Bynum Now Has a Go-To Move

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Bynum Now Has a Go-To Move

He seems to like to post on the left block (although he is good on either one). He backs his man down and seals him. Then he calls for the ball. He dips that left shoulder to create some space. Right hand hook bank shot. 2 pts. Check revgen's vid at 2:50 mark. He is doing this on Okafor who is a pretty strong dude. Notice how he posts, kicks it out, then repost in a deeper position before he makes his move in traffic. I counted 4 Hornets in the paint and he still scored: revgen vid

Now he has a variety of moves he can go to, but I think his go-to move he is executing is his right hand hook shot off the glass. In the playoffs when the game is tight I trust that he can get that shot off against any big with his 7'6" wingspan of his.
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject:

I notice that he almost automatically gets a guard attached to him when he starts to dribble. In another month, he will get the full on doubleteam.

And that is how we will destroy other teams because someone is going to be WIDE open. Like Ron Artest Wide open. Like Ron Ron could eat some breakfast before anyone comes out to guard him open.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
TDG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject:

Why do people find this whole go to move thing so important. Pau is a great player and as far as i can tell he has no go to move. Either way he hasnt done a single move often enough to be considered a go to move
Laker_Behemoth
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject:

TDG wrote:
Why do people find this whole go to move thing so important. Pau is a great player and as far as i can tell he has no go to move. Either way he hasnt done a single move often enough to be considered a go to move

All of Pau's moves are go-to moves. He has the most developed post arsenal the NBA has seen in a while.
"After watching Bryant and Cooper go at it for about 10 minutes West stood up, nodded at two team public-relations men he'd brought with him, and snapped, 'That's it, let's get out of here, I've seen enough. He's better than anyone on our team.'"
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject:

The second best thing about what Bynum has proven he can do with the ball now is having Phil Jackson around the prepare responses to what defenders will do to Bynum next.

Jackson's use of Fisher, Barnes, Artest and Bryant down low in the Laker defense (to double and trouble interior players) proves PJ knows how post scorers can be slowed - or stopped.

Applied the other way, PJ will know how to train Bynum to pass out quickly or reverse direction, that is - if Kareem didn't already do the instruction. When it's second nature for AB, watch out ! This type of threat from a second post player is a difference-maker.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject:

Laker_Behemoth wrote:
TDG wrote:

All of Pau's moves are go-to moves. He has the most developed post arsenal the NBA has seen in a while.

Pau's extremely developed as an offensive player, on both sides of the hoop (L & R) and he uses either hand too. His arsenal is not like Kareem's sky-hook (a renown single go-to move), but it's more in the style of Kevin McHale, whose size, length and degree of creativity around the hoop made him a frightening guy to guard inside. As said earlier, Pau's entire set of moves, taken together, is a go-to move of the highest order.
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
Laker_Behemoth wrote:
TDG wrote:

Pau's extremely developed as an offensive player, on both sides of the hoop (L & R) and he uses either hand too. His arsenal is not like Kareem's sky-hook (a renown single go-to move), but it's more in the style of Kevin McHale, whose size, length and degree of creativity around the hoop made him a frightening guy to guard inside. As said earlier, Pau's entire set of moves, taken together, is a go-to move of the highest order.

When a player is as skilled on the offensive end as Pau is they don't really need a go to move, he's got plenty of moves, a decent J that has range, and he can finish with either hand, he really is quite the complete player on offense.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
El Daddy702
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject:

I love the fact he's using the Glass on his jump hook now. Usually he'd just try to shoot it directly into the hoop, but now that he's using the glass, his percentage of making it has gone way up. He has great touch, so that shot should be money for him.

Drzucchini wrote:
Either something happens or something doesn't? Damn. Bold claim.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject:

El Daddy702 wrote:
I love the fact he's using the Glass on his jump hook now. Usually he'd just try to shoot it directly into the hoop, but now that he's using the glass, his percentage of making it has gone way up. He has great touch, so that shot should be money for him.

Fisher being an idiot
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: