Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
So what's going to be Euron's gift to Cersei? I'm guessing it's Gendry but not sure how he fits into the story at this point.

I thought Arya would stop by Winterfell and reunite with her family. I fear for her life with her going to Kings Landing.

I think he wants to bring her Tyrion
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:
So what's going to be Euron's gift to Cersei? I'm guessing it's Gendry but not sure how he fits into the story at this point.

I thought Arya would stop by Winterfell and reunite with her family. I fear for her life with her going to Kings Landing.

I doubt she dies before her list is complete. But at the same time, one of the themes throughout the show is that Cersei always finds a way to win, so it's tough to underestimate her, even when it looks like she has no viable play. It'll be interesting to see if Arya actually finds a way to kill her -- also wouldn't shock me if Jaimie does it before Arya can either.

They also set up the meeting between Jon/Dany -- Sam figures out that Dragonstone is built on top of a mountain of Dragonglass, and sends a raven to Jon. Meanwhile Dany just got there. However, Bran is the only one that knows the truth about them, and he's all the way up at Castle Black.

They also spent a bunch of time on the Hound, and it's obvious he's going to play a big role this season. That character has done a complete 180 from when he first appeared. I love the irony in that he's following around a bunch of fire worshippers and then sees a vision in the flames, given the origin of his scars.

Lastly, I'm telling y'all, watch out for Little Finger in all of this. I guarantee you he finds a way to "profit" off of the growing tension b/w Sansa and Jon.

That's definitely his goal right now, iirc he was trying to undermine Jon to Sansa in the Season 6 finale
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I doubt she dies before her list is complete. But at the same time, one of the themes throughout the show is that Cersei always finds a way to win, so it's tough to underestimate her, even when it looks like she has no viable play. It'll be interesting to see if Arya actually finds a way to kill her -- also wouldn't shock me if Jaimie does it before Arya can either.

They also set up the meeting between Jon/Dany -- Sam figures out that Dragonstone is built on top of a mountain of Dragonglass, and sends a raven to Jon. Meanwhile Dany just got there. However, Bran is the only one that knows the truth about them, and he's all the way up at Castle Black.

They also spent a bunch of time on the Hound, and it's obvious he's going to play a big role this season. That character has done a complete 180 from when he first appeared. I love the irony in that he's following around a bunch of fire worshippers and then sees a vision in the flames, given the origin of his scars.

Lastly, I'm telling y'all, watch out for Little Finger in all of this. I guarantee you he finds a way to "profit" off of the growing tension b/w Sansa and Jon.

That's definitely his goal right now, iirc he was trying to undermine Jon to Sansa in the Season 6 finale

Yeah, the showrunners were definitely not subtle in trying to paint that to light. ersonally, I think it would and should bite him in teh ass. If Sansa falls for it, it means all the progress she's made as a character is all for naught. That's just bad writing, 10K pages into teh story.This late into the narrative is the point where we should just be seeing the events unfold to their inevitable crescendo.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Yeah, the showrunners were definitely not subtle in trying to paint that to light. ersonally, I think it would and should bite him in teh ass. If Sansa falls for it, it means all the progress she's made as a character is all for naught. That's just bad writing, 10K pages into teh story.This late into the narrative is the point where we should just be seeing the events unfold to their inevitable crescendo.

I imagine they're going to further develop the tension between Jon and Sansa and make us think LF will win once again, but Sansa ends up staying loyal to Jon and gets rid of LF. I hope they have something more clever up their sleeves since that's pretty predictable.

As far as the bolded goes, I can't help but feel this has been mostly true for a few seasons now already. Which kind of sucks -- I'm not a fan of how a lot of the show's plotting has felt "inevitable."
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject:

I don't know about you guys but Sansa seems cool with Jon, sure she's questioning Jon on some decisions but their conversations afterward were very civil and just chill.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:22 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
tox wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

I imagine they're going to further develop the tension between Jon and Sansa and make us think LF will win once again, but Sansa ends up staying loyal to Jon and gets rid of LF. I hope they have something more clever up their sleeves since that's pretty predictable.

As far as the bolded goes, I can't help but feel this has been mostly true for a few seasons now already. Which kind of sucks -- I'm not a fan of how a lot of the show's plotting has felt "inevitable."

Yep, with you on that. As far as how the feeling of the show is inevitable. It has to. It's a closed ended narrative and we're near the end.
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:30 pm    Post subject:

So...in theory...if the whitewalkers kill a dragon will it become a zombie dragon?

I enjoyed the first episode. You know at some point there will be a doublecross between the greyjoys and lannisters.

I feel bad for Jorah, lol. he's probably my favorite character and favorite performance on the show.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Cochese wrote:
So...in theory...if the whitewalkers kill a dragon will it become a zombie dragon?

I enjoyed the first episode. You know at some point there will be a doublecross between the greyjoys and lannisters.

I feel bad for Jorah, lol. he's probably my favorite character and favorite performance on the show.

Looks like it and people are speculating that something like that will happen.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Emilia Clarke's limited range, poor acting, and stuck-in-middle school girl look is a major detractor for Daenerys to me. It may have been good enough for when she was in that mewling early stage in the series but now it's just terrible. It's wholly unlike the transformations that Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner have taken both in look and character. Otherwise, the story is proceeding along well.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
Emilia Clarke's limited range, poor acting, and stuck-in-middle school girl look is a major detractor for Daenerys to me. It may have been good enough for when she was in that mewling early stage in the series but now it's just terrible. It's wholly unlike the transformations that Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner have taken both in look and character. Otherwise, the story is proceeding along well.

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame that Dany's arc, which is clearly pivotal, is so uninteresting and even annoying.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Couldn't agree more. It's a shame that Dany's arc, which is clearly pivotal, is so uninteresting and even annoying.

At least she's got Tyrion with her. That helps.

Hopefully it gets better when she has to face some actual adversity, as opposed to "oh no, Qarth slave guys are attacking me. Oh wait, I have dragons that apparently everyone forgot about, they can take out their entire fleet in 3 minutes. Now everything is fine again." Or, "oh no, I just got captured by Dothraki. Oh wait, I can't get burned, I'll just set this place on fire and walk away, and then pick up another ENTIRE ARMY in the process".
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

What's shocking to me how many people I know like her and her story arc. Even ignoring her look/acting, Dany is such a 1 dimensional character.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

What's shocking to me how many people I know like her and her story arc. Even ignoring her look/acting, Dany is such a 1 dimensional character.

Yep. The character is predictable and without nuance. And as an actress Clarke is unable to portray neither the charisma nor the powerful persona that the character would need to be the person she allegedly is. It's as if everyone just sits back and says, 'Well she's got those dragons . . . so yeah, no need for deeper development with her . . ."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Hopefully it gets better when she has to face some actual adversity, as opposed to "oh no, Qarth slave guys are attacking me. Oh wait, I have dragons that apparently everyone forgot about, they can take out their entire fleet in 3 minutes. Now everything is fine again." Or, "oh no, I just got captured by Dothraki. Oh wait, I can't get burned, I'll just set this place on fire and walk away, and then pick up another ENTIRE ARMY in the process".

Maybe it helps. I don't know, she's the one thing about the show that make Tyrion in being the room less than one typically expects.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:

I really think that whole Sam/Gilly storyline could have been condensed down to a few episodes. He's not going to stay at the Citadel long enough to become a maester and will leave with his father's Valyrian steel sword to help Jon fight the white walkers. It was cool to actually see the Citadel library and get an update on Jorah though.

There was a very important detail subtly played in that scene that may give insight into Little Finger's fate though . . . and it wasn't the mountain of dragon glass.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yep. Makes me wonder what the original pick for the part, Tamzin Merchant (who by the way looks much more like the character GRRM envisioned later in the series than Clarke) could've done. I vomited when I heard Clarke would be headlining the Han Solo movie.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AY2043 wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Maybe it helps. I don't know, she's the one thing about the show that make Tyrion in being the room less than one typically expects.

She's also the one thing in the show that makes Tyrion look like less of a midget. I usually like continuity in actors but this is one where I would have supported a change.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

Yep. Makes me wonder what the original pick for the part, Tamzin Merchant (who by the way looks much more like the character GRRM envisioned later in the series than Clarke) could've done. I vomited when I heard Clarke would be headlining the Han Solo movie.

I'm guessing there won't be too many challenges to the Solo role.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
rwongega wrote:

I'm guessing there won't be too many challenges to the Solo role.

I just wish Ron Howard would dump Clarke. Alden should do the role justice (better actor than my original fave Anthony Ingruber though Ingruber looks amazingly like Ford).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:30 pm    Post subject:

So greyscale can be cured by ingestion of dragonglass. Not my work, people over Reddit deciphered the book Sam was going through.

This connects Sam and Jorah with Jon likely heading to Dragonstone and Daenerys already over there. Plus, the Hound's vision in the fire was related to Dragonstone as well so I'm guessing everyone is going to the same place. Should be interesting to watch.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
So greyscale can be cured by ingestion of dragonglass. Not my work, people over Reddit deciphered the book Sam was going through.

This connects Sam and Jorah with Jon likely heading to Dragonstone and Daenerys already over there. Plus, the Hound's vision in the fire was related to Dragonstone as well so I'm guessing everyone is going to the same place. Should be interesting to watch.

You mean other than the ones who are to inevitably die in the meantime.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I really think that whole Sam/Gilly storyline could have been condensed down to a few episodes. He's not going to stay at the Citadel long enough to become a maester and will leave with his father's Valyrian steel sword to help Jon fight the white walkers. It was cool to actually see the Citadel library and get an update on Jorah though.

There was a very important detail subtly played in that scene that may give insight into Little Finger's fate though . . . and it wasn't the mountain of dragon glass.

Think you've been visiting the same sites and reading the same articles as I have. Unless you actually figured it all out on the spot then damn props to you.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Think you've been visiting the same sites and reading the same articles as I have. Unless you actually figured it all out on the spot then damn props to you.

A bit of both. I was wondering what we were supposed to be seeing, but didn't recognize it, so I did some research which lead to a couple of interesting insights.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

The Hound's vision was of a wall of ice, a castle where the wall meets the sea, and the army of the dead marching by a mountain shaped like an arrowhead.

He was like referring to the Night's Watch castle at Eastwatch by the Sea and the arrowhead might be Storrold's Point near Hardhome. Eastwatch is also where Jon is sending Tormund and the Wildlings because it's nearest Hardhome where they last encountered the White Walkers.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

The Hound's vision was of a wall of ice, a castle where the wall meets the sea, and the army of the dead marching by a mountain shaped like an arrowhead.

He was like referring to the Night's Watch castle at Eastwatch by the Sea and the arrowhead might be Storrold's Point near Hardhome. Eastwatch is also where Jon is sending Tormund and the Wildlings because it's nearest Hardhome where they last encountered the White Walkers.

Oh thanks for letting me know. I thought the "mountain shaped like an arrowhead" was referring to Dragonstone. My bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 161, 162, 163 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 162 of 247
Jump to: