Tony Gaffney posts on FB that Melo wants to be a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Best I would do

Lakers-Melo/Balkman and C.Anderson(For Trade X in separate trade)
Nuggets-Mayo/Thabeet/Caracter/Ebanks/Haddai/2013 LA 1st
Memphis-Odom/S.Williams/Luke/Return 2nd round pick(From LA)

Thats a very solid deal for the Nuggets and LO could put Memphis into the playoffs(by trading two players falling out of favor in Memphis)..Lakers get Melo/Anderson while giving up only 1 rotation Player
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:58 pm    Post subject:

deadman8586 wrote:
dirka dirka wrote:
I have no idea on the numbers but Drew+Artest for Melo+Nene.

Salaries won't match from our end. Also Luke might have tobe added too.

Oh, then that's the deal breaker
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Best I would do

Thats a very solid deal for the Nuggets and LO could put Memphis into the playoffs(by trading two players falling out of favor in Memphis)..Lakers get Melo/Anderson while giving up only 1 rotation Player

If the Grizzlies are getting LO then you might as well try and get Darrell Arthur from them.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Luke and Sasha for Melo.

Do it mitch
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Luke and Sasha for Melo.

Do it mitch

We don't have Sasha anymore.
styleripftw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
dood23 wrote:
Luke and Sasha for Melo.

Do it mitch

We don't have Sasha anymore.

what do u mean? lol he just doesnt get playing time
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Best I would do

If the Grizzlies are getting LO then you might as well try and get Darrell Arthur from them.

For who Lakers or Nuggets?And have to consider they is also taking on Walton's k
methticaL
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BobbyJ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I'd do Odom and Artest for Melo and Birdman.

Bynum
Gasol
Melo
Kobe
Fish

Birdman
Barnes
Shannon
Blake

I could live with this 9-man rotation.

Thank God your not the Lakers GM.

LOL. Well, the rumor is Odom and picks, so yes, I think Mitch could do better. I was tossing Artest in there to round out the team cuz I'm not sure how he'd handle coming off the bench. Birdman gives you back the height that you lost in Odom, and he defends too. But I guess most "Odom" believers would laugh at this suggestion. Odom and Artest for Melo and Birdman would be laughed at any other year cause it wouldn't be an equal trade to Denver. But Melo wants out and Odom is playing at an all time high. Odom has 11 years of inconsistent play, but 29 games of consistent play this year. If I had a chance to snag Melo for Odom, this is your window of opportunity right now. If you look at the big picture, it's not that ridiculous. Especially when Odom comes back down to earth. Then you wouldn't be laughing but crying that you could have had Melo.

+1

I would trade Lamar and Ron Artest (and i (bleep) love them both) and first round picks, for Melo and Birdman.

The lakers shouldn't trade lamar and picks for Melo because they lose to much value. Odom is significant to the lakers because he is a 7 footer that can handle, pass, and rebound... and right now he is hitting the 3 pointer too. If Lamar ever gets traded for Melo, the Lakers have to trade for another quality big to come off the bench.

Think about it. basketball is a game of matchups. the lakers cant afford to lose a quality big man that comes off the bench to compete for the title this year. period.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:29 am    Post subject:

methticaL wrote:
I would trade Lamar and Ron Artest (and i (bleep) love them both) and first round picks, for Melo and Birdman.

The lakers shouldn't trade lamar and picks for Melo because they lose to much value. Odom is significant to the lakers because he is a 7 footer that can handle, pass, and rebound... and right now he is hitting the 3 pointer too. If Lamar ever gets traded for Melo, the Lakers have to trade for another quality big to come off the bench.

Think about it. basketball is a game of matchups. the lakers cant afford to lose a quality big man that comes off the bench to compete for the title this year. period.

LOL - don't forget, Denver would have to like the deal, too. If their goal is to rebuild, then trading for LO as the centerpiece is not realistic. Neither is shunting him off to Memphis for OJ Mayo in a 3-way (from Memphis' perspective).

The Nuggets would likely start with Bynum, and then try to match from there.

If the Lakers wanted to take back salary, then Melo+Nene is likely attainable.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:52 am    Post subject:

you guys that dont want Melo are nuts, completely out of your minds! This guy is a legit MVP candidate, probably a top 3 scorer in todays game along side Kobe and Durant, he is physical, could post up and in the last 2 years he's been working on his defense. He could match up with Lebron head to head and hold his own with him on both ends of the floor, he is young and could keep us winning for years to come after Kobe hangs them up. Plus, Kobe likes him, they are friends... Imagine Melo working with Kobe on his footwork, post game and fundamentals, you have got to be kidding me!!! IF we could get him I would tell Denver, you could have anyone except Kobe and Pau, take your pick and make it happen!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
you guys that dont want Melo are nuts, completely out of your minds! This guy is a legit MVP candidate, probably a top 3 scorer in todays game along side Kobe and Durant, he is physical, could post up and in the last 2 years he's been working on his defense. He could match up with Lebron head to head and hold his own with him on both ends of the floor, he is young and could keep us winning for years to come after Kobe hangs them up. Plus, Kobe likes him, they are friends... Imagine Melo working with Kobe on his footwork, post game and fundamentals, you have got to be kidding me!!! IF we could get him I would tell Denver, you could have anyone except Kobe and Pau, take your pick and make it happen!

I agree. An opportunity like this doesn't come around often. You need to capitalize while you can. Melo is a legit player and will only get better working with Kobe.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
Best I would do

For who Lakers or Nuggets?And have to consider they is also taking on Walton's k

Lakers. Arthur is useless when you have Gasol, Randolph, and LO.
dgrynch
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject:

thehotsung8701A
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject:

Getting Melo would officially take the Heat out of any chance of winning the Title now or for the next few years.

Just think:

Lakers: Gasol, Kobe, Melo

or

Heats: Bosh, Wade, and James?

No chance for Heat now.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Tony Gaffney wrotes too much.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Given how much Lamar makes...it'd be crazy to trade him.

Way, way, way, WAY too much bang for the buck.
yellowledbetter
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I'd much rather unload Bynum, especially if you consider that Bynum only has what? 1 year left after this. And then you are going to have to give him ANOTHER extension, presumably for similar if not more money than he's making now. Unless he transforms into prime Shaq in the next 18 months that's not an impasse I would want to be at with Drew and his agent.
LAKESHOW2G
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I was just browsing on real gm and found this thread which has a screen shot of gaffneys chat thing on Facebook I assume
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=1078543

9-11-01 A day we will all remember
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
methticaL wrote:

LOL - don't forget, Denver would have to like the deal, too. If their goal is to rebuild, then trading for LO as the centerpiece is not realistic. Neither is shunting him off to Memphis for OJ Mayo in a 3-way (from Memphis' perspective).

The Nuggets would likely start with Bynum, and then try to match from there.

If the Lakers wanted to take back salary, then Melo+Nene is likely attainable.

Lets not act like Mayo value is real high right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6
Jump to: