The Walking Dead TV Series (No Rumors/Spoilers/Comic Book Talk)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 126, 127, 128  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Best part about the last episode was the giant flamer! I mean when Rick shot that flare into that zombie's eye I was speechless!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Best part about the last episode was the giant flamer! I mean when Rick shot that flare into that zombie's eye I was speechless!

I see what you did there.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

I really liked this episode. I haven't liked the tempo of the season, but when they replay Rick's interview and his quote it really brought things together. Carol's comments about Ed lol oh my this family is gangsta.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I knew what Carol was upto right from the beginning when she was acting all goofy trying to take the gun off. I guess it's a smart plan just in case but she probably should've told the others.

Daryl is straight hillbilly when he's in a civilized society I was cracking up when he told Carol "you look ridiculous!"

Not sure how I felt about the ending. Enjoyed the whole episode, the interviews were good. But the whole "we have no problem being the bad guy" thing is something the group always seemingly goes back to only to not commit. All I know is we're in for some drammmmmma.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Best quotes from the episode

Carl: Ya. I like it here. I like the people. But they're weak. And I don't want to see us get weak too.

Glenn: We need to make this work.
Deanna: Why?
Glenn: Cause... we were almost out there too long.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I don't think I trust these MFers at all. Just GIVING away mansions like that? For real? Either its a hoax and the community has some other nefarious goals, or they are weak and about to die at the hands of our group.

I don't see how they have had the gates open all this time and still lasted so long. I mean how do they kill the swarms of zombies or the evil child rapists groups roaming the earth like Rick once ran in to, etc?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
I don't think I trust these MFers at all. Just GIVING away mansions like that? For real? Either its a hoax and the community has some other nefarious goals, or they are weak and about to die at the hands of our group.

I don't see how they have had the gates open all this time and still lasted so long. I mean how do they kill the swarms of zombies or the evil child rapists groups roaming the earth like Rick once ran in to, etc?

Yea I feel you, especially with the location, they easily could have been raided being so close to DC. I'm shocked there are so few military remaining if her story about the origin of the camp is true. I think Aaron said he killed 2 people, they've been attacked I'm sure, just somehow not a big enough group to take them over. They know a bigger attack will one day come, he said something about people being the most valuable resource. I don't expect Rick's group to exterminate them, but they'll do what is needed to survive.

I'm sure there will be some circumstances that will tip the scale (Rick's barber's husband? Sasha and Daryl still without a job/spot? recording the group again?), lets see how reasonable the writing is though. With everything the group has been through, it only makes sense that they're becoming more like other groups. The biggest threat may be that little girl, it takes A LOT of conditioning for her to be still part of the outside world at her age. I think there's a reason we didn't see Carl follow her, maybe bigger than just a gun. The episode was really good though, lots of good quotes and its interesting to see what the group has become compared to the Woodbury types that store guns away and shoot pool. With the stance Rick is taking on the situation, I'm surprised he isn't having a bigger problem with the guns. Its one thing to believe the people won't/can't kill your group, but another to accept the guns being locked away if they get raided. I'll agree it's too convenient but realistic or not it has my interest again rather than recycling the group vs the crazy dictator over and over again.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yea I feel you, especially with the location, they easily could have been raided being so close to DC. I'm shocked there are so few military remaining if her story about the origin of the camp is true. I think Aaron said he killed 2 people, they've been attacked I'm sure, just somehow not a big enough group to take them over. They know a bigger attack will one day come, he said something about people being the most valuable resource. I don't expect Rick's group to exterminate them, but they'll do what is needed to survive.

I'm sure there will be some circumstances that will tip the scale (Rick's barber's wife? Sasha and Daryl still without a job/spot? recording the group again?), lets see how reasonable the writing is though. With everything the group has been through, it only makes sense that they're becoming more like other groups. The biggest threat may be that little girl, it takes A LOT of conditioning for her to be still part of the outside world at her age. I think there's a reason we didn't see Carl follow her, maybe bigger than just a gun. The episode was really good though, lots of good quotes and its interesting to see what the group has become compared to the Woodbury types that store guns away and shoot pool. With the stance Rick is taking on the situation, I'm surprised he isn't having a bigger problem with the guns. Its one thing to believe the people won't/can't kill your group, but another to accept the guns being locked away if they get raided. I'll agree it's too convenient but realistic or not it has my interest again rather than recycling the group vs the crazy dictator over and over again.

I can see Rick accepting the guns because if the shoe was on the other foot, and Rick was in charge of a community and thought to add more people to it, he would also want to be safe, and not allow a new group to enter armed to the teeth.
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Didn't the guy said they have to like "audition"? And they're recording their interviews.... maybe this is some test from the government and Alexandria is where they see how people are after surviving outside.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I'm sure there will be some circumstances that will tip the scale (Rick's barber's wife? Sasha and Daryl still without a job/spot? recording the group again?), lets see how reasonable the writing is though. With everything the group has been through, it only makes sense that they're becoming more like other groups. The biggest threat may be that little girl, it takes A LOT of conditioning for her to be still part of the outside world at her age. I think there's a reason we didn't see Carl follow her, maybe bigger than just a gun. The episode was really good though, lots of good quotes and its interesting to see what the group has become compared to the Woodbury types that store guns away and shoot pool. With the stance Rick is taking on the situation, I'm surprised he isn't having a bigger problem with the guns. Its one thing to believe the people won't/can't kill your group, but another to accept the guns being locked away if they get raided. I'll agree it's too convenient but realistic or not it has my interest again rather than recycling the group vs the crazy dictator over and over again.

I can see Rick accepting the guns because if the shoe was on the other foot, and Rick was in charge of a community and thought to add more people to it, he would also want to be safe, and not allow a new group to enter armed to the teeth.

I'd agree that Rick would think that way if it were him in charge, but I don't think he sees them as equals. It's looking like he and Carl already see them as weak (Carl blurting it out, the reaction to being offered a haircut, being handed sherrif duties as the leader checks her kids and quickly sides with the strangers, buying Carol as den mom). It isn't about trust at this point. I think that Rick's stance is to use the strongest of the group to keep his group alive and if the naive ones die they die. He even said if they can't make it, they'll just take the place. The problem isn't the lack of trust in the host group, but the fact that they already look inept if another tank or canibals show up. If Rick's group can't get to guns when they need them while their guys are off beating walker pinatas and kids are jumping fences while the babysitter is asleep then they're in trouble. Walkers won't take that place down by themselves, its a utopia without being stormed. Rick knows this, so power or not he's going to have a plan that won't be Abraham and Daryl handing everyone sharpened sticks and rocks.
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Something tells me Alexandria wants Daryl dead. Hmm... how to make his death look like he did it to himself for being stubborn....
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:03 am    Post subject:

Very good episode...can we have more?
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:08 am    Post subject:

Who took the gun in the blender? Morgan?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

lol @ ROTC kid thinking that he's bad ass.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
lol @ ROTC kid thinking that he's bad ass.

Lesson learned: Don't (bleep) with Glenn.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:51 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:

He dumped it before they first walked in, the girl was watching them as they entered. Later, when Carl lost the girl in the woods he was close to where his dad was. My money is on the girl, but I don't think the current town's people sent her.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:02 am    Post subject:

Where the (bleep) was the priest this entire episode?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 am    Post subject:

"they measure you by what they can take from you"

lol Rick is totally gonna take this place over. That line was repeated too often, and that ending...

maybe they flipped the script on the crew this time. instead of these new characters being hard to trust, now it's our very own Rick Grimes.
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject:

CBaller8 wrote:

Morgan is months behind them
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:30 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

We have Noah. Obviously they killed the priest off.
axs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.

In places where it snows or gets very cold during the winter, do the walkers freeze? Can they survive being frozen and thawing out? If they do freeze, winter is a good time to gather supplies in conditions like that.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
CBaller8 wrote:

Morgan is months behind them

and he thinks the group is headed to DC.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
"they measure you by what they can take from you"

lol Rick is totally gonna take this place over. That line was repeated too often, and that ending...

maybe they flipped the script on the crew this time. instead of these new characters being hard to trust, now it's our very own Rick Grimes.

I wasn't sure how to take what Rick said since he qualified it with the current residents being unable to survive. So I didn't quite see it as Rick saying he was going to take over the place, but more that he didn't really care if those who weren't in his family lived or died. If the others died, you take what they left behind.

But if Rick and Daryl start thinking crazy thoughts I have a feeling that there will be a confrontation with Michonne and Glenn. They won't want Rick to ruin this for them.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

Probably assigned a job as a priest elsewhere.

He's never really fit in with Rick's "family". He was just an outsider tagging along.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:23 am    Post subject:

Pretty good episode!

The only thing that annoys me is that every group has another term for the zombies. "Roamers" ... just feels a little forced. Just call them zombies and be done with it

By the way is that guy justin timberlake?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 ... 126, 127, 128  Next
Page 108 of 128
Jump to: