Lorenzen Wright Found Dead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:53 am    Post subject:

Damn... sounds like LW knew it might lead to something like this:

Quote:
Lorenzen Wright's ex-wife ‘threatening' in audio recordings

By Ty Tagami
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

The personal assistant to slain former Atlanta Hawks player Lorenzen Wright told a Memphis television news station Monday that she had audio recordings of Wright’s ex-wife threatening to harm him.

The former personal assistant, Wendy Wilson, told ABC24-WPTY that Sherra Wright was recorded saying “things like if she caught him with anyone else, she’d have him ‘F’d up’ or whatever,” according to an article posted on myeyewitnessnews.com, a website for the ABC affiliate.

Wilson said she filed a report with Memphis police because she felt the recorded conversations were “threatening.” She said Lorenzen Wright asked her to keep the tape, adding “he wouldn’t have asked me to keep them if he didn’t think he’d need them someday.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/lorenzen-wrights-ex-wife-583535.html

If the police knew all this, and had the 911 tape... WHAT THE HELL took them so long to act? Seems like this could of be prevented...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject:

Dang. First some crazy (bleep) offs Steve McNair, now this. When women go apesh*t, they really know how to (bleep) things up.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject:

TACH wrote:

Quote:

By Ty Tagami

The personal assistant to slain former Atlanta Hawks player Lorenzen Wright told a Memphis television news station Monday that she had audio recordings of Wright’s ex-wife threatening to harm him.

The former personal assistant, Wendy Wilson, told ABC24-WPTY that Sherra Wright was recorded saying “things like if she caught him with anyone else, she’d have him ‘F’d up’ or whatever,” according to an article posted on myeyewitnessnews.com, a website for the ABC affiliate.

Wilson said she filed a report with Memphis police because she felt the recorded conversations were “threatening.” She said Lorenzen Wright asked her to keep the tape, adding “he wouldn’t have asked me to keep them if he didn’t think he’d need them someday.”

If the police knew all this, and had the 911 tape... WHAT THE HELL took
them so long to act? Seems like this could of be prevented...

Where Lorenzen was executed(I'm sorry murdered doesn't seem to describe how he died) it was at the border of Memphis/Germantown(burb of Memphis) apparently because their 911 system sucks and isn't integrated the 911 answered relegated it as a Memphis problem and not a Germantown one. At least based on what I've read so far.
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
TACH wrote:

Quote:

By Ty Tagami

If the police knew all this, and had the 911 tape... WHAT THE HELL took
them so long to act? Seems like this could of be prevented...

Where Lorenzen was executed(I'm sorry murdered doesn't seem to describe how he died) it was at the border of Memphis/Germantown(burb of Memphis) apparently because their 911 system sucks and isn't integrated the 911 answered relegated it as a Memphis problem and not a Germantown one. At least based on what I've read so far.

He got "Wacked".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject:

10 days....when the 911 call was out there with the gunshots the moment he was executed. That's a 10 day jump all the perps had on destroying evidence and lining up their stories. How does a 911 call just get lost with a MURDER happening on it?? I just don't understand it. I personally feel Germantown tried to cover it up. When reports surfaced of LW missing, they knew what they had, but at that point I believe they decided to sit on it because they knew they had screw up. And it wasn't until Memphis police finally took it seriously and starting investigating that they dumped his phone and found out the last call placed on it was to 911. That's how it came to light.
sparky6r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I got curious, as this story seemed to have been buried, but the recent:
Quote:

Former NBA player Lorenzen Wright left the home of his ex-wife carrying a box of drugs and an indefinite amount of money the night he was killed, his ex-wife told a Collierville detective, according to court records obtained by the The Memphis Commercial Appeal on Tuesday.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/2010/08/11/2010-08-11_wright_exwife_tells_of_drugs.html#ixzz0wvkV91lu
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject:

sparky6r wrote:
I got curious, as this story seemed to have been buried, but the recent:
Quote:

Former NBA player Lorenzen Wright left the home of his ex-wife carrying a box of drugs and an indefinite amount of money the night he was killed, his ex-wife told a Collierville detective, according to court records obtained by the The Memphis Commercial Appeal on Tuesday.

of course she'll say something like that to make it seem that he was caught up in something shady and that she didn't have anything to do with the murder. she probably initiated it and the drug issue is an attempt to spin the issue into something that didn't happen.
sparky6r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:

^I hope so.
I wasn't expecting to find those headlines.
Some of the articles indicate he was carrying both a large sum of cash and large sum of drugs, but wouldn't you be exchanging one for the other, therefore carrying a large amount of one, and limited amount of the other?
No matter how you slice it, it is a sad tale.
MaKaVeLiTuPaC
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject:

You know, there's one thing I'm very curious about. Has anyone seen any comments from Pau concerning Lorenzen? According to this one article, Lorenzen took him under his wing. I would assume they were pretty close.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jul/29/wright-essential-to-griz/

I've heard various comments from ex-teammates such as Battier, but none from Gasol. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:57 pm    Post subject:

http://www.wlbt.com/Global/story.asp?S=13014944

Quote:
Lorenzen Wright's personal assistant says she was slandered, files lawsuits
Posted: Aug 19, 2010 5:14 PM Updated: Aug 19, 2010 6:44 PM
Click image to enlarge
Related Links

Ex-wife says Lorenzen Wright left with drugs the night he died
Search warrant details what police looked Wright's ex-wife's home
Thousands say goodbye to Lorenzen Wright at memorial service

Most Popular Stories
Naked man discovered under interstate in Jackson
Gas tanker truck overturns on Hwy 49 south of Florence
Teen involved in fatal wreck not charged with crime
MS elected official's car parked in handicap space without proper decal
5 USM football players involved in car wreck
Man killed in a three wheeler wreck
Three children charged with raping Memphis toddler
Woman killed in Lakeland Drive accident
Update: Man charged with attempting to rape student near school
Three Lake schools closed Monday due to storm damage

By Anna Marie Hartman - bio | email

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Wendy Wilson, who said she was Lorenzen Wright's former assistant, said she has been slandered since the day Wright's body was found.

"This is asinine," Wilson said. "It's really going to hurt them and not me."

Wilson filed lawsuits against three people in Chancery Court Thursday. She said her comments about Wright's death have resulted in a barrage of media misconceptions.

"It's going to stop here," Wilson said.

Wilson's troubles began when she showed up at the crime scene the day Wright's body was found and suggested investigators should question Wright's ex-wife, Sherra Wright.

"I mean, she saw him last," Wilson said. "The stories have changed. She went to bed at 10, woke up at 11, he wasn't there. I mean, what is really going on?"

Wilson said within days, radio talk show host Thaddeus Matthews gave his listeners her cell phone number.

"He used means of intimidation via large airwaves and had people call and threaten me and put me in a bad light," Wilson said. "And all I did was tell the truth."

Matthews admitted he gave out Wilson's number.

"To me, her lawsuit is frivolous," Matthews said. "And all I'd tell her to do is bring it on."

Wilson is suing Gail Mathes, Sherra Wright's divorce attorney, for $2.5 million for comments she made. She is also suing Commercial Appeal columnist Geoff Calkins for $1.5 million for what he has written about her.

Wilson said her personal knowledge of Wright's relationship with his ex-wife has helped with the investigation.

"I was the former personal assistant to Lorenzen Wright and I gave facts that were very helpful in this investigation," Wilson said. "No one has to tell me that, God has told me that."

All three people named in Wilson's lawsuits have 30 days to answer to her complaints, which should officially become public record tomorrow.

Mathes and Calkins did not return calls Thursday
sparky6r
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject:

^ Wow. I don't understand the connection with the radio host, though. I don't understand even why he would want to do that.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:07 pm    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/21355915/police-believe-found-gun-used-kill-former-nba-player-lorenzen-wright

Quote:
Police believe they found gun used to kill former NBA player Lorenzen Wright

Police say they believe they have found the gun used to kill former NBA player Lorenzen Wright, whose body was found in a swampy field in Tennessee seven years ago.

Memphis Police Department spokeswoman Karen Rudolph said Thursday that the gun was found in a lake in Walnut, Mississippi, about 75 miles east of Memphis, Tennessee.

Lorenzen Wright's final season in the NBA was in 2008-09 with the Cleveland Cavaliers. AP Photo/Mark Duncan
Rudolph did not say how the gun was found or if it has undergone ballistics testing. No further details were immediately available.

Wright's decomposing body was found in suburban Memphis on July 28, 2010, 10 days after the 34-year-old was reported missing. No one has been arrested.

Wright played for the Memphis Grizzlies and four other NBA teams as a forward and center over 13 seasons before retiring in 2009.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Arrest made in murder of ex-NBA player Lorenzen Wright

Quote:
Police in Tennessee have arrested and charged a man with first-degree murder in the 2010 killing of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright.

Shelby County District Attorney General Amy Weirich told reporters that Billy Turner, 46, was indicted Tuesday and is being held on $1 million bond.

LINK
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Wow 7 years later but I guess this might offer his loved ones some solace
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Before his arrest Tuesday morning, Lorenzen Wright's accused killer Billy Ray Turner was a regular member at Mt. Olive No. 1 Baptist Church in Collierville, where he also served as a deacon for the last 10 years.

"He was a man full of faith," said Turner's lifelong pastor, Rev. Oliver Finley.

It's the same church where Finley confirms Wright's ex-wife, Sherra Wright, was once a regular member. She even once led a service in 2015.

http://wreg.com/2017/12/05/lorenzen-wrights-ex-and-wrights-accused-killer-attended-church-together/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:00 am    Post subject:

Lorenzen Wright's Ex-Wife Arrested

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/courts/2017/12/15/sherra-lorenzen-wright-arrested-california-memphis-nba/929512001/

Quote:
“Thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus! They got her! They got her!’’ Lorenzen Wright’s mother, Deborah Marion, told a reporter shortly before midnight. “They need to bury her.’’

Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

Wow that's terrible but not surprising I and many others thought this is what happened.

Poor kids now they have no parents who will raise them now?
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:16 am    Post subject:

This whole thing is really grizzly.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Would make for an interesting episode of 60 minutes or Dateline...the entire thing is sordid.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

http://www.commercialappeal.com/story/news/courts/2017/12/15/sherra-lorenzen-wright-arrested-california-memphis-nba/929512001/

Quote:
“Thank you Jesus! Thank you Jesus! They got her! They got her!’’ Lorenzen Wright’s mother, Deborah Marion, told a reporter shortly before midnight. “They need to bury her.’’

I agree with his mother.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Would make for an interesting episode of 60 minutes or Dateline...the entire thing is sordid.

It was already an episode on The First 48(obviously since its based in Memphis)
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
This whole thing is really grizzly.

Did you mean grisly or Memphis Grizzly?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/12/21/ex-wife-of-slain-nba-player-lorenzen-wright-is-fighting-extradition/

Quote:
Ex-wife of slain NBA player Lorenzen Wright is fighting extradition

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — The ex-wife of former NBA player Lorenzen Wright is fighting authorities’ attempt to extradite her from California to Tennessee, where she’s charged with killing him in 2010.

Sherra Wright made a very brief appearance Wednesday in Riverside County Superior Court. A judge explained that the only issue in her extradition is whether or not she’s the person named in the arrest warrant out of Memphis.

She was told to return for a hearing Jan. 8.

Her attorney told the Desert Sun newspaper after the hearing that Wright is simply “exercising a right to go through the process.”

Sherra Wright was arrested last week and charged with first-degree murder in the death of Lorenzen Wright, who played for five teams over 13 seasons as a forward and center in the NBA.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

damn.

rip
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Quote:

I agree with his mother.

She should've thanked Jesus if Jesus didn't allow her son to be murdered.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: