Tony Gaffney posts on FB that Melo wants to be a Laker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject:

shaka 19 wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Nuggets were in love with Caracter at draft time. As you may remember, the Nuggets felt LA had taken Caracter as a way of just pissing in their Cheerios.

A trade centered around LO isn't much, but when you consider that Caracter and Ebanks are essentially first round picks talent-wise, you can begin to see a trade that gives Denver a future that they don't actually have should Melo just outright walk at the end of the year.

Still, not buying it. Favors+3 Future #1s beats any package centered on LO.

True they have waaay better deals on the table

But if Mrs. Anthony make it clear that she.... I mean Melo won't sign any extension unless it's LA, those deals won't be on the table. He walks at the end of the season and Denver would get nothing.
Moises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Now that its been reported in the media expect it NOT to happen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject:

And Carmelo has consistently been against signing in NJ. Could definitely see LaLa wanting LaLa.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject:

VujacicFan wrote:
Odom > Melo for the Lakers.

tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
This is complete garbage. Why even make a thread for this BS. At least put it in the Trade area and don't litter the Lakers Lounge with this crap.

Gotta love hypocrisy.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:33 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
And Carmelo has consistently been against signing in NJ.
If you ignore Woj, who's pretty much always correct, then, yes, this is correct.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-anthonytalks122110

Last edited by Lowest Merion on Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
And Carmelo has consistently been against signing in NJ. Could definitely see LaLa wanting LaLa.

Just think LaLa, if Melo plays here you get to rub shoulders with Jack Nicholson, Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg. It would do wonders for your career.
Vercetti
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Great. Another Odom trade rumor. Now he'll start playing like crap again.
RealOne
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Hope that Carmelo is not KendallGilling the Lakers. Just mention the Lakers and in 15 minutes the contract offer sweetens by 15%.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Lol, LG has been trying to trade LO for years now. Even after 2 rings the grass is always greener.

Lakers need DEFENSE, not more scoring. And last I checked, Lamar's a alot better defensively than Melo.

And have you guys not learned that a Laker big goes down every year? Melo can't play Center or PF like Lamar.

How is Melo going to score any more than Lamar with Pau and Kobe taking the bulk of the shots?

Lamar 16ppg, 10 rebounds. Let's see how past Lamar trade bait is doing this year:

Kirk Hinrich - 11 ppg, 5 assists
Shawn Marion - 11ppg, 6 rebounds

Get off the crack.

Mitch >>>>>>>> LG Armchair GM's.
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Wow Melo to LA? will he play the Scottie Pippen/Point-Forward role?

whatever happened to the user that was a Melo fan that used to post on LG? he's probably orgasming over this trade rumor.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
If you ignore Woj, who's pretty much always correct, then, yes, this is correct.

And Kobe Bryant was "OK" with a trade to Chicago - ONLY if they wouldn't send enough help. The theorized "help" that NJ would have waiting on him would consist of Al Harrington and/or Chauncey Billups coming.

So yeah, he's ok with going to NJ in the unlikely event that they can actually create a trade that gets him as much help as he would have in NY with Amar'e. Just as Kobe stacked the deck against LA in '08, Melo is stacking it against Denver.

As an aside, Woj really is by far the most connected man in the game, IMO. Dude either has stories that no one else does or the balls to print the stories that no one else would dare consider. Dude is straight nails on his stuff. Huge fan.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject:

NOODLESTYLE wrote:
Wow Melo to LA? will he play the Scottie Pippen/Point-Forward role?

Since that role involves setting up teammates and passing the ball, I'm going to go out on a limb and say "no".
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:07 pm    Post subject:

actually i'm fb friends with gaffney and it's not on his page - so it's either a fabrication or he pulled it.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Lets see what happens, never say never.
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:
actually i'm fb friends with gaffney and it's not on his page - so it's either a fabrication or he pulled it.

Thanks emplay!
KIngKuMAR
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Perhaps the reason he pulled it is because he knows it might become dead if it links out.....

I still think Melo becomes a Laker probably not until the last second of the trade deadline.
akola
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject:

emplay wrote:

I checked his fb too and its not posted anywhere. This is probably a lame rumor planted by some douchey heat fan attempting to distract the laker fans and players from the XMas game.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:15 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
If you ignore Woj, who's pretty much always correct, then, yes,  this is correct.  

And Kobe Bryant was "OK" with a trade to Chicago - ONLY if they wouldn't send enough help. The theorized "help" that NJ would have waiting on him would consist of Al Harrington and/or Chauncey Billups coming. 

So yeah, he's ok with going to NJ in the unlikely event that they can actually create a trade that gets him as much help as he would have in NY with Amar'e. Just as Kobe stacked the deck against LA in '08, Melo is stacking it against Denver. 

As an aside, Woj really is by far the most connected man in the game, IMO. Dude either has stories that no one else does or the balls to print the stories that no one else would dare consider. Dude is straight nails on his stuff. Huge fan.

I didn't mention past Kobe trade scenarios. And I don't think Woj is an aside. He's consistently ahead of the game, and as an example, he had both ORL trades as done  before anyone from espn even mentioned them. 
kobeownslebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
VujacicFan wrote:
Odom > Melo for the Lakers.

It's true you are an idiot if you think otherwise.
"That's somebody that's the greatest in the game and is a dominant player," Wall said. "It was great to hear from Kobe. That's going to motivate me more to keep working hard and to keep getting better."

John Wall On Kobe Bryant.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
If you ignore Woj, who's pretty much always correct, then, yes,  this is correct.  

I didn't mention past Kobe trade scenarios. And I don't think Woj is an aside. He's consistently ahead of the game, and as an example, he had both ORL trades as done  before anyone from espn even mentioned them. 

The "aside" was a change of topic, discussing the fact that Woj was the man. Not that I thought Woj was less than stellar. That dude, and Yahoo! Sports in general, has been the standard of reporting for at least the past 2 years.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Kobe would be extremely happy to have his BFF on the team.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

The "aside" was a change of topic, discussing the fact that Woj was the man. Not that I thought Woj was less than stellar. That dude, and Yahoo! Sports in general, has been the standard of reporting for at least the past 2 years.

Ok.  No disagreement then. We're on the same page. Woj has been straight killing it recently. 
moonwalker8701
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject:

I'll believe it when Stephen A Smith calls it. He called the whole Big 3 in Miami when no one would have predicted it. Where are you Stephen A?
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. I don't put much stock in rumors until Woj says so. I'm not sure if he's got his ear closer to the ground than everyone else, has pictures of Stern and various owners involving goats, or what, but the man consistently gets the story before anyone else.

And as seen with his 2 year run of attacks on LBJ, he has some very compelling off-court stories that he's not afraid to run. The stuff involving LeBron throwing temper tantrums on Team USA, Team USA officials asking Kobe and Kidd to babysit him, etc, are not things you would hear from most reporters.

By far the best in the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to: