed he would become a superstar. If anything, he has regressed.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
Knedalah wrote:

Exactly. We know that Ebanks and Caracter or pretty much set, so of course other guys like Green are going to try to show what they can do, and when nobody else could hit a basket Gerald pretty was impressive in the clutch, only making a few mistakes compared to the down right tentative and frantic type of play by Robinson, Strawberry and the other guards.

No, the coaching staff was trying to see if these guys had the skills to play within the triangle... hit open shots, but more importantly move the basketball, find the open man, hit cutters going to the basket, make post entry passes.

That wasn't what Gerald Green did today. Either he wasn't following directions, or he was hoisting the ball in a selfish effort to get noticed by any non-Laker scouts.
Caught in the devil's bargain
And we've got to get ourselves
Back to the garden

-Joni Mitchell
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject:

L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

No one ever said Shannon or Trevor had low basketball IQs. That's Gerald Green's main issue.

This is not a case of a talented basketball player who hasn't had a chance. It's a case of a physically gifted athlete who hasn't improved literally at all, and consequently has killed further chances he might otherwise have gotten.

He was 17 when he was drafted. He's 24 now. He hasn't improved as a basketball player. He lacks that basketball IQ. Sometimes that's just the way it is. It's not just about the body.

Ultimately, there comes a time when we have to stop blaming everyone else for a player's lack of improvement, and start giving the credit to the actual player.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject:

Gerald Green should join Kwame Brown in a construction job. That's where they belong. They'd probably make great road pavers.
followwind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:18 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Ultimately, there comes a time when we have to stop blaming everyone else for a player's lack of improvement, and start giving the credit to the actual player.

Word.
chase09
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Cecil Brown is carrying the Lakers. THE PRIDE OF UCSB!!!!

The pride of Marengo Elementary School, class of 1994. He was a really good shooter in fourth grade, too.
L.A.T.W
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
thedude1977 wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:
doven wrote:
L.A.T.W wrote:

ban + burn house

No one ever said Shannon or Trevor had low basketball IQs.
That's Gerald Green's main issue.

This is not a case of a talented basketball player who hasn't had a chance. It's a case of a physically gifted athlete who hasn't improved literally at all, and consequently has killed further chances he might otherwise have gotten.

He was 17 when he was drafted. He's 24 now. He hasn't improved as a basketball player. He lacks that basketball IQ. Sometimes that's just the way it is. It's not just about the body.

YOU may have never said Shannon or Trevor had low basketball IQs, but if you were around the forum when Shannon was traded from Charlotte, that was the general consensus.
james smith
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:21 am    Post subject:

The important thing is to see the Lakers actually develop some of these younger players so they can eventually work their way into the rotation. That's not been a strong suit of our team. They did very well, two thumbs up for Lakers
james smith
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject:

Fleur-de-Lis: It’s the most interesting game I ever waited for and really want to know each and every thing to satisfy my sports thrust. Bro I like the home made perfect recipe for winning a game. But I would be delighted if this is really implemented in the ground as well.
Roykate
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: jerseys on sale and wholesale

<a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">comprehensive business-to-business(B2B)trade solution provider</a> offering one-stop trade services to international buyers
<a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">a professional store selling every kind of jerseys</a>
Different kinds of <a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">jerseys wholesale</a> . Dood and cheap <a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">NBA jerseys</a>,<a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">NFL jerseys</a>,<a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">MLB jerseys</a>,<a href="http://www.hellojersey.us">NHL jerseys</a>.Different teams,different players,different color ,different sizes,they are all in stock.High quality and competitive price!Go,man.Don’t hensitate!
http://www.hellojersey.us
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Summer League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: