Start a Franchise: Blake Griffin or Andrew Bynum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adtz wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
adtz wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

15-25? 22nd worst team in the league. That's pretty bad.

Clips are 7-3 in their last 10 and 10-4 in their last 14. Clearly, they started terribly, but they've turned it around. Though their February schedule is brutal. 

Griffin's averaging 22.5ppg, 12.8rpg, 3.4apg and 52.5FG% on the year.  And he's only getting better.  Griffin averaged only 20.9 points and 11.7 boards in November. In the last thirty days, he's averaged 26.8ppg, 13.9rpg, 3.9apg, and 55.6FG%.  That is crazy. 

The last player, not just rookie, to have a game of at least 47 and 14 was KG in 2005. 
Again, did it matter much?? john wall did a triple double within just 5 games, if not wrong it ties some record right? and last season jenning score 55 points, i believe it also near some records too. And not to said love, who get a 30/30 and last to be done is at 80s. But what does it prove?? apart from jennings buck whose manage to get into playoff, the rest show that it just easy to get this number in a weak teams. That why i don't like numbers, and it alway unfair to compare player using number.

How does scoring 47 points show a player plays for a weak team? They didn't score it against their own team. Was Bynum's 42 against the Clippers mean more because the Lakers have a winning record?
at least it do meant more, as laker had far more talent team then clipper teams. At least bynum show that even as a 3rd option, he can get this number, whereas blake G yet had the chance to show that he can do it.

And again, if 15-25 with a 0.375 winning % is not consider weak, how do you define a weak team??

Well I guess you just proved that Bynum's 42-point game wasn't impressive. Afterall, he did it against the Clippers...a weak team.
I did not said it impressive, since he only did it once in his career. Anw bynum is known for his defense, and not offense, so i had no problem with that.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject:

How old is griffin? I mean the kid still has acne...
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:20 am    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Anybody who would take Bynum would suck at running a franchise. You're not going to be very good right now with either player as your best player. Blake Griffin sells tickets. A lot of tickets. Bynum doesn't.
yep, you go ahead and sell tickets early. while i build a winning environment for decades to come. bynum will not be the only player on the team. so to say he cant sell tickets is foolish. you could place other high flying players around him just to bring in the not so savvy fan.

you start winning ships and watch what happens to your fanbase.

and watch how many older players you could attract for ring chasing purpose that could keep your winning going for longer with a nice mesh of youth + vets.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Ode to Triple Ocho wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
However, Blake put up 44 earlier, 47 today, AND is averaging 22-13 through half the season. Drew has not come near those numbers for any significant amount of time.

The fact of the matter is, Bynum would be putting up close to those numbers if he was on the Clippers instead of Griffin. To claim otherwise, would be ignoring Bynum's production when he gets the amount touches and minutes griffin sees on a desperate franchise.

cirehawk wrote:

What's so terrible about his/her reasoning? It's based on actual facts, not a bunch of if's (IF Drew got more shots or IF Blake played with Kobe). Pau seems to get his fair share of shots. If Drew were so great, he'd be the #2 option over Pau and would be getting more shots. Since he isn't, I'd argue that yours is the reasoning that's terrible.

A Blake Griffin in his early 20s would be the third option on the Lakers as long as Phil Jackson is coaching.

Again, acting like Bynum isn't capable of dropping 40 or 20/10 as teh center piece of a lottery team is just pure ignorance.

Those are fantasy numbers pure and simple.
Drew has never demonstrated he can come close to those numbers on a consistent basis. Blake Griffin on the other hand has. I'm sure a lot of Laker fans had high hopes for Drew to become a superstar but as the seasons wore on and reality set in, most of us have realized the fact that is he a injury prone, highly capable role player, but not a superstar like we had hoped for.

This is pretty much the truth summed up. I like Bynum a lot. He contributed in many ways when we won back to backs but its not even close when it comes to whether or not you start a franchise with Griffin or even D12. Us even having the conversation is pretty outlandish. Griffin and Howard are bona fide franchise players while Bynum is a very good role player on a team.
WRONG..

Dwight on the dream team became a role player did he not?

That proves our point. you play along side superiour perimeter superstars. and watch what happens to your touches. Shaq on the dream team back in his day was not a role player. he was still one of the main focal points of the offense.

Bynum basically plays on a semi dream team. with KB, GASOL and LO. lucky for bynum RON is missing shots. otherwise there goes more shots.
GQue24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject:

^^Howard on the Lakers alongside both LO & Kobe would still avg 26,12,4,2.

Bynum will never average those numbers, not even when LA finally decides to ship him out to another team where he can be the #1 or #2 option.

Howard would put opposing teams in the penalty situations ealry in every quarter, he would be a true defensive anchor, and he would keep Kobe fresh for another 2 years because Kobe wouldnt have to work so hard, like he does now because PAu & Bynum are lazy with their offensive attack. Since we all know Kobe does not get calls from refs, the fouls Howard will draw intentionally will force the refs to give Kobe a couple calls and they wont go for nothing like most of his cheap calls he gets now because LA is not in penalty situations. So this means a real threat under the hoop to convert on easy ops without Kobe having to waste all his energy creating a shot for him, Kobe would get more free throws each game, and Kobe would be able to pace himself much better and save his legs for grind of post season play.

"I'M NEVER WRONG, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT LIKE FREEWAY EXITS!!"
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
However, Blake put up 44 earlier, 47 today, AND is averaging 22-13 through half the season. Drew has not come near those numbers for any significant amount of time.

The fact of the matter is, Bynum would be putting up close to those numbers if he was on the Clippers instead of Griffin. To claim otherwise, would be ignoring Bynum's production when he gets the amount touches and minutes griffin sees on a desperate franchise.

cirehawk wrote:

What's so terrible about his/her reasoning? It's based on actual facts, not a bunch of if's (IF Drew got more shots or IF Blake played with Kobe). Pau seems to get his fair share of shots. If Drew were so great, he'd be the #2 option over Pau and would be getting more shots. Since he isn't, I'd argue that yours is the reasoning that's terrible.

A Blake Griffin in his early 20s would be the third option on the Lakers as long as Phil Jackson is coaching.

Again, acting like Bynum isn't capable of dropping 40 or 20/10 as teh center piece of a lottery team is just pure ignorance.

Drew has never demonstrated he can come close to those numbers on a consistent basis. Blake Griffin on the other hand has. I'm sure a lot of Laker fans had high hopes for Drew to become a superstar but as the seasons wore on and reality set in, most of us have realized the fact that is he a injury prone, highly capable role player, but not a superstar like we had hoped for.

This is pretty much the truth summed up. I like Bynum a lot. He contributed in many ways when we won back to backs but its not even close when it comes to whether or not you start a franchise with Griffin or even D12. Us even having the conversation is pretty outlandish. Griffin and Howard are bona fide franchise players while Bynum is a very good role player on a team.
WRONG..

That proves our point. you play along side superiour perimeter superstars. and watch what happens to your touches. Shaq on the dream team back in his day was not a role player. he was still one of the main focal points of the offense.

Bynum basically plays on a semi dream team. with KB, GASOL and LO. lucky for bynum RON is missing shots. otherwise there goes more shots.

Thats a long way comparing a team with Lebron, Deron, Wade, Paul, Melo etc with the Lakers....

I seriously doubt Dwight will have Bynum numbers if he was with the Lakers.

I don't know anyone outside Laker forums say Bynum is a better player than Dwight.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:
Anybody who would take Bynum would suck at running a franchise. You're not going to be very good right now with either player as your best player. Blake Griffin sells tickets. A lot of tickets. Bynum doesn't.
yep, you go ahead and sell tickets early. while i build a winning environment for decades to come. bynum will not be the only player on the team. so to say he cant sell tickets is foolish. you could place other high flying players around him just to bring in the not so savvy fan.

and watch how many older players you could attract for ring chasing purpose that could keep your winning going for longer with a nice mesh of youth + vets.
bynum cannot be the main focus of a team. hes not a good passer. in this short season(40 games) blake has had more assist than bynum has ever had. actually if you combine THE LAST 3 SEASONS. Bynum assist total is 155, BLAKES TOTAL ASSIST THIS SEASON is 134. blake brings something bynum doesnt, and thats consistency. blake consistently plays hard, goes after every rebound. despite playing with kobe, bynum only seems to wanna play hard when hes getting up shots....
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kaoss128 wrote:

bynum cannot be the main focus of a team. hes not a good passer. in this short season(40 games) blake has had more assist than bynum has ever had. actually if you combine THE LAST 3 SEASONS. Bynum assist total is 155, BLAKES TOTAL ASSIST THIS SEASON is 134. blake brings something bynum doesnt, and thats consistency. blake consistently plays hard, goes after every rebound. despite playing with kobe, bynum only seems to wanna play hard when hes getting up shots....

In fairness, the Clippers run a lot of their offense through Blake, where the Lakers have tended to run their offense (in varying degrees) to Bynum. He's developing as a passer, but playing next to Pau and Kobe, most of his offense has come off the ball, not as a primary post option. The passing skills come with experience, and as they have used him as a post option more, the skills have correspondingly developed. He started as a guy who couldn't pass much at all, graduated to a guy who struggled to know where to pass in each situation, and is in the process of assimilating an instinct for reads and passes. It's just like his post game, where he started with no real moves, developed some moves that he performed awkwardly as he learned to use them in real time, and now has some moves that are natural and he goes to without thinking. It's part of the normal center progression.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject:

there shouldnt be anyway blakein only 40 games should have just as many assist as bynum whos been a starter on the lakers for the last three. its either your a focal point of a team or your not.

blake has leadership qualities. bynum OTOH isnt someone the team looks too for guidance. kobe, pau, fisher, odom have been the ones we look to for the big shot or "that play". in reality bynum, even though i enjoy having him, has been just along for the ride in each of our two finals run.

hes our only center on the team so of course if hes missing we hurt, but some people act as if he was instrumental in our beating the magic and celtics, kobe pau fisher were instrumental in our finals wins. they couldnt be replaced b/c they made plays that we wouldve lost without. bynum was an impt piece to our team, but our finals wins go kobe pau fisher odom. those 4 get the lions share of the praise.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:20 am    Post subject:

if bynum were good enough to be the number two on our team he would be. look at shaq and kobe. although shaq was dominant as hell, kobe was always right there in the convo too. blake has an alpha dog mentality, he wouldnt be the third-4th option on any team.
GQue24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject:

In fairness to Blake he was nothing more then a dunker in College.

Now after missing an entire year due to injury he is a bonifide beast. If that stat is honestly true about Bynums total assits in 6 years and counting vs Blakes in just half a year and counting = Then you PRo Bynum guys have got to give it up claiming BYnum is better option to start a season.

Some1 needs to check Bynums overall number of dunks made as well in his 5 and half seasons and counting vs Blakes half a year and counting.

If by end of season Griffin is close or better overall in 1 year then Bynum in 6 years do we even need to ask this question or debate it?

"I'M NEVER WRONG, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT LIKE FREEWAY EXITS!!"
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject:

GQue24 wrote:

Now after missing an entire year due to injury he is a bonifide beast. If that stat is honestly true about Bynums total assits in 6 years and counting vs Blakes in just half a year and counting = Then you PRo Bynum guys have got to give it up claiming BYnum is better option to start a season.

Some1 needs to check Bynums overall number of dunks made as well in his 5 and half seasons and counting vs Blakes half a year and counting.

If by end of season Griffin is close or better overall in 1 year then Bynum in 6 years do we even need to ask this question or debate it?
its for the last 3 seasons. by seasons end i suspect blake will have surpassed more.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 am    Post subject:

Fallout wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
cirehawk wrote:

cirehawk wrote:

WRONG..

Thats a long way comparing a team with Lebron, Deron, Wade, Paul, Melo etc with the Lakers....

I seriously doubt Dwight will have Bynum numbers if he was with the Lakers.

I don't know anyone outside Laker forums say Bynum is a better player than Dwight.
It doesn't matter if you ever hear someone outside of the laker nation that says a 100% healthy bynum with zero injuries is better then howard. You know why. WHo would know best? US or them?

well lets see how many rings they have won in the past 3 decades while the nba had some since of parity. its been the lakers more so then any other team out there. and what was the lakers constant? a BIGMAN. then a guard.

Now ask yourself a question. aside from hakeem. how many non 7 foot centers or superstar PF's have won championships. where the rest of their team isn't a team full of allstars(old boston and new boston 4 out of 5 starters are allstars, 3 are HOFs).

NON. Malone, Chuck B, Hakeem technically isn't 7 feet, so he's the only guy to ever do it. Kemp.

7 Foot legit Centers with Serious skill in comparison to their comp at that position Win championships.

and its not just about the stats. those guys scare people from coming in the paint during crucial moments of crucial games. thats the difference between winning a ship and being a solid playoff team.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject:

GQue24 wrote:

ay kid. understand this. your argument has come and gone before. You watch FLASHY play. you think that will win the ship. if i didnt know better you would tell me Lebron has rings RIGHT?

a love griffin, loved him in college. And he was more then a dunker then. but they didn't utilize his abilities. go find out how people were all during his combine stuff. the guy could dribble WELL. not well for a big. but really DRIBBLE. like LO. Lo dribbles well period. same with griffin. the guys is a 6'10 lebron james with more strength and possibly more of a killer instinct since he was never used as a guard or point forward before until recently.

I love this guys game. but he's no more then a 6'10 charles barkley if you want to be real about it and thats saying a lot. chuck b is one of my favorite players of all time. cause like griffin he could do it ALL. except.......................PLAY DEFENSE.

its the same reason 6'11 darn near 7 foot elden campbell use to give him problems. its the same reason Blake had problems vs 7 foot gasol 7 and change bynum and 6'10 to 6'11 LO.

at the end of the day when all is said and done. YOU CANT TEACH HEIGHT. how many times does this have to be said? how many more ships does a laker center have to win for people to realize. the flash and dash is great for TV, great for putting butts in seats on a losing franchise. but it wont win you rings.

bynum showed you with equal shot attempts, or close to it. he gave you 40 also vs a sorry team. just like griffin just gave you 40 and change vs another sorry team as the #1 option. thats what a Healthy bynum looks like getting a ton of touches.

dont fool yourselves. you cant win a ship if you dont play defense as a big. and blake plays NON. we all know this. Bynum plays more then enough. its been proven the past few games if nothing else.

and for the record. let the lakers sit around and have an off year. best believe i will be rooting for the red head to win a ship. but will it happen? NO. unless all other 7 foot legit bigs are no longer playing in the offs on either side east or west. thats the only way he could win it all.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject:

duncan has 4 rings. kg has 1 and pau ha 2 in recent memory. and b4 you say duncan isnt a pf, yes he is. thats why people say hes in the running for greatest pf of all time. bynum skill level isnt on or close to any of the all time great centers that won rings. so saying "just bc hes a center hes better to build around" is false and untrue.dwight has led his team to the finals. also answer this, Do you honestly believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA with dwight?
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject:

and in that 42point bynum played 14 of his 17 baskets were assisted on. the man plays on a great team. he has the benefit of being created for. blake plays with people who look for their shots 1st pass 2nd.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
duncan has 4 rings. kg has 1 and pau ha 2 in recent memory. and b4 you say duncan isnt a pf, yes he is. thats why people say hes in the running for greatest pf of all time. bynum skill level isnt on or close to any of the all time great centers that won rings. so saying "just bc hes a center hes better to build around" is false and untrue.dwight has led his team to the finals. also answer this, Do you honestly believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA with dwight?

KG doesn't count i just said that. READDDDDDD.

KG is playing with 3 other allstars. you better win. and you do know KG is 7feet right. the guy isn't 6'11 either. he lies about his height to stop from having to play Center. he has said this himself since a few years after his rookie season. thats why he gets ticked when people say he's 7 feet. but again i said he doesn't count like mchale/bird dont. you cant play with 4 allstars and not win. shame on you if you do. lol.

I said any normal looking team with 2 superstars and nice role guys. will win a ship with a Legit Center/7footer.

Duncan is a center playing PF just to be taller then the other PFS. he's not even like gasol. where you can look at gasols body type and see why he shouldn't play center to often. Duncan doesn't have that same thin as rails body type. Duncan is a Center playing PF for the advantage over PF's. there's a reason Duncan seems oh so slow even when he was younger. cause he wasnt supposed to play PF. he's a CENTER> he moves slow like a center.

So i'll say it again. what non 7 foot BIG man outside of Hakeem that has won a ship in the past 30 years, that doesn't belong to a super team of 4 allstars?

the answer is there isn't any.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
and in that 42point bynum played 14 of his 17 baskets were assisted on. the man plays on a great team. he has the benefit of being created for. blake plays with people who look for their shots 1st pass 2nd.
Bdavis is a REAL PG. pay attention.

the clips beat us with gordon and BD having 6 assist per guy. that aint selfish. sounds like you're trying to lie to make a point.

blake is the
#1 option on the TEAM period.

while everyone is praising griffin. gordon is steadly balling. maybe gordon is taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that? maybe Bd's penetration and lobs are taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that?
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

KG is playing with 3 other allstars. you better win. and you do know KG is 7feet right. the guy isn't 6'11 either. he lies about his height to stop from having to play Center. he has said this himself since a few years after his rookie season. thats why he gets ticked when people say he's 7 feet. but again i said he doesn't count like mchale/bird dont. you cant play with 4 allstars and not win. shame on you if you do. lol.

I said any normal looking team with 2 superstars and nice role guys. will win a ship with a Legit Center/7footer.

Duncan is a center playing PF just to be taller then the other PFS. he's not even like gasol. where you can look at gasols body type and see why he shouldn't play center to often. Duncan doesn't have that same thin as rails body type. Duncan is a Center playing PF for the advantage over PF's. there's a reason Duncan seems oh so slow even when he was younger. cause he wasnt supposed to play PF. he's a CENTER> he moves slow like a center.

So i'll say it again. what non 7 foot BIG man outside of Hakeem that has won a ship in the past 30 years, that doesn't belong to a super team of 4 allstars?

you can say what you want but in the end duncan has been playing pf all his career. watch the spurs game. he doesnt hold the centers nor does he play against them the ,ajority of the time. shaq and la vs the spurs. horry or walker or medvedenko held tim, not shaq. same thing with garnett he is a power forward, on every team hes ever played for he has had a big man next to him. all b/c you say something that doesnt make it true. and all this no 7ft man cant win a ring man is b.s. jordan won 6 without a big. kareem won but he had super and all stars as well. you tell me what big 7ft man won a chip by himself. alot if not all the great non 7ft bigs were ringblocked by the jordans bulls, kareems and magics lakers or the celtics. its no sha,e in losing to that kinda talent. the only reason hakeem won two is b/c jordan retired.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

you can say what you want but in the end duncan has been playing pf all his career. watch the spurs game. he doesnt hold the centers nor does he play against them the ,ajority of the time. shaq and la vs the spurs. horry or walker or medvedenko held tim, not shaq. same thing with garnett he is a power forward, on every team hes ever played for he has had a big man next to him. all b/c you say something that doesnt make it true. and all this no 7ft man cant win a ring man is b.s. jordan won 6 without a big. kareem won but he had super and all stars as well. you tell me what big 7ft man won a chip by himself. alot if not all the great non 7ft bigs were ringblocked by the jordans bulls, kareems and magics lakers or the celtics. its no sha,e in losing to that kinda talent. the only reason hakeem won two is b/c jordan retired.
actually shaq would switch on to TIm and Cwebb during crunch time a lot of times. now you go back and watch the games.

and to say gasol. LOLzzz. dude he played next to BYNUM and won twice. the time bynum was a no show. Gasol didn't win squat.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

the clips beat us with gordon and BD having 6 assist per guy. that aint selfish. sounds like you're trying to lie to make a point.

blake is the

while everyone is praising griffin. gordon is steadly balling. maybe gordon is taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that? maybe Bd's penetration and lobs are taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that?
you neglect my point about most of bynums baskets during that career game were assisted on.....the attention gordon and baron get doesnt compare to the attention our superstars get. so if you state they make the game easier for blake, then what the hell does kobe, pau and odom do for bynums game?
Clipper*joe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

blake is the

I'm not trolling but you seem to try and always fit a square peg in a round hole.

Blake doesn't do what he does because he benefits from Gordon or Davis. I'd say Gordon is balling because Griffin is drawing so much attention. Gordon couldn't drive the way he does in his first 2 years.

Read this article just so you know Griffin is putting up numbers that make the bigs feel ashamed and make the wings envy him.

Blake Griffin's numbers revealing
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6036265
Botega2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject:

ff
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

actually shaq would switch on to TIm and Cwebb during crunch time a lot of times. now you go back and watch the games.

and to say gasol. LOLzzz. dude he played next to BYNUM and won twice. the time bynum was a no show. Gasol didn't win squat.
playing on sum1 for 2-3 minutes doesnt negate the fact you didnt hold him for 90% of the series. and bynum was a non factor against the magic, im sorry he was. he was in foul trouble every game. and against the celtics in 08. we HAD NO BACK UP BIGS. turiaf was trash, and so was our whole SF rotation. radmonovich and luke on pierce . with that said that was a bad officiated series, cmon tell me it wasnt.leon powe shot more fts than our team in one game. you talk about the refs more than any1 on this board. stop changing your ways to support bynum. and this chip against the celtics was a killer for us. lkobe pau fisher provided way more for us than bynum.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject:

Clipper*joe wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

blake is the

I'm not trolling but you seem to try and always fit a square peg in a round hole.

Blake doesn't do what he does because he benefits from Gordon or Davis. I'd say Gordon is balling because Griffin is drawing so much attention. Gordon couldn't drive the way he does in his first 2 years.

Read this article just so you know Griffin is putting up numbers that make the bigs feel ashamed and make the wings envy him.

Blake Griffin's numbers revealing
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6036265

YES you're trolling. your name is CLIpper.....
you're trolling.

Why do i need to read some bspn article. i was down for The monster when the guy was in college. i told people about him back then. i dont need an article now.

I will say it again. history repeats itself. unless chris kaman turns into that consistent CENTER i'm talking about. Blake will never win a title without one next to him. UNLESS some fluke happens and everyone they play in the offs has not real center left. thats the only way he could pull it off. YOU CANT TEACH HEIGHT. i dont care how high you can jump. how strong you are. if you run into someone thats 7 feet and thick with decent athleticism where he's getting a ton of touches on offense and he plays defense also. while you're just playing offense. it wont work. you will lose.

Now back to EG vs Blake. EG was never double teamed. still isn't now. he's open because no one cares enough about the clippers to be serious about defending EG> once they do we will find out how good EG is. yes i agree Griff is catching the doubles. but thats always the case for a big that can put the ball in the basket. you dont even have to be a superstar to garner doubles. its a bigmans game if you're good to great. the rim is still only 10 feet high. nothing can change that. thats why everyone goes to double the big thats super close to the basket. rather then double a pretty good player like a gordon or even a granger. let hibbert start balling a little. the double will be on him even though granger may have 25 a night. people dont fear perimeter CHUCKERS if they have a big that can score, as much as they do the big. UNLESS you have an extreme perimeter guy kobe, bron, wade, melo types. and their big isn't very very good but not shaq great.

see put griffin on kobe. they wont double griffin. they will double kobe. and dare griffin to score 70. from time to time they would double up on griffin if he's dunking or laying it up at will. but mostly it will be cp3 ish lob passes to him. so it wont look like he's the one killing you since he doesn't have to make a ton of moves to score.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32
Jump to: