Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Margot Bingham is so thick.

There was a booty scene in the prior season that made me got-ta shout. Made me take notice of her immediately. Problem with Narcisse is that his ass isn't the saving grace of his character.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

There was a booty scene in the prior season that made me got-ta shout. Made me take notice of her immediately. Problem with Narcisse is that his ass isn't the saving grace of his character.

I think the child Chalky saw at the brothel is his daughter, a result of that scene.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think the child Chalky saw at the brothel is his daughter, a result of that scene.

That's what I thought too. I get the idea that Chalky's going to be the only original leader who will be redeemed in the end, starting off again with a newly discovered daughter, but his troubles with the law also have the makings of a tragic end. I think he's likely to come to Nucky's aid in some way after they made it a point for Nucky to call him his friend.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Spoiler
Quote:
RIP Chalky and Van Alden, interest in BE just dropped for me.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject:

What the hell is going on? Van Alden's dead, Chalky's dead, Narcisse about to go to war. Who's the little girls father? Nucky's married. I'm totally lost.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Van Alden went out like a G though(Chalky too but his was more of a laid back vibe which reminded me of his Omar's quote, "it's all in the game playa").
That's what I like about a lot of the characters on BE - Van Alden, Jimmy, Harrow, Chalky, hell even Nuck - at the end of the day, they are who they are; they may temporarily act like they've changed/are letting someone get the better of them but eventually they either win the battle or go out being who they are, usually the latter.

I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Van Alden went out like a G though(Chalky too but his was more of a laid back vibe which reminded me of his Omar's quote, "it's all in the game playa").
That's what I like about a lot of the characters on BE - Van Alden, Jimmy, Harrow, Chalky, hell even Nuck - at the end of the day, they are who they are; they may temporarily act like they've changed/are letting someone get the better of them but eventually they either win the battle or go out being who they are, usually the latter.

Capone squealed like a little beaoch when Van Alden fell on him. You're right, who they are show up.

I was thinking like non-player zealot, Chalky would ride off into the sunset with the girl. Didn't happen.

Why did Capone allow Eli to live?

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Capone squealed like a little beaoch when Van Alden fell on him. You're right, who they are show up.

I was thinking like non-player zealot, Chalky would ride off into the sunset with the girl. Didn't happen.

He didn't. He assumed his man (the undercover treasury agent) was going to take Eli out and shoot him.

jodeke wrote:
What the hell is going on? Van Alden's dead, Chalky's dead, Narcisse about to go to war. Who's the little girls father? Nucky's married. I'm totally lost.

They never state it outright, but the implication is the girl is Chalky's daughter. Nucky was married before he met Margaret but his first wife died presumably during child birth. It's been mentioned a few times throughout the series.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:20 am    Post subject:

Someone help me out with this, did Chalky want to die or did he go there to kill Narcisse? Didn't like how Chalky went out if he did actually get killed . They never showed him being shot !
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

He didn't. He assumed his man (the undercover treasury agent) was going to take Eli out and shoot him.

jodeke wrote:

They never state it outright, but the implication is the girl is Chalky's daughter. Nucky was married before he met Margaret but his first wife died presumably during child birth. It's been mentioned a few times throughout the series.

Thanks n-o I kinda figured by the dialog Chalky had with the little girl, he was her father and he was giving his life so Daughter Maitland could be a successful singer.

I remember Nucky being married now and his wife dying.

I didn't know the guy sent to kill Eli was a undercover agent.

Looks like Nucky and Eli are going to be the ones to ride off into the sunset.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
Someone help me out with this, did Chalky want to die or did he go there to kill Narcisse? Didn't like how Chalky went out if he did actually get killed . They never showed him being shot !

He went there to kill Narcisse, but I'm sure he considered dying himself a possibility.

I just wonder how Chalky knew Narcisse would show up at that particular business. When Narcisse showed up, it seemed like he only was there to meet to up with Daughter Maitland because he complained about having to travel so far. Chalky had no idea she would be there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:35 am    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:

He didn't want to die, he went to kill Narcisse. He gave his life because Narcisse controled the future of Daughter Maitland. He made a trade, his life for her success.

He died, you hear the shot when he was listening to Daughter Maitland singing in his mind.

AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

He didn't want to die, he went to kill Narcisse. He gave his life because Narcisse controled the future of Daughter Maitland. He made a trade, his life for her success.

He died, you hear the shot when he was listening to Daughter Maitland singing in his mind.

Ok. After all that Narcisse done, I would have to take him out . I guess the little girl was the deciding factor.
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

jodeke wrote:

Thanks n-o I kinda figured by the dialog Chalky had with the little girl, he was her father and he was giving his life so Daughter Maitland could be a successful singer.

I remember Nucky being married now and his wife dying.

Looks like Nucky and Eli are going to be the ones to ride off into the sunset.

So I guess that 16 year old kid that works for Nucky and helped him after being hit by that girl is his son he never knew he had???
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject:

AJLakerFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Ok. After all that Narcisse done, I would have to take him out . I guess the little girl was the deciding factor.

I guess, but the thing that bothers me about Chalky's death was that he sacrificed himself for nothing. Narcisse obviously wasn't going to keep his word about freeing Daughter and her daughter. Daughter even warned Chalky he couldn't be trusted.

Chalky should have just killed him right there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

I guess, but the thing that bothers me about Chalky's death was that he sacrificed himself for nothing. Narcisse obviously wasn't going to keep his word about freeing Daughter and her daughter. Daughter even warned Chalky he couldn't be trusted.

No sweat. Nucky will avenge the death of Chalky. He'll probably assist Chalky's daughter by helping Daughter Maitland become a successful singer. He heard her sing at the club I believe he and Chalky owned.

AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:41 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
AJLakerFan wrote:

Yep, if I'm got die, I'm taking you with me . You came and tried to muscle in on my business, tried to turn the people against me, kidnapped my daughter and I would hold you responsible for her death. I wish his character could've gotten revenge on Narcisse instead of dying for a side chick. The side chick was fine though .
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Looking back, this episode was game changing for the season; everything that happened in this episode has made the previous episodes better because they led to these events. Makes me really excited for the last ones.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Writers built climax to what the shows captive is, violence. The finals will see a lot of deaths. Mystery, who will be the last man standing?

loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject:

^ I'm thinking Eli since he was able to escape what was almost certain death. I think like someone already said, Nucky will take out Narcisse but I think Nucky will either die in the process or someone else kills him. He doesn't really have anything to live for now; he's like Jimmy in season 2, just waiting to die.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ I'm thinking Eli since he was able to escape what was almost certain death. I think like someone already said, Nucky will take out Narcisse but I think Nucky will either die in the process or someone else kills him. He doesn't really have anything to live for now; he's like Jimmy in season 2, just waiting to die.

I think the writers are not going to take any extreme liberties with the characters that are based on real-life people. Maranzano will die of course, but I don't see Capone, Luciano, Lansky, or even Nucky for that matter, getting killed.

Characters who were murdered like Jimmy, Chalky, Van Alden, and Owen were either composites of a bunch of real people or made up for the show. Other characters based that were on real people like Arnold Rothstein, Joe Masseria, Frank Colissimo, Dean O'Banion were murdered in real life as well.

I see Nucky either getting an ending like Michael Corleone in Godfather II where he's left all alone or getting to walk away from his life of crime with Margaret. I could see his nephew getting killed so both he and Eli don't walk away at the end unscathed.

One character I've been waiting to see get whacked since Season 1 is Mickey Doyle.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Just saw it. I wasn't terribly surprised at Chalky going out tragically and/or in a dignified way (I was betting on redemption of some sort). Kinda sorta happened, only without him being part of it. I'm guessing after the first view that he paved the way for Margot to leave, though the scenes with Narcisse were cryptic as usual. Ultimately, he accepted his fate with dignity. It seemed they were finalizing his character as one of the original leaders who was righteous and "stand-up" at his core. Example, when he killed his partner as he was threatening to kill the teen girl they broke in on, her mother said something to him like, "You're not like him..." He disagreed, but it was ultimately proven true.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject:

This whole series is building up to Nucky's morally fatal decision to give Gillian to the Colonel to rape. She trusted him. He betrays her, and everything. Game over.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
This whole series is building up to Nucky's morally fatal decision to give Gillian to the Colonel to sexual assault. She trusted him. He betrays her, and everything. Game over.

Interesting.

Young Nucky keeps talking about doing what it takes to get ahead but appears to have peaked as Deputy Sheriff. His mentor, the Sheriff, won't allow him to do any of the Commodore's dirty work to get ahead so this is probably the heinous act that elevates him and leads him on his path to power. I wasn't sure if the Sheriff wasn't allowing Nucky to get his hands dirty out of fear of his ambition or to keep him from straying off the moral path.

Did anyone else catch the reference to Jim Neary? He was mentioned by Young Nucky as the guy who was promoted ahead of him. Neary was the kid who was always beating Nucky when they were kids, but in the first three seasons he was one of the Ward Bosses who were under Nucky's thumb.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

So that whole 10+ minute segment with Eli and Van Alden in an federal interview room getting strung up by that same prohie completely went over your head?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 28 of 30
Jump to: