PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:

Isn't it weird to see Varys all of the sudden with Danaerys when they haven't even had a scene together and she presumably hated him until maybe when Tyrion suggested he helped her?

The Hand of the Queen vouched for him.

If she can't trust him on personnel decisions then what good is Tyrion for?

No, I get that, but it just feels off since we never had that moment where it showed her accepting and trusting Varys.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I need a fact checker here.

I understand Jon is Daenerys nephew. Since Jon was Rhaegar's son, does that make him heir to the throne since he is the male offspring? Or does Daenerys have seniority because she's his aunt?

From the GoT wiki:

Quote:
This episode confirms the longstanding theory hinted at in the novels that Jon Snow is actually the secret child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen - popularly known by the fandom acronym "R+L=J" ("Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon"). It is also heavily implied, but not outright confirmed just yet, that Rhaegar didn't abduct and rape Lyanna, but instead she ran off with him, and Jon was their secret love child (although the possibility remains that her pregnancy was the product of rape). Given that Rhaegar was Daenerys's older brother, and Jon is his male heir, if Rhaegar married Lyanna in secret, then by all the different inheritance laws of Westeros Jon Snow technically ranks ahead of Daenerys Targaryen in line of succession to the Iron Throne.

Complicating matters is if Jon was a Stark bastard, but a Targaryen bastard or not. Daenerys would still rank ahead of Jon if he was merely Rhaegar's bastard son, and Rhaegar was already married to Elia Martell. On the other hand, the Targaryens were known to practice polygamy in past centuries when they thought they could get away with it - always a contentious issue with the Faith of the Seven which forced them to abandon it. Nonetheless it is possible that Rhaegar entered into a second marriage to Lyanna in secret, making Jon his legitimate son. Of course, as Renly Baratheon pointed out in Season 1, the "line of succession" is often just a legal fiction decided at the point of a sword: Robert Baratheon claimed the Iron Throne on the token pretext that he was Rhaegar's second cousin (his grandmother was a Targaryen), but it was ultimately decided on the battlefield.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:05 pm    Post subject:

So I'm guessing Melisandre meets up with the Brotherhood Without Banners next season. Will Arya encounter them? I mean Melisandre, Beric Dondarrion, and Thoros of Myr are all still on her list. Maybe The Hound too but I think she took him off of it. Should be interesting if that encounter occurs.

FIRE MITCH
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone else think that Sansa's look to Baelish meant she was leaning toward joining team Baelish? Or am I just paranoid?

Also, how cool will it be to have scenes of Varys and Baelish again? But this time it will be Varys and Tyrion vs Baelish.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:38 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Does anyone else think that Sansa's look to Baelish meant she was leaning toward joining team Baelish? Or am I just paranoid?

Also, how cool will it be to have scenes of Varys and Baelish again? But this time it will be Varys and Tyrion vs Baelish.

I interpreted it as Sansa being worried about Littlefinger since Jon's now an obstacle to his vision.

But the second time I watched, I tried to look at it from the perspective that she was on his side and I could see how her body language supported that.

IDK I think it'd be dumb since she just said "Only a fool would trust Littlefinger" and Jon said "We have to trust each other." And LF is the fool who married her off to Ramsay. It would be a major let down if Sansa were to join Team Baelish
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:01 am    Post subject:

Sansa saw Little Finger was not happy about Jon being proclaimed King of the North and was worried about what Little Finger might do.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject:

So let me get this correctly:
House Tyrell only got grandma left
House Baratheon got Robert's bastard
House Lanister got Jamie, Cersei and Tyrion
House Targeryan got Khaleesi and Jon Snow
House Stark got Sansa, Arya and Bran
House Greyjoy got Theon and his sister
House Martell is no more
The Khals... no more leaders
House Bolton... no more

They done kill a boat load of main characters

I think Jon Snow character is to fight the war with the white walkers

The Iron throne looks like it's going to be a battle among the ladies: Cersei, Khaleesi, Sansa, Arya and Theon's sister

Best TV series ever
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:

Varys coming back to Westeros can only spell trouble for Petyr if he remains North. Afterall, Varys is one of the few people left who isn't against the Starks, that knows about how Petyr backstabbed Ned. I'd imagine if word ever got out about Petyr's role in Ned's demise, especially with a now united North, Petyr's time in the North would be limited.

Speaking of Petyr's possible weaknesses, does anyone think that Sansa can use the fact that she witnessed Petyr pushing Lysa out the moondoor to turn the Vale/Robin against him or would that just be too easy?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:34 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Shlumpledink wrote:

I interpreted it as Sansa being worried about Littlefinger since Jon's now an obstacle to his vision.

But the second time I watched, I tried to look at it from the perspective that she was on his side and I could see how her body language supported that.

IDK I think it'd be dumb since she just said "Only a fool would trust Littlefinger" and Jon said "We have to trust each other." And LF is the fool who married her off to Ramsay. It would be a major let down if Sansa were to join Team Baelish

Sansa has learned too much and become way too strong a person to be fooled into going along with Littlefinger.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:39 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
So I'm guessing Melisandre meets up with the Brotherhood Without Banners next season. Will Arya encounter them? I mean Melisandre, Beric Dondarrion, and Thoros of Myr are all still on her list. Maybe The Hound too but I think she took him off of it. Should be interesting if that encounter occurs.

Interesting. That makes sense. Still don't know what to make of the Brotherhood or the followers of the Lord of Light. Except for when the Brotherhood sold Gendry to Melisandre, everything they've done before and since seemed to be good.

Up until this season, we all generally thought of Melisandre and the Lord of Light as evil but after they brought Jon back from the dead I have to wonder. Melisandre understood early on the threat of the White Walkers. She had Stannis spare Davos' life because she thought he could help in that fight.

I'm interested to see what role they will play and which of the two major storylines: the North or Daenerys' invasion. They will be involved in.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:45 am    Post subject:

8 details you might have missed in the 'Game of Thrones' finale

The Bolton sigil was removed from Winterfell in the opening credits (replaced by the Stark sigil).

Jon Snow's new nickname has a significant meaning. When Robb Stark was crowned King in the North back in season one, his men called him the Young Wolf. Now in season six, when Lord Wyman Manderly declared Jon Snow the King in the North, he referred to Jon as the "White Wolf." This nickname is more than just an allusion to Jon's albino direwolf, Ghost. It has ties to his bastard status.

Jon's new sigil as King in the North will be a reversal of House Stark's banner. In Westeros, bastards who take up their house banners must reverse the colors of the sigil. This custom is meant to signal the man's bastard status.

Arya Stark's highborn mannerisms betrayed her real identity. She almost gave herself away by referring to Frey as "My Lord", something only highborns do - as Tywin Lannister taught her this lesson back in season two.

Arya's scene had another hidden reference: The Rat Cook. Bran Stark told the fable of the Rat Cook right after the Red Wedding.

There was a neat Easter Egg in the Citadel library. The spinning astrolabe from the opening credits is seen hanging from the ceiling.

Were you wondering how Varys managed to get back to Meereen so fast? The show skipped ahead by a few weeks at least. We know because you can see Dornish ships among Daenerys' fleet. The Tyrell fleet is present as well, meaning Lady Olenna has officially teamed up with the Mother of Dragons.

Tommen's final costume was a callback to the prophecy predicting his death. Back in the season five premiere, viewers watched as a young Cersei had her fortune told by a woman named Maggy the Frog. The witch told her that all three of her children would die. "Gold their crowns, and gold their shrouds," she said. Tommen was dressed in a golden jacket when he committed suicide by jumping from his window in the Red Keep.

Sansa and Littlefinger's conversation was a reversal of a scene from season one. Catelyn told Ned the news of Jon Arryn's death in this exact same place.

Details and visuals at link.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

The Bolton sigil was removed from Winterfell in the opening credits (replaced by the Stark sigil).

Jon Snow's new nickname has a significant meaning. When Robb Stark was crowned King in the North back in season one, his men called him the Young Wolf. Now in season six, when Lord Wyman Manderly declared Jon Snow the King in the North, he referred to Jon as the "White Wolf." This nickname is more than just an allusion to Jon's albino direwolf, Ghost. It has ties to his bastard status.

Jon's new sigil as King in the North will be a reversal of House Stark's banner. In Westeros, bastards who take up their house banners must reverse the colors of the sigil. This custom is meant to signal the man's bastard status.

Arya Stark's highborn mannerisms betrayed her real identity. She almost gave herself away by referring to Frey as "My Lord", something only highborns do - as Tywin Lannister taught her this lesson back in season two.

Arya's scene had another hidden reference: The Rat Cook. Bran Stark told the fable of the Rat Cook right after the Red Wedding.

There was a neat Easter Egg in the Citadel library. The spinning astrolabe from the opening credits is seen hanging from the ceiling.

Were you wondering how Varys managed to get back to Meereen so fast? The show skipped ahead by a few weeks at least. We know because you can see Dornish ships among Daenerys' fleet. The Tyrell fleet is present as well, meaning Lady Olenna has officially teamed up with the Mother of Dragons.

Tommen's final costume was a callback to the prophecy predicting his death. Back in the season five premiere, viewers watched as a young Cersei had her fortune told by a woman named Maggy the Frog. The witch told her that all three of her children would die. "Gold their crowns, and gold their shrouds," she said. Tommen was dressed in a golden jacket when he committed suicide by jumping from his window in the Red Keep.

Sansa and Littlefinger's conversation was a reversal of a scene from season one. Catelyn told Ned the news of Jon Arryn's death in this exact same place.

Good post.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Dammit, this show is amazing.

Great post, do one for every single episode please, thanks.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject:

I thought White Wolf meant Jon had become a Witcher.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject:

Game of Thrones showrunners confirm there are only 15 episodes left, max.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confirm-there-are-only-15-e-1782731578

marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I've always told GoT detractors that the beauty of this show/series is in the details.

I rewatched S1 a few months ago -- good lord, i thought i knew what was going on the first time i saw it... i had no idea how much more awesome the season would be once i rewatched it
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:11 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Game of Thrones showrunners confirm there are only 15 episodes left, max.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/game-of-thrones-showrunners-confirm-there-are-only-15-e-1782731578

So 2 more seasons with about 6-8 episodes each?
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Not my work, but thanks.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

The Iron throne looks like it's going to be a battle among the ladies: Cersei, Khaleesi, Sansa, Arya and Theon's sister

This is mostly true.

Arya is an assassin and not "in the game."

Sansa is not even head of House Stark.

That is Jon.

Theon's sister Yara is not even queen of the Iron Islands yet. She has made a pact with Daenarys to support her for the Iron Throne in return for her becoming Queen of the Iron Islands. Yara agreed as Queen of the Iron Islands the Iron Born will no longer pillage,plunder or rape. In that sense they are bending the knee to the Iron Throne.

Then there is Euron Greyjoy who is the actual King of the Iron Islands.

Danyy no longer needs his fleet for her Navy. But Cersei does.
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

im pulling for the white walkers.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Good post.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject:

LOL.. #teamwhitewalker
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Seems like someone's hanging around the reddit forums for GOT/ ASOIAF
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Seems like someone's hanging around the reddit forums for GOT/ ASOIAF

The shows have already surpassed the books on the timeline. No worries about spoilers, lol.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 158, 159, 160 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 159 of 247
Jump to: