Max Kellerman Show on 710 ESPN radio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcellus Wiley leaving KSPN

SportsLoco wrote:
After 11 years at Disney/ESPN and many years of dreadful sportstalk at KSPN he is leaving and joining FS1. Marcellus Wiley will forever be remembered as one of the worst sportstalk radio personalities this town has ever heard. That is saying something in a market that has some horrible sportstalk.

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.

anyone know who is taking over for marcellus? i actually really like travis rodgers (his partner)
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcellus Wiley leaving KSPN

Freddie Buckets wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
After 11 years at Disney/ESPN and many years of dreadful sportstalk at KSPN he is leaving and joining FS1. Marcellus Wiley will forever be remembered as one of the worst sportstalk radio personalities this town has ever heard. That is saying something in a market that has some horrible sportstalk.

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.

anyone know who is taking over for marcellus? i actually really like travis rodgers (his partner)

I agree, I think Rodgers is pretty good. I remember back in the day when he was Jim Rome's show producer.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Bring back Thompson and Trudell.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Bring back Thompson and Trudell.

this. the stephen a smith show is garbage. it's two hours of him yelling at callers.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Marcellus Wiley leaving KSPN

ChickenStu wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmm.

I agree, I think Rodgers is pretty good. I remember back in the day when he was Jim Rome's show producer.

i was a big fan of the brief morning show he did with Kelvin Washington on 710.

those two were pretty funny together.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the necro-post, the Mighty 1090 AM in San Diego has been shut down permanently as of 4/29/2019 [LINK]. They had been streaming for the past two weeks while attempting to re-negotiate the lease on the 50,000 watt tower located in Mexico. Monthly lease was around $75,000-$100,000 and they had trouble keeping up with the payments according to reports.

Mighty 1090's 50,000 watt signal could be heard in Los Angeles for the past 16 years. For some, it has been a decent alternative to some of the shows heard currently on KSPN and KLAC.

For longtime fans of sports radio since the XTRA 690 days, some of the names like Joe Tutino (Rome's producer) and Coach John Kentera joined 1090AM after some of the better known hosts such as: John Ireland, Steve Mason, Jeanie Zelasko, Steve Hartman (Loose Cannon/s), Brad Cesmat, and Rick Schwartz left for other markets.

Steve Mason joined the Mighty 1090 in 2004 to pair up with former Loose Cannon Bill "Philly Billy" Werndl. That didn't last despite John Lynch offering him 5 year deal. Mason verbally agreed to it, but then decided to bolt for a gig at KSPN 710 in LA.

For any listeners of the Scott/BR Show, Scott Kaplan is streamling live today on Youtube - just type Scott Kaplan at the site to watch the stream.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Just heard two promos on ESPN 710.

Mason and Ireland will be moving from noon-3 to 3-6

The Will Cain show will take their slot from 12-3
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

^Thanks for the update — Ireland’s been clamoring for drive time for the longest time and looks like he finally gets his time slot. This works out well with the upcoming season which will have M&I lead into the Laker pre-game show on game nights.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Update for the one or two LGers who used to listen to the former Mighty 1090: Scott and BR’s show is still being streamed on YouTube. Scott hasn’t been able to land a radio gig and the owners of the 1090 tower have no interest in re-starting the station.
https://youtube.com/scottkaplansports
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Just heard two promos on ESPN 710.

Mason and Ireland will be moving from noon-3 to 3-6

The Will Cain show will take their slot from 12-3

So Sedano is out? He did just recently take a 2-week vacation, and I was wondering if something was up.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

^While a 2-week vacation is usually the harbinger of doom for radio hosts, the Sedano Show will be moving to 6:30pm - 9pm (according to Arash Markazi).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
^While a 2-week vacation is usually the harbinger of doom for radio hosts, the Sedano Show will be moving to 6:30pm - 9pm (according to Arash Markazi).

That's an odd time slot; seems like a less competitive time slot. And the show will be pre-empted often in that slot. You have to wonder if Sedano will look to leave LA radio for a drivetime show in some other city. I hope so. He doesn't have an LA perspective.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Any host is better than east coast hack/Knicks fan Arnie "Stinkin' Genius" Spanier who would openly mock his own LA based audience (during our 3peat era no less) on LA first and original sports talk KXTA 1150am. Remember meeting him at a remote in some downtown LA hotel for arena football tickets or something which they gave us or else I wouldn't have a problem cussing that bastard out live on air!

"Oh Laker fans!'
*Shudders*
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
K2 wrote:

That's an odd time slot; seems like a less competitive time slot. And the show will be pre-empted often in that slot. You have to wonder if Sedano will look to leave LA radio for a drivetime show in some other city. I hope so. He doesn't have an LA perspective.

When Sedano's show afternoon drive show started last September, M&I had him on their show and they light-heartedly warned him that he wouldn't last very long. Less than a year later, management is sticking him in that odd slot which will be pre-empted by Lakers basketball for most of the season. I think you're right, at some point Sedano will just head elsewhere and one or both of the flying Kamenetzky brothers will end up guest hosting.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
Any host is better than east coast hack/Knicks fan Arnie "Stinkin' Genius" Spanier who would openly mock his own LA based audience (during our 3peat era no less) on LA first and original sports talk KXTA 1150am. Remember meeting him at a remote in some downtown LA hotel for arena football tickets or something which they gave us or else I wouldn't have a problem cussing that bastard out live on air!

"Oh Laker fans!'
*Shudders*

If I recall correctly, there was a time when Arnie bet that the Spurs would beat the Lakers in the playoffs and he ended up washing cars to pay up on that bet. Fans finally had a chance to get back at him for all of those "Oh Laker Fans" (cricket sounds) taunts which would rile up his audience. It couldn't have happened to more deserving host who resorted to trolling to keep listeners from switching stations.

He's still doing his ol' stick on the nationally syndicated show to fire up football fan bases nowadays.
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:23 am    Post subject:

For those that missed it. Disney no longer owns KSPN (710) It is now owned by Milwaukee based Good Karma Brands.

https://radioinsight.com/headlines/216860/good-karma-acquires-espns-new-york-los-angeles-chicago-properties/

The station is headed downhill even though they recently extended their contract with the Lakers. The signal is about to be downgraded. That’s the state of radio these days. Nobody is listening.

https://www.insideradio.com/free/the-lakers-and-good-karma-brands-extend-deal-games-to-remain-on-kspn/article_226f5ee0-a52d-11ec-91b9-8bd1d323fb22.html
XTC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:20 am    Post subject:

Thanks SportsLoco, I didn’t realize Disney decided to sell off KSPN, it’s sad to see what has happened to the industry.

Quote:
Tim Harris, Lakers President of Business Operations: “Lakers fans will continue to receive a first-class broadcast experience for every game throughout the season with their favorite duo behind the mic.”

As for the signal, Lakers’ Tim Harris had to be aware that KSPN would be going from 50,000 watts day/20,000 watts night to 34,000 watts day/ 2,500 watts night before the contract extension, but they still did the deal anyway.

The current signal is bad enough in OC at nights, that downgrade is going to hit hard. With the team playing terribly these days, apparently it will be see no evil, hear no evil.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Page 31 of 31
Jump to: