Start a Franchise: Blake Griffin or Andrew Bynum
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
duncan has 4 rings. kg has 1 and pau ha 2 in recent memory. and b4 you say duncan isnt a pf, yes he is. thats why people say hes in the running for greatest pf of all time. bynum skill level isnt on or close to any of the all time great centers that won rings. so saying "just bc hes a center hes better to build around" is false and untrue.dwight has led his team to the finals. also answer this, Do you honestly believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA with dwight?

KG doesn't count i just said that. READDDDDDD.

KG is playing with 3 other allstars. you better win. and you do know KG is 7feet right. the guy isn't 6'11 either. he lies about his height to stop from having to play Center. he has said this himself since a few years after his rookie season. thats why he gets ticked when people say he's 7 feet. but again i said he doesn't count like mchale/bird dont. you cant play with 4 allstars and not win. shame on you if you do. lol.

I said any normal looking team with 2 superstars and nice role guys. will win a ship with a Legit Center/7footer.

Duncan is a center playing PF just to be taller then the other PFS. he's not even like gasol. where you can look at gasols body type and see why he shouldn't play center to often. Duncan doesn't have that same thin as rails body type. Duncan is a Center playing PF for the advantage over PF's. there's a reason Duncan seems oh so slow even when he was younger. cause he wasnt supposed to play PF. he's a CENTER> he moves slow like a center.

So i'll say it again. what non 7 foot BIG man outside of Hakeem that has won a ship in the past 30 years, that doesn't belong to a super team of 4 allstars?

the answer is there isn't any.
you can say what you want but in the end duncan has been playing pf all his career. watch the spurs game. he doesnt hold the centers nor does he play against them the ,ajority of the time. shaq and la vs the spurs. horry or walker or medvedenko held tim, not shaq. same thing with garnett he is a power forward, on every team hes ever played for he has had a big man next to him. all b/c you say something that doesnt make it true. and all this no 7ft man cant win a ring man is b.s. jordan won 6 without a big. kareem won but he had super and all stars as well. you tell me what big 7ft man won a chip by himself. alot if not all the great non 7ft bigs were ringblocked by the jordans bulls, kareems and magics lakers or the celtics. its no sha,e in losing to that kinda talent. the only reason hakeem won two is b/c jordan retired.
actually shaq would switch on to TIm and Cwebb during crunch time a lot of times. now you go back and watch the games.

and to say gasol. LOLzzz. dude he played next to BYNUM and won twice. the time bynum was a no show. Gasol didn't win squat.
playing on sum1 for 2-3 minutes doesnt negate the fact you didnt hold him for 90% of the series. and bynum was a non factor against the magic, im sorry he was. he was in foul trouble every game. and against the celtics in 08. we HAD NO BACK UP BIGS. turiaf was trash, and so was our whole SF rotation. radmonovich and luke on pierce . with that said that was a bad officiated series, cmon tell me it wasnt.leon powe shot more fts than our team in one game. you talk about the refs more than any1 on this board. stop changing your ways to support bynum. and this chip against the celtics was a killer for us. lkobe pau fisher provided way more for us than bynum.
LOL> go ahead and make your own stuff up. with bynum in the lineup in the finals we're 2-0. without him we're 0-1. thats all we know. thats all gasol knows.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Clipper*joe wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
and in that 42point bynum played 14 of his 17 baskets were assisted on. the man plays on a great team. he has the benefit of being created for. blake plays with people who look for their shots 1st pass 2nd.
Bdavis is a REAL PG. pay attention.

the clips beat us with gordon and BD having 6 assist per guy. that aint selfish. sounds like you're trying to lie to make a point.

blake is the
#1 option on the TEAM period.

while everyone is praising griffin. gordon is steadly balling. maybe gordon is taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that? maybe Bd's penetration and lobs are taking pressure from griffin. ever thought of that?

I'm not trolling but you seem to try and always fit a square peg in a round hole.

Blake doesn't do what he does because he benefits from Gordon or Davis. I'd say Gordon is balling because Griffin is drawing so much attention. Gordon couldn't drive the way he does in his first 2 years.

Read this article just so you know Griffin is putting up numbers that make the bigs feel ashamed and make the wings envy him.

Blake Griffin's numbers revealing
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6036265

YES you're trolling. your name is CLIpper.....
you're trolling.

Why do i need to read some bspn article. i was down for The monster when the guy was in college. i told people about him back then. i dont need an article now.

I will say it again. history repeats itself. unless chris kaman turns into that consistent CENTER i'm talking about. Blake will never win a title without one next to him. UNLESS some fluke happens and everyone they play in the offs has not real center left. thats the only way he could pull it off. YOU CANT TEACH HEIGHT. i dont care how high you can jump. how strong you are. if you run into someone thats 7 feet and thick with decent athleticism where he's getting a ton of touches on offense and he plays defense also. while you're just playing offense. it wont work. you will lose.

Now back to EG vs Blake. EG was never double teamed. still isn't now. he's open because no one cares enough about the clippers to be serious about defending EG> once they do we will find out how good EG is. yes i agree Griff is catching the doubles. but thats always the case for a big that can put the ball in the basket. you dont even have to be a superstar to garner doubles. its a bigmans game if you're good to great. the rim is still only 10 feet high. nothing can change that. thats why everyone goes to double the big thats super close to the basket. rather then double a pretty good player like a gordon or even a granger. let hibbert start balling a little. the double will be on him even though granger may have 25 a night. people dont fear perimeter CHUCKERS if they have a big that can score, as much as they do the big. UNLESS you have an extreme perimeter guy kobe, bron, wade, melo types. and their big isn't very very good but not shaq great.

see put griffin on kobe. they wont double griffin. they will double kobe. and dare griffin to score 70. from time to time they would double up on griffin if he's dunking or laying it up at will. but mostly it will be cp3 ish lob passes to him. so it wont look like he's the one killing you since he doesn't have to make a ton of moves to score.
the man comes to the board with an article specifically talking about this debate and this NBA SEASON and you dismiss it bcuz you knew about blake in college and his screenname..smh. from his post he seems like a respectful poster and you just throw out the patented "your not a laker fan, so you must be trolling" idk about some of yall on this board
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
duncan has 4 rings. kg has 1 and pau ha 2 in recent memory. and b4 you say duncan isnt a pf, yes he is. thats why people say hes in the running for greatest pf of all time. bynum skill level isnt on or close to any of the all time great centers that won rings. so saying "just bc hes a center hes better to build around" is false and untrue.dwight has led his team to the finals. also answer this, Do you honestly believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA with dwight?

KG is playing with 3 other allstars. you better win. and you do know KG is 7feet right. the guy isn't 6'11 either. he lies about his height to stop from having to play Center. he has said this himself since a few years after his rookie season. thats why he gets ticked when people say he's 7 feet. but again i said he doesn't count like mchale/bird dont. you cant play with 4 allstars and not win. shame on you if you do. lol.

I said any normal looking team with 2 superstars and nice role guys. will win a ship with a Legit Center/7footer.

Duncan is a center playing PF just to be taller then the other PFS. he's not even like gasol. where you can look at gasols body type and see why he shouldn't play center to often. Duncan doesn't have that same thin as rails body type. Duncan is a Center playing PF for the advantage over PF's. there's a reason Duncan seems oh so slow even when he was younger. cause he wasnt supposed to play PF. he's a CENTER> he moves slow like a center.

So i'll say it again. what non 7 foot BIG man outside of Hakeem that has won a ship in the past 30 years, that doesn't belong to a super team of 4 allstars?

you can say what you want but in the end duncan has been playing pf all his career. watch the spurs game. he doesnt hold the centers nor does he play against them the ,ajority of the time. shaq and la vs the spurs. horry or walker or medvedenko held tim, not shaq. same thing with garnett he is a power forward, on every team hes ever played for he has had a big man next to him. all b/c you say something that doesnt make it true. and all this no 7ft man cant win a ring man is b.s. jordan won 6 without a big. kareem won but he had super and all stars as well. you tell me what big 7ft man won a chip by himself. alot if not all the great non 7ft bigs were ringblocked by the jordans bulls, kareems and magics lakers or the celtics. its no sha,e in losing to that kinda talent. the only reason hakeem won two is b/c jordan retired.
actually shaq would switch on to TIm and Cwebb during crunch time a lot of times. now you go back and watch the games.

and to say gasol. LOLzzz. dude he played next to BYNUM and won twice. the time bynum was a no show. Gasol didn't win squat.
playing on sum1 for 2-3 minutes doesnt negate the fact you didnt hold him for 90% of the series. and bynum was a non factor against the magic, im sorry he was. he was in foul trouble every game. and against the celtics in 08. we HAD NO BACK UP BIGS. turiaf was trash, and so was our whole SF rotation. radmonovich and luke on pierce . with that said that was a bad officiated series, cmon tell me it wasnt.leon powe shot more fts than our team in one game. you talk about the refs more than any1 on this board. stop changing your ways to support bynum. and this chip against the celtics was a killer for us. lkobe pau fisher provided way more for us than bynum.
LOL> go ahead and make your own stuff up. with bynum in the lineup in the finals we're 2-0. without him we're 0-1. thats all we know. thats all gasol knows.
please bold what i made up? Please do it. without shannon brown we are 0-1.2-0 with him, thats all kobe knows... without home court advantage we are 2-1. against the celtics it came to the point where we had to play chris mihm.....and he passed away in the beg. of the 2008 season
Botega2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I would easily select blake that does not take anything from Bynum. However, blake appears to have alot more physical and mental durability than bynum in just his 1st year in the league. I have seen bynum many times take plays off sulkn, not appear as driven, and just stand like some unassuming kid with his knock knees. All this anchoring of defense bs needs to stop he is not even in howards league defensively or some of the all time greats. Blake plays with a tenacity that is rare for someone his age he measured at just 6.8.5 at the combine barefoot and bynum measured at a shade over 7ft and it has been reported he is has grown since then. That is almost 4-5 inch difference in that case his rebounds or rebounding rate should be alot higher than anyone in the league. Can u imagine if blake was a legit 6.10? Anchor the defense my ass, bynum is part of the front line that over the last two seasons has allowed the nazr mohammed, kevin love, & grab 20 boards agianst us. The thing about bynum is at no stretch has he displayed what blake is showing us. Most of all i don't think bynum even in his 6yrs in the league to carry an offense & defense like howard does despite havin a more refined post game. Even with those moves he sometimes looks slow and unathletic trying to get his shots of against guys he compare to him in size. Look at the thunder game him and gasol struggling to establish postion agians a midget frontline. They get outhustled on some occasions by a 6.9 collison. Just look at who blake trained with the summer before his sophomor year. It is reported some nba players could not even last through those workouts save for a few days and in some cases a few hours. The kid put his body through hell. Now you may say well they both have been injured let me ask you this in college did it ever look like blake injured himself based on his performance? He broke his kneecap and cosidering he has to take a year of when he has not played one nba game establish a rythm, adjust to the nba game, adjust to the improved physical level of the nba. He has hit the ground running establishing himself as an allstar, runaway rookie of the year, and injected life into a pitiful franchise. When bynum gets injured look how slow he looks coming back and how long it takes him to reestablish himself. There is no comparison.

In summatin all that stuff about having a true center wins chips is true but with the exception of hakeem the elite centers & power forwards have all played with elite guards/forwards. Not just elite but greatest of all time players like magic, bird, kobe, wade, isiah. They go hand in hand people.
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject:

also post since dwight is not as good as bynum,since hes not a legit 7ft, has less post moves yada yada yada. i raise this question to you again. Do you believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA in the finals with dwight?
GQue24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Post n Pivot

I would tell you the only constant for LAkers over every other team in past decade and counting was Kobe not SHaq! Shaq was there and no rings! Shaq went to NBA Finals without Kobe and 0 Rings. It wasnt until Kobe a boy came and got Shaq over the hump. Was the duo 1 of the best ever or the greatest ever? Yes but because of Kobe first!

Shaq's ring with Wade was a ring by default. Stern & refs giving MIA a title because Cuban went cr8z and lost his mind and gave Stern and his guests at NBA Finals game the BIRD and went on a cussing rant because his team was cheated after it went up 3-1 in series. Plus Wade another top 25 greatest players ever was there doing all the work for Shaq while he rode coattails.

Other team to win Spurs = Duncan was a force for Ring 1 & Ring 2. By Ring 3 and Ring 4 Toney & Ginobli were the main cogs in the Championship system. Its not about bigs in 2000s NBA. Its about Gr8 Guard play!

No LBJ has 0 Rings. If he were a Laker instead of lets just say LO & artest then he would be a champion playing alongside Kobe!

Barkley is one of the most overrated players of ALL TIME. MJ said it and so did Pippen. Barkleys mentality was never that of a true competitor / winner. He was just happy being in the NBA and being rich. Dont compare Griff to BArkley unless 7 years from now he fades away and becomes a fat out of shape player with all the talent in the world but no work ethic to be great!

When has Bynum scored 40 pts in a game on any level let alone NBA?

No players currently on the Clips will win or be in contention to win a Title in a clips uniform. They are loser and always will be as long as Sterling is in charge. If Griffin remains healthy, as soon as he is able to leave Clips he better and try to make a move to a contender. Its easy to say he wont win a TItle with a loser like Clips. Just like its easy to overvalue or overrate Bynums worth to Lakers team with Kobe, PAu, & LO on it. If Griffin was Lakers instead of Bynum Lakers would win Title very easily.

Hell if Jordan was the C, instead of Bynum LA would win the Title as well.

"I'M NEVER WRONG, I'M ALWAYS RIGHT LIKE FREEWAY EXITS!!"
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject:

GQue24 wrote:
Post n Pivot

I would tell you the only constant for LAkers over every other team in past decade and counting was Kobe not SHaq! Shaq was there and no rings! Shaq went to NBA Finals without Kobe and 0 Rings. It wasnt until Kobe a boy came and got Shaq over the hump. Was the duo 1 of the best ever or the greatest ever? Yes but because of Kobe first!

Shaq's ring with Wade was a ring by default. Stern & refs giving MIA a title because Cuban went cr8z and lost his mind and gave Stern and his guests at NBA Finals game the BIRD and went on a cussing rant because his team was cheated after it went up 3-1 in series. Plus Wade another top 25 greatest players ever was there doing all the work for Shaq while he rode coattails.

Other team to win Spurs = Duncan was a force for Ring 1 & Ring 2. By Ring 3 and Ring 4 Toney & Ginobli were the main cogs in the Championship system. Its not about bigs in 2000s NBA. Its about Gr8 Guard play!

No LBJ has 0 Rings. If he were a Laker instead of lets just say LO & artest then he would be a champion playing alongside Kobe!

Barkley is one of the most overrated players of ALL TIME. MJ said it and so did Pippen. Barkleys mentality was never that of a true competitor / winner. He was just happy being in the NBA and being rich. Dont compare Griff to BArkley unless 7 years from now he fades away and becomes a fat out of shape player with all the talent in the world but no work ethic to be great!

No players currently on the Clips will win or be in contention to win a Title in a clips uniform. They are loser and always will be as long as Sterling is in charge. If Griffin remains healthy, as soon as he is able to leave Clips he better and try to make a move to a contender. Its easy to say he wont win a TItle with a loser like Clips. Just like its easy to overvalue or overrate Bynums worth to Lakers team with Kobe, PAu, & LO on it. If Griffin was Lakers instead of Bynum Lakers would win Title very easily.

bynums score 40 against the clips lol but as i stated b4 14 of his 17 baskets were DIRECTLY assisted on
Botega2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
also post since dwight is not as good as bynum,since hes not a legit 7ft, has less post moves yada yada yada. i raise this question to you again. Do you believe if you replace bynum with dwight on the 09 magic, they get through cleveland and boston or better yet beat LA in the finals with dwight?

Let me answer hell no. Dwight took down the almighty king james in one his best peformance ever 38-8-8 including 41 pts in the closing game and destroyed big z. Not to mentione the leadership he provided offensively and defensively lebron had to dble on howard cause he was just to physical for the cavs. I have never seen bynum dominate with his size like that hell last christmas game shaq made him look like a lil ......! In fact when you think about it howard is as accomplished from as lebron from a big man perspective. Each leading up the finals his team got better and improved and at a tender age of 24 won more games that shaq or lebron in the finals at that age. Not to mention back to back rebounding titles and defensive player of the year awards. Lebron stats may look more sexy cause of course he is a perimeter player. I am not saying bynum can never do such things but it is all in between the ears. Howard on this team will get more rebounds and blocks with all the misses and penetration our guards allow. Watch his lateral quickness and how he covers ground so quickly much superior to bynum. Most of all with guys like bynum and griffin you dont need to fancy left handed hook shots and fadeaways they make the offense simple and easy to run for a guard. Watch how they explode to the rim of a pick & roll almost no one will get in their way for fear of being in a poster or get in foul trouble. Amare specializes in this. While bynum despite his size will get blocked or go up softly. He is not aggressive under the rim howard/blake/amare just explode better and carry whoever is on them with and smashes them. To me the whole bynum has a better post game is overrated. Howard just has a rep for being more of a dunker. Watch him of some of his highlights you will see running hook shots with either hand, post up face go left/right and spin back gracefully on bank a shot in, etc. I dont see anything in bynums post game that is so superior. Alot of times with his size he cannot back guys down consistently or establish position. At 7.2 when he goes up he lookst totally stretched out and not that far above the rim. The main difference between howard and bynum is even as a number one option howard will often get less than 10shots a game while jameer, carter & lewis jack up threes. Those he sulk or become disinterested like bynum or gasol no he will get to the foul line 10times finish with 16-20 boards and 5-7 blocks. That aspect of the game is second nature to him that is why he will be an even better fit with the lakers in place
dhemmati
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

You really just keep making the stupidest double standards. Look at the minutes Bynum played in the 2 finals. He made the smallest contributions.
revgen
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:

dhemmati wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

You really just keep making the stupidest double standards. Look at the minutes Bynum played in the 2 finals. He made the smallest contributions.

Did you watch Pau struggle this season with bigger physical centers? Darko. Hibbert. Etc, Etc, Etc

Every minute that Bynum plays at center is one less minute that Gasol doesn't have to play center. That's not a small contribution. Pau only matched up against Dwight for 26 minutes a game in the Finals, while Dwight averaged 42 minutes a game. That's a significant difference.
Lowest Merion
Retired

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject:

adtz wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:

Clips are 7-3 in their last 10 and 10-4 in their last 14. Clearly, they started terribly, but they've turned it around. Though their February schedule is brutal.

Griffin's averaging 22.5ppg, 12.8rpg, 3.4apg and 52.5FG% on the year. And he's only getting better. Griffin averaged only 20.9 points and 11.7 boards in November. In the last thirty days, he's averaged 26.8ppg, 13.9rpg, 3.9apg, and 55.6FG%. That is crazy.

The last player, not just rookie, to have a game of at least 47 and 14 was KG in 2005.

Again, did it matter much?? john wall did a triple double within just 5 games, if not wrong it ties some record right? and last season jenning score 55 points, i believe it also near some records too. And not to said love, who get a 30/30 and last to be done is at 80s. But what does it prove?? apart from jennings buck whose manage to get into playoff, the rest show that it just easy to get this number in a weak teams. That why i don't like numbers, and it alway unfair to compare player using number.

Rookies getting triple doubles isn’t all that rare. Both Tyreke Evans and Steph Curry had triple doubles last year. Love’s 30/30 was impressive. What does it prove? He had a monster night. Same goes for Brandon Jennings. Griffin's been more consistent than Jennings, both in the monster game department, and throughout the season. Griffin went for 47-14 over the weekend. He went for 44-15 against the Knicks earlier in the year. I’m not predicting Griffin will have another similarly huge game this year, but I wouldn’t bet against it. And the Bucks were the sixth seed last year. That one win attributable to Jennings' 55 wasn’t the difference from the Bucks qualifying for the playoffs or not.

People compare players using the numbers quite frequently, whether one thinks it’s unfair or not. And the Clippers aren’t a bad team now. They’re playing pretty well, actually. Again, won 10 of their last 14. Beat the Lakers, Spurs, and Heat. I’m not going to penalize Griffin because Baron Davis showed up to camp out of shape, got hurt, and didn’t really start producing until the end of 2010.

Here’s how Griffin’s rookie numbers stack up against what a lot of people would consider to be the best 3 power forwards in the last 25 years or so, and possibly in the history of the league. These are the respective players’ rookie stats, with the exception of KG, who got drafted out of high school. I’ll use his third year numbers, when he was 21, in an attempt to eliminate age bias. Duncan was 21 years old his rookie year, as is Griffin; Malone was 22. I’m including Duncan as a PF because that’s the position he played his rookie year.

Duncan: 21.1ppg. 54.9FG%. 11.9rpg. 2.7apg. 2.5blks. 3.4tov.
Garnett: 18.5ppg. 49.1FG%. 9.6rpg. 4.2apg. 1.8blks. 2.7tov.
Malone: 14.9ppg. 49.6FG%. 8.9rpg. 2.9apg. .5blcks. 3.6tov.
Griffin: 22.5ppg. 52.5FG%. 12.8rpg. 3.4apg. .7blks. 2.7tov.

Griffin is obviously in some good company. Malone’s in the HoF, and Duncan and Garnett will be. I’m not predicting Griffin will make the HoF, because that would be stupid, but he’s putting up tremendous numbers for a rookie.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject:

GQue24 wrote:

In fairness to Blake he was nothing more then a dunker in College.

Now after missing an entire year due to injury he is a bonifide beast. If that stat is honestly true about Bynums total assits in 6 years and counting vs Blakes in just half a year and counting = Then you PRo Bynum guys have got to give it up claiming BYnum is better option to start a season.

Some1 needs to check Bynums overall number of dunks made as well in his 5 and half seasons and counting vs Blakes half a year and counting.

If by end of season Griffin is close or better overall in 1 year then Bynum in 6 years do we even need to ask this question or debate it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm impressed with Griffin. But there's a reason players who handle the ball and put it on the floor as a rule end up with more assists than those who spot up, post up, or are fed off cuts. Blake has a lot of SF skills (aside from a jumper), and puts it on the floor a lot. Thus he has a lot more passing opportunities in general. If it helps, I think he's a better natural passer than Bynum. I was mostly pointing out the flaw in the argument that Bynum is a bad passer. He's pretty average for his role, and he's gotten better, and likely will continue to do so.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
adtz wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:

Clips are 7-3 in their last 10 and 10-4 in their last 14. Clearly, they started terribly, but they've turned it around. Though their February schedule is brutal.

Griffin's averaging 22.5ppg, 12.8rpg, 3.4apg and 52.5FG% on the year. And he's only getting better. Griffin averaged only 20.9 points and 11.7 boards in November. In the last thirty days, he's averaged 26.8ppg, 13.9rpg, 3.9apg, and 55.6FG%. That is crazy.

The last player, not just rookie, to have a game of at least 47 and 14 was KG in 2005.

Again, did it matter much?? john wall did a triple double within just 5 games, if not wrong it ties some record right? and last season jenning score 55 points, i believe it also near some records too. And not to said love, who get a 30/30 and last to be done is at 80s. But what does it prove?? apart from jennings buck whose manage to get into playoff, the rest show that it just easy to get this number in a weak teams. That why i don't like numbers, and it alway unfair to compare player using number.

Rookies getting triple doubles isn’t all that rare. Both Tyreke Evans and Steph Curry had triple doubles last year. Love’s 30/30 was impressive. What does it prove? He had a monster night. Same goes for Brandon Jennings. Griffin's been more consistent than Jennings, both in the monster game department, and throughout the season. Griffin went for 47-14 over the weekend. He went for 44-15 against the Knicks earlier in the year. I’m not predicting Griffin will have another similarly huge game this year, but I wouldn’t bet against it. And the Bucks were the sixth seed last year. That one win attributable to Jennings' 55 wasn’t the difference from the Bucks qualifying for the playoffs or not.

People compare players using the numbers quite frequently, whether one thinks it’s unfair or not. And the Clippers aren’t a bad team now. They’re playing pretty well, actually. Again, won 10 of their last 14. Beat the Lakers, Spurs, and Heat. I’m not going to penalize Griffin because Baron Davis showed up to camp out of shape, got hurt, and didn’t really start producing until the end of 2010.

Here’s how Griffin’s rookie numbers stack up against what a lot of people would consider to be the best 3 power forwards in the last 25 years or so, and possibly in the history of the league. These are the respective players’ rookie stats, with the exception of KG, who got drafted out of high school. I’ll use his third year numbers, when he was 21, in an attempt to eliminate age bias. Duncan was 21 years old his rookie year, as is Griffin; Malone was 22. I’m including Duncan as a PF because that’s the position he played his rookie year.

Griffin is obviously in some good company. Malone’s in the HoF, and Duncan and Garnett will be. I’m not predicting Griffin will make the HoF, because that would be stupid, but he’s putting up tremendous numbers for a rookie.

To add to this, normally the top rookies are on bad teams obviously. Bad teams get the higher draft picks. Its pretty rare to find a contending team with a top rookie unless via trade etc. Spurs got really lucky with Robinson out and they got Duncan.

If a player is good and not declining in age, they can maintain solid numbers where ever they go. Pau maintain his numbers on the Lakers. Lebron, Bosh maintain their numbers.

I understand that adtz meant good teams = multiple good players so less touches. Answer is it depends. But they play against the same NBA teams as other teams do. Its not like they're getting those numbers against the D League.
adtz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Lowest Merion wrote:
adtz wrote:
Lowest Merion wrote:

Yes, i do said before, this number is impressive, but again so what?? He did not bring any impact in term of winning % at all. all those HOF you mention not only produce impressive number in his rookie season, and at the same time increase the team winning %, or at least maintain a winning % that is good enough to enter playoff.

And so do blake G impact to the team?? same if not worst then last season!!!

But still one thing i will agree is, a player must be good enough to produce numbers, even with a weak teams, as this mean the player is really something good. It just that i will not purely see number and make judgement, worst still when the season is yet to over. Judge him when season is end, and this number will at least much fairly compare to other HOF player you mention when they did it for 70-80+ games to get this number and not just 40+ game past.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject:

dhemmati wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

You may argue that bynum at time made the "smallest" contributions, but we can argue that it the "smallest" contribution that help make the difference. Without the 10+minutes, pau might get foul out, or too tired not only for the increase minutes, he had to guard a tougher opponent C then just opponent PF.
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:25 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
GQue24 wrote:
Post n Pivot

bynums score 40 against the clips lol but as i stated b4 14 of his 17 baskets were DIRECTLY assisted on
It not a bad thing afterall, as that mean your positioning is good so that your teammates can DIRECTLY assist you!!!!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject:

kingbeezi wrote:
acadia11 wrote:
chipotleattack wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Ode to Triple Ocho wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
However, Blake put up 44 earlier, 47 today, AND is averaging 22-13 through half the season. Drew has not come near those numbers for any significant amount of time.

The fact of the matter is, Bynum would be putting up close to those numbers if he was on the Clippers instead of Griffin. To claim otherwise, would be ignoring Bynum's production when he gets the amount touches and minutes griffin sees on a desperate franchise.

cirehawk wrote:

What's so terrible about his/her reasoning? It's based on actual facts, not a bunch of if's (IF Drew got more shots or IF Blake played with Kobe). Pau seems to get his fair share of shots. If Drew were so great, he'd be the #2 option over Pau and would be getting more shots. Since he isn't, I'd argue that yours is the reasoning that's terrible.

A Blake Griffin in his early 20s would be the third option on the Lakers as long as Phil Jackson is coaching.

Again, acting like Bynum isn't capable of dropping 40 or 20/10 as teh center piece of a lottery team is just pure ignorance.

Those are fantasy numbers pure and simple.
Drew has never demonstrated he can come close to those numbers on a consistent basis. Blake Griffin on the other hand has. I'm sure a lot of Laker fans had high hopes for Drew to become a superstar but as the seasons wore on and reality set in, most of us have realized the fact that is he a injury prone, highly capable role player, but not a superstar like we had hoped for.

This is pretty much the truth summed up. I like Bynum a lot. He contributed in many ways when we won back to backs but its not even close when it comes to whether or not you start a franchise with Griffin or even D12. Us even having the conversation is pretty outlandish. Griffin and Howard are bona fide franchise players while Bynum is a very good role player on a team.

+1

Bynum will never come close to becoming the Lakers' franchise player. If he were on the Clippers, he wouldn't put up those same numbers either way. Gordon is a dynamic scoring machine, just like Kobe and the offense runs through either him or Baron Davis. They go to Griffin a lot because he can make his own shot, but Bynum can't. If he doesn't have perfect position in the low post, all he can do is throw it out or chuck up a shot.

Griffin will be a star in this league for years to come and with the right talent, lead his team to a championship because he has the right mindset and doesn't care about stats one bit. He only cares about winning. The Clippers are on a roll right now and have won something like 10 out of their last 14 against some quality opponents.

Sorry, but Bynum doesn't have the heart to be a franchise player or even a 2nd option. He just yells at the refs when he gets angry, a bad habit that he learned from Kobe. He doesn't have the fire to play through and dominate when he needs to.

Did you just say a guy who is 7'2" tall with a 7'7" wing span can't make his own shot, are you a freaking moron? Even if he didn't know how to play basketball he could create his own shot, he doesn't need to dribble, drive, or anything his sheer size gives him a shot. It's like playing a pick up game just throw it in to the tall guy.
just bc sum1 is tall that doesnt mean they can create their own shot...sean bradley, mutumbo,big z. all tall ppl arent good at making their own shot.

Of course just because someone is tall means they are good at making their own shot. maybe they are not good at making their own shot off the drive, but they don't have 2 because they are tall, they simply can shoot over a defender, I think you confuse what it means to make your own shot. Why do you think they tell big men not to put the ball on the ground because, they are so tall they don't need to , in order to creat their own shot. This still goes down as the dumbest statement I've heard, I presume you know very little about basketball. Of course, if they are tall they can create their own shot just because they are tall.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Black Griffin entertains me
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Im convinced that all of the Bynum>>>Blake posters are just trolling level headed B-ball fans....especially PnP. Anyone who argues with him fails to realize that theyre being trolled and baited into a ridiculous argument for the sake of his enjoyment. Thats the only reason why he says things like "Bynum couldve gotten the jazz pass the bulls"
kingbeezi
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject:

acadia11 wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
acadia11 wrote:
chipotleattack wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Ode to Triple Ocho wrote:
cirehawk wrote:
However, Blake put up 44 earlier, 47 today, AND is averaging 22-13 through half the season. Drew has not come near those numbers for any significant amount of time.

The fact of the matter is, Bynum would be putting up close to those numbers if he was on the Clippers instead of Griffin. To claim otherwise, would be ignoring Bynum's production when he gets the amount touches and minutes griffin sees on a desperate franchise.

cirehawk wrote:

What's so terrible about his/her reasoning? It's based on actual facts, not a bunch of if's (IF Drew got more shots or IF Blake played with Kobe). Pau seems to get his fair share of shots. If Drew were so great, he'd be the #2 option over Pau and would be getting more shots. Since he isn't, I'd argue that yours is the reasoning that's terrible.

A Blake Griffin in his early 20s would be the third option on the Lakers as long as Phil Jackson is coaching.

Again, acting like Bynum isn't capable of dropping 40 or 20/10 as teh center piece of a lottery team is just pure ignorance.

Those are fantasy numbers pure and simple.
Drew has never demonstrated he can come close to those numbers on a consistent basis. Blake Griffin on the other hand has. I'm sure a lot of Laker fans had high hopes for Drew to become a superstar but as the seasons wore on and reality set in, most of us have realized the fact that is he a injury prone, highly capable role player, but not a superstar like we had hoped for.

This is pretty much the truth summed up. I like Bynum a lot. He contributed in many ways when we won back to backs but its not even close when it comes to whether or not you start a franchise with Griffin or even D12. Us even having the conversation is pretty outlandish. Griffin and Howard are bona fide franchise players while Bynum is a very good role player on a team.

+1

Bynum will never come close to becoming the Lakers' franchise player. If he were on the Clippers, he wouldn't put up those same numbers either way. Gordon is a dynamic scoring machine, just like Kobe and the offense runs through either him or Baron Davis. They go to Griffin a lot because he can make his own shot, but Bynum can't. If he doesn't have perfect position in the low post, all he can do is throw it out or chuck up a shot.

Griffin will be a star in this league for years to come and with the right talent, lead his team to a championship because he has the right mindset and doesn't care about stats one bit. He only cares about winning. The Clippers are on a roll right now and have won something like 10 out of their last 14 against some quality opponents.

Sorry, but Bynum doesn't have the heart to be a franchise player or even a 2nd option. He just yells at the refs when he gets angry, a bad habit that he learned from Kobe. He doesn't have the fire to play through and dominate when he needs to.

Did you just say a guy who is 7'2" tall with a 7'7" wing span can't make his own shot, are you a freaking moron? Even if he didn't know how to play basketball he could create his own shot, he doesn't need to dribble, drive, or anything his sheer size gives him a shot. It's like playing a pick up game just throw it in to the tall guy.
just bc sum1 is tall that doesnt mean they can create their own shot...sean bradley, mutumbo,big z. all tall ppl arent good at making their own shot.

Of course just because someone is tall means they are good at making their own shot. maybe they are not good at making their own shot off the drive, but they don't have 2 because they are tall, they simply can shoot over a defender, I think you confuse what it means to make your own shot. Why do you think they tell big men not to put the ball on the ground because, they are so tall they don't need to , in order to creat their own shot. This still goes down as the dumbest statement I've heard, I presume you know very little about basketball. Of course, if they are tall they can create their own shot just because they are tall.
there is more to scoring in the pain than heigh. theres positoning, footwork,strength,touch. so lemme get this right, all tall ppl can create their own shot in ball?, u sir dont know jack. i gave u an example of sean bradley, he was 7 6 and was (bleep) at scoring . mutombo, too. u attack my post w.o giving any proof of your point.if ALL tall ppl are good at making baskets , y arent there more dominant bigs in the league?and considering youd take bynum over blake shows me where your mind is.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Botega2 wrote:
I would easily select blake that does not take anything from Bynum. However, blake appears to have alot more physical and mental durability than bynum in just his 1st year in the league. I have seen bynum many times take plays off sulkn, not appear as driven, and just stand like some unassuming kid with his knock knees.

Which brings up a great point that I haven't seen mentioned yet. If you are picking solely on attitude and mentality and completely leaving out potential, stats, and measurables than Blake Griffin wins in a land slide.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:
postandpivot wrote:
kingbeezi wrote:

Of course Gasol didn't win squat. The Lakers were missing their 3rd/4th best player. Nobody in the league could win a title without their 3rd/4th best player. Name one team that could do it. Just name one.
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
Im convinced that all of the Bynum>>>Blake posters are just trolling level headed B-ball fans....especially PnP. Anyone who argues with him fails to realize that theyre being trolled and baited into a ridiculous argument for the sake of his enjoyment. Thats the only reason why he says things like "Bynum couldve gotten the jazz pass the bulls"
You do realize the bulls barely beat the jazz right? LOL go do your homework first.
KB824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Griffin raining 3's now! Wow. I switched the channel to Clippers now. I hate the non-passionate Lakers. It is getting real old that they are so passionless besides Kobe. Griffin is playing well though did he really have 15 points in 1 quarter! Damn!
lafan4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject:

this is one of those threads that will be worth bumping 5 years from now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32
Jump to: