Max Kellerman Show on 710 ESPN radio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AC Green
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 300

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject:

SportsLoco wrote:
AC Green wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
August 2014 PPM Radio Ratings covering L.A. and Orange Counties 6+ overall:

No. 29 KLAC 570 [1.1 share]

No. 32 KSPN 710 [0.9 share]

KFWB 980 begins officially on Monday. They are No. 42 [0.2 share]


Do you have a more specific breakdown of the ratings for each show? I'm curious how the 12-3 and 3-7 shows do against each other.


Nielsen doesn't provide that information, but Max and Marcellus are not doing well against Petros and Money from what I've been told.


That's interesting because when Mike Thompson (710 Program Director) switched Max and Marcellus to 3-7 and Mason and Ireland to 12-3, I assumed it was because they were getting great ratings. I remember during the last ratings book, Mason and Ireland mentioned that they were the highest rated show on 710. I'm wondering if they switch them back to 3-7
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Oct 2001
Posts: 5794
Location: Allupinya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Ireland is on Laker duty so he can't do the show until 7.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Posts: 372

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Fred Roggin on KFWB 980?

Fred Roggin was supposed to be the new 12-3 host on 570, but the suits at Clear Channel put the kibosh on that one wanting keep Fox Sports Radio on the station in the day. Now the rumor is Fred Roggin is joining KFWB 980 after Jim Rome 12-3. Mason and Ireland will soon have a local show to compete with in town.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject:

AC Green wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
AC Green wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
August 2014 PPM Radio Ratings covering L.A. and Orange Counties 6+ overall:

No. 29 KLAC 570 [1.1 share]

No. 32 KSPN 710 [0.9 share]

KFWB 980 begins officially on Monday. They are No. 42 [0.2 share]


Do you have a more specific breakdown of the ratings for each show? I'm curious how the 12-3 and 3-7 shows do against each other.


Nielsen doesn't provide that information, but Max and Marcellus are not doing well against Petros and Money from what I've been told.


That's interesting because when Mike Thompson (710 Program Director) switched Max and Marcellus to 3-7 and Mason and Ireland to 12-3, I assumed it was because they were getting great ratings. I remember during the last ratings book, Mason and Ireland mentioned that they were the highest rated show on 710. I'm wondering if they switch them back to 3-7


I think it's hard to go by summer ratings when the hosts typically take time off. For a while, Dodger baseball was on more than PMS. Max and Marcellus were out a lot during the summer and we had garbage like Lyons filling in. I even heard a lot of Be to during the World Cup and that guy can't host worth (bleep).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Nov 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject:

be interesting to see data when the Lakers start up again and if they are even an average team, the ratings should be pretty good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 24568

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
AC Green wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
AC Green wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
August 2014 PPM Radio Ratings covering L.A. and Orange Counties 6+ overall:

No. 29 KLAC 570 [1.1 share]

No. 32 KSPN 710 [0.9 share]

KFWB 980 begins officially on Monday. They are No. 42 [0.2 share]


Do you have a more specific breakdown of the ratings for each show? I'm curious how the 12-3 and 3-7 shows do against each other.


Nielsen doesn't provide that information, but Max and Marcellus are not doing well against Petros and Money from what I've been told.


That's interesting because when Mike Thompson (710 Program Director) switched Max and Marcellus to 3-7 and Mason and Ireland to 12-3, I assumed it was because they were getting great ratings. I remember during the last ratings book, Mason and Ireland mentioned that they were the highest rated show on 710. I'm wondering if they switch them back to 3-7


I think it's hard to go by summer ratings when the hosts typically take time off. For a while, Dodger baseball was on more than PMS. Max and Marcellus were out a lot during the summer and we had garbage like Lyons filling in. I even heard a lot of Be to during the World Cup and that guy can't host worth (bleep).


Yep. One station is the flagship for the Doyers while the other is the same for the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Posts: 372

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:40 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
be interesting to see data when the Lakers start up again and if they are even an average team, the ratings should be pretty good.


If you can call being 29th or 32nd in the market "pretty good." It will be interesting now with KFWB in the mix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Nov 2005
Posts: 3893

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject:

SportsLoco wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
be interesting to see data when the Lakers start up again and if they are even an average team, the ratings should be pretty good.


If you can call being 29th or 32nd in the market "pretty good." It will be interesting now with KFWB in the mix.
im talking about in the sports genre and in southern Cali. Of course a sports radio station isnt going to be as popular as the POP music crap that the radio plays. At least i think thats what they play, i havent listened to music radio in like 15 years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
gumby
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2346
Location: Anaheim

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject:

Is Max still suspended because I don't listen every day to know?

Once in a while I tune in around that time and its either Trudell, the Kamenetzkis or somebody else.

Bye.
_________________
"This trophy removes the most odious sentence in the English Language. It can never be said again that 'the Lakers have never beaten the Celtics.'" -Dr. Jerry Buss (1985) R.I.P., 33 x M.V.O.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Feb 2002
Posts: 14876
Location: Reseda, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:13 am    Post subject:

gumby wrote:
Is Max still suspended because I don't listen every day to know?

Once in a while I tune in around that time and its either Trudell, the Kamenetzkis or somebody else.

Bye.


No he's back
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Posts: 372

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Fred Roggin Show on The Beast 980

Today is the first day of The Beast 980 KFWB. Fred Roggin Show Noon-3pm. First competition for Mason and Ireland on KSPN 710.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94783
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject:

Max works for me.

I grew up in LA, lived there for almost 25 years. I've attended college/grad school in the east, and now have lived here for over a decade. So in a way, I "get" Max and even Marcellus. Perhaps folks who only lived in LA don't appreciate Max as much but he's pretty quintessential NY in ways and thinking, which I have to now assimilate with.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Fred Roggin Show on The Beast 980

SportsLoco wrote:
Today is the first day of The Beast 980 KFWB. Fred Roggin Show Noon-3pm. First competition for Mason and Ireland on KSPN 710.


980 on my morning rush hour drive was garbage with Zelasko.

Mid-day is weak with that has been Rome.

The evening rush hour guys are horrible. No competition for Max and Marcellus or PMS.

I'm not a big fan of Roggin, but he is probably their only hope at being respectable
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pissedmeoff1012
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 Jun 2005
Posts: 878

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:57 am    Post subject:

They need Dave Smith on 980
_________________
BUCK FOSTON!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SportsLoco
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2005
Posts: 372

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Fred Roggin Show on The Beast 980

Tark the Shark wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
Today is the first day of The Beast 980 KFWB. Fred Roggin Show Noon-3pm. First competition for Mason and Ireland on KSPN 710.


980 on my morning rush hour drive was garbage with Zelasko.

Mid-day is weak with that has been Rome.

The evening rush hour guys are horrible. No competition for Max and Marcellus or PMS.

I'm not a big fan of Roggin, but he is probably their only hope at being respectable


The P.D. at 980 is Owen Murphy

He comes from Seattle. His twitter is @SportsRadioCoach

He clearly does not know this market. Station sounds terrible. Roggin was ok. No phone calls. The afternoon drive guys are unlistenable. Brett Winterble is called "LA super fan" and he comes from San Diego. More bad sports talk in L.A.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12226

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Rome talks like he knows sports, and his takes are loud and bold, but he doesn't know as much as he makes it seem like. I rarely seem him truly break down sports to a tee.


My favorite duo was the K-Bros. Good takes, good knowledge. Not trying to be 2 drunk stoners (like petros and money).
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Fred Roggin Show on The Beast 980

SportsLoco wrote:
Tark the Shark wrote:
SportsLoco wrote:
Today is the first day of The Beast 980 KFWB. Fred Roggin Show Noon-3pm. First competition for Mason and Ireland on KSPN 710.


980 on my morning rush hour drive was garbage with Zelasko.

Mid-day is weak with that has been Rome.

The evening rush hour guys are horrible. No competition for Max and Marcellus or PMS.

I'm not a big fan of Roggin, but he is probably their only hope at being respectable


The P.D. at 980 is Owen Murphy

He comes from Seattle. His twitter is @SportsRadioCoach

He clearly does not know this market. Station sounds terrible. Roggin was ok. No phone calls. The afternoon drive guys are unlistenable. Brett Winterble is called "LA super fan" and he comes from San Diego. More bad sports talk in L.A.


I tried to give the station a try this week, but it's just horrible.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Blargg
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 19 Sep 2014
Posts: 40

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject:

What is a Jeff Katz and why does 710 keep putting it on my radio???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22657

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Blargg wrote:
What is a Jeff Katz and why does 710 keep putting it on my radio???


He's an all-around fill-in guy for station folks on that are on vacation. Not sure how he got the gig, but I think Mike Thompson (PD) likes to plug in a filler who can crossover with some non-sports talk such as entertainment news/crap. That seems to explain why Ben Lyons gets to lurk around various time slots too. They are trying to skew a younger demo with a broader range of content. Unfortunately the days of undiluted sports talk have gone by way of the dodo bird.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Free_Kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 13196
Location: @ the beach

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Blargg wrote:
What is a Jeff Katz and why does 710 keep putting it on my radio???

I hate listening to him as much as I hate cancer!
_________________
♪ ♫One good thing about music, when it hits, you feel no pain...
So hit me with music! ♪ ♫
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobeskillz
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Nov 2008
Posts: 1019

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

Blargg wrote:
What is a Jeff Katz and why does 710 keep putting it on my radio???


He is something that should never have been on the radio to begin with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Tark the Shark
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2006
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject:

Anyone listen to Cowturd's new show yet?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2009
Posts: 4148
Location: Meeting the man who met Andy Griffith.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject:

Katz slobbers just like Merril Schindler when he gets excited. Except Merril is absolutely awesome and Katz is just annoying as a (bleep).
_________________
"The best there is. The best there was. The best there ever will be.", said Bret Hart regarding the Los Angeles Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22657

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Fred Roggin Show on The Beast 980

SportsLoco wrote:
Today is the first day of The Beast 980 KFWB. Fred Roggin Show Noon-3pm. First competition for Mason and Ireland on KSPN 710.


Listeners didn't even have to stab The Beast with steely knives to kill it. Feb 29, 2016 was the last day for Jeanne Zalasko, Plaschke, and others at The Beast 980. Clippers radio isn't going away just yet, they'll be marooned until they can find a new radio partner.

Took a listen yesterday and they were still playing a short loop that summaraized the last 90 years of KFWB.

Today, the new format, Desi 980 was in full force.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 2626
Location: Globo Gym

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Tark the Shark wrote:
Anyone listen to Cowturd's new show yet?


Yes. I want to talk history with Kristine Leahy.
_________________
Because we're better than you!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB